PDA

View Full Version : Block 12 - Where the party would be

Zeke
06-14-2003, 04:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Neo wakes up and meets Tank, a freeborn human without an uplink port (meaning he can't enter the Matrix, so he acts as "operator" when the team does so). He tells Neo about Zion, the last free human city. Then he hooks Neo up for the training Morpheus mentioned -- which turns out to be nothing more difficult than instantaneous downloads into his brain. Neo learns one martial art after another, loving every minute.

One scene, synopsis here (http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/scripture/matrix/14-training-begins.txt).[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
06-14-2003, 03:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]First try - don't expect anything spectacular.

Tank: Do not try to see the holes. Instead, only try to see the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Tank: There are no holes.
Neo: So you're from Zion then?
Tank: Yup - last place in the real world where you can still buy a McDonalds. Time to start downloading things I think.
Neo: And how do you do that, exactly?
Tank: Using GoZilla of course.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-14-2003, 06:32 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Tank: Hey Neo, I've got great news for you! We're having a sale on fighting techniques! Order RIGHT NOW and we'll give you eight methods for one cent! That's right, EIGHT AMAZING HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT METHODS for JUST ONE CENT! Astound your friends with--
Neo: Do you have jiu-jitsu?
Tank: Yep.
Neo: Boxing?
Tank: Traditional, Drunken, [i:post_uid0]or[/i:post_uid0] Mike Tyson style!
Neo: Can you teach me how to hang motionless in the air just before I deliver a lethal kick to my opponent's jaw?
Tank: When we get through with you, even Michael Jordan's hangtime will pale next to yours.
Neo: Sweet! Count me in.[/quote:post_uid0]

Too long and it only covers one point, but I thought I'd share it anyway.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
06-14-2003, 07:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This section isn't really inspiring me, but here are three to choose from:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] I'm a child of Zion.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] You're a child of a mountain?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Sigh. The first thing I'm uploading to you is a copy of the Torah.

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Zion is where all the cool people hang out.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Is it on top of a mountain?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] No, it's near the center of the Earth where it's still warm.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Then how are all the people there cool?

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Did you get much sleep last night?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] No.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] You will tonight. I'm going to upload [i:post_uid0]Star Trek: The Motion Picture[/i:post_uid0] to you tonight including the deleted "Memory Wall" scenes.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
06-14-2003, 08:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Oh, I like all three of Derek's. NAHT's and PHJ's seemed long, and also less funny. I'll post when I come up with something clever. Or with something stupid. But preferably with something clever.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-14-2003, 09:12 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree with Standback and Derek for the most part. It's frustrating :mad: -- here we have a computer geek, wish-fulfillmenting on behalf of computer geeks everywhere, having a ball learning how to fight "cool" in what one could consider a plot device, and I can't think of much to do with that potential so far.

Anyone know any good Mr. Miyagi quotes?

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Come, Neo--we're going to make you into a martial-arts fighter.
Neo: Why?
Tank: Because if we leave you as a computer geek, we'll waste all these nifty special effects we've got. Also, the last action hero we had quit.
Neo: Why did he do that?
Tank: He found out we're Zionists. You don't mind, do you?
Neo: What, and pass up a chance to allow millions of computer geeks to live vicariously through my kung fu adventures? Never![/quote:post_uid0]

(Honk if you spotted the movie title before you read this sentence. ;))[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
06-15-2003, 04:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Downloaning... now!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Whoa!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] I know, things are a lot faster since we've upgraded Morpheus.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Morpheus? When's he comming?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] When's who coming?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] The guy on first!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] OK, that's the last time I download the classic comedy routines program first!

S'all I got - so far[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
06-15-2003, 05:19 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tank: What shall we download first?
Neo: Acting skills?
Tank: Too complicated, how about Combat Training?
Neo: Um, sounds good to me
Tank: Hold on
*first download*
Neo: Wow, she was hot. I want more!!
Tank: Oops, that was the program for the woman in the red dress
Neo: What dress?[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
06-15-2003, 08:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sax, allow me to bounce off your idea, for:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] The man's a machine! I've never seen a guy download so much information so quickly!
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] That's because we only upgraded to ASDL last week.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Oh. Right.

