PDA

View Full Version : October 6

Kira
10-07-2003, 02:33 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Kira here. Â Today's update is a double bill from yours truly: Five-Minute "The Price (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/nextgen/theprice.html)," which I started nearly two years ago, and my second venture into the Original Series, Five-Minute "The Lights of Zetar (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/startrek/thelightsofzetar.html)."

Also, a reminder to everyone to hit Zeke with a stick; you'll notice he used the word "tomorrow" in yesterday's update.[/color:post_uid0]

Tate
10-07-2003, 03:10 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]*Gets out a stick and hits Zeke*
Sorry about that, Zeke, but you said to.

Now that that's over with, I especially liked
[quote:post_uid0]Goss: (on viewscreen) I demand that, um... line?
Ral: Your offer be taken seriously.
Goss: Yes, that you take our offer seriously! If you refuse, I will, um... line?
Ral: Fire at the wormhole.
Goss: I will fire at the wormhole!
Picard: Hm... something is suspicious here, but what? [/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:

Great job Kira.[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
10-07-2003, 03:11 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That was a brilliant Fiver for [b:post_uid0]"The Lights of Zetar"[/b:post_uid0] Kira!
:bigsmile:
[b:post_uid0]Sulu:[/b:post_uid0] (over the comm) We'll see who has the last laugh
when I save your butt in Star Trek VI.
Well I sure had the last laugh when I read that line!
Except for when I read [i:post_uid0]this[/i:post_uid0] one...

[b:post_uid0]Scotty:[/b:post_uid0] It's [i:post_uid0]over?[/i:post_uid0] But where's the gel? Where's the
cheesecake?
:D
Very true, Mr. Scott. An episode of TOS that features a
hot Lieutenant but no cheesecake make me want to chant
the words, "Ieday umanshay ieday."
:eyeroll:
And I also really enjoyed the lettuce joke!
[b:post_uid0]*enormous applause*[/b:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
10-07-2003, 03:42 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Spock: It appears to be a storm of big flashy lights, Captain.
Kirk: Wait, I've seen this one. We touch it and get taken to a paradise where time stands still and there's a lot of wood to chop, right?[/quote:post_uid0]

I really liked that bit for some reason.

[quote:post_uid0]Romaine: Look, can I go already? All you've done is stand there going "Hmm" for the past forty-five minutes.
McCoy: Sorry, Lieutenant, Captain's orders.
Romaine: He ordered me kept in Sickbay?
McCoy: He ordered you kept away from Mr. Scott.[/quote:post_uid0]

*znerk*

[quote:post_uid0]Scotty: All right, lass, lettuce get you in the chamber. Get it? "Lettuce"? And her name is Rom--OW!
Kirk: Thanks.
"Romaine": Don't mention it.[/quote:post_uid0]

Sebastian: Have you ever been inquisited before?
Delenn: No.
Sebastian: Then I think you'll find it [i:post_uid0]ex[/i:post_uid0]quisite.
Delenn: That was horrible! Give me that cane! *ZAP*

INMAABTJSAF :p[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
10-07-2003, 04:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Troi: Will seems quite jealous. He'll kill you if you try anything. [/quote:post_uid0]
:snicker:
[quote:post_uid0]Kirk: Damage report, Mr. Spock.
Spock: The memory core has been irreparably damaged.
Kirk: Oh no! What about all the information it contained?
Spock: I believe Starfleet has a backup of most of the library's knowledge.
Kirk: Most?
Spock: Historical data on the mid-22nd century has been lost.
Kirk: Oh, that's okay. Nothing important happened then.
------------
Kirk: Oh. Well, open hailing frequencies, then. (ahem) "Greetings, little worms --"
Spock: Captain, that is not the standard Starfleet message.
Kirk: I know. I found it in the Memory Alpha database.
[/quote:post_uid0]
Heh heh heh.

And is it just me, or has Sulu been getting a little uppity of late? ;)[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
10-07-2003, 07:29 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]...is it just me, or has Sulu been getting a little uppity of late?[/quote:post_uid0]

I've been wondering the same thing, actually...

Hilarious continuity nods in both fivers, Kira! Â :D Â But as for Zeke, I'll go with my son's newfound grace and "hit gently", as Junior puts it. *tap* Â ;)[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
10-07-2003, 09:50 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Computer: Deanna Troi. Species: Half betazoid, half human. Rank: lieutenant. Current assignment: counsellor and stater of the obvious, U.S.S. Enterprise. Current love interest: Devinoni Ral.
Troi: I hate it when that thing does my job for me.

Troi: Don't you find it odd that I can't sense anything from you?
Ral: No, but I sense that you find it odd.
Troi: Yes, I do... HEY! How did you know that?
Ral: I, er, I was just stating the obvious.
Troi: Oh, okay... HEY! Stating the obvious? You're part Betazoid!
Ral: Nuts.

