PDA

View Full Version : June 27

Zeke
06-28-2004, 02:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]

And here's the item I promised: Five-Minute Voyager in danger of cancellation? (../thisjustin/40.html), which marks both [i:post_uid0]This Just In[/i:post_uid0]'s fortieth issue and Derek Dean's first. Yes, there's a part of the site Derek hadn't gotten to yet! Amazing, no? I think you'll find it was worth the wait.

It's been a really slow year for TJI so far, but it's going to pick up now -- I have a couple of articles in the works, and TJI is getting even cooler new PHP features than the other subsites. Stay tuned.[/color:post_uid0]

admiral sab
06-28-2004, 02:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]LOL Just five more minutes! I'll start the website today! Cancelled? oh that was a parody. lol geez, what subtle references, Derek! ;)

Great TJI, it was so in the now.

Sab[/color:post_uid0]

NAHTMMM
06-28-2004, 04:16 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid7][quote:post_uid7]not to mention the recent trend towards reality sites like Five-Minute Five Minutes[/quote:post_uid7]
Heheheh :D

[quote:post_uid7]"I mean, sure, the daily updates are nice, but it needs to take risks: use multiple exclamation marks, hire vampires, offer free beer, stuff like that."

"No way the site's going to be cancelled," enthused guest writer Nic Corelli. "The site will run for three more seasons and then it will end, hopefully to do movies or something cool like that."[/quote:post_uid7]
:D

Funny stuff, Derek![/color:post_uid7]

Nan
06-28-2004, 07:27 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]not to mention the recent trend towards reality sites like Five-Minute Five Minutes[/quote:post_uid0]

I can see it now... staff and section heads left on a tropical island to fend for themselves, trading comedy for food and water, and in the case of Zeke, the pensive and authoritative leader, pie.[/color:post_uid0]

mudshark
06-28-2004, 08:07 AM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]"Five-Minute Voyager needs to reinvent itself," proclaimed fan PointyHairedJedi. "I mean, sure, the daily updates are nice, but it needs to take risks: use multiple exclamation marks ... [/quote:post_uid0]Just the facts, man, but ... [quote:post_uid0]... hire vampires, offer free beer, stuff like that." [/quote:post_uid0] ... pure gold. :D

[quote:post_uid0]"I knew it was doomed from the start," declared former Voyager actor Robert Beltran. [/quote:post_uid0]Well, now -- [i:post_uid0]there's[/i:post_uid0] a surprise. :lol:[/color:post_uid0]

Marc
06-28-2004, 09:50 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]When asked for comment, 5MV webmaster Zeke avoided the question. "Cancelled?" he exclaimed. "Cancelled by whom?"[/quote:post_uid0]

Hilarious article, Derek! I'm glad it's all fictitious! At least I [i:post_uid0]think[/i:post_uid0] it's fictitious....[/color:post_uid0]

Nic Corelli
07-02-2004, 04:49 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]My first cameo! I`m blushing! :D

[quote:post_uid0]"Five-Minute Voyager needs to reinvent itself," proclaimed fan PointyHairedJedi. "I mean, sure, the daily updates are nice, but it needs to take risks: use multiple exclamation marks ... [/quote:post_uid0]

Oh yes... I can already hear raging screams from Ottawa: "NEVER! NEEEVER!"

VERY funny article, Derek! More! :D[/color:post_uid0]

PointyHairedJedi
07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
[color=#000000:post_uid0]Multiple exclamation marks forever!!!!!!

:D

I hear the chances are good of 5MV returning as a big screen series, if the first one does well enough. Of course, the site would have to be rebuilt, but as long as all the original fivists are present, and the fivers are of high enough quality, then I think it's a done deal. Us Piepants will just have to hope for the best.

1600x1200 all the way, baby![/color:post_uid0]