PDA

View Full Version : July 31

Zeke
08-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Hey, remember that "5MV X Years Ago" idea? Today, X = 2. Back on July 25, 2002 (not quite two years ago, but close enough), we had one of our most popular events: Tribble Day. An IJD GAF solo event, it featured new fivers by him for "The Trouble With Tribbles (../startrek/fiver.php?ep=thetroublewithtribbles)" (TOS), "More Tribbles, More Troubles (../startrek/fiver.php?ep=moretribblesmoretroubles)" (TAS), and
"Trials and Tribble-ations (../ds9/fiver.php?ep=trialsandtribbleations)" (DS9). As you probably know, the latter episode was a tribute to the original "Trouble With Tribbles," complete with clips into which the DS9 characters were seamlessly inserted -- so IJD's fiver inserted the DS9 characters into scenes from the "Trouble" fiver.

If you haven't read these yet, I highly recommend it; if you have, now's a good time to read them again. IJD's take on how many tribbles constitute a swarm is classic (see also his stats page (../about/ijdgafstats.html)).

Nic Corelli
08-01-2004, 03:56 AM
Ah! You remembered! :) *tears of joy*

Incredible... I somehow missed the "Trials and Tribble-ations" fiver the first time and NEVER actually read it. I did read it just now, though, and I must say it`s one of THE BEST on the site, very likely IJD`s funniest ever, :mrgreen:

The TOS and TAS ones are great, too, but the DS9 one... fantastic!

O'Brien: Sir, time's gone all wonky.
Sisko: Time's gone all wonky?
O'Brien: Yes sir.
Sisko: You don't have a better explanation than that?
Jadzia: I don't think he needs one with that on the screen.
Enterprise: Howdy.

Odo: In my endeavor to understand humanoids, I got a pet. See?
Worf: A tribble? DIEDIEDIE!
Odo: Calm down, you know that does attract attention.
Worf: Don't tell me you named it....
Odo: His name is Spot. I must feed him and pet him and tell him he is a good tribble.
Worf: You mustn't feed him.

Kirk: I want to know who threw the first punch!
O'Brien: It was me, I did it! I'm also the Klingon double agent, and Deep Throat!
Kirk: Very well, you're all sent to bed without supper -- not you Scotty.
O'Brien: (aside to Bashir) I love this no-interaction thing. I can say whatever I want without damaging the timeline!
Bashir: Yet I can't have sex with my great-grandmother.
O'Brien: The word "pathetic" comes to mind....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PointyHairedJedi
08-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Hehehe. Funny stuff. Man, has it really been two years since those came out? Time really flies, huh?

admiral sab
08-01-2004, 08:56 PM
I missed this too! You know Trouble with Tribbles and Trials and Tribbleations are the only DS9 and TOS episodes I have. I got them in a special two pack!

ijdgaf
08-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Jeez, it's been two years? that's like 10 percent of my life!

These are some of my personal favorites as well. I'm glad other's like them as much as I liked writing them :)

Nic Corelli
08-01-2004, 11:47 PM
You know what else is funny, IJD? "Whom Gods Destroy" :mrgreen: *wink* *wink*

Zeke
08-02-2004, 04:01 AM
If you're nagging him about a guest fiver, you probably shouldn't -- it's usually my fault when those get delayed.

mudshark
08-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Still some of my favorites, these. Especially like all the inter-fiver running gags (hats, "You mean you've seen that but not this? Wow, just wow!", etc.) and the "mirror-universe miniskirt" gag (tie-in to Five-min. Mirror, Mirror.) :D

Actually quoted the last bit in a TBBS thread re: Trials and Tribble-ations only a few hours before this thread went up. http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif

ijdgaf
08-02-2004, 08:56 AM
You know what else is funny, IJD? "Whom Gods Destroy" :mrgreen: *wink* *wink*

No, this one's my fault Zeke. I'm extremely behind on guest fivers this summer (and my fivers too, you all might have noticed). I'm just so damned busy for once in my life that my excuses are actually semi legit.

School starts soon, and my life will get a hell of a lot less hectic once it does. I think I can safely say that by the end of the month, "Whom Gods Destroy" and the rest of the lot will be all taken care of.

::crosses fingers at the jynx fairies::

catalina_marina
08-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Two years! Whoa! I remember some of these jokes like I've read them yesterday...

Must be because they're so good. :D

Scooter
08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Odo: His name is Spot. I must feed him and pet him and tell him he is a good tribble.
Worf: You mustn't feed him.

This is probably one of my favorite fiver references, just because the scene it references makes me laugh every time.