PDA

View Full Version : November 1

Zeke
11-02-2003, 05:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]

For the conclusion of our Hallowe'en event, here are my and IJD GAF's contributions:
<ul> [i:post_uid0]Alien[/i:post_uid0] (../scifivers/alien.html), by IJD, bringing him up to the 47-fiver mark (congrats!). Â This is the first of multiple [i:post_uid0]Alien[/i:post_uid0] fivers IJD plans to do. Â And....
[i:post_uid0]The Ring[/i:post_uid0] (../scifivers/thering.html), by me. Â This was the most successful horror film in years, and it sure succeeded with me... I wrote the fiver partly to see if it'll make me less terrified of the darn thing. Â Hope you enjoy the result of that effort.[/list]

And that brings our little celebration to an end. Â I'll post some wrapup stuff tomorrow. Â Have a spooky night, all.

(PS: I forgot to pimp Nan's latest comic at Working Title (http://workingtitle.keenspace.com/) yesterday. Â It's the first of a three-parter; go read it.)[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
11-02-2003, 01:30 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I haven't read the fivers (as I haven't yet seen the films), but I was wondering: is it the original Japanese version of The Ring? Or is it the American version?[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
11-02-2003, 02:37 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]>> bringing him up to the 47-fiver mark (congrats!) <<

Congratulations!

>> Dallas: Alright, so what do we have for weapons?
Brett: This waffle iron will crush anything within a few inches from the hinge.
Parker: This butterfly net can catch anything lighter than five pounds without substantial ripping.
Ash: I have this freaky noise-maker which will startle anything in the room.
Dallas: That's all we've got guys? We don't have anything more... intimidating?
Ash: Relax, the creature is just an infant. I bet we could catch him with a three pound butterfly net. <<

Heheheh....

>> Cursed Video: Random streeeeeeaaaaaaammmmm-ooooofffff-cccccooooonnnn...
Rachel: Slow motion is cool. Hey, rewind to that bit.
Cursed Video: noc-fo-maetrs
Rachel: Pause it there.
Cursed Video: s
Rachel: Now scroll it over to the right like videotapes shouldn't be capable of doing.
Cursed Video: How the hell do I translate that? <<

An excellent question. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
11-02-2003, 07:04 PM
[quote:post_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000:post_uid0]is it the original Japanese version of The Ring? Or is it the American version?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It's the American version, but there are several references to the Japanese version, some blatant and some subtle.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
11-02-2003, 09:08 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Kane: No, it's okay. They don't match the poster art so I should be finnnmmmMMPPHH!
Brett: This waffle iron will crush anything within a few inches from the hinge.
Parker: This butterfly net can catch anything lighter than five pounds without substantial ripping.
Ash: I have this freaky noise-maker which will startle anything in the room.
Ash's Fried Robotic Head: What? I thought it was clear. The company wants you to bring the lifeform back so it can make foolish biological weapons.
Ripley: That's believable. And what happens when the United Planets goes in to find these weapons?
Ash: They'll be hidden inside human hosts. The war will be considered unsuccessful and the company will get UP aid after the war.
Ripley: Ingenious![/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: Funny stuff.

[quote:post_uid0]Phone: RING.
Katie: Hold me.
Becca: Why don't I just put the phone on hold?
Katie: Oh. That could work too.
Samara: That's right. I'm coming for you... I'M COMI--
(WHUMP)
Samara: Ow! Do you have to keep your TV so far off the ground? That hurt!
Katie's TV: I know.
Rachel: Well, I didn't ask you.
Katie's TV: I'm creepy. Woooooooo....[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol: :lol:
[quote:post_uid0]Cabin TV: Oh, nobody in particular, just SUCKER PUNCH!
Rachel: Whoaaaaaaaaaa!
Cabin TV: Wha-ha. I'm the creepiest.
Samara: That's right. I've come for you. I'VE COME FOR -- dude! I'm huge! Your big-screen TV rocks!
Noah: Yeah, isn't it great? One of the perks of this job. I can hook you up with some surround sound for your video if you want.[/quote:post_uid0]
Lots of silly stuff in there too. :D[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
11-03-2003, 04:38 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Happy 47, IJD. :)
[quote:post_uid0]Ash: My preciousss [i:post_uid0]ALIEN[/i:post_uid0]. It shall be ours!.
------------
Alien: Meow.
Jones: Pfft, poser....
[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

Liked the disclaimer, too.
[quote:post_uid0]Samara: .... she's livin' la vida loca ... she will -- oops. Not on hold this time. SEVEN DAYS.
------------
Rachel: Dammit, that's the nineteenth suicide my presence has caused this month! I've got to stop wearing this perfume.
------------
Delivery boy: Package for you, sir.
Eminem: Huh ... a videotape?
[/quote:post_uid0]
You know, Z, I'm getting the impression you don't like Eminem. ;)

Good ones, both of you![/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Is it just me, or is the News page a little wonky?[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
11-03-2003, 06:16 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It's not you.[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
11-03-2003, 07:02 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]It is now.[/color:post_uid0]

Anonymous
11-05-2003, 01:05 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]An advance apology for going off-topic, Zekey.

Start Deviation From Topic Here-->

Some slight formatting issues with that comic. I have to redo WT with CSS. Plus, my monitor is TOO dark: on my computer, the evil Pumpkin Queen/me is mostly black.

Bugger.

Plus, the server was screwing up and I didn't have time to test anything, and then I had to leave for my sister's (where I am now), so the comics will be delayed by several days, but they'll appear to be on time by date. I'm a revisionist historian, what can I say.

And yes, my blog is down. I'll be looking into alternative hosting when I get home. For those inclined to know the status of various Nan stuff, I'll post relevant updates on my upsaid account. When I have time. At least 4-5 hours of tomorrow will go to travelling home.

<--End deviation from topic.

Really liked the Ring fiver. Now I understand the plot of the movie, sorta. ;)

And kudos to IJD GAF, Marc, Derek and Kira too! Great stuff, guys! :D

Mmm... fivers...[/color:post_uid0]