PDA

View Full Version : 5MV Hits Iraq

Wowbagger
10-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Well, technically it didn't, because Star Trek has now been removed from it, but I though Zeke might be interested in this article I found circulating in various Democrat-oriented internet zones.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4553/suglyamericansworldblogmg6.png

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/09/28/385833.aspx

I believe this phrase may be your lasting legacy to the world, Kira-who-no-longer-goes-here. Yet no one is ever going to remember where it first came from.

PointyHairedJedi
10-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh good. I was worried for a minute there that we'd gone and invaded Iraq. Don't laugh - it could happen. I mean, if it can invade my head, why not Iraq?

mudshark
10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh good. I was worried for a minute there that we'd gone and invaded Iraq. Don't laugh - it could happen.
I think Zuke was working on it. Probably.

Zeke
10-17-2007, 01:36 AM

I have no idea how to react to this.

Not only has the phrase reached Iraq, it's all over the place. Run a Google search and this site is nowhere near the first page. It's 5M.net's greatest coup ever.

And it's from a GODDAMN KIRA FIVER.

I should have seen this coming, you know. Her name is an anagram for "Irak."

PointyHairedJedi
10-17-2007, 01:38 PM
What a pity you can't get royalties from a meme.

NAHTMMM
10-18-2007, 01:19 AM
What a pity you can't get royalties from a meme.
You can't? (http://www.chasingthefrog.com/imetmother-t-shirts.php)

PointyHairedJedi
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
It was in a TV show? Well well. Well well well. Who predates who, I wonder? And is the show any good? And how many wombats would it take to write an episode of the extraordinary talking-type wireless Goon Show?

(And now, I must resist the urge to start thinking of Nate as Bluebottle. I must really really resist, no matter how well it fits. Gyah.)

mudshark
10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
It was in a TV show? Well well. Well well well. Who predates who, I wonder? And is the show any good?
The show is running currently, I believe, so it probably isn't them. Whether it's any good is almost certainly a matter of opinion. (No, I haven't seen it, but some folks seem to like it.)
And how many wombats would it take to write an episode of the extraordinary talking-type wireless Goon Show?
A fish, naturally.
(And now, I must resist the urge to start thinking of Nate as Bluebottle. I must really really resist, no matter how well it fits. Gyah.)
Come, now -- must you?

Nate the Great
10-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Bluebottle? Huh? Explanation, please?

PointyHairedJedi
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Come, now -- must you?

I suppose, my lurgi-ridden friend, that you have a point. Referring to him in future as a little knobbily-kneed fivist may even inspire him to seek out and listen to the Goons, which is always a good thing. And to be sure it would increase his repertoire of obscure references by at least a factor of two, plus there's the added bonus for the rest of us that we get to dead him nearly every week (Bluebottle, for the uninformed, was the original Kenny, though not quite as originally original as Prometheus).

Ying tong iddle I po.

mudshark
10-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Ying tong iddle I po.
Precisely.

Tate
10-27-2007, 08:37 PM
It was in a TV show? Well well. Well well well. Who predates who, I wonder? And is the show any good?
The fiver came out in February 2005, while the show premiered in September of the same year, so the fiver definitely came first.

I remember seeing an episode of the show and liking it, but I guess I didn't like it enough to ever watch it again.

And there seems to be some doubt (http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/lofiversion/index.php/t3127231-5050.html) as to whether the phrase was ever actually used in the show (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

Nate the Great
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
PHJ: (Bluebottle, for the uninformed, was the original Kenny, though not quite as originally original as Prometheus).

Doesn't help. Take two?

NAHTMMM
10-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Tate. :)

catalina_marina
10-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I seem to remember he did.

PointyHairedJedi
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
PHJ: (Bluebottle, for the uninformed, was the original Kenny, though not quite as originally original as Prometheus).

Doesn't help. Take two?
I'm sure you can find a way to listen to the Goon Show somehow. You must know who Kenny and Prometheus are though.

mudshark
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
You must know who Kenny and Prometheus are though.
I wouldn't be so sure. He can be rather obstinately under-a-rock about some things.

Chancellor Valium
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
If that was the case, all he'd have to do would be to look up.

mudshark
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
True enough, but he doesn't like to.

NAHTMMM
10-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Those neck cricks can be really painful.

PointyHairedJedi
10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
We all have our surprising little pockets of ignorance. I am totally useless with knots, for instance, despite when I was younger being in the Cubs for several years. There aren't any railway tracks to tie damsels to here anyway, so it's just not an issue, but my point remains.