PDA

View Full Version : June 16

Kira
06-16-2004, 10:06 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Greetings all, and welcome back to the Kira channel: all fivers, all the time.

Today I bring you a pair of fivers, and a unique pair at that. First up is Five-Minute "Pen Pals (../nextgen/penpals.html)" from Derek Dean. What makes it unique is that it's accompanied by Five-Minute "Thine Own Self (../nextgen/thineownself.html)" by MmeBlueberry -- otherwise known as Derek's lovely wife Amanda, making this 5MV's very first husband and wife fiving duo.

Enjoy, and I'll be back tomorrow with more of our 5MV clearance sale.[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-17-2004, 12:53 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid7][quote:post_uid7]Signal: C_r _e __w?
Data: I'd like to buy an A and an N.[/quote:post_uid7]
Heheh.
[quote:post_uid7]Wesley: You wanna be on my team anyway?
Davies: Sure, maybe I'll get a medal for saving the ship.
Wesley: Um, I'm just running a planetary survey, not saving the ship.
Davies: Suuure you are.

Alans: Well, the planet's core is pure dilithium with a thin layer of adamantium.
Davies: And the planet's heat causes tectonic sublimation until it regarbalizes the spheramental drive core.
Riker: You're not making up much technobabble for this briefing, Wesley.
Wesley: I can't help it, my bracelet keeps saying "Shut up, Wesley."[/quote:post_uid7]
:lol: :lol:

[quote:post_uid7]Talur: Your skin is very pale, so you must not spend much time in the sun.
Data: That would be an accurate assumption.
Talur: My grandmother would have thought you were a demon of some sort, but I know better: You are a vampire.

Gia: She died a year ago. Father says she went to a beautiful place, where they seek out new life and new civilizations, where she can boldly go where no one has gone before. Do you believe such a place exists?
Data: No, those are just children's stories.

Talur: So the five basic elements are earth, fire, wind, water, and heart. And when these elements combine, we have Captain Planet!
Data: Not one of those elements is on the periodic table, which is divided based on atomic mass and valence electrons. Everyone knows that.
Talur: We'll trust your opinions once you figure out what "radioactive" means.
Data: With all the big words I do know, why must you fixate on the one I do not?

Data: If you are referring to the illness, you are partially correct, but you may want to examine my data in detail.
Skoran: Forget details. We want to hit you in deface.

Data: Gia, wake up! I have good news!
Gia: You found a cure for the disease?
Data: Not yet, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

Data: Oh look, the well. Let me take my sweet time pouring the holy water into it so that people can come and find me before I accomplish my task.[/quote:post_uid7]
:lol: :lol:

Great work, both of you! :)[/color:post_uid7]

Gatac
06-17-2004, 04:44 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]A Captain Planet reference! *sniff* Ach, me aching heart...

Thanks, people. (Now sell those bracelets, they look useful.)

Gatac[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab
06-17-2004, 12:13 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Data: "Can you brar be nyw?"
Sarjenka: (over the comm) Sigh. It was "Can you hear me now?"
Data: That was my next guess!
Sarjenka: Good.

[/quote:post_uid0]

LOL I love it!

[quote:post_uid0]O'Brien: Hey, why are you beaming Data down?
Riker: I have nothing to say to you, Chief. And I think you know why.
O'Brien: Would you stop saying that to me?

If that episode of DS9 hadn't just aired I may have forgotten all about that line, but it did just come on so I got the reference there! lol

[quote:post_uid0]Data: Sarjenka, I came for you.
Sarjenka: Thanks. Unfortunately I think we're stuck here with the planet erupting all around us. But I'm glad to be with you, Data. Here at the end of all things.
Data: Don't worry, I'll just use a deus ex machina to get us out of here. Two to beam up. [/quote:post_uid0]

heh. I got that ROTK reference too. Oh yeah I'm on a roll! LOL at first I was like "I know I've heard that line before?" then I remembered the chapter End of all Things on the DVD and I remembered and I laughed harder! yay!

