PDA

View Full Version : Block 22 - There'd have to be some kind of miracle

Zeke
03-17-2004, 07:00 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Cypher, who arranged to get separated from the others, calls Tank for an exit. Â Tank directs him to one, then sends the others to the same one when they call. Â He pulls Cypher out, and starts the phone ringing to bring out the others -- but the phone goes silent as soon as Neo picks it up. Â Cypher has blasted Tank and Dozer with an electric rifle, the latter fatally. Â Trinity calls the Operator on her cell phone and gets Cypher, who begins to rant about (1) how he used to love her, (2) what a jerk Morpheus is, and (3) how he believes the Matrix is now a better choice than the real world, and can be just as real. Â With that lead-in, he starts killing the rest of the team: first Apoc, then Switch. Â Contemplating Neo, he asks Trinity if she really believes Morpheus' "bullshit." Â She says yes, he protests, and at that point Tank blasts the crap out of Cypher with his own weapon. Â Back in control, he pulls the two surviving team members out.

I'm really not sure how many scenes we need here. Â It's a critical part of the movie, and one of my favourites (Cypher was a backstabbing bastard, but I think there's some merit in his argument about the Matrix). Â I'll let you guys figure out the right length as you go. Â Synopsis is here (http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/scripture/matrix/25-heroes-unplugged.txt) and here (http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/scripture/matrix/26-cyphers-burnout.txt).

As for time limits and such, that system so far isn't working, so I'm not going to try anything formal this block. Â However, I've noticed you guys seem to post a lot in the first two days and then drop off. Â Here's my suggestion: after the first two days, if you don't have any more ideas of your own, why not comment on others' scenes or suggest tweaks to them? Â That would keep things active longer, I think.[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-17-2004, 09:24 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] There's no place like home, there's no place like home...
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Gotcha, Dorothy. Toto and the gang's heading for ya, too.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Drat! Er, I mean, good to hear that they got away.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Oh, stop it with the double-takes, you're killing me.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Truer words have not been spoken.

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Pseudo-GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Dozer:[/b:post_uid0] GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Switch:[/b:post_uid0] GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Apoc:[/b:post_uid0] GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] No! It cannot be! I...I killed you! I sucked you dry and threw away your empty carcass!
[b:post_uid0]Kool-Aid Man:[/b:post_uid0] Oh yeah?
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Stuff it, John Mirra. And get back to your screens.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] But mirrors are more fun than television!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] That may very well be, but I'd like to remind you to EAT FLAMING DEATH, FLEMOID!
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Got me there. GAK!

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-18-2004, 04:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Cypher: Beam me back
Tank: You been beemed
Cypher: Now im beaming you
Tank: GAK! (aside)Ouch!
Dozer: GAK!

Cypher: Neo is next, so say good bye to him now.
Trinity: No, Ill wait for the 3rd movie
Cypher: So you are saying some kind of miracle is going to stop me from pulling this plug right now in the 1st movie?
Trinity: Yes, and always to make sure you killed the person you were trying to kill.
Cypher: Uh oh...GAK!
Tank: The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Love this:
[quote:post_uid0]Tank: The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0]
And this:
[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Pseudo-GAK!
Switch: GAK!
Apoc: GAK!
Neo: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.[/quote:post_uid0]
It'd be funnier if Tank wasn't first; though I guess we probably don't want to change that. Maybe just switch Tank and Dozer? (GAK, Pseudo-GAK, GAK, GAK)...[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Alright, borrowing from other people and incorporating some of my own stuff. (Note that the second scene ends with Cypher, [i:post_uid0]not Neo[/i:post_uid0].)

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] I escaped from the Agents! Maybe [i:post_uid0]I'm[/i:post_uid0] the One.
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] (over the phone) You think you're the One? Ha ha, stop it, you're killing me.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Not yet, but I will be soon.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Mwahaha! Nothing can stop me now, I'm invincible! Don't you wish you were on my side now, Trinity?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] Not after the way you just jinxed yourself.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] What do you mean? It's not like Tank survived, grabbed the gun, and -- GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Heh. The fake GAK gets them every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Perhaps I should try that sometime.[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-18-2004, 05:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think we've got some of it pretty well figured out already. :) I like what Derek did with people's ideas for the second and third blocks. Now to figure out my own take on the first...

