PDA

View Full Version : Block 21 - You all look the same to me

Zeke
02-26-2004, 06:45 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Morpheus's idea to escape inside the walls of the building is working until Cypher coughs, giving their presence away. A battle with Agent Smith ensues; when Smith reaches through the wall and chokes Neo, Morpheus bursts out to save him (as prophesied by the Oracle). The others escape while Morpheus holds off Smith, who of course doesn't yet know that Neo is the greater threat; Morpheus puts up a good fight but is hopelessly outmatched, and Smith's reinforcements arrive to take him down.

One scene, synopsis here (http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/scripture/matrix/24-one-left-behind.txt). This time I'm really going to try to enforce that three-days-then-vote thing, so let's hustle, people.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
02-26-2004, 06:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]By the way, as slow as Fiver By Committee has been lately, the end [i:post_uid0]is[/i:post_uid0] still in sight. We're nearly two thirds of the way through the movie. If we can get this four-day cycle going (three to work, one to vote), we'll collapse the wait to two months or so. Won't it be good to see this thing finally go online?[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
02-26-2004, 07:19 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]SWAT Guy: Come out, come out, whereever you are...
Morpheus: Take this, wallhacker!

(Morpheus takes on Smith. Morpheus loses.)

Agent Smith: I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
SWAT Guy: Permission to beat him into a bloody pulp and wear our fuzzy hats ?
Agent Smith: Yes, make it so.

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't actually like using strong language in fivers, but for this next scene suggestion I can't think of a more euphemistic version.

[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Don't worry, everyone. We'll be safe here in these walls.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] *cough*Bullshit*cough*
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Well, we would if you'd stop [i:post_uid0]coughing[/i:post_uid0]!

or

[b:post_uid0]Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Ha! Found you.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Uh, good job. Now it's your turn to hide and we'll try to find you.
[b:post_uid0]Smith:[/b:post_uid0] It doesn't work like that.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]She grabs his ankle and they begin
almost falling using the lath as a
brake, skidding down the inside of the
wall.[/quote:post_uid0]

Splinters![/color:post_uid0]

Standback
02-26-2004, 11:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Smith: Ha! Found you.
Morpheus: Uh, good job. Now it's your turn to hide and we'll try to find you.
Smith: It doesn't work like that. [/quote:post_uid0]

:lol:[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
02-27-2004, 01:38 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Neo: What's going on here? I thought this house had maybe 4 stories at most, yet I've already counted at least 50 floors whiz past.
Cypher: Speaking of which, Trinity, where did you get those neat-o jetboots?

Smith: Share your pain with me.
Morpheus: That's an odd way to put it, but since you asked... [i:post_uid0]*THWAM*[/i:post_uid0]
Smith: Okay, my turn. [i:post_uid0]*THWAM THWAM THWAM*[/i:post_uid0]
Morpheus: [i:post_uid0]*ACK!*[/i:post_uid0]

And of course there's the obvious James Bond line. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Katy Jane
02-27-2004, 03:58 AM
[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Smith: Share your pain with me.
Morpheus: That's an odd way to put it, but since you asked... [i:post_uid0]*THWAM*[/i:post_uid0]
Smith: Okay, my turn. [i:post_uid0]*THWAM THWAM THWAM*[/i:post_uid0]
Morpheus: [i:post_uid0]*ACK!*[/i:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:lol: :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
02-27-2004, 09:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Morpheus: Tank, we need a tank
Tank: It's waiting for you outside
Morpheus: Gee, that helps

Cypher: I feel like a mouse in these walls
Agent: I feel like a cat. Now come out.
Morpheus: And I feel like a Dog
*breaks through wall on top of Agent*[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]And of course there's the obvious James Bond line.[/quote:post_uid0]

Pheus. Mor Pheus.

Bad pun/classical allusion alert:

Agent(s): Take a nap, Morpheus.

I had an idea for this scene when I last watched the movie, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Neo, are you telling the truth about what the Oracle said?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] If I'm not, may a hand come through this wall and---[i:post_uid0]ACK![/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Hey! Leggo my Neo!

