PDA

View Full Version : Block 7 - We don't have time for -- whoa, deja vu

Zeke
03-18-2003, 09:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Right, we all know what happens here. Neo goes to meet Morpheus and is picked up by Trinity and Switch, who remove the bug the Agents had planted in him. As I recall, there were several attempts at this block already, so try to remember them as best you can.

The script for this block is here (http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/scripture/matrix/07-getting-the-bug-out.txt).[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-18-2003, 11:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Here it is, as best as I can remember it:

Morpheus: Okay, let's try this again. Morpheus says to go to the bridge.
Neo: Isn't this line bugged?
Morpheus: Would I be stressing your importance so much if it were?

...[insert a line or four here where Neo decides he's leaving]...
Trinity: You see that road? Neo, that road is your life.
Neo: (insert some goofy, insulting interpretation here) Hey! You don't need to get all shirty.
Trinity: Just for that, you have to lose yours.
Neo: Are you intending to test my faith of the heart?
*SCHLUP*
Neo: Aahh! It's 'de bug!
Trinity: I am so going to get you for that.

I remembered the one phrase as "Are you [i:post_uid0]going[/i:post_uid0] to test my faith...", but I changed it here so it doesn't create an unintentional parallelism thingy with the last line. Maybe someone else could come up with a better verb to use in its place. (Come to think of it, maybe it was "intending" originally)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-19-2003, 12:23 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]...[insert a line or four here where Neo decides he's leaving]...
[/quote:post_uid0]

Switch: You have two options: stay or go.
Keanu: I choose go.
Switch: Yes! Pay up, Trinity.

*contemplative pause* I should really go back to studying for my midterm.

[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Aahh! It's 'de bug!
Trinity: I am so going to get you for that.[/quote:post_uid0]

And I'm going to get you for that. Nice pun.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-19-2003, 12:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thank you, but I didn't come up with that particular version. I'm not sure who did, might've been PHJ.

And I like your fill-in lines. :D[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-19-2003, 02:28 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This is the version I best remember (and best like):

[quote:post_uid0]Morpheus: Okay, lets try another round. Morpheus says go wait under a shadowy bridge.
Neo: Isn't this line bugged?
Morpheus: Would I be stressing your vital importance so much if it were?

Trinity: It's a long road, getting from there to here...
Neo: Isn't it supposed to be the other way round? Anyway, I'm staying so you don't need to get all shirty.
Neo: Are you gonna test my faith of the heart?
*SCHKLOOP*
Neo: Aahh! It's 'de bug!
Trinity: You are so going to pay for that later.[/quote:post_uid0]

And yes, that was one of mine (as was the 'shirty' pun). The other version I remember went something like this:

[quote:post_uid0]Morpheus: Okay, lets try another round. Morpheus says go wait under a shadowy bridge.
Neo: Isn't this line tapped?
Morpheus: We'll take care of the debugging later...

Trinity: See that road Neo? That's your life.
Neo: (reads sign) Loser Street? Hey! Anyway, I'm staying so you don't need to get all shirty.
Neo: Are you gonna test my faith of the heart?
*SCHKLOOP*
Neo:
Trinity:
[/quote:post_uid0]

I forget what the last lines are for that one. Some variations on the 'street' lines are below, though the last one isn't quite right.

[quote:post_uid0]Trinity: See that road Neo? That's your life.
Neo: Wet and full of potholes? Hey! Anyway, I'm staying so you don't need to get all shirty.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Trinity: You've been down that road before, Neo.
Neo: (reads sign) Maple and Fifth? Yeah, I have been down there before. Anyway, I'm staying so you don't need to get all shirty.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-19-2003, 05:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]And I like your fill-in lines. [/quote:post_uid0]

It wasn't until hours after I wrote tham that I realised they were rather derivative of one of Kira's fivers.

