PDA

View Full Version : June 21

Zeke
06-22-2003, 02:52 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Day 7 of Alternate Universes Week (auw.html)[/i:post_uid0]

Hey everybody, Zeke here. Â (You could have figured that out from the fact that this update was a bit less than punctual, but I'm saying it anyway.) Â Today is essentially the conclusion of our third-birthday celebration, AU Week -- there's technically one more AUW update coming tomorrow, with the article I said I'd be writing, but the climax is today. Â Here's how we're concluding the festivities:
<ul> First of all, as guessed in the forums, IJD GAF has done TAS's "The Counter-Clock Incident (../startrek/thecounterclockincident.html)" for your reading pleasure.
Likewise for your reading pleasure, Derek Dean's oldest unpublished fiver: "Gillian of the Spirits (../scifivers/gillianofthespirits.html)." Â (As you'll have noticed, we held quite a few AU-related fivers back for this event.)
Sleapers (../features/sleapers7.html) concludes today with a super-long Part 7 from yours truly. Â There's the standard one cameo from a forumgoer, but you'll find references to... quite a few others.
Finally, what better way to round out a finale than with a finale? Â The final episode of [i:post_uid0]Star Trek: the Next Generation[/i:post_uid0], "All Good Things (../nextgen/allgoodthings.html)," is now my third contribution to 5MNG. Â Hope you enjoy it.[/list]
As mentioned above, my final comments and acknowledgements for 5MV's big occasion will appear tomorrow. Â For now, though, I'd like to give a very special thank you to Kira, who got everything ready for me for the update today; thanks to her, there only had to be a few minutes between my finishing the writing and uploading the completed HTML. Â The lateness of today's update is in [i:post_uid0]every[/i:post_uid0] respect my fault -- it was waiting on no one but me. Â I am so the weakest link.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
06-22-2003, 03:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It's 4AM in the morning.....but it's worth it.

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: We'll just have to be careful to use safe sectors.
Yar: The preferred term is safer sectors, sir. Sectors are never completely safe.[/quote:post_uid0]

Especially for that.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-22-2003, 03:34 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Finding himself getting an odd feeling about it, Zeke picks up the yo-yo, measures three diameters' worth of string, and cuts the rest off. He then wraps it around the yo-yo and finds that it covers the circumference exactly once[/quote:post_uid0]

Oh, god...I think I know what's coming...

[quote:post_uid0]Zeke: Good God! Pi in this world is exactly three!

(Zeke's disturbed expression quickly changes to a look of anticipation.)

Zeke: Mmmmm... exactly three pies....
[/quote:post_uid0]

Argh!

[quote:post_uid0]Derek: Ouch. That's the end of him... no one's ever survived the canyon of Saar.

*protracted victory dance*

The who episode with the bazooka had me twitching helplessly. All the visual gags were well done.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-22-2003, 04:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Great TAS fiver! My favorite part was:
[quote:post_uid0]Arex: The vessel is approaching at warp 36.
Kirk: TNG scale or TOS scale?
Spock: Don't worry Captain, it's impossible either way.
Kirk: Good. Lock a tractor beam on it.
Scotty: Sir?
Spock: Mr. Scott, it's possible in the TOS universe -- for a time.[/quote:post_uid0]

My favorite line from the very funny "Sliders" episode could have come from any of at least three different Star Trek series:
[quote:post_uid0]Quinn: I'm over -- (Wade walks through Quinn) -- oh, it's one of these episodes. Never mind.[/quote:post_uid0]

And the "All Good Things..." fiver was absolutely hilarious all the way through. One of the lines that really cracked me up was
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Commander, this is Captain Picard. We'll be late picking you up, so while you're waiting, I'd appreciate it if you would find and destroy Wesley Crusher. Thank you.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: :lol: Also the three inter-fiver references, especially the ST:FC one.
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Ah yes. My apologies; I've not yet mastered the difference between my manly girl and my girly man.
Past Worf: That is entirely understandaHEYYY![/quote:post_uid0]
:D
[quote:post_uid0]Future Data: Captain! Geordi! So good to see you again. How do you like my distinguished gray hair?
Picard: There's nothing distinguished about hair. Data, I need your help... I've been travelling in time.
Future Data: And you'd like me to help you break the habit?
Picard: It wouldn't be the first time. You were the one who taught me to drink coffee instead of tea.[/quote:post_uid0]
Is this from one of the [i:post_uid0]Back to the Future[/i:post_uid0] movies? Either way, it's funny, but I'm just wondering...

