PDA

View Full Version : March 12

Zeke
03-13-2004, 05:07 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Finally, a new fiver! Sa'ar Chasm makes his sixth contribution to 5MV with Deep Space Nine's "Sanctuary (../ds9/sanctuary.html)." This is a really good one, and he's been waiting four months for me to publish it, so lots of comments, hmm?[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
03-13-2004, 05:52 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]In the words of the Skreeans (according to the closed captioning), "Wow! Far out!" :)[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
03-13-2004, 06:05 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]A good one it is, and rife with references, allusions and pop-culture gibberish. :p

Favorite quote:
[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Haneek:[/b:post_uid0] Welcome, you poor, tired flaking masses yearning to breathe without someone else's elbow in your face. You're now free from cruel oppression and mindless bureaucracy.
[b:post_uid0]Odo:[/b:post_uid0] Please have your declaration forms signed and filled out in triplicate. No knitting needles permitted on the Promenade.
[/quote:post_uid0]
:D

although I liked this one a lot, too:
[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Haneek:[/b:post_uid0] My people are on a great Exodus. Until recently we were oppressed, but our oppressors were conquered by the Dominion.
[b:post_uid0]Bashir:[/b:post_uid0] What's that smell?
[b:post_uid0]Odo:[/b:post_uid0] Foreshadowing.
Heh. :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
03-13-2004, 06:17 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Haneek:[/b:post_uid0] Bah weep grah nah weep ninibong?[/quote:post_uid0]

Ooh, a Transformers joke! That makes me happy, very happy indeed.

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Tumek:[/b:post_uid0] Remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied. [/quote:post_uid0]

And the Gouvernator!

Hilarious, all in all. Well done, geo-logical man.

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
03-13-2004, 11:53 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Heh. This is good. I like this. My favourite bit us undoubtedly:

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]Nog[/b:post_uid0]: Cool, the new wanted posters are up. This is only reason I like coming to your office. Hey, this guy's got the death sentence in twelve systems.
[b:post_uid0]Odo[/b:post_uid0]: He'll be careful.
[b:post_uid0]Nog[/b:post_uid0]: He'll be dead! [/quote:post_uid0]

:lol:

No [i:post_uid0]Logan's Run[/i:post_uid0] jokes though? Oh well. I suppose you can't have everything.[/color:post_uid0]

catalina_marina
03-13-2004, 01:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Kira: And here we have the Circus Maximus. Please keep your hands to yourself.
Tumak: Oo! Ee! Ooh ah ah!
Odo: No, you can't have that.
Tumak: Ting! Tang!
Odo: No, you can't have that either.
Tumak: Walla walla bingbang!
Odo: Why couldn't something simple come through the wormhole... like kender?[/quote:post_uid0]

Now just to remember the tune to that...[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
03-13-2004, 10:32 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Tumak: Oo! Ee! Ooh ah ah!
Odo: No, you can't have that.
Tumak: Ting! Tang!
Odo: No, you can't have that either.
Tumak: Walla walla bingbang![/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Haneek: Welcome, you poor, tired flaking masses yearning to breathe without someone else's elbow in your face. You're now free from cruel oppression and mindless bureaucracy.
Odo: Please have your declaration forms signed and filled out in triplicate. No knitting needles permitted on the Promenade.[/quote:post_uid0]
[i:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>BWAHAHAHAAA!</span>[/b:post_uid0][/i:post_uid0] [img:post_uid0]http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Sloublues/Smilies/burn.png[/img:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Nog: Cool, the new wanted posters are up. This is only reason I like coming to your office. Hey, this guy's got the death sentence in twelve systems.
Odo: He'll be careful.
Nog: He'll be dead![/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli
03-14-2004, 12:00 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Haneek: Now we are seeking our Promised Land.
O'Brien: I hope it doesn't take forty years.
Bashir: Their leaders are women. They'll stop and ask for directions.

Bwahhah :D :D

[quote:post_uid0]Haneek: I've almost figured out the real name of Kentanna. So far I've got B something J O something.
Kira: Bijou? Never heard of it. Hmm... maybe it's... Bajor. (beat) Bajor? But we couldn't possibly support you! We'd all starve! We're doomed! DOOMED!

DOOOOOOOOMED! :D

[quote:post_uid0]Bajoran: (over the comm) Sorry, sir. The stabilisers on his ship were shot. He just shook apart. There's nothing left but a little pile of dust.
Haneek: Sweep him up and bring him home. We'll give him a decent burial under the rug.

Hee hee hee. Funny! Am I too sleepy or are there no Monty Python references at all? :p

Edit for the sole reason of putting this into the post

[img:post_uid0]http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Sloublues/Smilies/burn.png[/img:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-14-2004, 12:57 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Am I too sleepy or are there no Monty Python references at all?[/quote:post_uid0]

Your fatigue-addled wits do not deceive you - there are no Monty Python references. However, I did include at least one Star Wars stea^H^H^H homage, so it's OK.

[quote:post_uid0]DOOOOOOOOMED! [/quote:post_uid0]

The line after that was supposed to be the punchline, but it was rather obscure and I'm not surprised nobody's picked up on it. Marc or Derek might get it - they both seem to have impressive stores of arcane lore.

Thanks for the accolades, folks. I have to agree with Zeke that this is my best one yet - it's certainly my best solo effort. Body Parts and The Muse make me cringe now, but I'm proud of this one.

[quote:post_uid0]...he's been waiting four months for me to publish it...[/quote:post_uid0]

But that's still only half as long as it took me to write it. I had a lengthy bout of apathy/despair in the middle.[/color:post_uid0]

Nan
03-14-2004, 08:35 AM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0]But that's still only half as long as it took me to write it.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Good lord, has it been that long?

Yike.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
03-14-2004, 07:18 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]DOOOOOOOOMED! [/quote:post_uid0]

The line after that was supposed to be the punchline, but it was rather obscure and I'm not surprised nobody's picked up on it. Marc or Derek might get it - they both seem to have impressive stores of arcane lore.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]That one did have a vaguely familiar ring to it, but I haven't tried to chase it down. Whence came it?[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
03-14-2004, 08:59 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]That one did have a vaguely familiar ring to it, but I haven't tried to chase it down. Whence came it?[/quote:post_uid0]

It's not really taken from anywhere. "Stop being so theatrical" relates back to bijou in Kira's line - Bijou Theatre. Like I said, obscure.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
03-14-2004, 09:15 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Okay, that works. I've been operating with about half a brain, lately, or it might have occurred to me sooner.[/color:post_uid0]

Kristina
03-15-2004, 06:48 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Haneek: Oh, stop being so theatrical and help me tell the crones.[/quote:post_uid0]

And this one brought [i:post_uid0]Macbeth[/i:post_uid0] to mind...

I haven't seen the actual episode, Sa'ar, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fiver! :D[/color:post_uid0]