PDA

View Full Version : August 16

Kira
08-16-2003, 09:57 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Kira here with the promised pair of guest fivers. Â New author Tate makes his debut with Five-Minute "Operation: Annihilate! (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/startrek/operationannihilate.html)" and KJP brings us his second fiver with Five-Minute "Half a Life (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/nextgen/halfalife.html)."[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
08-16-2003, 11:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I actually have my power back now, and I was working on this update earlier today but got called away. Thanks to Ki for taking care of it. There'll be a nice big one tomorrow to make up for the "downtime."[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
08-17-2003, 01:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Using the power outage as an excuse. Shame on you, lol.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
08-17-2003, 03:02 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Great fivers, guys.

Tate: Great debut. I loved the recurring jokes.

KJP: Nice. I especially liked the ending.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
08-17-2003, 03:41 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Kirk: Thank God I'm GAK?
Sulu: Um.... He's dead, Jim.
McCoy: Hey! That's my line!
Sulu: Sorry.[/quote:post_uid0]
:D Heeheehee.

[quote:post_uid0]Kirk: Hmm...a chick in trouble. Sounds like I've found my love interest for this week.
Spock: But Captain, she's already married....
Kirk: Rats.
Spock: ...to your brother.
Kirk: I have a brother?
Sulu: Had a brother.
McCoy: Haven't we been through this before?[/quote:post_uid0]
Classic!

[quote:post_uid0]Spock: Here creature creature creature...
Creature: Yeah, like I'm gonna fall for that.
Spock: I've got some pie for you.
Creature: Oooh... pie![/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: :lol: I absolutely [i:post_uid0]loved[/i:post_uid0] that exchange! My favorite part of either fiver.

A very very funny fiver all around.

My favorite parts of "Half a Life" were:
[quote:post_uid0]Lwaxana: Ooooh, what does THIS button do?
Worf: Wait, no....
Lwaxana: Oops.
Worf: Captain, Mrs. Troi has just jettisoned this episode's romantic comedy plot.
Picard: (over the comm) Oh well, nothing we can do about that now. Switch to the backup plot system.
Worf: Aye, sir. Initiating preachy, moralistic plot sequence now.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Oh. Well, I still can't do anything. I'm bound by the Prime Directive.
Lwaxana: But I thought that only applied to pre-warp cultures?
Picard: Only in months with an "R".[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

Another great fiver.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
08-17-2003, 04:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good ones, both of you! :)

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Sulu:[/b:post_uid0] (over the comm) [i:post_uid0]Had[/i:post_uid0] a brother.
[b:post_uid0]McCoy:[/b:post_uid0] AAAARRGGHH![/quote:post_uid0] :D

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Timicin:[/b:post_uid0] Gentle-MEN. And lady.[/quote:post_uid0]

Nice! ;) Also liked the ending.[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
08-18-2003, 07:47 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hooray, the "Fake Pizza" episode fived! Nice to see a TOS fiver again, and so well done, too.

Also, hilarious JLP/LT in "Half a Life". Heh heh. :D[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli
08-18-2003, 12:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree with everyone - excellent fivers, guys!

(I think I`ll start using "the creature made me do it" in everyday life... :D Â :D Â :D )[/color:post_uid0]

Tate
08-19-2003, 04:48 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Kristina"]Hooray, the "Fake Pizza" episode fived! Nice to see a TOS fiver again, and so well done, too.[/quote:post_uid0]

"Fake Pizza", is that what you call the creatures? I thought they looked more like fried eggs, but pizza works too.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone likes my fiver. Thanks for the feedback.[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
08-20-2003, 11:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Just for lack of a better expression, Tate. I always thought those creatures looked like something out of a joke shop. Hubby and I went around slapping each other's backs for days after last seeing this particular episode. Sad behavior, or a long progressed case of "classic" Trek addiction; take your pick. Anyway, I especially liked the way you used Sulu's comments in the fiver - and all the rest. Â :D[/color:post_uid0]