Just a few of the many parts of the final section of the Sleaper story that I got a kick out of:
[quote:post_uid0]Kira: IJD?
IJD: Yes?
Kira: Hammer.
(IJD hands Kira the Hammer of Smiting, with which she promptly smites Zeke)[quote:post_uid0]
Marc: How are we going to find IJD? It's a big state.
Zeke: Really? It looked so small on the map. And purple. Why isn't it purple?[/quote:post_uid0]
And I am absolutely [i:post_uid0]loving[/i:post_uid0] these board references. [img:post_uid0]http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/otn/realhappy/jump.gif[/img:post_uid0]

A thrilling end to the Sleaper...ummm...septology?[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
06-22-2003, 04:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Great stuff, with one note:

Counter-Clock, final scene, April's line, "Why I aughta --" should be "Why I oughta --" I think.

Nan, watching [i:post_uid0]Amistad[/i:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Derek
06-22-2003, 05:06 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Heh. Excellent stuff all around.

IJD, great fiver, as always.
[quote:post_uid0]Karla Five: (on screen) !taht potS
Kirk: Oh great, another easy-to-decipher, backwards language.
Uhura: It's okay, she really is speaking backwards.
Kirk: Oh. Then in that case, tell her to "nowd lleh eht wolS".[/quote:post_uid0]

Zeke, I couldn't stop laughing at both your AGT and your sleapers fiver. There were more references in both of those than I could possibly count. I especially loved all the inter-fiver touches in AGT.

[quote:post_uid0]Also the three inter-fiver references, especially the ST:FC one.[/quote:post_uid0]
I counted more than three. I counted numerous references to the fivers of "Endgame," [i:post_uid0]ST:FC[/i:post_uid0], "Encounter at Farpoint," "The Menagerie," and "Under the Night."

Other AGT favorite lines/references:
[quote:post_uid0]Data: Now approaching the Neutral Zone. Hey, is that a Class-2 comet?
Future Riker: Because he blames me for ruining his record. Deanna was his first love interest to die before marrying him.
Future Data: I believe he is referring to the anomaly. That is unimportant, however, since he is batty as Wayne Manor.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
06-22-2003, 05:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ok, I don't know if I'm on a "first name" basis with anyone here, but I have to say: Zeke - the Sleaper and the All Good Things were absolutely hilarious. Aside from the Pi/pie, I loved (only gonna list one thing, otherwise there'd be too many to count):

Q: Well done, Jean-Luc. You've proven the potential of your species.
Picard: To understand complicated paradoxes?
Q: To cause cool explosions! Whee! Zow-bang! If you keep this up, you'll be in good with the Continuum for years to come.
Picard: Then the trial is over?
Q: The trial never ends. It's like the O. J. trial. But I'm confident that if you keep up the good work, you'll get off easy. And who knows? Maybe I'll show up now and then to do the "you must acquit" chant.

Had me laughing for five minutes.[/color:post_uid0]

entei
06-22-2003, 07:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:::glares:::

Even I'm appearing in this now. 8| Â er... I think I'd better run away now, before anyone notices. Â ;)

Aww... too late.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
06-22-2003, 05:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Whee! What a week. Zeke, you outdid yourself on the AGT fiver.
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Excellent. Time to take after a predecessor of mine. (ahem) KYOOOOOOOOOO!
Yar: Ow! My eyes!
----------------------
Picard: THERE ARE F--
Q: Don't even think about it.
-----------------------
Picard: Static warp shell.
Data: H--
Picard: Cats.
Data: Ah.
-----------------------[/quote:post_uid0]
:D :D
[quote:post_uid0]
Picard: How big is it?[/quote:post_uid0]
Half-expected a Pythonic twist to develop here.
[quote:post_uid0]
Future Riker: Worf's a wad.
-----
Future Worf: Oo, even better. Ram him instead.[/quote:post_uid0]
The whole Riker/Worf thing was great. :)

And if you rearrange the letters in "tachyon", you get "no yacht" -- whatever that means.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
06-23-2003, 03:28 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Guest"][color=#000000:post_uid0]And if you rearrange the letters in "tachyon", you get "no yacht" -- whatever that means.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It means no Chakotay. Why, wasn't it obvious?