But I really liked NeoMatrix's one, with maybe a few minor phrase edits:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] So, what'll we download first?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Acting skills?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Yeah, right. How about Combat Training?
[i:post_uid0](Neo spasms, sizzles, and comes out gasping for breath.)[/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Whoa! Give me more!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Whoops. That was the "woman-in-the-red-dress" program.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] What dress?

And I'd actually put the original "Holy shit!" in instead of "Whoa!", but I'm not quite sure where we draw the line around here, and it's not exactly important.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-15-2003, 08:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This was rattling around in my brain for a while, and when did Zeke post the block? Â When I was away for the weekend. Â :P

Tank: Neo's been downloading for 10 hours!
Morpheus: Why so long?
Tank: He's only 2400 baud.
Morpheus: Hmm...maybe I was wrong about him being The One.[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel
06-15-2003, 09:11 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Just a thought:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] I have no holes, because I'm homegrown, get it? Homegrown, bwahahaha.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Eh, right.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] That does it, lets start downloading social lessons. Lesson one: How to appreciate Tank's sense of humor.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Tank, not him too! You're already responsible for killing the first five guys![/color:post_uid0]

taya17
06-16-2003, 01:26 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Standback"][b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Whoops. That was the "woman-in-the-red-dress" program.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] What dress?[/quote:post_uid0]
HmmmMMMmmm this sounds vaguely familiar... Have no idea why. Was it in some other fiver? :leaky memory:

I'm bouncing off various ideas here, but how about this:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Hey guys! Check out his download rate! Amazing! I've never seen anything like it!
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] He's on broadband.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Oh.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] *waking up* Whoah! Hot! Give me more!
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] [i:post_uid0]The 147 positions of the Kama Sutra[/i:post_uid0]? What the-?!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Aw, shucks, wrong file!

Gah. Will post when I think of a [i:post_uid0]funny,[/i:post_uid0] ORIGINAL idea.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-16-2003, 02:36 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Tank: Good morning. I have been assigned to act as your instructor during your stay here. Today we will start with the basics. First off: Infrastructure Maintenance 101--How to Fill Out and Submit a Request Form for Supplies; Infra-Maintenance 102--Thirty-Three Ways to Peel Potatoes When You Don't Have a Sharp Knife--
Neo: Hey, let's skip all that and go straight to the good stuff like karate, OK?
Tank: Um, I suppose that that could also work...
Neo: And get me one of those pairs of cool shades.
Tank: No. To get cool shades, you must go to Z'ha'Dum and visit the gift shop.
Neo: Don't you mean Zion?
Tank: Whatever. And you can't go there until you've passed all the classes, including Security 103: How to Stop Someone From Betraying Us All to the Matrix.*
Neo: Aw.[/quote:post_uid0]

Long, but we could shorten it down or something...

[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Can you get me one of those pairs of cool shades?
Tank: No. To get cool shades, you must go to Z'ha'Dum and visit the gift shop.
Neo: Don't you mean Zion?
Tank: Whatever. And you can't go there until you've passed all the classes, including Security 103: How to Stop Someone From Betraying Us All to the Matrix.*
Neo: Aw.[/quote:post_uid0]

*I haven't seen the movie, but I'm envisioning a later scene, based on comments here, that runs something like this:

[b:post_uid0]Neo: Hey, what's up?[/b:post_uid0]
Cypher: Oh, nothing.
Neo: "Nothing"? You sure look busy.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher: I'm just betraying you all to the Matrix, is all.
Neo: Oh, okay.[/b:post_uid0]

Etc, etc.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-16-2003, 06:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]including Security 103: How to Stop Someone From Betraying Us All to the Matrix.*
[/quote:post_uid0]

Or How To Defend Yourself Against An Agent Armed With A Banana.[/color:post_uid0]

ijdgaf
06-16-2003, 04:20 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like NeoMatrix's (pronounced "NeoMatrices").[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-21-2003, 02:01 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yep, NeoMatrix's is pretty good. But I also rather like Derek's, my last short version, and the Zionist comment--but not everyone would get that last one.

