PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to FBC

Zeke
03-18-2003, 07:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Fiver By Committee is an ongoing experiment in audience participation at 5MV. Most parodies we carry are written by a single author or occasionally two; FBC is open to anyone who wants to give it a try. My hope is that it'll provide a valuable practice run for would-be guest writers, and a little fun for all.

The general procedure is as follows:
<ul> I start a thread, "Block X" for some positive integer X, with a synopsis of a scene or short group of scenes from the movie in progress.
Anyone who thinks of a funny way to retell the scene posts his or her version. Others may make suggestions on improving the proposed versions, or just indicate which they think is best.
If the posters reach consensus after a couple of days, I take the completed Block X, add it to the fiver-in-progress, and start the thread for Block X+1.
If, on the other hand, the thread has been active for several days without any apparent consensus, I or Kira proposes a version combining the most popular ones so far, and the group votes on it. Assuming a decent majority vote in favour, this becomes the finished Block X.[/list]
The obvious rules apply: no flaming, no double exclamation marks, and it's okay to argue about which version to use, but keep it civil. I reserve the right to make final decisions about each block. Don't take it hard if your scene isn't chosen by the group, especially if you're a first-timer. All of 5MV's guest writers have gone through the editing process and had to make changes they weren't happy about.

All that said, let's have a good time, folks.[/color:post_uid0]