[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Buh?
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Er, I mean--Ah, Morpheus, we meet at last.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Bite me.
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] If necessary. All I know is whoever bags you makes Employee of the Month. Say, can you touch your shoulder blades with your feet?
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] No---[i:post_uid0]AIIEEEEEYAAAA![/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Now you can.[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
02-28-2004, 12:29 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: GEE, THEY'LL NEVER FIND US HERE IN THE WALLS WITH THESE PIPES!
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith[/b:post_uid0]: What a strange definition of "never" you humans have.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus[/b:post_uid0]: OK, you faceless, nameless minion, let's dance.
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith[/b:post_uid0]: Wrong on two counts. I'm Smith; charmed, I'm sure. Now, square dance or polka?
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus[/b:post_uid0]: I'm hurting already...[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
02-28-2004, 01:14 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Agent Smith: (tapping the wall) Shave and a haircut...
Morpheus: ...[i:post_uid0]two biiits[/i:post_uid0]!
Trinity: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
02-28-2004, 04:15 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Buh?
[b:post_uid0]Agent Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Er, I mean--Ah, Morpheus, we meet at last.
[/quote:post_uid0]
Heh heh.
[quote:post_uid0]Agent Smith: (tapping the wall) Shave and a haircut...
Morpheus: ...two biiits!
Trinity: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here!
[/quote:post_uid0]
And heh. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
02-28-2004, 07:32 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Really liked:

Cypher: GEE, THEY'LL NEVER FIND US HERE IN THE WALLS WITH THESE PIPES!
Agent Smith: What a strange definition of "never" you humans have.

Agent Smith: I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
Morpheus: Buh?
Agent Smith: Er, I mean--Ah, Morpheus, we meet at last.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
02-28-2004, 11:52 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Morpheus: We aren't the rebels you're looking for.
Smith: Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-02-2004, 02:41 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay then... do you guys think we're ready for a vote or not?[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-02-2004, 03:37 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*Cypher Coughs*
Swat Guy: Is that a mouse in the walls coughing?
Agent: No, just some rebels escaping.

Neo: Ha, they missed me.
*Neo shoots back through the wall*
Neo: Got 3 of them!
Morpheus: Watch this!
*Morpheus breaks through the wall and yells "Hey Koolaid!"
Neo: Darn, he got 4 of them with that move.
Trinity: That's nothing.
*Trinity glides down the wall causing the tiles to become projectiles*
Trinity: Ha! I got 50 of them
Neo: You beat me, can I have some Koolaid now?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay then... do you guys think we're ready for a vote or not?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]We've certainly got the material to vote on. And I don't really feel any more inspiration coming for this scene.[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-02-2004, 07:09 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hm, NeoMatrix, you gave me an idea there...

[b:post_uid0]Swat Guy A[/b:post_uid0]: Hey, did you hear that? Sounds like a mouse.
[b:post_uid0]Swat Guy B[/b:post_uid0]: Nah. More like a rat.

Zeke
03-03-2004, 03:09 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay, clearly the new scenes have stopped coming, so let's vote.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My vote is oscillating between PHJ's

Morpheus: [i:post_uid0]...two biiits![/i:post_uid0]
Trinity: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here! [/quote:post_uid0]

And Derek's

[quote:post_uid0]Smith: Ha! Found you.
Smith: It doesn't work like that. [/quote:post_uid0]

Depending on which one of them gets more votes from the others.[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-03-2004, 04:17 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm also for
[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Agent Smith[/b:post_uid0]: (tapping the wall) Shave and a haircut...
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus[/b:post_uid0]: [i:post_uid0]...twooo biiiiits![/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here![/quote:post_uid0]

Though here I've tweaked Morpheus's line so as to fit better with the source material. ;) -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I still really like this phrase thing:

Cypher: GEE, THEY'LL NEVER FIND US HERE IN THE WALLS WITH THESE PIPES!
Agent Smith: What a strange definition of "never" you humans have.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-03-2004, 08:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quote:post_uid0]And of course there's the obvious James Bond line.[/quote:post_uid0]

Pheus. Â Mor Pheus.[/quote:post_uid0]
Actually, I was thinking of "Smith. Agent Smith." But whatever. ;)

I vote for Scooter's

[quote:post_uid0]Agent Smith: I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
Agent Smith: Er, I mean--Ah, Morpheus, we meet at last.
Morpheus: Bite me.
Agent Smith: If necessary. All I know is whoever bags you makes Employee of the Month. Say, can you touch your shoulder blades with your feet?
Morpheus: No---AIIEEEEEYAAAA!
Agent Smith: Now you can.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

JobeGDG
03-03-2004, 08:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My vote goes to Derek's second shot:

[quote:post_uid0="Derek"][b:post_uid0]Smith:[/b:post_uid0] Ha! Found you.
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus:[/b:post_uid0] Uh, good job. Now it's your turn to hide and we'll try to find you.
[b:post_uid0]Smith:[/b:post_uid0] It doesn't work like that.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-03-2004, 09:13 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hm, me too. Derek for me.

taya17
03-04-2004, 03:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Agent Smith: I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
Agent Smith: Er, I mean--Ah, Morpheus, we meet at last.[/quote:post_uid0]

I actually liked this bit quite a bit.

GAH![/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
03-04-2004, 04:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]alright, this is my vote:
Agent Smith: If necessary. All I know is whoever bags you makes Employee of the Month. Say, can you touch your shoulder blades with your feet?
Agent Smith: Now you can.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-04-2004, 09:12 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't know... do we need a block this long when the fiver is already looking more like a "tenner"? -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-05-2004, 11:28 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Pteryx"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't know... do we need a block this long when the fiver is already looking more like a "tenner"? Â -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]If we want a shorter version, perhaps this would suffice.

Agent Smith: I will never allow you to marry my daughter.
Agent Smith: If necessary.

But there's essentially three things happening in this block: Cypher betrays the team, Morpheus meets Smith, and Morpheus is beaten up. I think the first two need to be covered; the third is less impotrant since we see Morpheus in custody later.

There were good submissions for both the first and the second element. Maybe a combo ...[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
03-06-2004, 05:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]like your take on things, scooter. Id go with either yours or the original as, if we're doing a block for each scene, there's bound to be a lot of them, so I don't, personally, mind too much if there's a tenner.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-09-2004, 05:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My vote goes to....

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Agent Smith[/b:post_uid0]: (tapping the wall) Shave and a haircut...
[b:post_uid0]Morpheus[/b:post_uid0]: [i:post_uid0]...twooo biiiiits![/i:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here![/quote:post_uid0]

Can we please end this and move on :)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-12-2004, 11:58 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Since this still seems to be open (inexplicably), I'm going to place my very late vote for Derek's second block (the 'hide and seek' one).[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-12-2004, 04:42 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Seconded.[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-13-2004, 10:06 PM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Agent Smith: (tapping the wall) Shave and a haircut...
Morpheus: ...[i:post_uid0]two biiits[/i:post_uid0]!
Trinity: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here![/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'll vote for this one, since there's another one I can't vote for. :)

BTW I'm titling my next SF short story "Three Days in the Land of Soon."[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-14-2004, 06:20 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][[b:post_uid0]Warning:[/b:post_uid0] This post turned out to be based on a misinterpretation on my part. I apologize for the overreaction.]

[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"]Since this still seems to be open (inexplicably)[/quote:post_uid0]
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you weren't actually trying to spit in my face. Â But in case I'm wrong, let me make something clear.

No matter how often I'm griped at and blamed, [i:post_uid0]it is not up to me how long the FBC threads go[/i:post_uid0].

This is your fiver. Â I don't impose my preferences; I don't step in and play God. Â I don't usually even vote, despite the fact that this fiver will ultimately appear on my site. Â And when I don't see a clear winner, I let you continue until there is one. Â That means when people stop suggesting new scenes. Â That means when people stop debating how many scenes there should even be. Â That means, in short, not the condition this thread is currently in.