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Wow, man, you're my hero! Can I have your autograph?
Neo: Lend me your collection of "Unarmed Fighting for Dummies" books and it's a deal.
Tank: Sweet!

Time: Dum de dum de dum...NAH's too brain-dead right now to think of anything relevant and witty to put in here...

Tank: So, what does it feel like being an invincible human fighting machine?
Neo: I dunno. I gave up on those books you lent me. I couldn't understand them. The pictures were nice though.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
06-21-2003, 04:52 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, none of them really grab me so far (though I did like NeoMatrix's ending), so I'm gonna take another shot at it.

Neo: Holy....oh, wait. You must be from Zion, right?
Tank: Well, I guess we can skip the bad pun programs. Let's move on to something more advanced.
*Ffzapp*
Neo: Oka-ay...Improvisation? Characterisation? Delivery? I'm just confused now...
Tank: Maybe that was a bit [i:post_uid0]too[/i:post_uid0] advanced.

Alternately you could just tack NM's ending on to that.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-21-2003, 06:38 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:( This is what comes of trying to five a movie you've never seen, bit by bit. I've only just realized we could have been inserting various references to "The Last Starfighter" in here...

This scene could probably be trimmed several different ways.

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you karate, Neo--
Neo: Sweet!
Tank: --and after that you'll learn kung fu fighting.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [i:post_uid0]everyone[/i:post_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, and kick-boxing, and--
Neo: Why so many different fighting styles?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is incredibly advanced, Neo. Matrix agents have the ability to quickly adapt to almost any method of attack. You might get the first few with your first tactic, but the rest will be impervious to your attacks, and you'll have to be able to rapidly change your phaser frequencies--
Neo: Wait, aren't you thinking of the Borg? And you're teaching me [i:post_uid0]how[/i:post_uid0] many different ways to fight again? How many agents am I going to be facing at once?
Tank: Possibly as many as a few dozen. Think you can handle it?
Neo: Ha, of course! But the way you were going, I thought I might have to fight a hundred or more at the same time. No way I could win a fight like that![/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
06-21-2003, 08:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like it. Even though it's [i:post_uid0]awfully[/i:post_uid0] long.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-21-2003, 08:47 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thank you. :D But as I said, I think we could pick and choose which lines we wanted (assuming we want any). Also, Tank's spiel about the Matrix could use a little shortening. If anyone knows any quotations from Trek we could "borrow" for the purpose, feel free to suggest them.

This would probably be my own preference at the moment:

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you karate, Neo--
Neo: Sweet!
Tank: --Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, kung fu, jiu-jitsu--
Neo: Why so many different martial arts?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is like the Borg, Neo. You can only kill a few agents before the rest adapt, forcing you to adopt a different strategy.
Neo: And you're teaching me how many different styles of fighting again? How many agents am I going to be facing at any one time?
Tank: Possibly as many as a few dozen. Think you can handle it?
Neo: Ha, of course! But the way you were going, I thought I might have to fight a hundred or more at once. No way I could win a fight like that![/quote:post_uid0]

This could be a different way of trimming it:

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you kung fu fighting, Neo.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [i:post_uid0]everybody[/i:post_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, karate--
Neo: Why so many different fighting styles?
Tank: The Matrix Collective is incredibly advanced, Neo. Matrix agents have the ability to quickly adapt to almost any method of attack. You 'll only be able to kill a few with one tactic before the rest adapt, so you'll have to change phaser frequencies repeatedly--
Neo: Um, aren't you thinking of the Borg?[/quote:post_uid0]

