PDA

View Full Version : Delta Fleet is looking for authors - Anyone interested in writing ST fan-fic?

FatMatDuhRat
03-14-2003, 05:54 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Check out the [b:post_uid0]Delta Fleet[/b:post_uid0] website:
[b:post_uid0]http://deltafleet.mbenzvi.com[/b:post_uid0]
There have been se7en great stories written
so far, but more authors are needed. You
can find [b:post_uid0]Mike Ben-Zvi's E-mail[/b:post_uid0] address on
the [b:post_uid0]Main Page[/b:post_uid0] or you can post something
in the [b:post_uid0]DF Forum[/b:post_uid0] if you're interested.
:D[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
03-14-2003, 09:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hey, does this count as spam? :P ::Flicks FatMat::[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-14-2003, 11:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Egad! Of all the 'ships it had to be K/7! That's me put off no end.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-15-2003, 12:42 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Celeste"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Hey, does this count as spam?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0][i:post_uid0]Spam?![/i:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0] In what way? It's not a bunch of letters spilling
out of yr Inbox, is it?
:D
[b:post_uid0]PHJ[/b:post_uid0] <-- The K/7 element is in the background, it's [b:post_uid0]NOT[/b:post_uid0]
the main feature of the DF stories. If you read the
first two stories, you'll see that right away.
:eyeroll:
In all seriousness, there are lots of Trek fans on this
Forum, and I know there are some fan-fic fanatics
out there too. Anyone who wants to read the stories
can go right ahead, but if you'd like to take a stab at
writing one that would also be highly appreciated.
:bigsmile:[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 01:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I've tried to write serious stuff before. It goes silly very quickly. It's gotten to the point where I'm trying to sneak jokes into university assignments.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-15-2003, 01:22 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'd maybe consider it but I'm busy trying to write fivers of [i:post_uid0]24[/i:post_uid0], plus there's the fact that I'm a rabid perfectionist so there's no way it would ever be finished. There's also the tiny litte fact that I've never really written anything of that kind before, but thats pretty inconsequential compared to the other stuff. Saying that though, I did have a bizarre idea for a [i:post_uid0]Doctor Who[/i:post_uid0]/[i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] 'shippy fic type thing.

You know that sounds even sillier now I've written it down.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-15-2003, 01:46 AM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I'd maybe consider it but I'm busy trying to write fivers of [i:post_uid0]24[/i:post_uid0], plus there's the fact that I'm a rabid perfectionist so there's no way it would ever be finished. There's also the tiny litte fact that I've never really written anything of that kind before, but thats pretty inconsequential compared to the other stuff. Saying that though, I did have a bizarre idea for a [i:post_uid0]Doctor Who[/i:post_uid0]/[i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] 'shippy fic type thing.

You know that sounds even sillier now I've written it down.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]No sillier than that DS9/TNG/DRW script that's out there...[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-15-2003, 02:29 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Sa'ar Chasm[/b:post_uid0] and [b:post_uid0]PHJ[/b:post_uid0] <-- Regardless of whether you're a
perfectionist or you can't stop yr stuff from becoming silly,
there's always the option of [b:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]co-writing[/u:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0] a story w/someone
else. I find that to be the easiest way of getting something
done, and sometimes a story is better when more than one
person is able to participate in its creation.
If you'd like an example, check out the [b:post_uid0]VVS9 story (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/features/gifts.html)[/b:post_uid0] that I
began and [b:post_uid0]Mr. Z[/b:post_uid0] finished... w/a large amount of help from
[b:post_uid0]Kira[/b:post_uid0] as the beta reader.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 03:38 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]I find that to be the easiest way of getting something
done, and sometimes a story is better when more than one
person is able to participate in its creation.
[/quote:post_uid0]

Then again, many cooks curdle the coffee.

