PDA

View Full Version : August 10

Zeke
08-11-2004, 04:06 AM
Since we just started a major This Just In event, it's a good time to look back at one of the earliest articles. Today (well, yesterday) on 5MV 3 Years Ago, we have TJI's tenth issue: Episode II title causes AI research catastrophe (../thisjustin/10.html). I wrote this shortly after the news broke that Episode II would be called "Attack of the Clones." Kira's cited this one before as one of her favourites, and I hope those of you who are just reading it now will enjoy it too. Pretend you just heard AotC's title and the outrage is fresh in your mind.

Speaking of TJI history, bonus points for the first one to catch the two references to past articles in #41 (../thisjustin/41.html) yesterday. Don't post the answers if you spot them -- PM me. I have a reason for that request.

mudshark
08-11-2004, 05:11 AM
Actually, I had just reread #10 the other day, though I can't at the moment recall what led me to do so. It's still good. :D

Spotted one of the references in yesterday's after I had posted in the thread. I'll have to mull over the second a bit longer.

Edit: BTW, the "Return to Front Page" link at the bottom of #41 is returning a 404.

Xeroc
08-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Edit: BTW, the "Return to Front Page" link at the bottom of #41 is returning a 404.
Yes, It should link to: http://www.fiveminute.net/thisjustin/

In fact, issues #39, #40, and #41 all don't have the correct link to TJI home.

Further, the "Previous Article" link in #41 takes you to #39 not #40.

Also, the TJI home page has no links to #41 anywhere and neither does issue #39!

In addition, #37 has no link to #38.

Subsequently, #38 has a link to itself instead of #39.

Finally, I think that's it - but that's no guarantee.

Zeke
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
NAHTMMM is the winner of the bonus points, being the first (and so far only) one to spot both references. They were these:
Clones 'R' Us is the same Boston cloning firm that created Zuke back in #13.
Chris Carter not being seen since March 2002 refers to #18, when Thinkey abducted him to punish him for Season 9.
Nah also suggested that the fans who complained about Enterprise being too serialized might have been the members of THWAM from #36. I didn't have them in mind, but it's close enough for government work.

I'll deal with the bugs you mentioned next update, Xeroc. One of them's not a bug: you'll often find that a subsite's main page is a couple of days late in listing a new fiver/article. This happens when I have time to upload the new content but not enough time to handle all the supporting pages.

MaverickZer0
08-11-2004, 08:06 PM
....Does this mean I should have posted before five minutes ago?

...I'm not getting sued now, am I? I have like two cents and a Tootsie Roll wrapper.

Nic Corelli
08-14-2004, 06:36 PM
"Spoken too soon I have. In the history of the universe, the worst single event this is. For your lives run! RUUUUUN!"

Heheheheheheheheh. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And the Clones in the movie were the good guys. The title actually means "Attack of the Good Guys". Dear Lord... :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
08-14-2004, 07:31 PM
I've only just noticed this, but "Uttoxeter, Croatia"?

Hehehehehe.

Nic Corelli
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, although I`m contemplating a move to Ullapool. It`s my second favourite non-existing city, after Uttoxeter, of course. :twisted:

PointyHairedJedi
08-16-2004, 10:27 PM
*Froths at the mouth*

Ullapool is NOT A CITY, dammit! It's a rather boring town! And Uttoxeter is a city!

ARRGGHHH!