Or we could use the first joke from that second trimmed version, and segue into Neo's version:
[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Today we're gonna teach you kung fu fighting, Neo.
Neo: I remember that fad from a few years back. It seemed like I just turned around and suddenly, fast as lightning, [i:post_uid0]everybody[/i:post_uid0] was into that...
Tank: ...Then we'll teach you judo, kick-boxing, karate--but enough talk. Let's get started.
*first download*
Neo: Wow, she was hot. I want more!
Tank: Oops, that was the program for the woman in the red dress.
Neo: What dress?[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Standback
06-23-2003, 04:21 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Considering the first part... Perhaps...

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] C'mon, Neo - now you learn everything you'll need - 1001 ways to kick the crap out of everybody.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Say... has anybody ever tried [i:post_uid0]talking[/i:post_uid0] to these guys?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Shut up and download.
[i:post_uid0](Neo spasms, sizzles, and comes out gasping for breath.)[/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Whoops. That was the "woman-in-the-red-dress" program.

Or, on a similar note:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] C'mon, Neo - now you learn everything you'll need in order to fight in the Matrix!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Wow - you guys probably have really sophisticated weapons, huh?

Or even:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] C'mon, Neo - now you learn everything you'll need to fight in the Matrix!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Will I learn how to defend myself against an Agent armed with a banana?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] What dress?[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
06-23-2003, 07:11 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Standback"][color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] C'mon, Neo - now you learn everything you'll need to fight in the Matrix!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Will I learn how to defend myself against an Agent armed with a banana?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] What dress?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like this one the best. Somehow the banana just gets to me :)[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
06-23-2003, 01:42 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think I like [quote:post_uid0]Neo: Say... has anybody ever tried talking to these guys?[/quote:post_uid0] better in combination with [quote:post_uid0]Tank: Shut up and download.[/quote:post_uid0]
Otherwise Tank's line just doesn't make sense to me.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
06-23-2003, 08:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I this scene calls for a 5MV reference.

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Good morning, Neo. Â Time for your training -- here's what you'll be learning.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] "How to become a martial arts master in 2698 easy steps." Â That sounds long.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Don't worry, we've got a five-minute version.

You could also tack on the "woman in the red dress" gag after Tank's line.

Or, alternative version:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Good morning, Neo. Â Time for your training -- here's what you'll be learning.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] "How to become a martial arts master in 2698 easy steps." Â That sounds pretty heavy.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Don't worry, we've got a condensed version. Â Training is long and life is short.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] (over the comm) Shorter for some than others.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] I've had just about enough of your pessimism.[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
06-23-2003, 09:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I like the second one, with the blatent five-minute reference - that and I know we wanted a reference to Cypher and 'zero' - ergo:

[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] "How to Become a Martial Arts Master in 2698 Easy Steps." Â That sounds pretty heavy.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Don't worry, we've got a five-minute version. Â Training is long and life is short.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] (over the comm) Shorter for some than others.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] What was that?
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Oh, nothing.

We could even change Neo's first line to, then Tank's second to, just to accentuate high stupidity:

[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] "Martial Arts for Dummies." That sounds pretty heavy.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Oh geez, well, we've got a five-minute version. Training is long and life is short.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
06-23-2003, 09:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, I like that version. Not the "Martial Arts for Dummies," though... I'm usually one of the first in line to bash Neo/Keanu but this time I think the joke works better with the "2698 steps".[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
06-23-2003, 09:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I take it no-one likes mine at all then?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-23-2003, 10:13 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yours and most of the others so far are good, PHJ.

[quote:post_uid0]Neo: "How to Become a Martial Arts Master in 2698 Easy Steps." Â That sounds like it could take a while.
Tank: Oh geez, well, we've got a five-minute version. Â Training is long and life is short. Plus we've only got an 18K modem.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-23-2003, 10:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Plus we've only got an 18K modem.[/quote:post_uid0]

2400. Â Smaller numbers are funnier (and I used to use a 2400 modem).