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Tank, get me out of here! The others'll catch up!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Sure thing! After all, you're on our side, right?[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-18-2004, 05:09 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Some good stuff so far :D

[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Thanks for being so kind as to pull me out of there. Now I'll kill you for it.
Tank: Erm, "GAK!"
Mouse: I am [i:post_uid0]so[/i:post_uid0] glad I'm not in this scene.

Cypher: It's gonna take a miracle to save you now, Neo!
Neo: I have just four words for you, Cypher: "I'm in the sequels".
Tank: And I've got two words for you--Die, sucka!
Cypher: One word: GAK![/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: I know what you're thinking, "Am I really the One?" I wasn't sure, but since Morpheus said you are then I know you aren't. The question you gotta ask yourself is: do you feel lucky, punk?[/quote:post_uid0]

(Edit) Just remembered...

[quote:post_uid0](Note that the second scene ends with Cypher, not Neo.)[/quote:post_uid0]
Whether or not that was a typo, I thought it worked with Neo too. Everybody's dying, Trinity's yelling at Cypher, Cypher is ranting about how disillusioned he is, and Neo still isn't entirely sure that this isn't all part of the routine... :smile:[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-18-2004, 11:14 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Random thoughts. Damn, I'm tired.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Tank, gimme an exit quick, so I can kill everybody before you can stop me!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Cypher, did you just say--
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Allow me to rephrase that...

(preferably after the multiple GAK-block)
[b:post_uid0]Trinity:[/b:post_uid0] Dammit, Cypher, why are you doing this to us?
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] The poster's only wide enough for three characters.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Now Neo can't be the One, can he? Because I'm about to kill him, right, Trinity? And you can't do a thing--GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Sheesh. It's number 7 on the Evil Overlord List.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-18-2004, 11:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I might try and come up with something tomorrow, but I think Derek has pretty much nailed it with his composite block.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-19-2004, 08:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tank: You got the wrong phone plan.
Cypher: GAK!

Tank: Got minutes?

Tank: Seems like you are out of minutes.
Cypher: Yep GAK!

Tank: Pop Quiz. You know what happens to the bad guy after they give long speaches?
Cypher: They die?
Tank: Correct!
Cypher: Yay! GAK!

Tank: You missed me.
Cypher: But you aren't in the sequels.
Tank: You aren't either.
Cypher: Oh, you're right. GAK!
Tank: Trinity, why am I not in the sequels?
Trinity: Ask Morpheus.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-19-2004, 02:41 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Wheee, hijack time!
Tank: ACK!
Cypher: Hey Trinity, Morpheus stinks. And I used to maybe think that I kinda sorta possibly liked you, but when I found out you loathe [i:post_uid0]American Idol[/i:post_uid0]...[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: This rebellion will die, Neo, as will your friends.
Apoc and Switch: GAK!
Cypher: And now, my young Anderson...you will die.
Tank: *ZAP*
Cypher: GAK![/quote:post_uid0]

Oh, NeoMatrix's stuff gives me an idea...

[quote:post_uid0]Apoc and Switch: GAK!
Cypher: Your call has been disconnected. Please hang up and try again. ...Heheh, I always wanted to say that.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-20-2004, 02:34 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun?

Trinity: Tank, are you there? Are you screening your calls? It's Trinity.
Cypher: The Operator you are trying to reach has been disconnected.
Trinity: Cypher? What are you doing?
Cypher: Look, can you honestly say that you're better off with this dead-eyed airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Trinity: Compared to you, I'd be better off with a famished cannibal.
Tank: Hey, Cypher! Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. GAK![/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-20-2004, 03:38 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Scooter's got another good idea here, though his second block could stand to be shortened:

[quote:post_uid0]
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hey Trinibabe, can you honestly say that you're better off with this dead-eyed airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: Compared to you, I'd be better off with a famished cannibal.
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Hey, Cypher! Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. GAK![/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-20-2004, 05:46 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Pteryx"]Scooter's got another good idea here, though his second block could stand to be shortened:[/quote:post_uid0]
Well, Pteryx has a point, my original submission could be tightened. Redux:

[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Can you say it without the gun?

