PDA

View Full Version : June 8

Zeke
06-09-2004, 04:36 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]

It's "Hatchery (../enterprise/hatchery.html)"! Stay tuned -- everything hits the fan next fiver. We're building to a climax in both the season and the Travis/Hoshi subplot. (Of course, you know where it's going to end up if you've read "Countdown (../enterprise/countdown.html)"... [i:post_uid0]or do you?[/i:post_uid0])[/color:post_uid0]

Edited By Zeke on 1086790124

Gatac
06-09-2004, 05:04 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Hehehehe.

The Sting reference really stood out, but the rest was damn funny, too. As usual, I'll leave the quoting to others.

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

Hotaru
06-09-2004, 05:34 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I thought it was great, except for..

[quote:post_uid0]Phlox: Ice-9. We can thaw him in the microwave when we're done. [/quote:post_uid0]

I absolutely hate that book. Other than that, I loved it. Poor Hoshi, having to sit through all of Mayweathers intrests...[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
06-09-2004, 06:45 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="Gatac"]The Sting reference really stood out ...[/quote:post_uid0]
That it did, but it was the second part in that scene ("In Soviet Russia, insect oids you.") that had me thrown for a while.

More good bits:
[quote:post_uid0]T'Pol: Actually, identical DNA should mean clones. But given that this device has no business being able to read entire genomes without even taking a sample, I'm not inclined to trust it. Children it is. [/quote:post_uid0]*snerk*
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: You're relieved! Hayes is tactical officer now!
Reed: Hayes? HAYES? ....Travis, I'm afraid I need my seppuku knife back.
Mayweather: But I need it for tonight's dinner! How else are the carrots going to chop themselves? [/quote:post_uid0]Carrots! :D
[quote:post_uid0]Corporal Chang: Huh? (KLONK)
Reed: Wow, he dropped like a lawyer out a twelfth-floor window. What exactly was in that hypospray?
Phlox: Ice-9. We can thaw him in the microwave when we're done. [/quote:post_uid0]Hee. Bokonon would approve. :lol:

Or give him the "Ming" test. Whatever.
[quote:post_uid0]Reed: I volunteer to kill Hayes.
T'Pol: Unnecessary. A Hayesmaker will suffice.
Reed: Well, maybe that'll at least bruise him. Then he'll be a purple Hayes. [/quote:post_uid0]OK, you're off the hook for "a Hayesey shade". :p
[quote:post_uid0]Archer: Guards! Get back to the ship! I vant to be alone!
Guard: We'll give the crew your re-Gretas. [/quote:post_uid0]Heh heh heh.

Edit: [i:post_uid0](edit)[/i:post_uid0][/color:post_uid0]

Derek
06-09-2004, 11:30 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Heh. Travis's interests are a bit odd. No wonder they don't write more stories about him.[/color:post_uid0]

Alexia
06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]:lol: SO many references Zeke!

[quote:post_uid0]T'Pol: We must execute our plan swiftly. Our first priority: secure Cargo Bay 2.[/quote:post_uid0]
Nice 7 of 9 reference!

[quote:post_uid0]Tucker: He thought he had lizard babies? That's beyond the threshold of sanity.
Phlox: Who said anything about lizards?
T'Pol: Mr. Tucker is apparently willing to bend the truth for a good reference.[/quote:post_uid0]
Obvious, but good :D

And...
[quote:post_uid0]Chakotay: Enough talk, Kathryn! I must have you now!
Janeway: Oh, Chakotay. You're all man. You're as manly as the manliest tree on the Isle of Man. You --
Sato: I don't know. Would Janeway really talk that way?
Mayweather: No woman would talk normally when confronted with the rugged manliness of Chakotay. Isn't this fun, writing fanfic together?
Sato: Sure, but wouldn't it be more fun if the story had a plot?
Mayweather: Blasphemy! [/quote:post_uid0]
lol :lol: so true :D[/color:post_uid0]

Sa'ar Chasm
06-09-2004, 01:51 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Mayweather: We enter the secluded grove. Moonlight glimmers through the trees.
Sato: I step closer to you and whisper --
Mayweather: Just then, an orc bursts into the clearing! He's armed with an Axe of Chopping and duranium armour.
Sato: Can't he wait a bit? We had a nice romantic scenario.
Mayweather: Who's your DM? Huh?[/quote:post_uid0]

[quote:post_uid0]Mario: GAK!
Mayweather: Come on, I explained this already. A is jump, B is shoot.
Sato: I know what the buttons are! It's not my fault Mario has more momentum than a Warp 5 starship with a momentum collection![/quote:post_uid0]

Call me paranoid...

[quote:post_uid0]Reed: You're paranoid[/quote:post_uid0]

...but I get the impression I'm being mocked.

[quote:post_uid0]T'Pol: Unnecessary. A Hayesmaker will suffice.
Reed: Well, maybe that'll at least bruise him. Then he'll be a purple Hayes.[/quote:post_uid0]

Not quite what I was expecting, but it'll come...

[quote:post_uid0]Archer: What do you mean you wrote one too?[/quote:post_uid0]

*snicker* Poor Archer.