It is very difficult to type from behind a cat.[/color:post_uid0]

Wonko The Sane
03-19-2003, 05:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I dunno...I don't really like the 'shirty' pun, but the rest of it is great![/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-19-2003, 05:39 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Kira's called my attention to the fact that this was originally Block 6, not 7, and we'd already come up with a final version. Unfortunately, it wasn't included in MPQ's otherwise-lifesaving backup; we'll have to rediscover or replace it.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-19-2003, 09:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Actually, PHJ is closer to the correct version. I don't quite remember anything about waiting "under" a bridge, but that doesn't mean anything.

I would like to add one more variation and a minor nitpick on the road joke for consideration (though I think one of the two that PHJ mentioned was the one actually chosen, and I think I rather prefer PHJ's first one myself):

[quote:post_uid0]Trinity: See that road Neo? [b:post_uid0]That road is[/b:post_uid0] your life.
Neo: You mean that dark alley with all the litter and potholes? I don't like that one, how about that nice clean new-looking one over there instead? Anyway, I'm staying so you don't need to get all shirty.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Kira
03-20-2003, 01:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This was my favorite version, compiled from about half a dozen scenes:

[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] (over the phone) Let's try another round. Morpheus says to go to the shadowy bridge.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Hey, how do you know my phone isn't tapped?
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Why don't I stress your vital importance and find out?

[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] You've been down that road before, Neo.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Have I? Where am I?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] Sigh. Corner of Maple and Fifth.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Oh. Then yeah, I have been down that road before.
[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] And it's been a long road, getting from there to here. Now hold still.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Are you going to test my faith of the heart?
(Schkoop)
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] OW! Hey, now you guys are bugging me.
[b:post_uid0]Switch:[/b:post_uid0] Actually, it's more like debugging.[/color:post_uid0]

Wonko The Sane
03-20-2003, 01:26 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like it! :D[/color:post_uid0]

MPQ
03-20-2003, 07:55 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good, though I still like the "'de bug" joke.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
03-20-2003, 01:55 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think the "Hey, now you guys are bugging me" line goes well with the similar line in the previous block.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-20-2003, 09:07 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I would like to see the 'de bug joke in there, but I can live with it if it isn't.[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
03-21-2003, 01:31 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Personally, I don't care for the "Faith of the Heart" pun. But, I'm willing to go for it if everyone's in favor of it.

Otherwise, I like what Kira came up with :)[/color:post_uid0]

MPQ
03-21-2003, 06:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Kira"]I think the "Hey, now you guys are bugging me" line goes well with the similar line in the previous block.[/quote:post_uid0]
I'm sorry, I just don't find "It's more like debugging" funny. I hadn't noticed that the "You guys are bugging me" was in both scenes. I guess it's okay; maybe someone could come up with a better line for Trinity (not me, though, since I don't think I could come up with anything.)

EDIT: I wanted to amend my thought and say that I [u:post_uid0]did[/u:post_uid0] like the rest of the proposed block.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-24-2003, 05:05 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I will try to remember what mine said. I like the De-bug joke too. Its a keeper

Here it goes:
Morpheus: Whats Up!!
Neo: Whats Up!!
Agent Smith: Whats Up!!

Trinity: Neo, You've been down that road before
Neo: Of course, its how I got to the bridge.
Trinity: Yeah, now hold still.
Neo: What are you doing to me?
Trinity: Debugging you
Neo: Will I be able to download more stuff afterwards?
Trinity: Yes, but you will need a memory upgrade first.
Neo: Where can I get one this time of night?
Trinity: Morpheus has plenty of memory upgrade pills.
Neo: Whoa[/color:post_uid0]

Things Are Good
03-25-2003, 07:29 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like Kira's version.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
04-01-2003, 10:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, we seem to be pretty much agreed on this scene.

Will the next block be up any time soon?[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
04-01-2003, 10:25 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks for reminding me; FBC had slipped my mind. If we're agreed on Block 7, I'll post 8 later today.[/color:post_uid0]

Wonko The Sane
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Agreed.[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
04-02-2003, 12:23 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Agreed[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
04-02-2003, 12:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Kira's version is fine. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
04-02-2003, 01:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Thanks for reminding me; FBC had slipped my mind. [/quote:post_uid0]

Remind me to pester you on ICQ more often.

Agreed.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
04-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Right, then we're done here.