[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: Compared to you, I'd be better off with a famished cannibal.
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Hey, Cypher! Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. GAK!

Though I did like the "disconnected" line. :)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-20-2004, 08:23 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Cypher: You have no clue what they've promised me, Trinity. I'll have a great life as a rich and famous movie star, I'll never be hungry or cold again, I won't remember a moment of the misery I've been going through, I'll never have to pay long-distance charges again...
Trinity: Who's "they"? The Agents?
Cypher: Them and the 10-10-220 people. They're still mad at Neo for hacking them. Which reminds me...[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-20-2004, 11:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Cypher: Hmmm, no GAK!

Cypher: If Neo is the One, then there has to be some kind of a miracle that stops me.
Trinity: One miracle coming up!
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. GAK![/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-21-2004, 12:41 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Another composite for consideration:

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Heh. The fake GAK gets them every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo[/b:post_uid0]: Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-21-2004, 04:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hmmm... not without coolness...[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-23-2004, 03:53 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]So! Are we ready to start voting?[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-23-2004, 04:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think it's important to include Cypher's serial murder of the minor characters. May I humbly suggest that whatever line you pick for Cypher be interspersed as follows?

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Hey Trinity, are you really -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- better off with this airhead, saving our -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?

(Also, this scene needs an "over the phone" stage direction on one side or the other.)[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? GA!K!

Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- better off with this airhead, saving our -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Trinity: *over the phone* Sorry, couldn't hear you from all the interuptions.
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. GAK!
Tank: Heh. The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: *over the phone*Maybe I should try that sometime.

Trinity: Hello? Anyone there?
Operator: The person who were trying to call has been disconected. Please deposit 25 cents and try again.
Trinity: Crap, no pockets.
*Phone Rings*
Neo: Saved by the bell[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-23-2004, 07:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]wow, this one really is "by committee"[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel
03-23-2004, 09:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like it, but these lines should stay:

[quote:post_uid0]Tank: Heh. The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-23-2004, 10:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like Zeke's suggestion, but maybe we could break it up into seperate lines.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hey Trinity, are you really -- *[i:post_uid0]YANK![/i:post_uid0]*
[b:post_uid0]Apoc[/b:post_uid0]: GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: -- better off with this airhead, saving our -- *[i:post_uid0]YANK![/i:post_uid0]*
[b:post_uid0]Switch[/b:post_uid0]: GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: -- crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?

Hmm... a bit too long maybe.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-23-2004, 11:11 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Probably why it wasn't broken up. ;)

If you want to get them in, you could try something like

Cypher: *ZAP!*--Hey Trinity, are you really --*YANK!*--better off with this airhead (etc)
Dozer, Apoc, and Switch: GAK![/color:post_uid0]

Derek
03-24-2004, 02:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Honestly, I like Gatac's GAK, Psuedo-GAK, GAK, GAK scene. I think it would be slightly better to have my version with Cypher saying "Something isn't right here" rather than Neo, but either way it's a good joke.[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
03-24-2004, 02:38 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]First off, I love
[quote:post_uid0]Tank: The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0]

but I think it would read better if the second line were:
[quote:post_uid0]Neo: Perhaps I should try that.[/quote:post_uid0]
only because time used so many times sounds a bit off. I'm being incredibly stupidly picky, I'm sure, but I just think it would make it perfect (I REALLY love that line)

Also
[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: It's gonna take a miracle to save you now, Neo!
Neo: I have just four words for you, Cypher: "I'm in the sequels".
Tank: And I've got two words for you--Die, sucka!
Cypher: One word: GAK!
[/quote:post_uid0]
is good

so I guess without adding/subtracting anything else, I would suggest:
[quote:post_uid0]
Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."

Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Tank: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
Tank: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that.
[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-24-2004, 10:39 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I second that, Derek - Gatac's multi-GAK one was really great, and by far my favorite of the proferred suggestions.

IMHO, the Cypher-spooking-out should be centered in the third block, with him talking to Trinity.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher (over the phone):[/b:post_uid0] Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] [i:post_uid0](sigh)[/i:post_uid0] I get that one a lot, too.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher (over the phone):[/b:post_uid0] Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank (over the gun):[/b:post_uid0] Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Maybe I should try that sometime.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
03-24-2004, 01:02 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I like that block, Standback. Especially Tank's (over the gun) direction.