Excellent job as always, Zeke.[/color:post_uid0]

Alexia
06-09-2004, 02:23 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000:post_uid0]Mayweather: We enter the secluded grove. Moonlight glimmers through the trees.
Mayweather: Just then, an orc bursts into the clearing! He's armed with an Axe of Chopping and duranium armour.
Mayweather: Who's your DM? Huh?[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Ok, I may hav missed something but what's a DM?[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
06-09-2004, 02:32 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Archer: I don't think so. We'll take an away team down.
T'Pol: Acknowledged. T'Pol to all essential personnel.... [/quote:post_uid0]

LOL!

[quote:post_uid0]Ok, I may hav missed something but what's a DM?[/quote:post_uid0]

Dungeon Master -- the player who serves as game director in the Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying game.[/color:post_uid0]

Gatac
06-09-2004, 02:35 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]DM: (Roleplaying) Dungeon Master. Somewhat anachronistic term, mostly superceded by Game Master (GM). The person in charge of a given roleplaying game. Usually controls the gameworld and all NPCs (non-player characters). DMs come in all flavours from micro-managment ("You eat the lima beans. Roll Fortitude against DC 25 to prevent getting gas.") to laissez-faire ("There's a dragon." "I kill it." "OK, it falls over dead. There's a bigger dragon behind it, though." "I kill that one, too..."), and every shade of opinion exists about them - in the best case, the DM is a fun storyteller, able to bring the environment to life with a plethora of fun details while still adapting to what the players want. In the worst case, the DM is a rule-book Nazi slacker who never has anything prepared and kills off any and all interesting PCs, leaving only the munchkins behind. True Masters are few, and one of the principal reasons why gaming groups stay together for years and sometimes decades.

Hope that clears things up.

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

Alexia
06-09-2004, 02:40 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thanks, I'm up to speed again :D[/color:post_uid0]

Kira
06-09-2004, 04:59 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Alexia"][color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]T'Pol: We must execute our plan swiftly. Our first priority: secure Cargo Bay 2.[/quote:post_uid0]
Nice 7 of 9 reference![/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I think that was a reference to T'Pol being on crack and keeping her stash in cargo bay 2.

[quote:post_uid0][b:post_uid0]T'Pol:[/b:post_uid0] The adult insectoids are dead. However, I am detecting DNA identical to theirs inside these egg sacs.
[b:post_uid0]Tucker:[/b:post_uid0] Must be their kids.
[b:post_uid0]T'Pol:[/b:post_uid0] Actually, identical DNA should mean clones. But given that this device has no business being able to read entire genomes without even taking a sample, I'm not inclined to trust it. Children it is.[/quote:post_uid0]
*snirk*[/color:post_uid0]

Zeke
06-09-2004, 07:13 PM
[quote:post_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000:post_uid0]I think that was a reference to T'Pol being on crack and keeping her stash in cargo bay 2.[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Yep. The one advantage of being this late is that I can make references to later episodes, so I've been doing a lot of that (Degra's ship, Alien Nazis, etc.).

By the way, the blurb for this one is "Ho hatches the hatchers?"[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]By the way, the blurb for this one is "Ho hatches the hatchers?"[/quote:post_uid0]

lol I saw that at TrekToday. Cute. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

NeoMatrix
06-09-2004, 10:53 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Awesome as always! Thanks :)[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-10-2004, 02:14 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid14][quote:post_uid14]Hayes: This must be an assault shuttle. Look at all the weapons.
Reed: Pfft. I have more weapons than this on my person.
Hayes: I wasn't going to say anything, but your uniform did seem pretty crowded today.

Mayweather: We enter the secluded grove. Moonlight glimmers through the trees.
Mayweather: Who's your DM? Huh?

Reed: They're dead, you know. We re-killed them five ways before we brought them aboard the pod.
Hayes: Can't be too careful.
Reed: Yes you can. It's called "paranoia."
Hayes: You're only saying that because you're out to get me.[/quote:post_uid14]
Now if only people in horror movies would learn the wisdom of this "re-killing" business ;)... :lol:

[quote:post_uid14]T'Pol: It appears the insectoids did not die on impact. They transferred their life support to the hatchery. Then they died of boredom.

Chakotay: Enough talk, Kathryn! I must have you now!
Janeway: Oh, Chakotay. You're all man. You're as manly as the manliest tree on the Isle of Man. You --
Sato: I don't know. Would Janeway really talk that way?
Mayweather: No woman would talk normally when confronted with the rugged manliness of Chakotay. Isn't this fun, writing fanfic together?
Sato: Sure, but wouldn't it be more fun if the story had a plot?
Mayweather: Blasphemy![/quote:post_uid14]
:lol: :lol:

The last third or so was hilarious too :D[/color:post_uid14]

catalina_marina
06-12-2004, 03:48 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Phlox: Pretty good gag, eh? Seriously, they're normal. We can't relieve him on medical grounds, only kill him.
Tucker: You can kill officers on medical grounds?
Phlox: I can kill species on medical grounds.[/quote:post_uid0]
:lol:[/color:post_uid0]