There is a certain temptation, though...if I had any idea what Delta Fleet was.[/color:post_uid0]

entei
03-15-2003, 03:08 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]No sillier than that DS9/TNG/DRW script that's out there... [/quote:post_uid0]

Is it as silly as my Watership Down/Voyager idea? Ohow... did I say that out loud. er...

bkjknkxxxzssk

Hello again. This is the real Entei. That was just an imposter pretending to be me just there. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
03-15-2003, 03:09 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Then again, many cooks curdle the coffee.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Too many stupid cooks, curdle the coffee. ;) My sim/writing group was fine until we got a cadet that thinks he can hail an Admiral at any time of night to break our CO out of the brig. 8|[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-15-2003, 04:16 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0]There is a certain temptation...if I had any idea what
[b:post_uid0]Delta Fleet[/b:post_uid0] was.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ok, let's see if I can summarize what the DF fan-fic
series is in 5 minutes or less. [b:post_uid0]*deep breath*[/b:post_uid0]

Not too long ago, a fella by the name of [b:post_uid0]Mike Ben Zvi[/b:post_uid0]
decided to write several fan-fic stories that took place
during the sixth season of Voyager called the [b:post_uid0]K/7 Saga. (http://www.mbenzvi.com/k7saga.htm)[/b:post_uid0]
A lot of ppl [i:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]really[/b:post_uid0][/i:post_uid0] enjoyed what he wrote, so he soon
got the idea to expand the events that took place in
that AU and create a bunch of stories where Harry is
given command of the [b:post_uid0]ENT-F[/b:post_uid0] and he's ordered by SF
to return to the DQ in order to create diplomatic ties
with all of the species the [b:post_uid0]USS Voyager[/b:post_uid0] had already
encountered. Thus began the [b:post_uid0]Delta Fleet,[/b:post_uid0] and it was
a combination of Federation, Klingon and Romulan
forces all working together in order to establish a link
w/a majority of the aliens on the other side of the
Galaxy. The DF timeline takes place 25 years after the
[b:post_uid0]USS Voyager[/b:post_uid0] has returned to Earth,and there have
been a lot of changes throughout the Federation and
their neighbors in the Beta Quadrant.
If you goto the homepage of the website and check
out the [b:post_uid0]FAQ,[/b:post_uid0] it should clear upany more questions
you might have. It also helpes to read the first two
stories since they introduce the main characters and
the whole theme of what DF really is.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 08:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]My sim/writing group was fine until we got a cadet that thinks he can hail an Admiral at any time of night to break our CO out of the brig. [/quote:post_uid0]

*blinkblink*

[quote:post_uid0]Is it as silly as my Watership Down/Voyager idea? [/quote:post_uid0]

*BL-INK*

Suddenly writing an alternate future to the Battletech universe (in point form) doesn't look so bad.

Of course, nothing can match Star Trek meets the X-Men. This is a real novel that somebody actually got paid to write. I bet we can cobble together a novel of sorts and have it turn out better than some of the drek that gets published today. There have been times when I've thrown a paperback across the room in disgust.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-15-2003, 08:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="entei"][quote:post_uid0]No sillier than that DS9/TNG/DRW script that's out there... [/quote:post_uid0]

Is it as silly as my Watership Down/Voyager idea?[/quote:post_uid0]

http://www.sjacob.org/trek/humour/TNG-DS9-DrWho-TSFS/

Quite possibly, yes.... :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 08:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Quite possibly, yes.... [/quote:post_uid0]

Quite possibly, that was the strangest thing I've ever read*

* - not written by me, of course.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-15-2003, 08:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm pretty sure that there's a [i:post_uid0]Blake's 7[/i:post_uid0]/[i:post_uid0]Buffy[/i:post_uid0] crossover novel thats been written.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-15-2003, 09:01 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Nothing can match Star Trek meets the X-Men.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I have the comic book version of that, and it wasn't
bad. Each character had their own moment to shine,
& most of the Trek ppl interracted well w/the X-men.
Spock got to pinch Wolverine's neck, the Beast and
Bones worked on Gambit in Sickbay, Kirk tried to hit
on Jean Grey behind Cyclop's back, and Forge helped
Scotty realign the main deflector shiled during a crisis
situation near the end of the story.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
03-15-2003, 09:37 PM
[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000:post_uid0]http://www.sjacob.org/trek/humour/TNG-DS9-DrWho-TSFS/[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:D :D
That's got to be one the most deranged things I've ever seen. I knew I liked [b:post_uid0]Davros[/b:post_uid0].[/color:post_uid0]