PDA

View Full Version : September 6 - Day 2 of NGW:TNG

Zeke
09-06-2003, 05:46 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Zeke here. Â For the second day of Next Gen Week, we have a Season 2 double bill: Marc's "Loud As a Whisper (../nextgen/loudasawhisper.html)," and "The Measure of a Man (../nextgen/themeasureofaman.html)" by yours truly. Â This makes my ninth hour of Next Gen as compared with five of the original series and only three of DS9. Â So nobody can tell me I didn't honour the results of the what-show-should-I-do-next poll. Â :D

(PS: My email is finally back now, as is my update mailing list. Â A cumulative letter will be out later today.)[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
09-06-2003, 06:21 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Picard: I'm surprised you don't also have a Scottish engineer on your team.

Picard: Then what shall I tell the Solari factions to go do with themselves?
Data: Riva says....
Picard: Never mind. I understood that one on my own.[/quote:post_uid0]
Great stuff, Marc. I never thought I'd see " :) " in a fiver.

[quote:post_uid0]Riker: I'll see your five and raise forty-two.[/quote:post_uid0]
And he ended up having four sevens? Coincidence?

[quote:post_uid0]Crusher: It's not a rival love interest, is it?
Picard: I'm afraid so, my dear.
Crusher: Nuts. I got two lines![/quote:post_uid0]
I hope that was [i:post_uid0]Beverly[/i:post_uid0] Crusher.

[quote:post_uid0](The Enterprise sails away at Litigious Speed)[/quote:post_uid0]
Great fiver, Zeke.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
09-06-2003, 07:32 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good ones, both of you! :)
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: So much for Riva's confidence in his negotiating skills.
Riker: I know. The surprise left him speechless.[/quote:post_uid0]
Ooo, ow! :lol: (and the blurb, too)
[quote:post_uid0]The crew meets a diplomat who just won't speak his mind, though his chorus won't refrain. Troi tries to help but gets the silent treatment.[/quote:post_uid0] :D
[quote:post_uid0]Worf: What kind of goodbye party is this? Where's the jazz music? Where's the death inflicted by me on the people playing the jazz music?
Riker: (in the doorway with his trombone) Um ... I'll just be turning around then.[/quote:post_uid0]
Okay, so I'm [i:post_uid0]not[/i:post_uid0] the only one who thinks Riker sucks as a trombonist. ;)

(Note to thread title: September)
[[b:post_uid0]ED:[/b:post_uid0] Oh, not [i:post_uid0]again[/i:post_uid0]... Fixed now. Â -Z][/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
09-06-2003, 07:54 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]hehehe the ":)" was the best part. Good fivers you both.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
09-06-2003, 09:46 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Godo work. I loved 'em both. :D

Especially the ":)". ;)

Smileys. Just so, so useful. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
09-06-2003, 10:01 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My favorite parts of Marc's fiver were

[quote:post_uid0]Riva and Intellect: I've already had the great pleasure of meeting her.
Riker: I was hoping you wouldn't phrase it that way.[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Choose one and give us a demonstration. What would be the sign for "happy"?
Data: " :) "
Picard: I'd skip to the next choice if I were you.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Troi: You sound like my high school judo teacher.
Data: I was not aware that you practiced judo, Counselor.
Troi: I used to. I gave it up when I lost a match to a kindergartner.
Data: Riva says, "Perhaps I should handle the negotiations after all."[/quote:post_uid0]
:D Riva isn't [i:post_uid0]that[/i:post_uid0] stupid, huh? ;) Â And the blurb is great, too :D.

I have the feeling I missed a pun other than "poker face" here:
[quote:post_uid0]Riker: Ha! Joke's on you. All I had were four sevens.
Data: Is this why they call it a "Riker face"?[/quote:post_uid0]
"All"? :S [i:post_uid0](edit) OK, I see Derek's explained it. Zeke managed to have his <s>cake</s> pie and eat it too. (/edit)[/i:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Worf: What kind of goodbye party is this? Where's the jazz music? Where's the death inflicted by me on the people playing the jazz music?[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: That sounds like Worf, all right! I got a few kicks out of the last scene too.

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: The question, gentlemen, is whether Data has a soul. I know we enlightened Federation types don't believe in souls, but bear with me, all right? I know Data, and I'm here to tell you he's more than just a machine that mindlessly churns out --
Data: Soul: spirit, animus, quintessence, gypsy curse....
Picard: I'm just going to rest my case now before anything else happens.[/quote:post_uid0]
I loved that scene. That was great![/color:post_uid0]

Marc
09-06-2003, 11:23 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]>> Riker: Let me begin by saying that Data is a good toaster, and one I'm proud to have served with. That said, Data is a toaster -- toaster oven, tops. I will demonstrate this by removing his arm.
Maddox: OWWWWWWWWWW!
Riker: Oh, wait. Data's sitting on that side of the room. <<

I would have loved to see this scene in the TV episode!

>> And the blurb is great, too
The crew meets a diplomat who just won't speak his mind, though his chorus won't refrain. Troi tries to help but gets the silent treatment. <<

This hilarious blurb was provided courtesy of Grandmaster Zeke.

>> Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks Riker sucks as a trombonist. <<

Indeed, if I remember correctly, one of the holographic jazzmen in "11001001" once told Riker something along the lines of, "If I were you, my man, I wouldn't quit my day job." And that was in the *real* episode, not the fiver![/color:post_uid0]

The Squid
09-07-2003, 01:41 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I loved the Missile Toe bit.

[quote:post_uid0]Troi: It's settled. Riva will stay on the planet and teach the Solari sign language.
Riker: How will that bring peace after centuries of war?
Data: Because the two factions will finally learn how to communicate with each other.
Troi: Besides -- have you ever tried holding a gun while using sign language?
Worf: Where I come from, pointing a gun is a form of sign language.
Riker: Worf, has a word for "diplomacy" ever been added to the Klingon language?
Worf: Not yet. The closest equivalent is....
Riker: Forget I asked. I think I'd rather not know.
(The Enterprise sails off at Ludicrous Speed)

[/quote:post_uid0]
That was a great ending scene[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
09-08-2003, 03:09 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Great fivers, both! I enjoyed them muchly, especially the ender scene above *points* :)[/color:post_uid0]