PDA

View Full Version : February 13

Zeke
02-13-2004, 04:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]

Here's the third Next Gen fiver in a mere two weeks: Marc Richard's treatment of the classic "I, Borg (../nextgen/iborg.html)."[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
02-13-2004, 05:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Data: Sir, I am picking up an automated signal from the moon ahead of us.
Picard: What does it say?
Data: It is a single repeating word. I cannot decipher it, but it resembles the pseudo-Swedish dialect used by a certain culinary artist once featured on twentieth-century Earth television.[/quote:post_uid0]

Bork Bork Bork!

Hehehehehehe.

Mock-Swedish is funny.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
02-13-2004, 05:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Riker: True. I just have trouble imagining what a blonde Borg would look like.[/quote:post_uid0]
*snerk*

[quote:post_uid0]La Forge: Hugh reminds me of a teddy bear I used to have. He's just a big softie at heart.

La Forge: I disguised it as an election-year campaign leaflet. It promises to cut taxes and balance the budget while eliminating the national debt and increasing public spending.[/quote:post_uid0]
:D Plus lots of other funny little bits.[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
02-13-2004, 06:51 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Great fiver, I think this is one of my favourite NGs so far.

[quote:post_uid0]Riker: Doctor, we have to get out of here. The Borg always come back to collect their .
Crusher: But he's not ! He's just resting!
Worf: He looks to me.
Crusher: It's probably because he's pining for the Collective.[/quote:post_uid0]
heh, love Monty Python :D

[quote:post_uid0]Troi: Having a Borg on the ship could be stressful for you.
Picard: I can handle the situation perfectly well, thank you very much.
Troi: But your earlier assimilation may still be affecting you. Are you sure you wouldn't like to book a counseling session?
Picard: Insistence is futile. [/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: Exactly. For a brief moment, they will discover how wonderful it is to be a free-thinking individual.
Riker: Good idea.
Data: I concur.
La Forge: So do I.
Troi: Me too.
Crusher: Count me in.
Worf: Agreed. [/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0](Hugh beams down to the planet at Conscientious Speed) [/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Derek
02-13-2004, 12:31 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Riker: Good idea.
Data: I concur.
La Forge: So do I.
Troi: Me too.
Crusher: Count me in.
Worf: Agreed.[/quote:post_uid0]
Hilarious! Great fiver, Marc.[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab
02-13-2004, 01:50 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]yeah, Marc, great fiver! I loved it...especially the BonC moments... ;)[/color:post_uid0]

SCMoll
02-13-2004, 09:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Very good!

[quote:post_uid0]Riker: True. I just have trouble imagining what a blonde Borg would look like.[/quote:post_uid0]
I especially liked the bits about the Borg virus:

[quote:post_uid0]La Forge: That depends on how good their security protocols are. Do you think they could be fooled into opening an unsolicited message attachment?
Picard: If we make the subject line enticing enough, yes.[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]La Forge: In other words, think of it as a weapon of mass distraction.
Crusher: What you're proposing is immoral!
Picard: Doctor, we are at war with a ruthless enemy who means to end human life as we know it! We are justified in resorting to genocide in order to survive.
Crusher: Even if it means breaking the Federation's own anti-spamming laws?
Picard: As one of my illustrious predecessors would have put it, "whatever it takes, Trip."
Crusher: Don't call me Trip.[/quote:post_uid0]
[quote:post_uid0]Picard: It looks harmless enough. How does it work?
La Forge: I disguised it as an election-year campaign leaflet. It promises to cut taxes and balance the budget while eliminating the national debt and increasing public spending.[/quote:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
02-13-2004, 11:08 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Woo! Borg, dead parrots and e-mail viruses - in other words a classic Marc fiver. Brilliant stuff![/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
02-13-2004, 11:44 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I concur. Brilliant stuff. We're all free thinkers too. Just like in the Life of Brian: "Yes, we are all individuals!"[/color:post_uid0]

dsbs
02-13-2004, 11:49 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Scooter"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I concur. Brilliant stuff. We're all free thinkers too. Just like in the Life of Brian: "Yes, we are all individuals!"[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]ah that was pure brilliance.
"We're all different!"
"I'm not"

And so was this fiver.[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
02-14-2004, 12:31 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Just like in the Life of Brian: "Yes, we are all individuals!" [/quote:post_uid0]

There was a similar joke in an old Hagar the Horrible cartoon in which he's sitting in a tavern drinking beer and muttering that the current state of civilization depresses him. He then pounds the table with his fist and declares that "The Vikings are the last independent men left on Earth!" All around him, dozens of other Vikings with beer mugs pound their tables with their fists and shout "Yeah! Yeah!" in agreement.

The reference to the Section 31 anti-Founder virus and to Voyager's "Child's Play" almost didn't make it into the fiver because I didn't notice the parallels with the paradox virus until I was halfway through the episode. Come to think of it, I completely forgot about Janeway's anti-Species 8472 bioweapon, or the anti-Borg virus in "Infinite Regress," or the anti-Borg virus at the end of "Endgame." (Sheesh, who would have guessed that Voyager would play so often with biowarfare in its storylines?)[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Marc"][color=#000000:post_uid0](Sheesh, who would have guessed that Voyager would play so often with biowarfare in its storylines?)[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Actually, since [i:post_uid0]Voyager[/i:post_uid0]'s premise involved biotechnology -- the new bioneural gelpacks -- it would have been a reasonable guess. Between this series, [i:post_uid0]Farscape[/i:post_uid0], [i:post_uid0]Babylon 5[/i:post_uid0], [i:post_uid0]Andromeda[/i:post_uid0], and [i:post_uid0]Lexx[/i:post_uid0], it's almost a relief nowadays to see a show whose main ship ISN'T somehow alive.[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli
02-16-2004, 12:50 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Marc"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Â (Sheesh, who would have guessed that Voyager would play so often with biowarfare in its storylines?)[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]At least now we know who stole Iraq`s weapons of mass destruction. I personally thought it was Porthos.

[quote:post_uid0]La Forge: In other words, think of it as a weapon of mass distraction.
Crusher: What you're proposing is immoral!
Picard: Doctor, we are at war with a ruthless enemy who means to end human life as we know it! We are justified in resorting to genocide in order to survive.
Crusher: Even if it means breaking the Federation's own anti-spamming laws?
Picard: As one of my illustrious predecessors would have put it, "whatever it takes, Trip."
Crusher: Don't call me Trip.[/quote:post_uid0]

LOL! Brilliant stuff! Agreed! I concur! :D :D

Marc, you have outdone yourself. I thought the "Sins of the Father" fiver was insanely hilarious, but this one is even funnier![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
02-19-2004, 07:09 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Quotes: Darn near everything

Great job, Marc! A grin from start to finish. :bigsmile:[/color:post_uid0]