:D[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
06-23-2003, 12:00 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hmm. the Yacht thing was a pun with rearanging Chakotays name or something making it hilarious in one of Zeke's fivers a long time ago. Anyone remember what line that was from in what fiver? It's gonna drive me crazy now. :P[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
06-23-2003, 01:36 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Celeste"]Hmm. the Yacht thing was a pun with rearanging Chakotays name or something making it hilarious in one of Zeke's fivers a long time ago. Anyone remember what line that was from in what fiver? It's gonna drive me crazy now. :P[/quote:post_uid0]
Funny you should say that....

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Doc:[/b:post_uid0] You lost to Icheb? Either you're going insane or he cheated.
[b:post_uid0]Tuvok:[/b:post_uid0] If you mix up the letters of "Chakotay," you get "oak yacht."
[b:post_uid0]Doc:[/b:post_uid0] Insanity it is.[/quote:post_uid0]
(It's from Five-Minute "Endgame," btw.)[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
06-23-2003, 03:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Oak yacht! that's what it was :D lol Still makes me laugh.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
06-24-2003, 07:17 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]yep, the oak yatch, my all time favourite :)[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
07-03-2003, 06:41 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hello all... I haven't had much of a chance to visit the fora lately.

What can I say about June's updates... except for: "WOO HOO!" I still haven't read more than half of them, but if the other half is anywhere near the quality of what I've read so far, then I have plenty to look forward to.

All that, *and* the latest Harry Potter finally arrived (I'm a "kidult" and proud of it). :D[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
07-03-2003, 06:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Heh-Heh... [i:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Oak Yacht.[/b:post_uid0][/i:post_uid0] I remember that.
:D Â :lol:
BTW, I found a pic of the [b:post_uid0]first tattoo (http://www.penny-arcade.com/kara1.gif)[/b:post_uid0] I ever got. It was
through a link on [b:post_uid0]Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com)[/b:post_uid0], and it's cool to see that
[b:post_uid0]Gabe[/b:post_uid0] finally got some [b:post_uid0]ink done on his body (http://www.penny-arcade.com/pactat.gif)[/b:post_uid0] too.
:bigsmile:
Any body else in [b:post_uid0]5MV[/b:post_uid0] have ink on their bodies? If yes,
do you guys have a pic? (I do, write and ask me.)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-04-2003, 12:34 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nuh-uh. I regard tatoos (with the exception of the one in Edinburgh) in the same light as any kind of body piercings, i.e. completely pointless.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-04-2003, 12:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Speaking as one who is having problems with her ear piercings on the right, I feel conflicted as to whether I should repay you for that attempted thwapping. ;p[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-04-2003, 01:17 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks for reminding me - I'd forgotten about that.

*Thwaps Nan with a rat on a stick*[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-04-2003, 04:15 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Woo! Finally a subject where PHJ and I completely agree. Ear piercing is my taste's limit. (Actually, I count almost all cosmetics in the Ungood category as well, arguably to the point of neurosis....)[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
07-04-2003, 04:13 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You're all just haters. [b:post_uid0]Piercing and Tattoos[/b:post_uid0] are unique
ways of expressing human creation by disfiguring yr
bodies in the most painful ways imaginible.
:mad:
& I know for a fact that [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0] has a giant [b:post_uid0]"5MV"[/b:post_uid0] inked
across his back. It's how you can spot him inna large
crowd whenever he goes to the beach or some other
place where a person frequently takes off their shirt.
:suspicious:
BTW, I am immensely enjoying my vacation today!
(Go U.S.A.) :D[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
07-04-2003, 05:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="FatMat426"]BTW, I am immensely enjoying my vacation today!
(Go U.S.A.) Â :D[/quote:post_uid0]
A three-day weekend? Â Pffft. Â Canada Day fell on a Tuesday this year, so I took Monday off and got a four-day weekend. Â So ha ha. :D

Oh, and Vancouver-Whistler won their 2010 Olympic bid on Wednesday, so that was like a mini Canada Day too. :bigsmile:[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-04-2003, 05:52 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]A three-day weekend? Pffft. Canada Day fell on a Tuesday this year, so I took Monday off and got a four-day weekend. So ha ha.[/quote:post_uid0]

I turned up on Tuesday by mistake. Of course, I slept in until ten and had to come to the office to check my email anyway, so it wasn't a total loss.

