PDA

View Full Version : March 20

Kira
03-20-2003, 05:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Two new fivers today: Five-Minute "The Emissary (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/nextgen/theemissary.html)" by Marc Richard and Five-Minute [i:post_uid0]Elite Force[/i:post_uid0] (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/videogames/eliteforce.html) by Kosst Amojan.

In other news -- some of you may have noticed the disappearance of Jim's Deltablues site a few months ago. He's now relocated right here at 3Sgyma; you can get there at http://3sygma.com/deltablues. Also, Christian of TrekToday fame has started up a new website for the t.v. show [i:post_uid0]CSI: Crime Scene Investigation[/i:post_uid0] and he requested a plug. As a rabid fan of the show, I'm more than happy to oblige, so do drop by CSI Files (http://www.csifiles.com) if you watch the show... and if you don't, start now.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-20-2003, 06:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Is Jim going to get a Delta Blues folder in the forum?

~Nan[/color:post_uid0]

MPQ
03-20-2003, 06:37 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Found a typo...
[quote:post_uid0]Munro: Wait, I'm still trying to [b:post_uid0]fingure[/b:post_uid0] out how to use my communicator....
[/quote:post_uid0]

On another note...

[quote:post_uid0]Tuvok: Your suckitude surpasses that of the others.
Munro: I like you too.

I once played this game for 8 hours straight. I thought there should be a fiver for this game. I'm glad someone was thinking the same thing. The whole thing (the fiver, I mean) was hilarious.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-20-2003, 07:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]K'Ehleyr: There's the T'Ong! Quick, shoot them before they attack us with their weapons of mass destruction!
Picard: That would be premature. As a Frenchman, I am determined to find a peaceful diplomatic solution to this crisis.
K'Ehleyr: Would you fire if I told you that T'Ong is the Klingon word for "axis of evil"?
Picard: No, you'll have to give me a better reason than that. [/quote:post_uid0]

Politically, the timing was impeccable. Or rotten. I haven't decided.

Technically, the only weapon of mass destruction is antimatter. Everything else is mass rearrangement.

/gallows humour[/color:post_uid0]

Anonymous
03-20-2003, 08:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The Elite Force fiver is the greatest fiver I've ever read in my entire extremely long life. I think we should all praise this "Kosst Amojan" (who I am definitely not and have never heard of before) and send him presents like money and candy. Also, we should elect him emperor. Of the universe.

On a side note, I am definitely not Kosst Amojan. Watch me use various emoticons to prove I am not him.

:) :) :) :) :)
:swear:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
:dead:

See? I obviously cannot be Kosst Amojan, though aside from knowing that I am not him, I no nothing about him, since I have never met him. Yes, that'll do.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
03-20-2003, 01:36 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nice fivers. Never played Elite Force, but the fiver was great. And Marc, I particularly liked Federation Express.

(By the way, Marc's fiver isn't listed from the "All Episodes" page....)[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
03-20-2003, 01:52 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Nan"]Is Jim going to get a Delta Blues folder in the forum?[/quote:post_uid0]
Hm, good question....

[quote:post_uid0="MPQ"]Found a typo...[/quote:post_uid0]
::: points finger at Zeke :::

[quote:post_uid0="Derek"]By the way, Marc's fiver isn't listed from the "All Episodes" page....[/quote:post_uid0]
Well, it is now. (I could've [i:post_uid0]sworn[/i:post_uid0] I uploaded that thing....)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-20-2003, 04:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Crewman #670: Not that kind of crabs! GAK!
Evil Big Crab of Evil: Booga booga![/quote:post_uid0]

:lol: That cracked me up!

Both fivers were absolutely hilarious. :bigsmile:

Not Kosst Amojan, you've definitely convinced me that you are not, in fact, Kosst Amojan. I mean, look at your alias! "Not Kosst Amojan". Works for me.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-20-2003, 04:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I went to fix the typo, but it looks like somebody already has. Ah well.

As for Jim getting a DB forum, he's already had one for hmm let's see [i:post_uid0]five years[/i:post_uid0] and that community is happy where it is. A forum here would just cheapen it. It doesn't surprise me to hear the question asked -- what does surprise me, however, is who's asking. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-20-2003, 07:46 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The 5ER for [b:post_uid0]Elite Force[/b:post_uid0] was great, esp. the part where
there's "!?" at the end of two of the sentences.
:O :D
I've never played that game but I've read the comic
book of it several times. The depiction of Tuvok was
excellent, and the joke about the "expansion pack" at
the ending was great too.
:p :smile:[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-20-2003, 07:56 PM
[quote:post_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000:post_uid0]The 5ER for [b:post_uid0]Elite Force[/b:post_uid0] was great, esp. the part where
there's "!?" at the end of two of the sentences.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]There [b:post_uid0][i:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]WHAT?[/u:post_uid0][/i:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]K'Ehleyr: There's the T'Ong! Quick, shoot them before they attack us with their weapons of mass destruction!
Picard: That would be premature. As a Frenchman, I am determined to find a peaceful diplomatic solution to this crisis.
K'Ehleyr: Would you fire if I told you that T'Ong is the Klingon word for "axis of evil"?
Picard: No, you'll have to give me a better reason than that. [/quote:post_uid0]

Politically, the timing was impeccable. Or rotten. I haven't decided.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I recall somebody (or a couple of somebodies) recently discussing writing an entire fiver to set up a single joke. Not saying that's necessarily the case here.

