PDA

View Full Version : October 31

Zeke
11-01-2003, 05:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]

Happy Hallowe'en! We at 5MV decided to do a mini-event for the occasion: each of the staffers picked an appropriate episode. Here are the first three:
<ul> DS9's "Empok Nor (../ds9/empoknor.html)," by Derek;
TNG's "Aquiel (../nextgen/aquiel.html)," by Marc Richard (he hates this one and did it anyway, just for you -- don't you feel special?); and
[i:post_uid0]Angel[/i:post_uid0]'s "Rm w/a Vu (../scifivers/rmwavu.html)," by Kira (her first [i:post_uid0]Angel[/i:post_uid0], and I hope the first of many).[/list]
Don't go away! IJD and I have contributions too, and I think they'll surprise you. Drop by tomorrow morning for the conclusion of 5MV's Hallowe'en party.

(PS: Happy birthday to forumgoers Celeste and Standback.)

(PPS: This update was made in a hurry and is thus incomplete. No need to point out the prev/next links that haven't been changed yet, etc. -- I'll patch it all up tomorrow.)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
11-01-2003, 01:22 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That many fruit related puns in a fiver should be illegal.[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
11-01-2003, 02:47 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]"Empok Nor" takes the concept of pun density to such impressive new extremes that a spoonful of it would probably sink to the centre of this planet from its own weight. :)

My favourite part from "Room With A View," for obvious reasons:

Phantom Maude: Wooooo! Booga booga!
Cordelia: A ghost going "booga booga"? Yeah, that's original.
Phantom Maude: You try haunting people for fifty years and coming up with new material.

Nice work both. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
11-01-2003, 04:17 PM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]That many fruit related puns in a fiver should be illegal.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I agree. But it's been a long week for me and I haven't had the time to come up with good jokes, so I settled for bad jokes.

Marc, great fiver in spite of the episode (never been found of "Aquiel" myself). Funny to see we both made references to "Booby Trap."

Kira, nice fiver. You've got the Ghostbusters song stuck in my head though.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
11-01-2003, 07:18 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]O'Brien: We need to search the station for parts, so let's make like a banana and split.
Garak: I don't find bananas very appealing.
O'Brien: Well, if you want we could turn off the gravity so we could make like a root beer and float.
Boq'ta: Don't touch that! It's probably something scary like ectoplasm or LDS.
Garak: What's so scary about Mormons?[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

[quote:post_uid0]O'Brien: The poor king, he got a stale mate.[/quote:post_uid0]
That and the music jokes were my favorite parts.

[quote:post_uid0]Garak: Oh don't worry. I doubt you'll be reigning on my promenade.[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

[quote:post_uid0]Aquiel: Yes, we've been inseparable ever since I found her wandering around an isolated Arctic research station whose personnel had all mysteriously died.
Aquiel: It wasn't on purpose! I just accidentally leaned against the wrong button and erased seventeen minutes of the recording he made!
La Forge: Do you seriously think anyone's going to believe an excuse like that?
Aquiel: If it can happen to Richard Nixon's secretary, it can happen to anyone.[/quote:post_uid0]
:smile: Heehee.

[quote:post_uid0]Cordy's Cockroaches: Do cockroaches make sounds?[/quote:post_uid0]
:smile: Funny. And "Cordy's Cockroaches" ought to be the name of a store or something.
[quote:post_uid0]Angel: We brought you a housewarming pres... what happened in here?
Cordelia: I'm just... disorganized.
Doyle: Your possessions are flying across the room.
Cordelia: I'm... practicing my telekinetic juggling.
Doyle: The wall has "DIE" written on it in blood.
Cordelia: That's... because I'm going to knock it down.
Phantom Maude: NO! You're nothing but a worthless piece of trash!
Cordelia: (sob) It's so true!
Phantom Maude: And your hair looks hideous.
Cordelia: That's it. You're going down.

Cordelia: Die, wall that I dislike! DIEDIEDIE -- hey, there's a skeleton in here. Well, that's definitely got to go.[/quote:post_uid0]
:D Funny stuff, all around.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
11-03-2003, 06:19 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Derek, the exchange between Sisko and O'Brien before the mission reminded me of a Buffy quote I used to see in someone's sig:

Giles: Mist. Cemetery. Halloween. Should end well.

Also:
[quote:post_uid0]Garak: What's so scary about Mormons?
[/quote:post_uid0]
Plenty, actually. :lol:

Liked the music jokes, too.
[quote:post_uid0]Riker: A phaser set on level 10?
Aquiel: I like [i:post_uid0]really[/i:post_uid0] strong coffee, okay?
Heh heh heh.
[quote:post_uid0]Cordelia: And this apartment will in no way reference the titular novel?
[i:post_uid0]That[/i:post_uid0] would be scary. ;)

And happy birthday to Celeste and Standback, a little late. :)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I was wondering - are we going to see more fivers of horror movies? Or is this just going to be a Halloween thing?[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]The way I see it, [i:post_uid0]The Ring[/i:post_uid0] is juuuuust close enough to sf to fit into 5MSF. (There are certainly sf elements to the story, especially in some of the later Japanese films.) We won't be doing straight-out horror films as a rule; I made an exception for this one mainly because I'm a big fan.[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
11-05-2003, 12:12 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Still, it would make a cool annual Halloween event - as I see it, there are enough SF/horror films to do so (even if most of them are a bit rubbish). Personally, I'd just love to see [i:post_uid0]The Thing[/i:post_uid0] fived.

EDIT: All the ones! Wa-hay![/color:post_uid0]