I came up with this three-days-then-vote idea because I was sick of being complained at, and because I agree that the faster we move through this thing, the better. Â I proposed that we debate scenes for three days and vote on the fourth. Â But that's as far as I can go -- proposing it. Â And you guys [i:post_uid0]aren't doing it![/i:post_uid0] Â I've tried to nudge this thread along, but you're no closer to a clear voting situation now than you were in February. Â If everyone would make a point of coming back and voting on the fourth day after a FBC thread is posted, we'd have enough votes to really judge what's most popular.

But no, it's my fault this block isn't done yet. Â It's [i:post_uid0]inexplicable[/i:post_uid0] that I haven't stormed in, decided what everyone wanted, and closed it.

I'm sorry to rant, Jedi, but I'm as frustrated about FBC as you are, and more, because everyone just chalks it up to my slowness. Â I put a [i:post_uid0]lot[/i:post_uid0] of work into this site. Â When I miss deadlines, it's not for lack of trying. Â I can deal with the flack for missing fiver deadlines, because at least I've earned that (although the reason is rarely as simple as "I just put it off"). Â But the last thing I need is to be hassled about FBC, where I'm not putting [i:post_uid0]anything[/i:post_uid0] off -- I'm waiting for you.[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-14-2004, 06:46 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Zeke, I could be wrong, but I think PHJ was just expressing a little frustration at our collective irresolution for this block.

We all know the tremendous amount of work you put into this site, and if our gratitude probably expresses itself too often in the form of good-natured teasing, that's in the nature of sardonic web forums. (And I admit I practice this myself, as indicated in my last post, though again I was aiming not at Zeke but at the lack of verve among my worthy and clever colleagues.) But I don't think anyone has lost sight of the fact that this tremendously entertaining site owes its existence primarily to the hard work you put into it just for your own satisfaction and that of the fans. I'll be the first to say "Thanks."

Let's keep having fun with this FBC. Let's laugh at the submissions, post any last-minute ideas for new or alternate ones and vote today, and let's see what the next block is! Sound good, guys? I for one will come back tonight and help everyone wrap this block up.

I think this Matrix Fiver is a great thing. I was impressed as hell by the completed blocks; it's like a well-crafted fiver by one of our best writers because it reflects a diversity of bright ideas no one writer would have thought of. I can't wait to see the finished product and know I had a hand in it.

And Zeke, I am emailing you a cookie. And I'll share my cookies with the rest of you if we can get this block locked up. :)

/* Edited for late-night clarity */[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-14-2004, 02:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think I'm one of the most frequent complainers about the "faster-than-a-speeding-tub-of-molasses" rate of FBC, but it's crystal clear that the problem is group indeciseveness, just taking a whole long time to say that, yes, this is our final answer. That's obviously a side effect of having a dozen or so people collaberating on individual paragraphs, and quite obviously our problem and not yours. While I've made some suggestions on how the FBC could be moderated to prompt, um, maximal efficiency on our side, I don't think I've ever "chalked it up to your slowness." I don't really remember anybody else saying anything of the sort either. Evidently, though, the impression has been created, and so again, I apoligize. As Scooter says, I don't think anybody doubts the appreciation of all the forum regulars for all the work you do and the wonderful site you've created for us.

And on a more practical note - here are the votes so far.

Morpheus: ...two biiits!
Trinity: Dammit, he falls for that every time. Let's get out of here![/quote:post_uid0]
3 votes (Pteryx, Neo, Scooter)

[quote:post_uid0]Smith: Ha! Found you.
Smith: It doesn't work like that.[/quote:post_uid0]
5 votes (JobeGDG, Gatac, PHJ, Sa'ar, Standback)

Agent Smith: Now you can.[/quote:post_uid0]
2.5 votes (NAHT, dsbs). Possible shortened version. Taya17 has also said she likes this one, but was unclear on whether or not she was voting (and has not voted for any other block).[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hm, looks pretty clear to me...

