PDA

View Full Version : December 2

Kira
12-03-2003, 02:20 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Kira here. Â Just in time to get us all into the holiday spirit, IJD GAF brings us Five-Minute [i:post_uid0]Aliens[/i:post_uid0] (http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/scifivers/aliens.html).

It's not a coincidence that the fiver is being published today, either: the "quadrilogy" of [i:post_uid0]Alien[/i:post_uid0] movies was released on DVD today. Â I've been instructed to pass along IJD's assurances that these rank among the best DVDs, like, ever. Â Maybe if you're nice, they'll end up in your Christmas stocking instead of that lump of coal you got last year.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
12-03-2003, 04:26 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Investigator: Yeah, we measure sanity in kiloloons now.

Burke: Shoot anything with lines.
Newt:
Burke: Clever girl.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:

Funny stuff, IJD. :)[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
12-03-2003, 03:55 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I liked the kiloloons part too.

[quote:post_uid0]Apone: All right everyone; disperse, flank, provide cover, and other Marine-like stuff.
Hudson: But the real marines are given clear, direct orders, sir.
Apone: Semper Fi, Lieutenant.
Hudson: Are you sure you know what that means?
Apone: Yes! Now Semper Fi the hell up and get to work! [/quote:post_uid0]

LOL![/color:post_uid0]

FatMatDuhRat
12-06-2003, 06:34 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Placing [b:post_uid0]David Fincher[/b:post_uid0] at the end of the Fiver
was a very nice touch.
:D
And it's true what Hudson says about Paul Reiser,
the man truly is quite evil. [b:post_uid0]*shudders*[/b:post_uid0]

[b:post_uid0]Apone:[/b:post_uid0] All the characters left out of the fiver are dead!

That line was great! It's also an excellent way to
keep the Fiver moving forward nice and fast.
:lol:
I also liked those dreams Ripley kept waking up from,
and the jokes about Newt's name weren't too bad.

[b:post_uid0]Herr Gaf[/b:post_uid0], are you going to write the Fiver for the third
Alien movie next? I only ask because that one was my
favorite from the series. The fourth movie was a bit
too gross, but [b:post_uid0]Winona Ryder[/b:post_uid0] was very cool in it.[/color:post_uid0]

ijdgaf
12-10-2003, 05:50 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'll be doing all four, eventually.

Alien3's your favorite? Holy crap, mine too! Most people *hate* it, but I just absolutely love the style and the concepts. I don't think it's the best, but it's my favorite to watch.

And I absolutely loathe Resurrection. Even Ryder is annoying in that one. She may be a good actress in some things, but not that. The only cool part in the movie is the underwater chase scene. The rest is painful.

*shudders at thought of watching it again to five it*

<g>[/color:post_uid0]