PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new, three!!! - I'm new...what else?

Opium
03-14-2003, 02:50 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hi, I'm and I am a Canadian. And I'm new here...okay, so I posted a few times already. But yah, ...actually I got this site from Nan-the FMSG person- last year at a film fest...well, on the ferry from the film fest.
I watch BTVS and Star Trek rather often...and I love parodies...so I love these sites :)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-14-2003, 03:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:waves: Hiya! :) Another Canadian, eh? Maybe that'll save you from Zeke--he was getting rather violent with Captain Galactic, you know. [img:post_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/eek5.gif[/img:post_uid0]

(Edit) Actually, just forget that and [b:post_uid0]run[/b:post_uid0]. Zeke tends to go ballistic when he sees triple !'s. :O[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
03-14-2003, 03:10 AM
[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Maybe that'll save you from Zeke[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Then again, calling 5MSG FMSG might put you back at his mercy.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-14-2003, 04:39 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Another Canadian behind the Rockies, no less. Maybe now Zeke will remember we're here (No, I'm not bitter :P).

That's going to turn into a little silly face. Curses.

Edit: It didn't! Spiffiness.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-14-2003, 04:47 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]FMSG[/quote:post_uid0]
And the funny part is that I hadn't even noticed that till you called it to my attention.

Seriously, welcome to the forum, Opium. Always good to see new people. I'm not actually going to kill Galactic either, I'm just amusing myself.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-14-2003, 04:50 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Did you ever see [b:post_uid0]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?[/b:post_uid0]
There's a part in it where Benicio Del Toro says,
"You know what we need? We need some [i:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]opium![/b:post_uid0][/i:post_uid0]"
:D
Hello and welcome.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-14-2003, 07:43 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Opium"]But yah, ...actually I got this site from Nan-the FMSG person- last year at a film fest...well, on the ferry from the film fest.[/quote:post_uid0]
First: it's 5MSG, FOO! ;)

Second: Holy crap! Who are you? I have forgotten much of that time. ;)

Nan, still charged from playing DOA[/color:post_uid0]

Things Are Good
03-14-2003, 08:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hi.

That is all.[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Opps!!! Okay, 5MV/5MDSN/5MBTVS/5MST/F5MSG IT IS!!!

OMG!!! I AM West of the Rockies!!!
OMG!!! Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas WAS were I got this name from!!!!
(and now I will never use !!! again!!!)

I met Nan at the Eyelens thing...with, um, Luke? Duke?Zack? and some other guy. Everyone was overtired on the ferry after a night of...um, I think there was dancing and card tricks...and there was a bunch of us talking about Star Trek and story arcs and BTVS and such...but all I remember was a heated debate over whether Janeway or Dax was a better feminist symbol 8| and you telling about soem great parody sites. anyways, dont want to give anything more away about everyone's secret identies ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Captain Galactic
03-14-2003, 12:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Welcome, welcome!

Tell me when it's safe to come out, ok?

(Transmitted from Captain Galactic's secret anti-Zeke starbase, high in orbit above Nicaragua.)[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
03-14-2003, 01:15 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm not actually going to kill Galactic either, I'm just amusing myself.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Aww, comeon! I wanted bloodshed.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-14-2003, 11:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You should start playing Redshirt Dominoes - it's blood-splattering good fun.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-15-2003, 12:57 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Opium"]I met Nan at the Eyelens thing...with, um, Luke? Duke?Zack? and some other guy. Everyone was overtired on the ferry after a night of...um, I think there was dancing and card tricks...[/quote:post_uid0]
Yeah, my cousin Luke. He won for best screenplay. Oh that other guy was probably my friend Phil. :)

There was dancing, yes. :) Hehe. Techno music and splinters. Oh yeah: never sleep, sit on or touch the green couch again. I have a friend who broke that "no fraternizing" rule.... on it.

Spicy, may you burn in hell.

[quote:post_uid0]and there was a bunch of us talking about Star Trek and story arcs and BTVS and such...but all I remember was a heated debate over whether Janeway or Dax was a better feminist symbol 8| and you telling about soem great parody sites. anyways, dont want to give anything more away about everyone's secret identies ;)[/quote:post_uid0]

Damn, I was so tired I have bugger all recollection of that period. M or F? First name? Do you recall the blonde jokes made? ;)

~Nan, who does not recall the feminist thing. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Captain Galactic
03-15-2003, 02:55 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeesh. Kind of like the H*R Decemberween Pagent. "Nan & Opium find out they have a secret past." (Wait...)

