PDA

View Full Version : Define 5M.net

Nate the Great
04-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Okay, so I was wandering around Bob and George forums (one more plug for the granddaddy of all sprite comics), and I stumble across the list of 1001 Ways to Pass Time on the Internet. Number 77 is ... well, I'll quote:

http://forums.bobandgeorge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6089&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Number 77
Name: 5-Minute Voyager
Link: www.fiveminute.net
Type: Star Trek Parody
Description: Compress a Star Trek episode into 5 minutes, add a whole bunch of parody stuff, and you've got a fiver! Even if you don't like Star Trek (unlike me), or are not a hyper-fanatic convention-cosplaying Trekkie (like me), there's still enough to grab your attention.

Oh, and the 77 isn't a rank or anything, it's just the 77th listed. And it was posted in October 2004 (was it still 5MV back then?). So my question is: how would you define 5M.net in one sentence?

PointyHairedJedi
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
FiveMinute.Net: the most wretched hive of reductionist nerds and pie obsessives on the internet.

But that's not great, so how about this:

We are the fivists. You will be parodied. Verbosity is futile.

Chancellor Valium
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
The most dangerous substance this side of Ursa Minor.

?

Nate the Great
04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
All your parodies are belong to us. You have no chance to survive read our fivers. :)

Actually, "Got five?" works for me on a lot of levels. Not exactly a "definition," but since when is anything on this site exactly accurate?