Just to clarify stage direction though. It goes outside the colon and its only used once per person per scene, so it would be:
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] (sigh) I get that one a lot, too.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] Maybe I should try that sometime.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-24-2004, 01:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]::airily:: Mere technicalities, my dear friend.

Ahem.

In this particular case, I'd fudge and keep the "(over the phone) twice, because otherwise the "(over the gun)" direction doesn't work as well. Rule of three - to know it is to love it.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-24-2004, 01:47 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ooo, I really like this one. :) And yes, keep both cases of "(over the phone)".[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-24-2004, 05:05 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]There's also a shorter, cleaner, subtler way to refer to all those murders -- change Trinity's comeback. Â Thus:

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: (over the phone) Sorry, but traitorous serial murderers turn me off.
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo[/b:post_uid0]: (over the phone) Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0]

Note also that the fake GAK joke doesn't work if the previous block lacks a fake GAK, as some of the more recently suggested ones do. Â -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-24-2004, 05:20 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hrm... come to think of it, if the previous isn't enough, there's also the option of doing this to the first block:

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
[b:post_uid0]Dozer, Apoc, and Switch[/b:post_uid0]: GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Can you say it without the gun? Â "GAK!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Standback
03-25-2004, 10:24 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]This just occurred to me... I don't like it as much as the other suggestions, but it's funny enough to share:

[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Take THAT, you murdering bastard!
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Wha-- Not dead? But you're not in the seque-GAK![/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I dunno... I still prefer Derek's suggestion.[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-27-2004, 12:28 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm also with Derek, and not just because it happens to have one of my blocks :)

Standback
03-27-2004, 10:09 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think we can start consolidating votes here. I vote in favor of Gatac's:

[quote:post_uid0]Dozer: GAK!
Tank: Pseudo-GAK!
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.[/quote:post_uid0]

No vote from me yet for either the preceding block (Cypher getting aboard - they were all pretty good) or Cypher's death (because I like my own).[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
03-28-2004, 04:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]While I do find Gatac's block amusing, let's not forget the shortness criterion. (...says Pteryx, as she starts fiving something so long that it'll inevitibly be more of a "fifteener".) -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-28-2004, 07:13 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My vote goes to...

Tank: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"

Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Neo: Maybe I should try that.

The Cypher line would be good with or without the GAK!s[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
03-28-2004, 10:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'd go with neomatrix's block (the one just before this post)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I vote for Derek's block, only with two cases of "(over the phone)". Omitting the second case is also acceptable. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

AKAArzosah
04-06-2004, 04:48 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I mainly just want to get this thing moving again, But I vote for NeoMatrix's.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tally so far:

Block 1 (Scooter):[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"

Tank: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
Tank: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that.[/quote:post_uid0]
3 votes.

Block 2 (Gatac):[quote:post_uid0]Dozer: GAK!
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.[/quote:post_uid0]
1 vote.

Block 3 (Standback):[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Neo: (sigh) I get that one a lot, too.
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
Tank: (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime. [/quote:post_uid0]
1 vote.

Note that block 1 probably requires another middle block to cover Cypher killing everybody, block 2 has *only* Cypher killing everybody, and block 3 is *only* the bit after Cypher's killed everybody.

c'mon, people - either post new blocks or vote! ::prod, prod::[/color:post_uid0]

Pteryx
04-07-2004, 07:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Not a new suggestion per se, but a consolidation of my own suggestion of how to tweak Scooter's version of the block:

[b:post_uid0]Dozer, Apoc, and Switch[/b:post_uid0]: GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Can you say it without the gun? Â "GAK!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[b:post_uid0]Trinity[/b:post_uid0]: (over the phone) Sorry, but traitorous serial murderers turn me off.
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
[b:post_uid0]Cypher[/b:post_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank[/b:post_uid0]: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
[b:post_uid0]Neo[/b:post_uid0]: (over the phone) Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0]

Technically, the "I can't put my finger on it" line is losable, if you want to shorten this. -- Pteryx[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Er, Standback, not to doubt your supreme powers of vote counting, but I believe we have three votes for Derek's composite block, which includes my multiple-GAK joke.

