PDA

View Full Version : September 9 - Day 5 of NGW:TNG

Zeke
09-09-2003, 02:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Day five is a big day for Next Gen Week: TNG. Â Not only do we have another great fiver by Marc -- "Conundrum (../nextgen/conundrum.html)" -- but I've done my fourth Next Gen two-parter, "Redemption (../nextgen/redemption.html)," for the occasion. Â This is my surprise for Marc this year, as he knew I was doing "Measure of a Man" but not this one. Â Of course, after last year he probably [i:post_uid0]expected[/i:post_uid0] a surprise, but the one he expected was probably "Descent" since I did the other Borg two-parter last y-- oh, forget it. Â Hope you enjoy both.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
09-09-2003, 04:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]La Forge: Our mission is to enter Lysian space and obliterate their weapons of mass destruction.
Picard: Who issued that order?
Data: Ambassador Krajensky.[/quote:post_uid0]
Yay! DS9 reference!

Great fiver, Marc. I even learned a new word for today: Opprobrious.

[quote:post_uid0]Gowron: (over the comm) Greetings, Federation scum. FEAR MY CREEPY EYES.[/quote:post_uid0]
The mental image I have for this is great.

Great fivers, both.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Picard: Neither can I. Remembrance is futile.
La Forge: Sounds like a case of collective amnesia.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: (reading) "The Lysians have nearly completed the Death Star, a space station with enough firepower to destroy an entire...."
MacDuff: It says "planet."
Picard: Yes, but why are there eraser marks under that word?
MacDuff: Uh -- maybe the report was recently updated.
Picard: (squinting at paper) It looks to me like it originally read "cream puff."
MacDuff: You're imagining things.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: That was a good one!

[quote:post_uid0]Worf: Why would he do so? Did he not believe the current intelligence report on the Lysian weapon program?
MacDuff: Apparently not. He said it reminded him too much of a graduate student thesis he read five years ago.[/quote:post_uid0]
OK, I caught that reference too.

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Is it safe to come in, Worf? I'd like to talk to you, but....
Worf: Relax. I disarmed the deathtraps weeks ago, and we all miss Ensign Westing, but it's time to move on.[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

[quote:post_uid0]Kurn: Worf! If I'd known you were coming I'd have baked a poison cake and eaten it.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heheheh. A traditional affectionate greeting on Qo'noS? ;)

Both good fivers.[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
09-09-2003, 05:23 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]>> This is my surprise for Marc this year, as he knew I was doing "Measure of a Man" but not this one. [...] Hope you enjoy both. <<

Yes indeed!

>> Picard: Gowron, I simply cannot choose sides in a Klingon civil war, no matter how cool my first officer thinks it would be.
Gowron: Look into my eyes and say that.
Picard: All right, but -- whoa. Creepy. Still no, though.
Worf: Captain, we must do something to help Gowron!
Picard: We could provide him with contact lenses.
Worf: That's it, I quit.

Riker: Woohoo! My own role in the civil war! Thank you SO much, sir!
Picard: Put me down! <<

LOL!

>> Guinan: Well, I think there were no children on the ship and no Betazoid counsellor.
Picard: Good Lord, how horrible! <<

There's something strangely familiar about this paragraph -- though perhaps I'm thinking of a different universe.... :)[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
09-09-2003, 05:30 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Romulan: Hey, a hole just opened in the tachyon net. That can't possibly be anything but good.
Sela: Shut up. Let's just blast one of the ships secretly and make our own hole.
Romulan: But there's one right there.
Sela: You're so fired.[/quote:post_uid0]

Why do I picture Sela stuffing that guy into a torpedo tube?

[quote:post_uid0]Gowron: (over the comm) Greetings, Federation scum. FEAR MY CREEPY EYES.

