PDA

View Full Version : October 7

Zeke
10-07-2003, 11:17 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Zeke here. Â I've got a real treat for you today: Five-Minute [i:post_uid0]The Fellowship of the Ring[/i:post_uid0] (../scifivers/thefellowshipofthering.html). Â This one's been waiting nearly two years, and this time the fault is purely mine, as it's almost unchanged from first draft... yes, I've been [i:post_uid0]that[/i:post_uid0] bad with email response times. Â Fortunately, BR48 is a patient guy -- and, you'll find, a very funny one. Â Dig in.

In defense of my use of "tomorrow" yesterday, I knew Ki's fivers were ready to go, and with her in charge of the update, I was pretty confident it would be on time. Â However, I [i:post_uid0]did[/i:post_uid0] say it, so I appreciate the various stick-beatings I've now received. Â I'm going to cancel that request now because it's hard to talk about the next day's updates without the word "tomorrow." Â ::: hums "Tomorrow" by Avril Lavigne :::

(By the way, you can go here (http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB28&Number=1895941) for a sneak peek at my next [i:post_uid0]Enterprise[/i:post_uid0] fiver.)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
10-07-2003, 11:50 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Tom Bombadil: Hey! Don't leave me! Oh well, back to my songs... now where did I put that Céline Dion album...
Frodo: And you wonder why they left you out of the movie.[/quote:post_uid0]
Whee! Another Celine Dion slam! :D

[quote:post_uid0]Merry: Now that we've got this evil ring, and we're being chased by a bunch of super-powerful undead, there's only one thing to do.
Sam: Get drunk?
Merry: Precisely.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: :lol: My favorite scene out of the fiver.

[quote:post_uid0]Strider: Don't worry. They'll ignore us until they consider us a threat.[/quote:post_uid0]
:smile: I liked that bit.

[quote:post_uid0]Galadriel: What do you see in my mirror?
Frodo: I need a hair cut.
Galadriel: Anything else?
Frodo: I dunno... something about doom. I wasn't really paying attention.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heehee. Funny stuff, and well worth the wait.[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
10-08-2003, 12:08 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Gandalf: Fool of a Brandybuck!
Merry: It wasn't me.
Gandalf: Sorry, I can't tell you two apart.[/quote:post_uid0]
Heh. Good fiver, BR48.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
10-08-2003, 01:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Wow, that's some serious compression!

[quote:post_uid0]Merry: Now that we've got this evil ring, and we're being chased by a bunch of super-powerful undead, there's only one thing to do.
Sam: Get drunk?
Merry: Precisely. [/quote:post_uid0]
Captures the essence of that scene perfectly.
[quote:post_uid0]Saruman: Welcome to the flashback. I'm the guy that captured Gandalf while you guys were in Bree. I've gone over to the dark side, and I'm breeding my own special orcs.
Eagle: Although I'm sure you're a really impressive wizard and stuff, I'm still gonna rescue Gandalf.
Saruman: Stupid moths. [/quote:post_uid0]
:D
[quote:post_uid0]Boromir: I think I'll try to steal that ring now.
Frodo: Good luck stealing it when I'm invisible.
Boromir: Fine then. I'll just have an epiphany instead.
Uruk-Hai: Go right ahead, but we're still going to kill you. [/quote:post_uid0]
Also a good distillation.

And finally,
[quote:post_uid0]DISCLAIMER: No copyright infringement intended to rule them all, no copyright infringement intended to find them, no copyright infringement intended to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. [/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Tate
10-08-2003, 02:32 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Strider: I'm really Aragorn, heir of Isildur. Unfortunately, all I get is this lousy broken sword. [/quote:post_uid0]
:) I might use that as my signature. It'll go with my avatar.

[quote:post_uid0]Merry: Just make with the gifts already.
Galadriel: Sorry, that was in the book. In the movie, I only give Frodo this cool shiny thing.[/quote:post_uid0]
Galadriel obviously hasn't seen the Extended Edition yet.

[quote:post_uid0]Gandalf: Fool of a Brandybuck!
Merry: It wasn't me.
Gandalf: Sorry, I can't tell you two apart. [/quote:post_uid0]
It's easy to tell them apart! See, Pippin has dark curly hair and speaks with somewhat of an Irish accent, and Merry is, uh, different, yeah. It'll get really easy in ROTK; Pippin rides with Gandalf to Minas Tirith, and Merry stays behind with the Rohirrim.

Anyway, great fiver BR48.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Celine Dion is EVIL.

That is all.[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
10-08-2003, 02:20 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Merry and Pippin: Hi.
Frodo: Hmm. Gandalf did say I should bring some trustworthy companions on this journey....
Merry: Oh. Bye then.
Sam: Not so fast.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:

Another wonderful thing is that this fiver fit something in that the three-hour movie missed: Tom Bombadil. Although not totally essential to the story, he could have had some repercussion later. But a Celine Dion slam is always nice ;)

Zeke, maybe you could persuade IJD GAF to let you do a take on the TOS episode "Tomorrow Is Yesterday"? [ducks][/color:post_uid0]

Standback
10-08-2003, 03:01 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Nice fiver, BR48! After all the people moaning about how FotR couldn't possibly been jammed into 3 measly hours, you've gone and done it in five minutes!

[quote:post_uid0]I'm going to cancel that request now because it's hard to talk about the next day's updates without the word "tomorrow." [/quote:post_uid0]

No, no. You just need to get on the ball a day or two ahead of time. "Two days from now, you can expect..."
And then you can go back and change the number if you get it wrong.[/color:post_uid0]

taya17
10-10-2003, 09:51 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]LotR fiver! [b:post_uid0]Whoop whoop![/b:post_uid0] :dances around singing a happy tune, then realizes her sides are still aching from giggling too hard:

Frodo Underpants, sneheheh. Nice job, Br48![/color:post_uid0]