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Munro:[/b:post_uid0] Be vewy, vewy quiet. We're hunting for Kwingons.[/quote:post_uid0]
*snicker*
Good to see I'm not the only one who does that voice.[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
03-20-2003, 10:19 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]>> writing an entire fiver to set up a single joke. Not saying that's necessarily the case here. <<

Indeed it isn't. When I picked that episode to work on last weekend, I hadn't made any connection between it and current events. It was only when I watched my tape of the show that I remembered that K'Ehleyr spends half the show arguing that Picard should destroy the Klingon ship on sight rather than trying to talk to its crew...and that Picard spends the whole show asking for other options.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-21-2003, 02:51 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]As for Jim getting a DB forum, he's already had one for hmm let's see [i:post_uid0]five years[/i:post_uid0] and that community is happy where it is. A forum here would just cheapen it. It doesn't surprise me to hear the question asked -- what does surprise me, however, is who's asking. ;)[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I was curious. You know, a forum to talk about his REVIEWS, or something. *wink nudge* ;)

Nan, who'd proudly wear DC colours if there were any. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
03-21-2003, 04:52 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Wait, he does reviews too?[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-21-2003, 08:05 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Wait, he does reviews too?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*snarf*

*chortles*

Nan[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-21-2003, 01:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I must suck cause I cant get by the final boss dude. I shoot him lots, yet nothing. What weapon should I be using?[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]NeoMatrix:[/b:post_uid0] What weapon should I be using?

Ask [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0] if you can borrow that [b:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]Hammer[/u:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0] he's always
threatening us with.
:p[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
03-21-2003, 04:27 PM
[quote:post_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]NeoMatrix:[/b:post_uid0] What weapon should I be using?

Ask [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0] if you can borrow that [b:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]Hammer[/u:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0] he's always
threatening us with.
:p[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Or I can torture the alien by saying "Soon" lol[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-21-2003, 06:14 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="NeoMatrix"]I must suck cause I cant get by the final boss dude. I shoot him lots, yet nothing. What weapon should I be using?[/quote:post_uid0]
SCUD's are always good. Even the name sounds mega-destructatory.

[i:post_uid0]"Destructatory"[/i:post_uid0]? Whuh...? :S[/color:post_uid0]

MPQ
03-21-2003, 11:01 PM
[quote:post_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000:post_uid0]What weapon should I be using?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Seriously, the best is the tetryon disruptor alternate fire as it is very fast for its power, followed by the photon burst. This guy takes a LOT of hits, but don't give up. He doesn't react when you hit him, but he IS taking damage from attacks.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-22-2003, 03:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]followed by the photon burst. [/quote:post_uid0]

Yes. Flicking the flashlight in his eyes is essential.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-23-2003, 06:05 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You know, it's finally occurred to me that yes, I have done a fiver just for a single joke. (I haven't finished it yet, but that's beside the point.) But it wasn't so much a case of bending and rearranging an entire fiver as it was a case of having a great idea for a generic scene and needing a fiver to stick it in.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-23-2003, 06:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I could sorta ay the same about [i:post_uid0]TSFS[/i:post_uid0] - I originally planned to do something with the whole Christopher Lloyd\time-machine thing, but when it came to actually writing the fiver I just couldn't fit it in.[/color:post_uid0]

Kosst
03-24-2003, 03:15 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quote:post_uid0]followed by the photon burst. [/quote:post_uid0]
Yes. Flicking the flashlight in his eyes is essential.[/quote:post_uid0]
Those who take technobabble too seriously get eaten by giant forge-boss-alien-things.

Also, I've never tried the Tetryon gun on the forge boss, cuz I always end up using all my non-starfleet ammo in the Arc Welder. Seems to work fine for me. Of course, I'm pretty bad at that game. If you're interested in more stuff for Elite Force the best place I've found is EFFiles (http://www.effiles.com), but if you own the game I would hope you already know that.

Soooooo many mods...[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-24-2003, 03:47 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Kosst"]Those who take technobabble too seriously get eaten by giant forge-boss-alien-things.[/quote:post_uid0]
Oh, the giant forge-boss-alien-thing. We've been eaten by him three times already this summer, haven't we Sa'ar?[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-24-2003, 05:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Oh, the giant forge-boss-alien-thing. We've been eaten by him three times already this summer, haven't we Sa'ar?

*We're sorry, but Sa'ar Chasm cannot take your call right now. He's busy washing giant forge-boss-alien-thing stomach acid out of his hair...again. If you're calling about wigs, please stay on the line, and a flunky will take your call as soon as possible*

This summer? Where are you that it's summer?[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-24-2003, 05:22 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quote:post_uid0]Oh, the giant forge-boss-alien-thing. We've been eaten by him three times already this summer, haven't we Sa'ar?

*We're sorry, but Sa'ar Chasm cannot take your call right now. He's busy washing giant forge-boss-alien-thing stomach acid out of his hair...again. If you're calling about wigs, please stay on the line, and a flunky will take your call as soon as possible*

This summer? Where are you that it's summer?[/quote:post_uid0]
:eyeroll: Fine, ruin the quote, why don't you...

...Although what you came up with might have been even funnier. :lol:[/color:post_uid0]