However, I left work Wednesday afternoon to go to my Grandma's funeral and was told not to come back until Monday.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-04-2003, 09:11 PM
[quote:post_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000:post_uid0]& I know for a fact that [b:post_uid0]Zeke[/b:post_uid0] has a giant [b:post_uid0]"5MV"[/b:post_uid0] inked across his back.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]What a coincidence! I know for a fact that FatMat is about to die.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-04-2003, 10:01 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Uh-oh - his tail is rattling. Everyone back off slowly, and don't make any sudden moves.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-04-2003, 10:02 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You can borrow my Wakizashi of Smiting, if you want, Zeke. Right after I dismember Pointy. ):D[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
07-05-2003, 01:54 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nice knowing ya Mat :D

Might wanna lend it Nan, I don't know how rusty the Hammer of Smiting is.

[quote:post_uid0]BTW, I am immensely enjoying my vacation today!
(Go U.S.A.)[/quote:post_uid0]

Although I am as well, I had to work today in the blazing heat (I work at a grocery store - pushing carts among other lowly things)[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
07-05-2003, 02:22 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]What's a [b:post_uid0]Wakizashi?[/b:post_uid0]
:S[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-05-2003, 03:29 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Edit: Gahh!

Wakizashi (http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakizashi).

Actually, though the wakizashi has finesse, I think I shall replace it with the Naginata (http://www.naginata.org/background.html) of Smiting.

I just broke off a year-long friendship (some "friend") so my fuse is a little short. Sorry if I'm snippy.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-05-2003, 10:56 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]What a coincidence! I know for a fact that FatMat is about to die.[/quote:post_uid0]
Is that "is about to die" or "will die soon"?

*runs*[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
07-05-2003, 02:03 PM
[quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Zeke:[/b:post_uid0] What a coincidence! Â I know for a fact that
FatMat is about to die.

Is that "is about to die" or "will die soon"?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My [b:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]$$[/u:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0] is on [b:post_uid0]"soon."[/b:post_uid0] (And I don't have too much
to spend so I hope I'm right.)

Also... the [b:post_uid0]katana[/b:post_uid0] looks cooler than a [b:post_uid0]wakazashi.[/b:post_uid0]
(Say that three times very fast w.out stuttering.)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-05-2003, 05:28 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]What's a Wakizashi?[/quote:post_uid0]

Strangely enough I actually know that answer to that one - though I've never been entirely sure how you'd Smite someone with one. When it comes to Smiting, I prefer to utilise a good old fashioned grand piano. Has almost as much comedy value as the fish.[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
07-05-2003, 06:25 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I will smite you with... [i:post_uid0]a herring[/i:post_uid0]![/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-05-2003, 07:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]OK, but you have to cut down the tallest tree in the forest with it first.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-05-2003, 09:33 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It's really more a Wakizashi of Evisceration.

You can do some serious smiting with a naginata or a katana.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-05-2003, 09:45 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Your knowledge of sharp, pointy objects is somewhat worrying....[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
07-06-2003, 01:39 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0](Cut & Pasted from [b:post_uid0]5-Min-Durka Returns (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/farscape/durkareturns.html)[/b:post_uid0])

[b:post_uid0]Rygel:[/b:post_uid0] (playing with a knife) Oh how I love this sharp, pointy, [i:post_uid0]painful[/i:post_uid0] piece of metal.
[b:post_uid0]Aeryn:[/b:post_uid0] What're you doing?
[b:post_uid0]Rygel:[/b:post_uid0] [i:post_uid0]Nothing![/i:post_uid0] And I wasn't conspiring to carve my initials in Durka's hide.
[b:post_uid0]Aeryn:[/b:post_uid0] Suuuure you weren't.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-06-2003, 09:46 PM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Your knowledge of sharp, pointy objects is somewhat worrying....[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well, I AM evil. );)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Well, I AM evil.[/quote:post_uid0]

You may require an alignment change.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-07-2003, 03:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm not THAT evil. My evil is largely recreational.