The mental image I have for this is great.
[/quote:post_uid0]

For some reason I can imagine Nan writing it.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
09-09-2003, 06:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Marc"]>> Guinan: Well, I think there were no children on the ship and no Betazoid counsellor.
Picard: Good Lord, how horrible! <<

There's something strangely familiar about this paragraph -- though perhaps I'm thinking of a different universe.... :)[/quote:post_uid0]
Now that you mention it, it does sound almost like it came out of [i:post_uid0]Q-Squared[/i:post_uid0], doesn't it?

;)[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Troi: Something at which you're an expert -- "Love on the Holodeck."
Data: Made in the traditional manner?
Troi: Absolutely.

Worf: Who are all you people?
Ro: Beats me. I can't even recall who I am.
Picard: Neither can I. Remembrance is futile.
La Forge: Sounds like a case of collective amnesia.

Worf: Silence, underling, or I will demote you to five-pip status!

Ro: Mind if I slip into something more comfortable...like your bed?
Riker: That depends. Are you the jealous type?
Ro: That depends. Did you just come from Counselor Troi's quarters?
Riker: Well, uh....
(SLAP!)

Worf: The enemy ships are closing!
Kurn: It's okay, I have a plan. We go in towards that sun... and when they follow us, we hit them with it!
Worf: What? How?
Kurn: I dunno, gravity or something. I'll leave the technical stuff to you.

Picard: Three down. Just 1008 more and I'll have the place to myself.

Worf: You shot him in the back!
Gowron: That'll teach him to question my honour.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:

[quote:post_uid0]Why do I picture Sela stuffing that guy inbo a torpedo tube?[/quote:post_uid0]
So I'm not the only one then?[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
09-09-2003, 06:48 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Marc"][color=#000000:post_uid0]>> Hope you enjoy both. <<

Yes indeed![/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Actually, I was talking to the readers and "both" meant the two fivers published today, but it works the other way too. :)

Anyone wondering what Marc means about the Guinan scene should reread Marc's "Yesterday's Enterprise (../nextgen/yesterdaysenterprise.html)" parody....[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
09-09-2003, 06:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]NAH: [i:post_uid0]Yesterday's Enterprise[/i:post_uid0], actually.

Derek: This [i:post_uid0]has[/i:post_uid0] been a good week for exit-line adjectives, hasn't it? ;)

Marc & Zeke: AAAAAHHH! Too much funny stuff! :D I don't even know where to begin quoting, so I won't, except to say that "the Federation's hot pink machinations" is too good a phrase to use only once.

And for [i:post_uid0]God's[/i:post_uid0] sake, turn the country music down. :p[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
09-09-2003, 10:30 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Worf: May I return to duty, Captain?
Picard: Yes, on one condition.
Worf: Name it.
Picard: Go to your quarters. Disarm the explosives on the door. Empty the vats of liquid nitrogen. Dismantle the flaming bat'telh wheel. Release the Klingon alligators into the wild. And for God's sake, turn the country music down.[/quote:post_uid0]

*rolls on the ground, laughing*

Ah, good times.

[quote:post_uid0]For some reason I can imagine Nan writing it.[/quote:post_uid0]
A Romulan with a decent level of competency. ;)

[quote:post_uid0]OK, I caught that reference too.[/quote:post_uid0]
I was wondering if anyone else would. Bravo, Marc. The obscurity is DELIGHTFUL. :D

Heh heh heh, student thesis. Heh heh heh.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
09-10-2003, 01:03 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:howls:

:wipes eyes:

:howls:

FEAR MY CREEPY EYES. FEAR THEM.

Sa'ar's right, it's totally Nan :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
09-13-2003, 01:39 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]FEAR MY CREEPY EYES.[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Fear my Baguette of Thwapping! FEAR IT![/quote:post_uid0]

Then again...[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
09-13-2003, 03:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I only learn from the greatest. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
09-13-2003, 04:30 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]For the record, I wasn't thinking of Taya's sig when I came up with the Gowron gag, nor was Nan's work on my mind... if anybody, I was ripping off Triangle & Robert (http://tr.xidus.net/tr26.gif).[/color:post_uid0]