Good job, Mr. Dean now onto the wifey's fiver. I'll make a separate praise post for her. ;)[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]well NAH took a lot of my favorites but one had be literally laughing out loud so I'm going to use it too:
[quote:post_uid0]Data: Gia, wake up! I have good news!
Data: Not yet, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance. [/quote:post_uid0]

oh boy a Verizon commercial ref. in his and a Geiko reference in yours...did you plan that? ;)

another favorite:
[quote:post_uid0]Data: Talur, look at this! The rocks glow, just like a lamp. And I believe they may be making everyone sick.
Talur: So do you think that's what "radioactive" means -- glowing rocks that make people sick?
Data: No, you lunkhead, the word for that is "kryptonite." [/quote:post_uid0]

lol just because I'm a superman fan. ;)

[quote:post_uid0]Geordi: We have lost touch with the rest of the ship.
Worf: And everything down here is falling apart.
Troi: And that's...bad, right?
Riker: You fail. [/quote:post_uid0]

what can I say I love good Troi jokes and since she makes it so easy... lol

good job, Mrs. Dean! ;) *pssst... yours was funnier!* lol not that this is a competition... only kidding. they were equally funny!

Sab[/color:post_uid0]

Quinalla
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]O'Brien: Hey, why are you beaming Data down?
Riker: I have nothing to say to you, Chief. And I think you know why.
O'Brien: Would you stop saying that to me? [/quote:post_uid0]
Bwhahaha :) And the WWPD bracelets were great!

[quote:post_uid0]Skoran: This looks like a precious metal of some sort. Where did you find it, Vampire?
Garvin: We're calling him Jayden, which means "spontaneously emitting energetic particles."
Skoran: Well, it's not great, but it sure beats "Mr. Radioactive."

Data: Gia, wake up! I have good news!
Data: Not yet, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance. [/quote:post_uid0]
Hehe :)[/color:post_uid0]

Derek
06-17-2004, 12:36 PM
[quote:post_uid0="admiral sab"][color=#000000:post_uid0]good job, Mrs. Dean! ;) *pssst... yours was funnier!*[/color:post_uid0][/quote:post_uid0]
[color=#000000:post_uid0]I'm proud to say that I completely agree.

One of these days I'm going to get her to write me a DS9 fiver.[/color:post_uid0]

evay
06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]someone else already cheered the Geico joke...

[quote:post_uid0]Pulaski: You look worried, Wesley. Is something wrong?
Wesley: Yeah, everyone on my team goes by their middle names.
Pulaski: Don't worry. Maybe they're just feeling unworthy to bear the name Wesley.
Wesley: You're right. That must be it!

hee hee hee nice Roddenberry reference!

[quote:post_uid0]Picard: But what if there are two races and one is dying, and the other is just developing? Should we save the dying race, Dear Doctor?
Pulaski: Oh please. What are the odds of that happening?
Picard: Good point. We'll save them.

I mean really, what [i:post_uid0]are[/i:post_uid0] the odds? :D

Nice work![/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0="admiral sab"]oh boy a Verizon commercial ref. in his and a Geiko reference in yours...did you plan that? ;)[/quote:post_uid0]
And another commercial referenced in [b:post_uid0]D[/b:post_uid0]'s [i:post_uid0]Blaze of Glory[/i:post_uid0] fiver from the other day:
[quote:post_uid0]Martok: Captain, look at this message I just received!
Sisko: "Refinance your home for just pennies on the dollar"?
Martok: I meant this one.
Sisko: Oh. [/quote:post_uid0]
At the time, I was trying to get it make sense as part of a larger, ongoing gag within the fiver, but I'm inclined now to think that there may have been a spate of general commercial silliness recently in the [b:post_uid0]D & B[/b:post_uid0] household.

Nice start, [b:post_uid0]Blueberry[/b:post_uid0]! :) (And on one of my favorite Data episodes, too.)

Edit --
Random thought: WWPD bracelet = oscillation overthruster? :p[/color:post_uid0]

Scooter
06-18-2004, 09:47 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Wesley: Mr. Davies, we surrender.
Davies: Huh?
Wesley: Whoops, stupid bracelet.[/quote:post_uid0]

Laughing out loud at work again.[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli
06-19-2004, 11:26 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Woohoo! Two excellent fivers! :D

The WWPD bracelet and the vampire running gag in "Thine Own Self" fiver were especially hilarious. Nice job![/color:post_uid0]