(NAHTMMM, PHJ and me, I believe.)

Standback
04-07-2004, 02:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ah. I counted only from "let's start voting" and onwards - anything before that I don't know whether to take as an "I like" or an "I vote". That's why I didn't count you and PHJ.

NAHT's vote was for "Derek's block, only with two cases of "(over the phone)". " I understood this to be a reference to what I've labelled "Block 3 (Standback)" above, because that's the one with the "(over the phone)" directions. This is an entirely different block than the one I think you're voting for. NAHT, if I misunderstood, please set me straight.

So this seems to be another vote from Gatac towards the entirety of:
[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: I escaped from the Agents! Maybe I'm the One.
Tank: (over the phone) You think you're the One? Ha ha, stop it, you're killing me.
Cypher: Not yet, but I will be soon.

Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Cypher: Mwahaha! Nothing can stop me now, I'm invincible! Don't you wish you were on my side now, Trinity?
Trinity: Not after the way you just jinxed yourself.
Cypher: What do you mean? It's not like Tank survived, grabbed the gun, and -- GAK!
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime. [/quote:post_uid0]

And I'm not certain which of Derek's PHJ favors, or whether or not he was voting.

All clear now? :D[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
04-07-2004, 05:03 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Not to complicate things, but I had a thought about following up on one of our running jokes... before the fake GAK line, Tank could say "Tank 1, Cypher 0."[/color:post_uid0]

JobeGDG
04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]But wouldn't Cypher have 3?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
04-07-2004, 07:42 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]If Tank were saying "Cypher 0, Everyone else 1", you would be correct. :) But that would mean Tank would lose anyway, so he's not counting the other people as being on part of his "team". He's tricky like that. ;)

And Standback, you guessed correctly. Although I could see voting for the block Gatac likes as well. :) But my vote does indeed go to Block #3.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
04-08-2004, 04:41 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ow. Now my head hurts. I'm going to have to read through the whole thing again.[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
04-17-2004, 06:18 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]All right, people, this block is in serious need of people actually paying attention to it. Both final votes and new block proposals are fine, methinks, but leaving the block untouched for three weeks tends to create a kind of slowdown.[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel
04-17-2004, 07:36 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Alright, I like this combination. I added a joke of my own.

[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? !GAK

Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-
Tank: (over the gun) See, you were looking at my hands, when you should have been looking at my eyes.
Tank: Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quote:post_uid0]

Hm... Now that I think about it. Perhaps the 'looking at my hands' joke would be better for a fight-scene. The above combination also works without it.[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
04-17-2004, 08:06 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Alright, I like this combination. I added a joke of my own.

[quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? !GAK

Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-
Tank: (over the gun) See, you were looking at my hands, when you should have been looking at my eyes.

Hm... Now that I think about it. Perhaps the 'looking at my hands' joke would be better for a fight-scene. The above combination also works without it.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I would vote for this one, but I wrote half of it...can I give it half a vote? :)[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
04-18-2004, 04:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Lets end this please :)[/color:post_uid0]

James Flare
04-26-2004, 12:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*ring ring*

Neo: huh?... oh. It must be that hidden phone in the mysterious mail.
Morpheous: Just shut up and listen. Here's the lowdown. Guys in black sutes, bad. Out the window you go.
Neo: why?
Morpheous: If you do it I'll give you a cookie.
Neo: Yay! Ok... YIKES... this is scary. Help!
Morpheous: Geez what a wus. You might as well just give yourself up to the agents.
Neo: Ok
Morpheous: NO WAIT!.... crap.

Agent: Ah, Mr. Flanderson
Neo: Anderson
Agent: woops...[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
[quote:post_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Lets end this please :)[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree. Can we get a vote count?[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
04-26-2004, 10:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ack. This one's really really ugly, count-wise. I've showing half-votes for blocks and full votes for half-blocks. Here's what I've got. If I've missed anyone, slap me with a space-station or something.