None of that organized evil that requires megalomania, and mountain fortresses. I don't have the will and the inclination to set up a mountain fortress.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-07-2003, 04:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]So we're talking "Poisoning Pidgeons in the Park" evil then are we?[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-07-2003, 05:16 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]More like "Stealing Stealthily from Stone Giants" evil or "Kunningly Killing Kobolds by proxy" evil.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-07-2003, 05:28 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*sighs*

It's Tom Lehrer, people![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
07-07-2003, 06:29 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]And a very funny song it is, too! :D[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-07-2003, 10:27 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]More like "Stealing Stealthily from Stone Giants" evil or "Kunningly Killing Kobolds by proxy" evil.[/quote:post_uid0]
Stealing is not evil. Maybe if you kill them.
Kobolds [i:post_uid0]are[/i:post_uid0] evil, so killing them would be good or neutral, but not evil. At least not by definition. Of course, evil can kill evil, but it doesn't [i:post_uid0]make[/i:post_uid0] you evil if you kill evil.

EDIT for spellcheck[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-07-2003, 10:36 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]In fact, in Spike's case you could say he got [i:post_uid0]less[/i:post_uid0] evil.

EDIT: Okay, I read the above post more carefully, and that's actually what CM is saying. 'Do'h' would probably be appropriate.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-08-2003, 01:19 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'd make a joke about being the one who shot JFK, but we don't shoot politicians in Canada so much as hit (http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/07/07/klein_pie030707) them with pies (http://www.cbc.ca/stories/news/2000/08/16/pie_000816). Heh, P.E.I. Pie Brigade. Heh.

Which I imagine Zekeybuns would view as a heinous waste of a pie.

I want pie, now.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-08-2003, 05:00 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Zekeybuns?[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-08-2003, 05:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Only girls can call him Zekeybuns!

DC thing.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-08-2003, 09:49 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]but we don't shoot politicians in Canada so much as hit them with pies.[/quote:post_uid0]
HA! We do both. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-08-2003, 04:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Only girls can call him Zekeybuns!

No argument there.

[quote:post_uid0]DC thing.[/quote:post_uid0]

Ah.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
07-08-2003, 05:39 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Nan"]Only girls can call him Zekeybuns!

DC thing.[/quote:post_uid0]
:S If you say so. But I would've thought that only girls whose names begin with a "K" and end with an "I-R-A" could [i:post_uid0]safely[/i:post_uid0] call him that.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-08-2003, 05:43 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Nan"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Only girls can call him Zekeybuns!

DC thing.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Before this goes any further, let me emphasize that girls may [i:post_uid0]not[/i:post_uid0] call him Zekeybuns, nor may any other sentient beings, with the theoretical exception of Kira. I say theoretical because I strongly suspect she wouldn't be caught dead saying it, which I entirely understand. No one else, myself included, is allowed to even think about it.

That said, I know Nan's going to do it anyway.

(For those who don't know, DC is short for Deltachat, the message board of Jim's Delta Blues. It's where Nan and I among others got our start.)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]That said, I know Nan's going to do it anyway.

Nan's a bit like the wind in that regard. She (and Taya) call me Stephanie.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-08-2003, 10:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]So I've read. Hmm... Stephanie... Stephanie...

Nah, Sa'ar just sounds better. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-09-2003, 12:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]A slightly evil wind, yes. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
07-09-2003, 01:16 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Nan"]Only girls can call him Zekeybuns!

DC thing.[/quote:post_uid0]
Before this goes any further, let me emphasize that girls may [i:post_uid0]not[/i:post_uid0] call him Zekeybuns[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I started that. ::curtseys::[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-09-2003, 01:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I thought froot.y did.[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
07-09-2003, 01:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't know who that is..[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-09-2003, 01:55 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]I started that. ::curtseys::[/quote:post_uid0]

Well look who's back.

How was your visit?[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-09-2003, 02:11 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Celeste"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't know who that is..[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]She's from DC, too. Sorry. Obscurum per obscurious, eh? ;)[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
07-09-2003, 02:13 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Celeste"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I don't know who that is..[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The one who did this, (http://frootloopz.tripod.com/lannatiny.gif) among other things.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
07-09-2003, 02:15 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Oh, and welcome back, btw. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
07-09-2003, 01:46 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks Mudshark. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-09-2003, 09:20 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yes, it was froot. who started it.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-09-2003, 09:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]At least I don't call you Buns Zekey. ;)

*runs away*[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, that was... interesting. I think she only did it once.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-10-2003, 01:53 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][img:post_uid0]http://members.aol.com/rosalindmc/images/babyzeke.gif[/img:post_uid0] I've forgotten who did the Zeke-in-the-cast chibi. I think it was her.