Spock: I believe Starfleet has a backup of most of the library's knowledge.
Kirk: Most?
Spock: Historical data on the mid-22nd century has been lost.
Kirk: Oh, that's okay. Nothing important happened then.

Kirk: We'll have to have a controlled environment. We can use that piece of antique technology we brought aboard last week.
Scotty: You don't mean....
Kirk: Yes -- the decon chamber.
Scotty: Objection withdrawn.

"Romaine": We require your corporeal bodies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Kirk: You call that a slogan? That will never catch on.[/quote:post_uid0]

Great fivers, Kira! :)

I don't have a stick with me right now. Will a keyboard do? :p[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
10-07-2003, 12:23 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nice fivers, Kira. Glad to see you finally finished "The Price".[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
10-07-2003, 02:33 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Picard: I'd like you to meet our guests for the episode. This is our token diplomat, this is our token victim of a nefarious plot, this is our token weird alien --[/quote:post_uid0]
Heeheehee. Always good to see those who overuse devices get their comeuppance. :D

[quote:post_uid0]La Forge: I sure hope this works. What if we get stranded on the other side of the wormhole and we're stuck in this shuttle?
Data: Then we will become intoxicated and debate the finer points of Counsellor Troi's figure.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heheh.

[quote:post_uid0]Riker: ...and that's the Federation bid on the wormhole.
Premier Bhavani: That's your bid? All you did was empty your pocket lint onto the conference table.
Ral: And fine pocket lint it is. But the Chrysalians have something better to offer.
Riker: And that is...?
Ral: More pocket lint. But this is the peaceful, non-aggressive kind.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: Very funny. That and the guy asking for his lines were my favorite parts of this one.

[quote:post_uid0]Spock: I do not know to what you are referring, Captain. I suspect that these are the lights of the planet Zetar.
Kirk: For the last time, Spock, that's not deduction, that's cheating.[/quote:post_uid0]
I agree with Kirk.

[quote:post_uid0]Spock: Historical data on the mid-22nd century has been lost.
Kirk: Oh, that's okay. Nothing important happened then.[/quote:post_uid0]
LOL! Kira's got it [i:post_uid0]all[/i:post_uid0] figured out! :D[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
10-07-2003, 03:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My favourites in this one are the pocket lint part, and this bit:

[quote:post_uid0]Troi: So, how about some female bonding? I've got a new boyfriend.
Crusher: Why is it you only feel the urge to bond with me when you've got something to brag about?
Troi: Hey, it's not my fault you never get any action. [/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Kristina"][quote:post_uid0]...is it just me, or has Sulu been getting a little uppity of late?[/quote:post_uid0]

I've been wondering the same thing, actually...[/quote:post_uid0]

Well, he is pretty much a combination of Troi and Mayweather, though of course he does finally get a decent role in [i:post_uid0]STVI[/i:post_uid0]. Which is good.

Oh, and the fivers were good too. I've finally got time to read them you see - my laptop is back on the net at long last.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
10-07-2003, 06:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Sa'ar posted:
INMAABTJSAF Â :p[/quote:post_uid0]

(GASP) [i:post_uid0]Where did you learn that acronym?[/i:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Kira
10-07-2003, 07:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:eyeroll: Obviously, [i:post_uid0]neither[/i:post_uid0] of you have learned it.

INMAABBDTJSF: "I'm Not Making Any Accusations, But Boy Does That Joke Sound Familiar."[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ahhhh.

The only one I can ever remember is TANSTAAFL - anyone get the reference?[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I knew the spelling was off -- I just want to know how he got it at all.[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Little bird told me...[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Tweet tweet.

[quote:post_uid0="NAHTMMM"][quote:post_uid0]Spock: Historical data on the mid-22nd century has been lost.
Kirk: Oh, that's okay. Nothing important happened then.[/quote:post_uid0]
LOL! Kira's got it [i:post_uid0]all[/i:post_uid0] figured out! :D[/quote:post_uid0]
Heheheh... yeah, I just about busted a lung laughing when I had that idea. Â And hey -- it [i:post_uid0]does[/i:post_uid0] explain a heck of a lot....[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It's either this, or the Alternate Universe theory. Take your pick. :D[/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
10-07-2003, 09:14 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Zeke"]I knew the spelling was off -- I just want to know how he got it at all.[/quote:post_uid0]
Probably from the [b:post_uid0]Memory Alpha[/b:post_uid0] database, before
all those pretty lights invaded and erased the info.[/color:post_uid0]

Celeste
10-07-2003, 09:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Ral: Well, I guess this is goodbye then. Are you sure things couldn't work out between us?
Troi: Will seems quite jealous. He'll kill you if you try anything.[/quote:post_uid0]

Heheh. The Secret Diaries reference. Great Job Kira![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
10-08-2003, 12:47 AM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Ahhhh.

The only one I can ever remember is TANSTAAFL - anyone get the reference?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch."

Shows up in Heinlein with some regularity. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That's the one. I'm only really starting to get into Heinlein, but so far I'm loving it.[/color:post_uid0]