[b:post_uid0]Intro Cypher Scene:[/b:post_uid0]

Block 1 (Scooter):[quote:post_uid0]
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"[/quote:post_uid0]
4 votes: Michiel, Neo, dsbs, Arzosah

Block 1b (Derek): [quote:post_uid0]Cypher: I escaped from the Agents! Maybe I'm the One.
Tank: (over the phone) You think you're the One? Ha ha, stop it, you're killing me.
Cypher: Not yet, but I will be soon.[/quote:post_uid0]
1 vote: Gatac

[b:post_uid0]Cypher Killing Everybody Scene (optional as stand-alone)[/b:post_uid0]
Block 2 (Gatac):[quote:post_uid0]
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it. [/quote:post_uid0]
2 votes: Standback, Gatac

[b:post_uid0]Trinity/Cypher/Tank Finale:[/b:post_uid0]

Block 3a (Derek): [quote:post_uid0]
Cypher: Mwahaha! Nothing can stop me now, I'm invincible! Don't you wish you were on my side now, Trinity?
Trinity: Not after the way you just jinxed yourself.
Cypher: What do you mean? It's not like Tank survived, grabbed the gun, and -- GAK!
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime. [/quote:post_uid0]
1 vote: Gatac

Block 3b (Standback): [quote:post_uid0]
Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
Tank: (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime. [/quote:post_uid0]
1 vote: NAHT.

Block 3c: (Michiel variation) [quote:post_uid0]Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
2 votes: Michiel, Scooter

Block 3d (Scooter): [quote:post_uid0]Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Neo: Maybe I should try that. [/quote:post_uid0]
3 votes: Neo, dsbs, Arsozah

Whew. This is complex and convoluted enough, and most of the block variations are similar enough, that maybe it'd be best if Zeke just puts together a composite block and runs it by for final tweaks?[/color:post_uid0]

Standback
04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Actually, maybe it's not [i:post_uid0]that[/i:post_uid0] convoluted. 1a + 3d actually do have a majority, though it's a slim one, and either the multi-GAKs or the YANKs can be inserted to complete the scene.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
04-27-2004, 10:39 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hmm... I like the "over the gun" of 3b, but I'd also go for 3d. All these scenes are so alike, it's getting hard to choose. I think 1a and 1b are both good, but of course, 1a and 3d are meant to go together. Since we have the most votes for these two anyway, what do you say we take them?

EDIT: Oh, and of course, block 2 in between. We need it for the "fake GAK" to make sense. At least, I think we do...[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
04-27-2004, 10:48 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, I second that. My original votes stand, but 1a and 3d is good enough for me.

PointyHairedJedi
04-27-2004, 11:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm completely confused, so yeah, I'm with what everyone else says.[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hm.. To make it even more complicated, 3b and 3c are almost the same, with the (over the gun) joke and the "Trin," starting line. Together they have 3 votes as well. :)

I suppose you could choose between block 2 standalone and the --Yank-- joke. Block 2 doesn't work together with block 1a, because Tank would die twice. Block 1a doesn't involve killing Apoc and Switch.

And I placed a subtle variation in block 1a's GAK. It's "!GAK" with the exclamation in front, which means invertion in most programming languages.

--------------
Michiel (still not able to post)[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, it's clear that 1a as written doesn't work too well with my 2. If you remove Tank's "GAK!", it should be reasonably well, so I don't think that's really a sticking point. (Referred to as 1aMod below.)

The difference between 3b and 3c is pretty much the inclusion of the deaths. Lesse...

We're pretty clear that it's gonna be 1a. This gives us, as possibilities:

1aMod - 2 - 3b OR 3d
1a - 3c OR 3d

3d doesn't work too well with the second constellation, since we're completely leaving out the deaths. I suppose it's doable, since damn near anyone has seen Matrix and knows what happens, but it bugs me, especially since there really hasn't been a fake GAK! from Tank, which makes his line a bit shaky. So if we cut 3d from the second one, we get...

1aMod - 2 - 3b OR 3d
1a - 3c

Also, the pure 3b seems to have only received NAHTMMMs vote...as well as 1b only got mine. If we cut those two (and I'm going to count NAHTMMM with 3c for the sake of the argument), we get:

1aMod - 2 - 3d
1a - 3c

I'm counting Neo, dsbs, Arsozah, and possibly catalina and PHJ for 3d, with myself and Standback additionally in favor of this combination due to the inclusion of Block 2. Michiel, Scooter and NAHTMMM are in favor of 3c.