She also started the chibi madness.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
07-10-2003, 06:41 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah, that was... interesting. Â I think she only did it once.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah I remember that. It was "Zekeybuns!" in the topic and "Buns Zekey!" in the message content.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-10-2003, 10:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I reckon that topic is locked? :D[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-10-2003, 02:14 PM
[quote:post_uid0="taya17"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Yeah I remember that. It was "Zekeybuns!" in the topic and "Buns Zekey!" in the message content.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]You remember! Almost, anyway -- there were actually two posts, "Zekey Buns" and "Buns Zekey". Each post's content was its title followed by a period. I think that was the point when one of the other DCers finally suggested she might be overdoing it a bit.

To answer you, Marina, that was the original Deltachat at Vantagenet. The archives only went a few months back, and it's been years since we moved anyway.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-11-2003, 03:34 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ah, nostalgia.[/color:post_uid0]

Saxamaphone
07-14-2003, 08:28 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I missed out on DC by a few years - but sounded fun :)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-15-2003, 07:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Re the polititians thing - in the UK it's the other way round (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1554918.stm).[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-16-2003, 01:25 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hehehe, our PM grabbed a guy by the throat once. He's pretty spry, for an old guy. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-16-2003, 01:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Hehehe, our PM grabbed a guy by the throat once. [/quote:post_uid0]

Gave him the Shawinigan handshake. His wife bashed an intruder over the head with an Inuit stone carving, too. Saves us millions in security.

[quote:post_uid0]He's pretty spry, for an old guy.[/quote:post_uid0]

o/~ And all the Tories say I'm pretty spry for an old guy o/~

Sorry, Catalina.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-16-2003, 04:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"]Gave him the Shawinigan handshake. Â His wife bashed an intruder over the head with an Inuit stone carving, too. Â Saves us millions in security.[/quote:post_uid0]
Security? What security? It's a good thing there wasn't any botulinum or anything in that pie he got hit with. ;)

Ah, Aline. If she learned how to box, ol' Jean ineffectual Mountie guard could pursue an arts career or something. ;) Though I thought she just shut the door on the intruder dude...

Although, they say the only assailant you can't protect a politician from is the lone gunman. Or pieman, such as it were. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-16-2003, 09:22 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]o/~ And all the Tories say I'm pretty spry for an old guy o/~

Sorry, Catalina.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Pretty Fly for a Rabbi is by far the worst Wierd Al song for getting stuck in your head.[/quote:post_uid0]
That was PHJ, not me. Well, ok, I agree, but I never realy listened to it because it was so ennoying, so I don't connect the text with the actual song.

[quote:post_uid0]Although, they say the only assailant you can't protect a politician from is the lone gunman. Or pieman, such as it were. ;) [/quote:post_uid0]
So that's what got over Pim Fortuyn. He was just unprotectable ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-16-2003, 05:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]DMs are not gods. They just tell them what to do.[/quote:post_uid0]

There's something immensely satisfying to an atheist about having entire pantheons to manipulate and make dance to your tune.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-16-2003, 09:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]If a person wants to be atheistic it's his God-given right to be an atheist.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-17-2003, 12:36 AM
[quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000:post_uid0]If a person wants to be atheistic it's his God-given right to be an atheist.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Heheheheh.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-17-2003, 02:36 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Cleverness rating /10: 9. Hehehehe. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Katy Jane
07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Im going to have to remember that. :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
07-17-2003, 05:27 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I didn't think it was [i:post_uid0]that[/i:post_uid0] funny, really. But then, I heard it before.

Anyway, I do have about two pages more of those, not all just as good though.

If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
07-17-2003, 06:30 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to scream and die - motto of Starfleet Security

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Etc.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
07-17-2003, 10:02 PM
[quote:post_uid0="catalina_marina"][color=#000000:post_uid0]If a person wants to be atheistic it's his God-given right to be an atheist.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0][i:post_uid0](in smarmy Michael Palin announcer voice)[/i:post_uid0]
... unless, of course, you are a resident of the United States, in which case, there are a couple of gentlemen from Mr. Ashcroft's office who may wish to have a word with you.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
07-17-2003, 10:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Or a resident of about 90 countries that [i:post_uid0]kill[/i:post_uid0] you for having the wrong religion... oh, sorry, I forgot the Palin voice.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
07-18-2003, 01:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good times, all 'round.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
07-31-2003, 02:00 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Nan"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Good times, all 'round.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Agreed. :hands her the big shiny bowl: More popcorn? :D[/color:post_uid0]