I'm still hiding from Zeke in my Nicaraguan Starbase.
Call me when he doesn't wanna kill me. And Zeke, don't try to lure me out with "I don't hate you", because the next post from you will be "::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 03:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]"::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/quote:post_uid0]

And then we force you to star in Captain Galactic and the Star Dust Cowboy.

(OK, anybody get that one?)

"From the edge of the Rim to your town."[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-15-2003, 04:57 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Captain Galactic"][color=#000000:post_uid0]And Zeke, don't try to lure me out with "I don't hate you", because the next post from you will be "::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You're almost right. I'll spell it correctly. :D

(Seriously, I don't hate you. But you [i:post_uid0]did[/i:post_uid0] start it, so it's not as though you can complain.)[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-15-2003, 12:39 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm female, about 5'4, reddish hair...I guess if I had to describe myself...a cross between Tara on "Buffy" (sounds dirty, but isnt) and Lindsay Dole Donnell (Dylan Mcdermott's TV wife) on The Practice. Oh and I might have had dark-rimmed glasses. Or not. I dont remember...but everyone on the ferry was pretty cool...or maybe that's sleepy talking ;)

OMG, I just realized how wierd this may seem to you...but really, you told me how funny the stuff was, and the address, and the sites have really funny stuff in them, so Ide thought Ide post and join in the sillery:D my best friend loves the Buffy stuff, too.

How can you not remember The Debate of 2002? Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!

And what's all this hate? I though this place was for the love of Scy Fi, but....The Hammer of Smighting sounds scary. Or funny...I'm not sure which.

4 am may a is song good, but for bad time a posting sense things that make. 8|[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-15-2003, 05:23 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]INdeed it isss ::head goes thunk on the keyboard:: sssssstyyhyftrfyhtgt5656566

:zzz:

(Heh, and here I figured I'd never get a chance to use that smiley...)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 08:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!
[/quote:post_uid0]

They aren't that uncomfortable. I recall sitting in them last summer with three lovely Brasilian lasses.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-15-2003, 08:28 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!
[/quote:post_uid0]

They aren't that uncomfortable. I recall sitting in them last summer with three lovely Brasilian lasses.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]So in this case, the "sitting with a pretty girl" part of the relativity equation outweighs the "hot stove" part of the equation, possibly because it outnumbers the latter part, three to one.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-15-2003, 08:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]So in this case, the "sitting with a pretty girl" part of the relativity equation outweighs the "hot stove" part of the equation, possibly because it outnumbers the latter part, three to one.[/quote:post_uid0]

Did you read that in the paper this morning too?

That Einstein. What a kidder.[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-21-2003, 09:54 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Um, this thread was supposed to be about ME! ME ME ME!
Okay, kidding, I just wanted to test my new sig
*hides behind binder in case anyone throws something through the 'net at me* :crying:[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-21-2003, 09:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]GRR ARG it didnt work.
The Ferry Ship's seats are indeed uncomfortable. Besides, if you were with two Brasilian women, you were maybe on a different ferry...or they were tourists...or someone made a Vengeance wish 8|[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-21-2003, 11:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ack! I totally don't remember.

Post a picture of yourself. That might help... Eeeghh...

This isn't the first time this has happened. My sister says I met her friend Bailey's husband, Julio, but I can't remember it!

~Nan, it's like Workforce, I tell you! Or, to be Stargate specific, "Beneath the Surface"[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-22-2003, 12:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hmmmm, I dont really want to leave a pic...I guess if it's one of those naggy things where you really want to know something but cant remember it, an idea it to go to the site where the short films are, then go the new stuff, and watch "The Perfect World"...I'm the granny-looking little girl, and the girl who laughs at the fallen boy and says "Gee Mister, you look hurt, wait here while I get medical help" as I steal his crutches.

I know it can be really annoying when someone's like "hi" and you're like "who are you"...actually I wanted to join this board because the posts are funny and fun, and saying who recommened this site was like,par for the course...cus of course you WANT quirky people like me to be here :D[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-22-2003, 02:41 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thwarted again! I don't have RealPlayer. My computer doesn't have the resources for it. :(

AGH! You could email me the picture...

Nan[/color:post_uid0]

Opium
03-28-2003, 11:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]EEEP. Well, I cant say anything to that...so maybe I will send my pic...if just so I can prove I am NOT an evil mastermind planning evil mastermind things...since I can do evil mastermind things to my Simpeople. :D[/color:post_uid0]