Please interrupt me if I'm drawing false conclusions or not counting your vote correctly, but I do believe that this leaves the majority with 3d, with the debateable inclusion of 2. I also suppose that if we don't want 2, we can splice the YANK!-ing from 3c into 3d, which I believe would make everyone happy.

Hit?

Michiel
04-28-2004, 01:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Personally, I don't like 2, because it's not how it happened in the movie. Apoc and Switch died during the conversation, which is why I like Zeke's --Yank-- joke.

[quote:post_uid0]I also suppose that if we don't want 2, we can splice the YANK!-ing from 3c into 3d, which I believe would make everyone happy.[/quote:post_uid0]

But if you do that, Tank wouldn't die. So that would have to go back to 1aMod, thereby transforming it back into 1a. By putting the --Yank-- joke into 3d, you'd transform it into 3c, with the exception of the "looking at my hands" joke (which isn't really nessesary.)

In other words, losing 2 from "1aMod - 2 - 3d" would effectively turn it back into "1a - 3c", which still has my vote, by the way. ;)

So the choice is, I think, between:

1aMod - 2 - 3d
and
1a - 3c

Maybe we should revote, with this in mind?

--------------
Michiel (still not able to post)[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]especially since there really hasn't been a fake GAK! from Tank[/quote:post_uid0]
You lost me now.

I tried to get it all, but I think this scene is just too complicated for me.[/color:post_uid0]

Michiel
04-30-2004, 09:05 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Too complicated. :p

So... do we revote? Or does Zeke choose one and close the thread?

Or do we keep it open for another month?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I would be happy with 3a, 3b, or 3c. So whichever of those is getting the most votes at any particular time... ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
05-01-2004, 05:26 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think this thread is hopelessly meddled. Zeke should step in and pick one and close it and use the hammer of smiting on every single one of us.[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
05-01-2004, 06:57 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, Zeke pick one please. We will be debating this for a long time if you don't.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
05-01-2004, 09:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree but... Hammer of Smiting?

<font size="-2">EEK!</font>[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
05-01-2004, 11:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Eek indeed. I'll bet he's really itching to use it too - the last time he got to properly use ti was when Zuke briefly took over the site in 2002.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
05-01-2004, 05:08 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]::: looks at the posts full of complicated letter/number codes representing scenes :::

I'm glad we have the smileys back, because if this isn't the time to use :O, I don't know what is.

I'll come back later when I'm psyched for this.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
05-05-2004, 07:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay, here's what I propose we go with:

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
[b:post_uid0]Neo:[/b:post_uid0] (sigh) I get that one a lot, too.
[b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Y'see, Neo can't be the One unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri--GAK!
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.

Anonymous
05-05-2004, 07:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, that works for me. Let's go with it (for the love of Mike, please, go with it!)[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, me too. Let's take this block out back and shoot it, it's been struggling too long. :)

Michiel
05-05-2004, 08:37 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Not my first choice, but it's fine with me. :) Lets try the next block.

[u:post_uid0]Edit:[/u:post_uid0] Hm.. Wouldn't it be better if it started with

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Cypher:[/b:post_uid0] Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
[b:post_uid0]Tank:[/b:post_uid0] Can you say it without the gun?[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
05-05-2004, 09:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, yes it would. Consider that added.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
05-05-2004, 10:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*[i:post_uid0]Eye twitches furiously[/i:post_uid0]*

That had better be the very last change. Otherwise Mr. Flibble is liable to get [i:post_uid0]cranky[/i:post_uid0].[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
05-06-2004, 01:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid14]I vote for this version :)[/color:post_uid14]

NeoMatrix
05-06-2004, 01:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I vote for the latest version, whatever it shall be[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
05-06-2004, 02:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]i go for this version too (as in sure why not)
and who exactly is this mike?
(heh, elrond signature, NAHTMMM)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
05-06-2004, 03:47 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]So be it. Thread closed. Pie for all. There are four lights.[/color:post_uid0]