PointyHairedJedi
03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Really, Zeke, my comment wasn't aimed at you (or indeed anybody) and was certainly not in any way intended to provoke the reaction that it regrettably did. What scooter said -

[quote:post_uid0]Zeke, I could be wrong, but I think PHJ was just expressing a little frustration at our collective irresolution for this block. [/quote:post_uid0]

- pretty much sums up why I wrote what I did. Specifically I sais it because (if you look at the dates) my post was three days after the last one, and I had assumed (perhaps foolishly) that the lack of activity meant that people had finished voting and were now ready to move onto the next block. I was under the impression from previous posts that you had made that you [i:post_uid0]were[/i:post_uid0] going to be stricter in enforcing the 'three-days-then-vote' structure for the FBC, but obviosuly I misinterpreted that rather badly, and for that I appologise.

[quote:post_uid0]I'm sorry to rant, Jedi, but I'm as frustrated about FBC as you are, and more, because everyone just chalks it up to my slowness.[/quote:post_uid0]

*[i:post_uid0]Scratches head[/i:post_uid0]*

Zeke, as for as I can recall, the only time anyone has said you were slow in regard to FBC is when the majority [i:post_uid0]have[/i:post_uid0] come to a concensus but there has been a delay in the new block being put up, for which there is always a reasonable explanation. I don't think anyone has ever said that you are directly responsible for the general slowness of this process - in fact you've done more than anyone to try and speed it up. Â No-one here is even remotely that stupid or illogical to suggest such a thing.

[quote:post_uid0]I put a [i:post_uid0]lot[/i:post_uid0] of work into this site. Â When I miss deadlines, it's not for lack of trying. [/quote:post_uid0]

And there isn't a person here that doesn't already know this. There's no need to go on the defensive because there is nothing to defend. Real Life is incredibly pesky at times, but there's not a damn thing you cna do about it (short of constructing a BTL machine).

[quote:post_uid0]I can deal with the flack for missing fiver deadlines, because at least I've earned that (although the reason is rarely as simple as "I just put it off").[/quote:post_uid0]

Again, we know. Plus, if you [i:post_uid0]were[/i:post_uid0] to speed up with prcessing the fiver submissions, we'd have to come up with new titles for you and Kira, and frankly that just doesn't bear thinking about.

So, apologies again for the misunderstandings. And remember, we all respect and appreciate what you've done with 5MV (no, really we do :D) and what you continue to do with it.[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-14-2004, 10:07 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yay, harmony and clarity and cookies.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-14-2004, 10:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0](sigh) I'm really sorry, PHJ. I completely misinterpreted you. And apparently I've been misinterpreting the complaints about FBC's slowness for some time. I guess it's another function of my ego -- whether pro or anti, everything has to be about me.

Thanks for setting me straight, everybody. And I appreciate the reassurance about my work being noticed (but please don't think I was fishing for compliments).[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-14-2004, 10:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ah, but fishing for compliments is far easier to archieve with a different bait: Enterprise fivers! :)

Yeah, I know, I tease. Anyway, I believe we're about done here.

Standback
03-15-2004, 08:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0](Rule of Thumb: This forum seems populated and frequented by numerous extremely nice, intelligent, rational (though not necessarily entirely sane) and appreciative folk. If anybody says anything which in can, in any way, be interpreted to be in any way offensive - it's generally safe to assume they're kidding.

Also, evewybody wuvs Zeke, whether he asks or not. :D )[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-15-2004, 07:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ah, the vagaries of the English language. Dontacha just love it?

[quote:post_uid0](but please don't think I was fishing for compliments).[/quote:post_uid0]

Not like some of the posters here then. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-15-2004, 09:45 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Anyway, it does look like we finally have a winner. Â (Thanks for the counts, Standback.) Â So I'll close this block and start the next when I get home. [Edit: On some day.][/color:post_uid0]