Come to think of it, I'm not sure there's such a thing as an 18K modem.

300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14.4, 28.8, 36K, 56K.

It's scary that I know that.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
06-23-2003, 10:40 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think adding a modem joke slows the scene down, personally. I like Sax's take on my second version.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-23-2003, 11:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That's fine with me then. It's funny, and we'll save space for later in case someone gets inspired at length with a scene further on.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-24-2003, 12:01 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]I think adding a modem joke slows the scene down, personally. [/quote:post_uid0]

Ah, I see you're familiar with my modem.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
06-24-2003, 03:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The Sax-Kira version sounds good to me.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
06-24-2003, 06:09 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tank: Good morning, Neo. Time for your training -- here's what you'll be learning.
Neo: "How to become a martial arts master in 47 easy steps." That sounds long.
Tank: Don't worry, we've got a five-minute version.
*Downloading*
Neo: Holy Cow, there was a hot woman in there!
Tank: Oops, that was the "Woman in the Red Dress" Program
Neo: Why was I wearing the red dress?[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
06-24-2003, 07:07 AM
[quote:post_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Neo: Why was I wearing the red dress?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The One, cross-dressing? No, dude, no. Bad image. BaaAAd image.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
06-24-2003, 11:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Cypher: (over the comm) Shorter for some than others.[/quote:post_uid0]
Do not try to use the comm, that is impossible. Instead, try to realize the truth: There is no comm. :D[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
06-25-2003, 08:38 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, the consensus seems to be for the Sax-Kira version, so I'll go for that too.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
07-03-2003, 06:20 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sooo.... have we reached a General Consensus? :looks hopefully at Zeke:[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
07-03-2003, 02:17 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Still voting for the Sax-Kira ticket, er, I mean scene. Â ;)

(Edit) But, if we go with Neo's first version, I think we can safely cut Tank's second-to-last line.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
07-03-2003, 08:28 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, some people were for mine earlier. Are they still liking mine? My first one that is.[/color:post_uid0]

ijdgaf
07-03-2003, 09:41 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I still liked the red dress gag better.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
07-05-2003, 03:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]In that case, here's a midway point -- the Cypher/nothing joke can easily be put in somewhere else. (Perhaps when Cypher is actually [i:post_uid0]in[/i:post_uid0] the scene.)

Tank: Good morning, Neo. Â Time for your training -- here's what you'll be learning.
Neo: "How to Become a Martial Arts Master in 2698 Easy Steps." Â That sounds pretty heavy.
Tank: Don't worry, we've got a five-minute version. Â Training is long and life is short. Let's get started.
(First download)
Neo: Whoa! She was [i:post_uid0]hot[/i:post_uid0]! Give me more!
Tank: Oops, that was the "Woman in the Red Dress" program.
Neo: What dress?[/color:post_uid0]

ijdgaf
07-05-2003, 03:20 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]...that's a wrap, folks!

(i like it)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-05-2003, 04:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sorry, guys, but now that the scene's different we need a re-vote.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-05-2003, 10:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think you should skip the [i:post_uid0]She was hot![/i:post_uid0] , not giving that part away just yet.

That would mean Neo's second line becomes:

[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Whoa! Give me more![/quote:post_uid0]

And I like the scene, by the way. :)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
07-05-2003, 04:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Sounds good to me.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-05-2003, 05:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Got my vote.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
07-05-2003, 06:26 PM
[quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I think you should skip the [i:post_uid0]She was hot![/i:post_uid0] , not giving that part away just yet.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good idea.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
07-05-2003, 06:43 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree. Take out "She was hot". I vote for it then. Just remember, it was my idea that sparked the woman in the red dress joke in the first place.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
07-07-2003, 07:37 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, Neo, we will not forget! :D

:throws in vote:[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
07-10-2003, 05:43 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]C'mon folks, 6 votes isn't much of a consensus, now is it? :D[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, Fiver By Committee. I'll start Block 13 later today.