PDA

View Full Version : The 5MV Forum Skin

Zeke
07-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Okay, the 5MV skin is now ready to try. By no means am I saying it's done -- it's just usable, and you can now get an idea of how it'll look.

There are a couple of problems I'm currently working on. The biggest one is that, like iB, phpBB seems to insist that the same main text colour be used both inside and outside threads. Thus, if your outer background is black, you have to use light text, and then the threads have to be dark too because you can't have dark text there and light text outside. So for now, we've got dark threads. If you like it, we'll keep it -- if not, I'll figure out how to set it up differently. I've been fiddling with the CSS and templates, and they're not hard to figure out.

For the same reason, the links are currently 5ME amber rather than 5MV red, which doesn't show up well on gray. Ultimately I'd like to offer skins based on each of the major subsites, with the corresponding colour schemes, but for now I'm mixing and matching (see also my LJ).

Any thoughts about the skin? It's for you guys, so you have a say in how it looks. Try not to suggest anything that I'm obviously already aware of, but if you're not sure, post.

Michiel
07-28-2004, 09:11 AM
I like it better than the old one, I think. Good job! :D

PointyHairedJedi
07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
I prefered the lighter background myself, but it's no big thing really. I'll just wait and see what you come up with for a final version before I start bitching in earnest. :D

Nic Corelli
07-29-2004, 02:44 AM
I like it!

Alexia
08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Anyone else think the skin is looking really good with all the little tweeks Zeke has made? Good Job :mrgreen:

Zeke
08-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks, Lexy. I'm still working on some of the more annoying stuff, like the white-on-white text boxes on the login screen and that cryptic "Go to latest post" symbol; I haven't forgotten, they're just proving a bit more complicated than I thought.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to tweak the little stuff. Anyone notice the new red borders on those icons beside the main logo?

NAHTMMM
08-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Ooo, I see them now. Very nice. :)

Alexia
08-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Thanks, Lexy.

Ooooh, I get a nick name from Zeke? Cool :mrgreen: I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :P

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to tweak the little stuff. Anyone notice the new red borders on those icons beside the main logo?
Yes...of course we did. *coughs, shuffles feet*

They are very nice *pat pat* :wink:

catalina_marina
08-12-2004, 03:07 PM
They look kind of weird... I like it. :mrgreen:

Ginga
03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Am I paranoid? I must be, because I feel like I'm the only one who still uses the 5MV skin.

PointyHairedJedi
03-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Did anyone say they weren't? As far as I know there are only two choices of skins.

Ginga
03-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Did anyone say they weren't? As far as I know there are only two choices of skins.

Well, I guess when... *counts on fingers* ...two people tell me they're not... using it...

Okay, never mind. :P I must be paranoid.

NAHTMMM
03-23-2005, 02:09 AM
^ No, you're just excellent statistician material. ;)

mudshark
03-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Did anyone say they weren't? As far as I know there are only two choices of skins.Well, I guess when... *counts on fingers* ...two people tell me they're not... using it...

Okay, never mind. :P I must be paranoid.That's okay, don't worry about it.

Now ... just tell us their names. :twisted:

danieldoof
03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I also use the 5mv skin
it's really nice
I got rid of the blue-white normal skin and use the 5mv skin from the beginning :D

the only thing that bothers me a little is that you cannot read what you typed in the login window because of white text on white ground...

Ginga
03-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I also use the 5mv skin
it's really nice
I got rid of the blue-white normal skin and use the 5mv skin from the beginning :D

the only thing that bothers me a little is that you cannot read what you typed in the login window because of white text on white ground...

Ha, I keep myself logged in all the time so unless I clean out my history, it doesn't matter. :3

I've used it from the beginning, too. :D

mudshark - Will I be forced to eat bleu cheese if I don't reveal their names? D:

NeoMatrix
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I use the 5mv skin

mudshark
03-23-2005, 08:43 PM
mudshark - Will I be forced to eat bleu cheese if I don't reveal their names? D:No. All of the fromage bleu belongs to me.

Ginga
03-23-2005, 09:20 PM
mudshark - Will I be forced to eat bleu cheese if I don't reveal their names? D:No. All of the fromage bleu belongs to me.

Hmm... then their names are safe with me! :twisted: