PDA

View Full Version : Run for Executive Producer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Asky
08-17-2004, 10:11 PM
In response to Paramount's decision to elect a new Executive Producer of Star Trek[1], I am officially announcing to the community my intention to run for this position. As I am a memebr of the Star Trek community, I will always keep the community in mind, if I am elected to this position. I swear, that if the voters elect me, I will implement a sweeping reform of continuity. I will listen to the 99.9% and decrease the sex on Enterprise. [1] And, I most solemnly swear that if I am elected to Executive Producer, I will personally eliminate all Nazis from all future episodes of Star Trek and eliminate any member of my staff that brings me a Nazi story idea. I hope that the FMV community will back me when I make my application to Paramount to be a candidate next week. [2]

[1] TJI 41
[2] TJI 42

(Don't the reference things make this look so much more professional? :wink:)

NAHTMMM
08-17-2004, 10:20 PM
(Don't the reference things make this look so much more professional? :wink:)
Oh, definitely ;)

Continuity reform sounds nice. A lack of Nazis sounds good, although you might have to bend that pledge for the first episode or two just to say you got rid of them. Listening to the majority is a good idea.

But what about the other election year issues? Do you support a guest appearance by Shatner? What (if anything) do you intend to do with the underused (some would say overused) Travis and Hoshi? What direction do you envision taking with the Temporal Cold War and with the entire series once the Xindi Arc is over? How susceptible are you to Special Interest groups and Product Placement types' bribery? Most important of all, if elected will you cut taxes?

Xeroc
08-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Yes, your platform sounds sturdy, but as NAHTMMM said, there are many other issues to be addressed. Like what about the job market? With Enterprise in the running jobs for writers, scientific sonsultants, and continuity experts has gone down dramatically! Or cross-network terrorism? And what about the all-important debates? Are you going to be involved in any of those - and if so, do you have any idea when? Good Luck!

In fact, do we even know who can vote yet? Or if any of us can even run?

Heck, If anyone can run, I should run too! I would (of course) address all those issues and more! Let the best person win!

Derek
08-17-2004, 11:08 PM
...and eliminate any member of my staff that brings me a Nazi story idea.
How far are you going when you say "eliminate"?

Also, will you increase funds to NASA? What is your stance on knowledge of the computer industry so we can avoid errors like downloading something means deleting it from the host, etc.? Most importantly, what is your favorite kind of pie?

Asky
08-17-2004, 11:48 PM
A lack of Nazis sounds good, although you might have to bend that pledge for the first episode or two just to say you got rid of them.

Yes, the alien Nazis may have to be explained, oh, say, in the first 30 seconds of the first episode. My apologies for the lack of clarity.

Do you support a guest appearance by Shatner?What (if anything) do you intend to do with the underused (some would say overused) Travis and Hoshi?

I will support a guest appearance if and when I believe that such an event would benefit the series as a whole. The Travis and Hoshi issue is one I will have to discuss with the writing staff, if we cannot find a better use for those characters, we may have to remove them from the series.

What direction do you envision taking with the Temporal Cold War and with the entire series once the Xindi Arc is over?

I don't want to discuss my plans too much for the series during Season 4. But, in Season 4 the Temporal Cold War will be focused on, and will probably be resolved near mid-season, and I don't envision another major story arc until Season 5.

How susceptible are you to Special Interest groups and Product Placement types' bribery? Most important of all, if elected will you cut taxes?

I will not accept any kind of bribe from any group. Hmmm...taxes...uhhh...sure! Huge tax cuts for everyone!

Like what about the job market? With Enterprise in the running jobs for writers, scientific sonsultants, and continuity experts has gone down dramatically!

I will make sure that we will hire the best writers, consultants, and experts needed to dramatically improve the quality of the show. I want to make sure that viewers will see only the very best and highest quality episodes that can be produced!

Or cross-network terrorism?

As soon as I am in office, hundreds of thousands of Paramount servicemen and women will be deployed across the world in the war on cross-network terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they will make the world more secure.

And what about the all-important debates? Are you going to be involved in any of those - and if so, do you have any idea when?

I will make every effort to participate in at least one debate with each and every candidate for the position. However, since the list of the candidates will not be finalized for another two weeks at the earliest, dates have not yet been fixed. Rest assured that it is being worked out as we speak.

In fact, do we even know who can vote yet?

I believe the friendly people at TJI briefly address this issue in the latest issue.

How far are you going when you say "eliminate"?

That depends on the severity of the infraction.

Also, will you increase funds to NASA?

My vision for NASA is to establish a permanent lunar colony and to put a man on Mars be the end of this decade and I will provide NASA with all the funding it needs for these projects and the funding for a massive overhaul of all it's equipment.

What is your stance on knowledge of the computer industry so we can avoid errors like downloading something means deleting it from the host, etc.?

Every staff member working on Enterprise will recieve a two-week course on computer terminology and will be expected to recieve a 95 or above on the test at the end of the course. Downloads that go up will no longer be tolerated.

Most importantly, what is your favorite kind of pie?

Most definately, the best pie is the pie defined as the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.

Zeke
08-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Most definitely, the best pie is the pie defined as the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.

I like this candidate.

Nan
08-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Man. The fake elections are ALWAYS more interesting than the real ones.

Mind, pie has been involved in real elections as well. As artillery. :D

To sum up: Mmm... pie...

Xeroc
08-18-2004, 04:48 AM
In fact, do we even know who can vote yet?

I believe the friendly people at TJI briefly address this issue in the latest issue.
Really?
"They get the first crack at the voters. Of course, we still haven't decided who the voters are yet, but when we do, there will be hell to pay."

Asky
08-18-2004, 09:09 PM
well, it says that they haven't decided, so the answer to your question would be no, that was the point I was trying to make :wink:

Hotaru
08-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Asky, I hate to do this, but...

If at all possible, I'm running against you! My platform runs on the thought that in order to know what the people want, you have to be a person. If elected, I plan on scavenging the internet for peoples thoughts, and even going so far as to send out questionaires to those who subscribe to Star Trek magazines.

No more cheesy innuendo, or silly plot twists. I even plan on drafting a banned plot lines list. Even representation of characters is also high on my agenda, with each character recieving at least 2 character development episodes. As well, those developments will be passed on to future episodes.

For the first 7 months of my term, I will have weekly showings of a full season of trek. At the end of the showing a test will be issued. Failure will result in a months suspension until that test, and all other missed tests, can be passed.

My motto? "The three C's: Continuity, Character, and Sensibility - if Sensibiliy started with a C"

Good luck to you, Asky.

Derek
08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
No more cheesy innuendo, or silly plot twists. I even plan on drafting a banned plot lines list. Even representation of characters is also high on my agenda, with each character recieving at least 2 character development episodes. As well, those developments will be passed on to future episodes.
Just 2 character development episodes?

Don't you understand character development? Character development is the most important aspect of a TV series! Every episode should develop all of the characters equally and they should keep those developments forever.

Ideally every episode should focus on the characters sitting around in the mess hall talking to each other and becoming self-actualized as people. Some people might say this would be boring, but if you have really interesting characters, you don't need a plot.

And continuity is important too. In these "mess hall chats" I think it would be good if every episode could pick up exactly where the previous left off. What's more, great care should be taken to make sure that the characters never contradict themselves, since people in real life never contradict themselves. And if a character ever changes his mind or his views, it needs to be a big event with special music and long shots at the character's conflicted face.

People say DS9 was big on character development, and I agree it was a good start, but wouldn't it have been so much better if instead of warships and stuff like that, we just had the Female Shapeshifter, Weyoun, Kai Winn, Dukat, Damar, Brunt, the Nagus, Martok, Ross, and all the DS9 crew sitting around Quark's and just talking with each other? Then we would've really understood the Founder's motivations.

So I agree, who cares about plot twists and cheap action sequences? Let's have some REAL character development.

Zeke
08-19-2004, 02:25 PM
::: laughs for 47 minutes straight :::

Sa'ar Chasm
08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
I, too, am running against Asky. Well, actually, I'm managing the campaign of someone else: ASCII. He has exactly the same platform, election tactics and campaign strategy as Asky, but with a different name. The target demographic is former Asky voters who may be feeling some irrational disgruntlement based on...well, we'll invent motives as we go.

Same ice cream, slightly different flavour. Let the vote splitting begin!

antodav
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Since it's an integral part of my scheme to eventual galactic domination anyway, I too must throw my hat into the ring and run for ExecProd of the Star Trek franchise (hey, it's what I eventually dream of doing anyway)

*ehem*

There is only one man who can rid the Star Trek franchise of the evil schenanigans of Boss Rick Berman!
One guy in crowd: Hooray!

I am speaking of course of AN TO DAV (myself) the fighting trekker, the friend of the writing man, THE NEXT EXECUTIVE PRODUCER OF THIS FRANCHISE! I enter upon this campaign...

WITH ONE PURPOSE ONLY! To point out, and make public, the stupidity, the downright villiany, of Boss Rick Berman's political machine!

Now in COMPLETE CONTROL of the government of Trek!

I make no..."campaign promises"...because until a few minutes ago, I had no hope of being elected (since I wasn't running).

*the crowd laughs*

Now however...I have something more than a hope (the pity of others). And RICK BERMAN...Rick Berman has something less than a chance.

*the crowd cheers and laughs*

Every straw vote (consisting of myself), every independent poll (well, except for the one on the Commodore thread)...shows that I'll be elected!

*cheers*

Now I can afford to make some promises!

*laughter*

The working fan....the working fan...and the slum child, watching Trek on the back of a cardboard box....know they can expect my best efforts in their interests! The decent, ordinary Trek fans know that I'll do everything in my power to protect the underpriviliged (those who don't have UPN), the underpaid (those who can't afford Trek DVD sets), and the underfed (those who only get to watch Trek once a week)!

*cheers*

My fictional 8 year old son: Mother, is pop executive producer yet?
My fictional, gorgeous wife: Not yet, junior.

Well, I'd make my promises now...if I weren't too busy arranging to keep them (bribery, prostitution, etc....).

*laughter*

Here's one promise I'll make! And Boss Rick Berman knows I'll keep it: my first act as executive producer of the Trek franchise...will be to appoint a special smarmy trial lawyer (like my buddy, John Edwards) to arrange for the inditement, persecution...err prosecution...and FLOGGING...of Bosses Rick Berman and Brannon Braga!

*cheers*

*Rick Berman watches from the rafters above me, scheming, and puts on his hat as he walks away to plot my demise*...

YES! I'm in...now I just hope nobody finds out about the affair I had with that singer from the town hall in Trenton, New Jersey....

Antodav

P.S.: If you didn't get the joke behind this post, you really need to watch classic cinema some more.

PointyHairedJedi
08-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Naturally I too intend to run. Radical changes are needed on Enterprise, and I believe myself the man to implment them.

First off, we shall discover that Archer has been Evil Future Guy all along, getting beaten up and manipulating the political situation of the time for his own ends. Now, I don't want to reveal too much, but suffice it to say Trip discovers this by following a seemingly innocous chain of events, and upon learning the truth Trip has a dramatic showdown on the bridge with "Archer" and kills him in a fight to the death (I'm thinking by ripping his heart out of his chest, but that's just a provisional outline). Trip then assumes the captaincy of the Enterprise, and later on gets married to both T'Pol and Hoshi (it'll turn out he was a Mormon all along). Now, after this, I figure we'll have a fairly normal season - Reed blows some shit up, Phlox commits genocide a few more times, and Travis turns out to be a changling.

Now, at this point (the season four finalé) a mysterious traveller and his companions will show up, claiming to be time travellers from a parallel reality, one where the events that take place on board the Enterprise are a TV show. This time traveller, whose name is the Physician, will explain that he deliberately jumped into this reality (in his phone-booth shaped ship, the TRADIS) to alter it so that it would comform with the previously established continuity of this alternate dimension TV show (which is known as Star Voyage) so that he can defeat the evil masterminds behind the alteration of the true timeline (the BormanBreega, a hidious two-headed beast). Trip at first is aghast at the idea, but the Physician offers him a bag of jelly-beans and Trip decides it's not such a bad idea after all. The Physican outlines his plan - he will send them into yet another alternate dimension, and by removing the Enterrpise the proper timeline will be put back into place. Some technicobabble and a cliffhanger later, the Enterprise pops into existance in another reality, and season five kicks off from there.

There will be one ir two minor changes to the format of the show too. It will now be called The Trip Tucker Variety Hour, and feature at least one musical number per episode. I also plan to utilize the latest computer technology to create several Trip "clones", who will turn up at various points to deliever hilarious one-liners and occasionally take their shirts off. I've also got some big plans for the look of the whole show - I won't be giving too much away I think if I tell you all that I'm planning on going for a very retro seventies feel with the whole thing.

So, as you can see, I am clearly the man for the job. No one else really can claim to have the same kind of vision for it, and no-one else can truly say that they will improve the show like I will be able to.

This has been a partly political broadcast on behalf of the Vote Pointy! campaign.

Alexia
08-19-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't want to run, behind the scenes is more my...scene :wink: I am happy to be a campaign manager though! Anyone want to hire me? :mrgreen: I take bribes... :wink:

Zeke
08-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Since it's an integral part of my scheme to eventual galactic domination anyway, I too must throw my hat into the ring and run for ExecProd of the Star Trek franchise

Oh, GOD almighty....

Alexia
08-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh, GOD almighty....

:roll: Yes? :lol:

Xeroc
08-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Well, now with everyone stating their platforms and all, I better state mine, I after all was the second here to state (more or less) that I was to be running:
In fact, do we even know who can vote yet? Or if any of us can even run?

Heck, If anyone can run, I should run too! I would (of course) address all those issues and more! Let the best person win!

Let's see ... I will now demonstrate how I would make Enterprise superior to what it is now...

First I would set up an anti-B&B campain donation fund entitled "Anti-B&B campain donation fund" (never would have guessed would you?) and with the money generated I can run advertising for my campain to unseat B&B, and If that doesn't work, I'll hire an NBC assassin to take care of them.

I'll then use the several billon dollars of contributions from fans of Star Trek left over to fund a 371.42% increase in all aspects of quality for Enterprise (and buy a private island chain in the pacific but that's not important right now).

Naturally there will me much more plot, character development (but not like Derek, oh god no), special effects (but only cool ones, no more cheesy rip-offs like before), and, of course, less sex (because without B&B it'll actually be 100% of fans demanding this).

Of course, I will also hire only the best writers, scientific consultants, and continuity experts.

In terms of the specifics of the season I can't give much away but it will include cool aliens, the TCW, hoshi not losing her shirt for no other reason than to lose her shirt, pie, and, of course, stuff.

So, Vote Xeroc!

PointyHairedJedi
08-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Oh, GOD almighty....
Hehehehehehehe....

Asky
08-19-2004, 09:25 PM
heh, I kinda agree with ya, Zeke

Nan
08-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Elections here, elections at DC...

IT CAN'T BE EVADED!

Hotaru
08-19-2004, 11:23 PM
You should join in, Nan!

Now, just for the fun of it:
*pokes Nan*

catalina_marina
08-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Uh-oh.

*Hides behind chair*

NAHTMMM
08-20-2004, 02:26 AM
You should join in, Nan!

Now, just for the fun of it:
*pokes Nan*

Agh, too many jokes here to pick from...

*hides anyway*

Nan
08-20-2004, 03:18 AM
Don't poke me, please. It's annoying.

Zeke
08-20-2004, 03:20 AM
First I would set up an anti-B&B campain donation fund entitled "Anti-B&B campain donation fund" (never would have guessed would you?) and with the money generated I can run advertising for my campain to unseat B&B, and If that doesn't work, I'll hire an NBC assassin to take care of them.

In other words... just so we're clear on this... your first act on being elected would be to start a campaign to oust the people you've already ousted by getting elected.

You're in serious danger of losing the Vulcan vote.

Xeroc
08-20-2004, 03:44 AM
In other words... just so we're clear on this... your first act on being elected would be to start a campaign to oust the people you've already ousted by getting elected.

You're in serious danger of losing the Vulcan vote.
No, First means before being elected, then I could use that money once I get elected (and for the ad campain / NBC assassin before I get elected)!

Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

But don't worry about me and the Vulcans - I have campain advisers working on an ad campain to be run specifically targed at people of logic, stoic demeanor, emotional detachment, and pointy ears.

antodav
08-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Since it's an integral part of my scheme to eventual galactic domination anyway, I too must throw my hat into the ring and run for ExecProd of the Star Trek franchise

Oh, GOD almighty....

Huh? Oh, I get it....yes, Zeke, now you finally seem to be getting the point. LOL

Your Lord and Savior,
Antodav

Nan
08-20-2004, 05:57 AM
To paraphrase Kirk: What kind of god needs to be elected?

<runs away>

Alexia
08-20-2004, 07:11 AM
First I would set up an anti-B&B campain donation fund entitled "Anti-B&B campain donation fund"

Just what exactly do you guys have against bed and breakfasts? :wink: :twisted:

Hotaru
08-20-2004, 08:26 AM
First I would set up an anti-B&B campain donation fund entitled "Anti-B&B campain donation fund"

Just what exactly do you guys have against bed and breakfasts? :wink: :twisted:

They don't serve Lunch!

I will acutally keep B&B around for awhile. Due to what I've seen on the show, I assume that they've never actually watched an episode. On my official website for Enterprise Ideas (In which fans are free to submit idea's, and even look at possible ideas for future shows and critique them) I will create a special page entitled, "Aren't you glad you didn't elect them back?" In which I relay all their crazy ideas. Seeing as they don't watch the show, they won't know they are just being made fun of.

I plan on focusing the series into developing things we already know. Such things as the Romulan War, and the creation of the Prime Directive are top of my list. So, as you go to the polls whenever, if you can, remember the 3 C's, and vote Hotaru!

In case anyone doesn't know, this was sponsored by me. Because, honestly, who would make an add campaign that supports their opposition? Did you expect me to say "Vote Xeroc, he's cool"? If you did, you're crazy.

catalina_marina
08-20-2004, 10:38 AM
remember the 3 C's,
Er... Could you remind me? :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
08-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I shall just have to assume that you've all been struck speechless by my sheer genius... :roll:

NAHTMMM
08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh, we have. ;)

Xeroc
08-20-2004, 04:42 PM
In case anyone doesn't know, this was sponsored by me. Because, honestly, who would make an add campaign that supports their opposition? Did you expect me to say "Vote Xeroc, he's cool"? If you did, you're crazy.
The joke's on you - you did say "Vote Xeroc, he's cool"!

This message sponsored by the "Vote Xeroc!" Campain. This notice did not accept any soft-money contributions from international sources.

Hotaru
08-20-2004, 07:53 PM
First off the 3 C's are "Continuity, Character, and Sensibility"

Secondly, Xeroc, you don't stand a chance against me! For I have the one thing you don't... a strong like of strange sitcoms! Wait... that's not right...

I don't know what I have over you, but I'll win.

I'm Hotaru and I approved this message. Vote for me, or else I will hijack every thread to talk about FFXI!

Asky
08-20-2004, 08:08 PM
unless I win

Hotaru
08-20-2004, 08:29 PM
But you won't win! Because I have unleashed my secret weapon...

My Yuna Avatar!

Alexia
08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
It's cool. I like it 8)

Xeroc
08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Yes, cool.

<-- But nothing compared to the power of MY avatar!

(Hey! Cool! This is my 101st post!)

Asky
08-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Ah, but my avatar out-cools all of yours!!

Nan
08-20-2004, 10:27 PM
2 pages and you're already arguing about avatar eliteness.

Well, I suppose it couldn't last. :D

Asky
08-20-2004, 10:30 PM
okay, back on topic, Vote for me!

catalina_marina
08-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Based on avatar, I would vote for Alexia. Is she running? Cause if she's not I would have to go for Hotaru.

(Hotaru, if Lexy's running, this is your cue to kill her. :twisted: )

PointyHairedJedi
08-20-2004, 10:48 PM
She's quite quite evil, you know.

How can any of you pretenders hope to compete against my genuis coupled with the awesomeness that is Catbert anyway? :D

catalina_marina
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
^Heh. For the ignorant, I just tried setting up four individual PHJs to kill all the rest. :wink:

Hotaru
08-21-2004, 12:16 AM
How can any of you pretenders howp to compete against my genuis coupled with the aswesomness that is Catbert anyway? :D

Ahem.

Vote for me! I know how to spell "Hope" properly!

I would never kill Alexia, she's not running :D . Actually, Lexy is now my running mate! Congratulations Lexy! As the only member with a running mate, I'm the only one that can have a two tier campaign! In your face everyone else!

Asky
08-21-2004, 12:52 AM
wellll, I now have two running mates...uhhh...me and...myself!

EDIT: Oops, just realized I used multiple excamation points.

NAHTMMM
08-21-2004, 01:12 AM
wellll, I now have two running mates...uhhh...me and...myself!!
*shakes his head*

You do realize PHJ has you woefully outclassed in that case, right? ;)

Xeroc
08-21-2004, 01:13 AM
I would never kill Alexia, she's not running :D . Actually, Lexy is now my running mate! Congratulations Lexy! As the only member with a running mate, I'm the only one that can have a two tier campaign! In your face everyone else!
Is that official? I'd like to see it in writing. (and no, you posting again doesn't count!)

Asky
08-21-2004, 02:36 AM
You do realize PHJ has you woefully outclassed in that case, right? ;)

uhhh...of course not

PointyHairedJedi
08-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Well, naturally! With all the PHJ's helping me, just think of the new heights of quality that the show can reach!

Alexia
08-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I would never kill Alexia, she's not running . Actually, Lexy is now my running mate! Congratulations Lexy! As the only member with a running mate, I'm the only one that can have a two tier campaign! In your face everyone else!

Little presumtuous there, Hotaru! I may not chose you! I am still deciding on which "policy" I like best. PHJ is looking favourable as well!

Based on avatar, I would vote for Alexia. Is she running? Cause if she's not I would have to go for Hotaru. (Hotaru, if Lexy's running, this is your cue to kill her. :twisted: )

Hmmm...Well, I could run. What do you think? Is there any female oposition in here? :wink:

catalina_marina
08-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey, if you're going to choose PHJ, you lose my vote. :roll:

Alexia
08-21-2004, 01:07 PM
:roll: OK, PHJ is struck from the list of my candidates :wink:

Draknek
08-21-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll run, but I'm beta-testing a new opt-in campaign strategy, where you have to choose to receive any details of my campaign at all.

If anyone wants to know what my empty promises, false hopes and misleading statements are, they need to send $50 and a self-addressed envelope to:

Draknek

Don't worry, the post office knows what to do.

Note that all you people in the running should really sign up, or you'll be completely in the dark as to how my campaign is going. I could come out of the blue and completely steamroll you into the floor on the day of the election.

PointyHairedJedi
08-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Pah! None of you stand a chance against the collective savvy of the PHJ's!

:P

Asky
08-21-2004, 06:20 PM
time will tell...

Xeroc
08-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Little presumtuous there, Hotaru! I may not chose you! I am still deciding on which "policy" I like best.
If you're interested in being someone's running mate - I would be glad to have you as mine!

Free Coffee!

Alexia
08-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Hmmm, free coffee you say? What kind off coffee?

Still can't decide if i want to run. I may have lost my one and only voter, ie: cat, by changing my avatar. Again :wink:

Does cat like this one? Does anyone else? :twisted:

Alexia
08-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, I will run as well.

I, as your only female candidate in the race thus far, will vow to put more female characters on the ship.

I will give Hoshi and Travis lots more lines, story arcs and character development.

I will give more of shirtless Trip, for certain forumgoers, and more shirtless T'Pol for others :wink: Tastefully done of course :mrgreen:

I also see character delvelopment and continuity as important features of Trek. We want to learn about these people, and also see their journey make sense from episode to episode; moving forward without the aide of alien Nazi's.

Finally, I would never poke Nan :D

Questions? Supporters?

Hotaru
08-22-2004, 09:17 PM
I can't believe you Lexy! I just... It's so...

:cry:

If I am elected I vow to give up Nan poking, if not elected, however, I shall increase the poking! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! Who ya gonna vote for now, Nan?

Nan
08-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Hotaru, I've asked you nicely before. I don't like it, it's not funny, so just stop it.

catalina_marina
08-22-2004, 10:34 PM
I may have lost my one and only voter, ie: cat, by changing my avatar. Again :wink:
Indeed. :?

However...

I will give more of shirtless Trip,
You might just have gained it back. :D

Asky
08-23-2004, 12:34 AM
I will give more of shirtless Trip, for certain forumgoers, and more shirtless T'Pol for others :wink:

Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick...

Nic Corelli
08-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Who wants me for his/her running mate? Or actually vote for me for E.P.? I actually have some reasonable ideas... like cutting the season from 26 and 24 to 18 episodes - which will undoubtedly ensure a season densely packed with excitement and high quality episodes, eliminating the possibility of another "Fortunate Son" (yawn) or "Fallen Hero" (yaaawn) or "The Communicator (bleeeh).

Also, Travis will accidentally cause the death of Archer, which will haunt him for many episodes, leading to massive guilt, remorse, multiple personality disorder and a great showdown with Silik. That should make up for years and years of horrible underuse. :mrgreen: It will also rid us of the annoying Archer, putting T`Pol in the Captain`s chair and her loved little Trip as her second in command. Woo!

P.S. - There will also be Cardassians on the show - LOTS of them! :twisted:

admiral sab
08-23-2004, 01:32 AM
geez the election at SB1 have just ended and we have a new acting commodore. My campaign managing services are up for grabs! I have plenty of experience of course none of my people have won, but the SLOGANS are forever seared in our brains!

Just ask any DCer here what the words "Stranger things have happened" brings to mind. Oh yeah, they remember.

Xeroc
08-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Who wants me for his/her running mate? Or actually vote for me for E.P.? I actually have some reasonable ideas... like cutting the season from 26 and 24 to 18 episodes - which will undoubtedly ensure a season densely packed with excitement and high quality episodes, eliminating the possibility of another "Fortunate Son" (yawn) or "Fallen Hero" (yaaawn) or "The Communicator (bleeeh).

Also, Travis will accidentally cause the death of Archer, which will haunt him for many episodes, leading to massive guilt, remorse, multiple personality disorder and a great showdown with Silik. That should make up for years and years of horrible underuse. :mrgreen: It will also rid us of the annoying Archer, putting T`Pol in the Captain`s chair and her loved little Trip as her second in command. Woo!

P.S. - There will also be Cardassians on the show - LOTS of them! :twisted:
Nic, I like your ideas and I think they would mesh well with mine. I would be glad to have you as a running mate! We could be both executive producers of Enterprise - kind of like B&B, but we'd be 1,000,000 times better!

Zeke
08-23-2004, 03:52 AM
Okay, since I'm doing the next article tomorrow, would somebody mind going through the thread and posting a list of who all is running?

NAHTMMM
08-23-2004, 04:02 AM
Asky
Xeroc
Hotaru
ASCII (whose campaign is run by Sa'ar Chasm)
antodav
PointyHairedJedi
Draknek
Alexia
Nic Corelli is fishing for running mates
admiral sab has apparently offered her services as campaign manager to all and sundry

I *think* that about covers it. :?

Nan
08-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Nan refuses to run, but is happy to act as commentator. :D

Xeroc
08-23-2004, 04:40 AM
Asky
Xeroc
Hotaru
antodav
PointyHairedJedi
Draknek
Alexia
admiral sab has apparently offered her services as campaign manager to all and sundry
Looks correct to me! (But shouldn't it go Xeroc, Asky, etc.?)

Alexia
08-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Ooooooooh sab! Run with me! Girl Power! :mrgreen:

And Hotaru, sorry about that, but hey, thats politics :wink:

Nic Corelli
08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Xeroc, I accept your offer! I shalt be thy running mate. We shalt prevail! All shall love us and despair! Mwahahahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PointyHairedJedi
08-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Anyone that wants to assist me in making The Trip Tucker Variety Hour a reality is more than welcome!

Nic Corelli
08-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Anyone that wants to assist me in making The Trip Tucker Variety Hour a reality is more than welcome!

oops. now im in a big dilemma. :P

Draknek
08-23-2004, 01:44 PM
I note that none of you have so far applied to receive my campaign mailings.

I must stress that this is a very dangerous political move.

And I need that money so bad....

NAHTMMM
08-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Asky
Xeroc
Hotaru
antodav
PointyHairedJedi
Draknek
Alexia
Looks correct to me! (But shouldn't it go Xeroc, Asky, etc.?)
Actually, studies have shown that being listed second on a butterfly ballot gets you most of the votes from people who just decide to vote for whoever's listed first ;)

catalina_marina
08-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Alexia... Pointy... Alexia... Pointy... Or parhaps Xeroc? What was his policy again? :roll:

Alexia
08-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Me! I have an army of cool avatars! And I'm an evil girl! AND PHJ has run off with nic :wink:

catalina_marina
08-23-2004, 09:25 PM
AND PHJ has run off with nic :wink:
Well that part's true, at least. :roll:

Fine, PHJ is off the list.

But Xeroc has such a cool avatar!

Xeroc
08-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Xeroc, I accept your offer! I shalt be thy running mate. We shalt prevail! All shall love us and despair! Mwahahahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We shall triumph together!

But Xeroc has such a cool avatar!
Thanks! 8)

catalina_marina
08-24-2004, 12:11 AM
So what's your policy now? You do have a policy, don't you? :wink:

Asky
08-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Don't bet on it...

Zeke
08-24-2004, 03:38 AM
I'm running late with the article, but I guess that's okay because you guys are still shuffling running mates and such. Thanks for the list, Nah.

Xeroc
08-24-2004, 04:07 AM
So what's your policy now? You do have a policy, don't you? :wink:
Yes, of course!

To reiterate my general platform:
First, before I am elected, I would set up an anti-B&B campain donation fund entitled "Anti-B&B campain donation fund" (never would have guessed would you?) and with the money generated I can run advertising for my campain to unseat B&B, and If that doesn't work, I'll hire an NBC assassin to take care of them.
(as soon as we know who can vote the campain fund will be open for donations)

I'll then, once I'm elected, use the several billon dollars of contributions from fans of Star Trek left over to fund a 371.42% increase in all aspects of quality for Enterprise (and buy a private island chain in the pacific but that's not important right now).

Naturally there will me much more plot, character development (but not like Derek, oh god no), special effects (but only cool ones, no more cheesy rip-offs like before), and, of course, less sex (because without B&B it'll actually be 100% of fans demanding this).

Of course, I will also hire only the best writers, scientific consultants, and continuity experts.

In terms of the specifics of the season I can't give much away but it will include cool aliens, the TCW, hoshi not losing her shirt for no other reason than to lose her shirt (anything like this will be done tastefully, of course), pie, and, of course, stuff.

Nic's ideas (already stated above) are also part of our collective platform.

So, Vote Xeroc Aquillion & Nic Corelli!

mudshark
08-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Asky
Xeroc
Hotaru
antodav
PointyHairedJedi
Draknek
Alexia

**considers floating rumor that Jolene Blalock will enter race at last minute -- the news that was too hot for Stuff to print?**

:twisted:

catalina_marina
08-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Hm, nice policy. But ACK! You have Nic as a running mate. :?

Alexia, you're in luck today. :wink:

Alexia
08-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Yay! I dont think sab has been on lately, I want to know if she will run with me :mrgreen:

admiral sab
08-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Lexy, I shall run with you! I had to work all day yesterday. From 7 to 6, but I am here now! :) Girl Power! plus I'm an admiral, I like power! ;)

Vote LEXY for Exec Producer...Because Janeway was created by a woman Exec.

Alexia
08-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Excellent! :mrgreen: Go us! Now...to the planning :twisted: :wink:

catalina_marina
08-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Yes, Sab is okay. I'll still vote for you. :wink:

Now I'd say that I'll even vote for you more but, er... I don't think I can. :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
08-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Dammit, it looks like I'm going to have to resort to my every present Plan B - bribery and blackmail! :D

Alexia
08-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Ahahahahahaha! :twisted: Also...too late with the bribery :wink: You may have me on the blackmail though...:mrgreen:

Ginga
08-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Lexy, I shall run with you! I had to work all day yesterday. From 7 to 6, but I am here now! :) Girl Power! plus I'm an admiral, I like power! ;)

Vote LEXY for Exec Producer...Because Janeway was created by a woman Exec.

Any mention of Janeway in campaigns earns my vote. :P *gets a ballot and pencil ready*

Nic Corelli
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Xeroc and I promise continuity! Since I have devoted the last eight years of my life to nothing other than watching TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and the Movies, like, 8 times around, I can assure you any slightest continuity error will be absolutely impossible! :D :mrgreen:

Also, Cardassians! :twisted:

Nic Corelli
08-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes, I did watch Enterprise too! :P

Also, if anyone happens to vote for Xeroc and myself, I may be so touched and grateful, enough to ensure my voters a direct reference to any of them, by name, in my next few fivers (I have about 5 written and ready, awaiting publication any day now... adding a few extra references will be no problem at all)... Heh. Heheh. Heheheheheh. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

catalina_marina
08-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Also, if anyone happens to vote for Xeroc and myself, I may be so touched and grateful, enough to ensure my voters a direct reference to any of them, by name, in my next few fivers (I have about 5 written and ready, awaiting publication any day now... adding a few extra references will be no problem at all)... Heh. Heheh. Heheheheheh. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oh, now I'm not sure anymore... It's very tempting... :roll:

Asky
08-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Also, if anyone happens to vote for Xeroc and myself, I may be so touched and grateful, enough to ensure my voters a direct reference to any of them, by name, in my next few fivers

Hmmmm, that may be enough to get me to vote for you instead of me...

MaverickZer0
08-26-2004, 02:06 AM
...I'm not sure about democracy (I prefer dictatorship--less expensive and more blood) but I may or may not take part in the democratic process.

What? I can be serious.

Either that or the annoying guy who tries to get people to vote Undecided for no reason other than to subvert the system.

(Overthrow the system! Vote Undecided!)

Alexia
08-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh, now I'm not sure anymore... It's very tempting... :roll:

HA! Well I'm wrting a fiver at the moment too, and it isnt finished already and no one "official" has seen it, so I could easily slip a few references in, no problem!

I also promised continuity :wink: Think we pretty much all watch the shows nic :wink:

AND...I will personally make anyone of you an avatar of your choice if you would like me too.

Sab? Wanna add anything? :wink:

admiral sab
08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Yes I want to add that Nic's new avvy should make anyone not vote for them! LOL talk about continuity? Eh... that's important but what's more important is that Trip and T'Pol become a couple this season. I have early script pages and I can tell you that Alexia and I have plans to make T/T happen. Trip will have to be shirtless of course and we'll also make plans to bring some kryptonite on board so Super Archer can go back to being a mortal. Also, we have plans to give the little people a storyline. Travis and Hoshi deserve a story and they are going to get one. Kirk will make his scheduled appearance, but so will Janeway. How cool would that be? If Enterprise went to the future and met Janeway and the gang. Those are our plans. Oh and no evil alien Nazis. Only nice alien Nazis allowed. ;)

catalina_marina
08-26-2004, 03:59 PM
HA! Well I'm wrting a fiver at the moment too, and it isnt finished already and no one "official" has seen it, so I could easily slip a few references in, no problem!
I don't know... Nic's offer sounds better. :wink:

AND...I will personally make anyone of you an avatar of your choice if you would like me too.
Thanks but no thanks. I already have the perfect avatar, thanks to Nan. :D

Yes I want to add that Nic's new avvy should make anyone not vote for them!
Same goes for Alexia though. :wink:

(No offence Lexy, I just really liked your last one)

what's more important is that Trip and T'Pol become a couple this season. I have early script pages and I can tell you that Alexia and I have plans to make T/T happen.
Ooh! :D

Also, we have plans to give the little people a storyline. Travis and Hoshi deserve a story and they are going to get one.
A very important point.

Kirk will make his scheduled appearance, but so will Janeway. How cool would that be? If Enterprise went to the future and met Janeway and the gang.
NNNOOOOOO!

Oh and no evil alien Nazis. Only nice alien Nazis allowed. ;)
But I liked the Evil Alien Nazi!

*Crickets chirp*

What? :roll:

Alexia
08-26-2004, 04:34 PM

But he still ran off with PHJ :wink:

True, but maybe other people want one!

:roll: Don't say I never do anything for ya! :wink:

Kirk will make his scheduled appearance, but so will Janeway. How cool would that be? If Enterprise went to the future and met Janeway and the gang.
NNNOOOOOO!

Sorry sab, but I don't really want Kirk to appear on Enterprise. Maybe Janeway's great great great great grandmother though, who, by sheer coincidence, also looks like Kate Mulgrew :mrgreen:

*Crickets chirp*

Sorry, I still draw the line at alian nazi's :wink: and now have RSI from the amount of times I've typed quote :wink:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/Button2.gif

Ginga
08-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Kirk will make his scheduled appearance, but so will Janeway. How cool would that be?

Alright, that's it, Alexia's officially getting my vote. :D

catalina_marina
08-26-2004, 09:12 PM

But he still ran off with PHJ :wink:
Nope, not anymore. :wink:

True, but maybe other people want one!
And I'm supposed to vote for you because of other people? Sorry, but I'm not that non-evil. :twisted:

:roll: Don't say I never do anything for ya! :wink:
WOO! :D

Er... You're not making this easy for me... :rolleyes:

*Crickets chirp*

Sorry, I still draw the line at alian nazi's :wink:
Well alright, I don't think anyone else would really keep them in. :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/Button2.gif
Uh oh. I think you just convinced me. :roll:

Nic? Got anything to counter? I'd really want to vote for you, but Lexy is being extremely convincing. :roll:

Nic Corelli
08-26-2004, 10:52 PM
I also promised continuity :wink: Think we pretty much all watch the shows nic :wink:

But you don`t know who JAKE SISKO is! Nyah nyah! :P

***anonymous political broadcast***

ALEXIA WANTS TO BE EXEC.PRODUCER OF TREK BUT DOESN`T KNOW WHO JAKE SISKO IS NYAH NYAH NYAH! :mrgreen: :P :twisted:

***anonymous broadcast over***

Well, you are writing a fiver, but did I mention I have 5 fivers ready? Every voter can get THREE references! Also, if Xeroc and I are elected, Enterprise will travel to the future and meet not only Janeway, but Picard and Sisko as well! Woohoo!

Riker will romance T`Pol and then Trip will beat him up, Geordi will beat up Archer, Crusher, Phlox and the EMH will perform a surgery together and bicker most amusingly, Troi will beat up Archer, Seven of Nine and Malcolm will fall in love, thus destroying C/7, Odo will frighten Hoshi with his shapeshifting skills, Naomi Wildman will beat up Archer...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zeke
08-26-2004, 11:27 PM
The article will probably have to wait till the weekend, kids. Keep campaignin'.

catalina_marina
08-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Naomi Wildman will beat up Archer...
Ooh this I gotta see. Consider my vote yours. :D

Ginga
08-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Uh-oh. Nic's sounding pretty convincing now, too... :/

Asky
08-27-2004, 12:06 AM
so many people to vote for...including myself... :shock:

Nic Corelli
08-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Eeeee! Thanks Cat! I knew you would make the right decision! And Fuyu... You know you want to! :D

Also in my campaign... two special action episodes, one with Janeway in a sweatshirt with a big phaser rifle, beating Archer up with it, and the other with Trip being shirtless for the whole hour! :twisted:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 12:52 AM
one with Janeway in a sweatshirt with a big phaser rifle, beating Archer up with it

Oh, dear. Oh dear. O_O Phaser rifle... pwnage... *is feeling herself defecting to Nic's side*

Nic Corelli
08-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Yeah! That`s right!

(P.S. ZEKE! WHERE IS MY NEW MEMBER TITLE? :P)

Back to topic... I have a campaign poster! :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/nic_corelli/Tom22a.jpg

Heehee. :mrgreen:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 05:39 AM
*sits down and waits for more of Nic's campaign promises with wide, shining eyes*

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:08 AM
:roll: :shock:

Oh boy...curse my different time zones. Someone remind me go go tie Nic to a chair when I go to sleep will ya :wink:

OK.

Thank you nic for conveniently dismissing my second post about the Jake Sisko Picture. If you remember rightly I actually said,

*thinks* Oh? Is it Jake Sisko? Still don't get it...

I did know who he was, I jsut didnt remember the episode, thus not understanding the "witty" slogan...also he was all big and veiny, so, forgive my ignorance. However, although I havent watched the DS9 episodes 5 times each, I have seen them all once. I do, however, challenge you to give me anything vaguely connected to Voyager and I will know what it is without thinking. Those I have seen about 10 times each :mrgreen:

Everyone has their favourite series nic :wink:

Cat. So quickly you forget your tears over the loss of PHJ...and after I made a wallpaper that you are now using as well. I can even make one that fits your desktop if you like. OR make a totally new one of your choice. Hows that? Plus, I changed my avvy back :wink:

Fuyu, I'm disappointed. Being a fellow Janewayite who visits the J-Team, adores the goddess and would do anything in the name of Kathryn Janeway, I thought we were on the same level. Of course betsy would be featured. The phasor rifle is as much a part of Janeway as her hair and coffee! Plus, I also adore coffee...vote me for continued Janeway support!

As for all the other "promises" Nic has made, I notice they come from him, rather than Xeroc, who is the person actaully running in case you've forgotten. Nic maybe making all the promises, but Xeroc would be the chief man. Sure, he may back up his promises now he has heard they have support, but do you really want the continuation of Trek run by the 2nd in command? Think about it :wink: :twisted:

Myself and Sab are working as A Team, to give you, as viewers, what you want! If you want Naomi Wildman to beat up Archer, I have no problem with that. Personally, I'd like to see Janeway, or maybe even B'Elanna, beat the bejasus out of Seven of Nine myself... :twisted: :twisted:

All this and a campaign button too...I shall make a campaign poster later today. Unfortunantly, I have to go to work...but, if elected, I have no problem telling them where they can stick their job so I can run Enterprise full time. Plus, I will have some capital behind me! :mrgreen:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 06:19 AM
-Fuyu, I'm disappointed. Being a fellow Janewayite who visits the J-Team, adores the goddess and would do anything in the name of Kathryn Janeway, I thought we were on the same level. Of course betsy would be featured. The phasor rifle is as much a part of Janeway as her hair and coffee! Plus, I also adore coffee...vote me for continued Janeway support!
-Personally, I'd like to see Janeway, or maybe even B'Elanna, beat the bejasus out of Seven of Nine myself...

*lip quivers*

AGH! I can't take it! Such indesicion! T_T *puts herself at equal distance between Alexia's side and Nic's side*

Alright. Fire away the Janeway promises! :D

Hey, I know. If you promise to get The J-Team to update, then my vote is yours. :lol:

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:41 AM
I would love to promise that, but sadly I have no power there. :cry: It is something I would like to see myself. :D

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Oh, and neither does nic, so don't even think about promising it!

What I will say, is I will try! I have been registered as a Janewayite on the message boards for over a year :wink:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh, and neither does nic, so don't even think about promising it!

What I will say, is I will try! I have been registered as a Janewayite on the message boards for over a year :wink:

I registered in April. You know what my rank is?

"Awaiting Authorization".

That is one hawt rank. :roll:

What makes it worse is the fact that you can't even post 'till you're authorized. I'd rant, but... :/ *tries pounding on the door screaming "I HAVE COFFEE!" instead*

Hotaru
08-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Gosh, I go away for a few days to campaign in Singapore, and I come back to this! Hmm... why should you vote for me? Simple. I'm a guy, yet I'm often mistaken for a girl. What does this mean? It means that I know what both sexes want in a TV show. As such I will work for equal time for sexy scenes of each sex.

Also, I've decided to bring back good writers. These writers will be determined by a survey, in which survey's will be sent to random households, but if you wish to participate and did not recieve a survey you can mail in for one. Therefore, I will have the best writing minds on my team.

My platform runs less on what changes I wish to make, and more on what changes YOU want to make. I have a few ideas in my mind, but if you dissaprove, then they won't go through. So vote for me, because it's a vote for you.

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Cat. So quickly you forget your tears over the loss of PHJ...and after I made a wallpaper that you are now using as well. I can even make one that fits your desktop if you like. OR make a totally new one of your choice. Hows that? Plus, I changed my avvy back :wink:
I forgot my tears because I got PHJ back. :wink:

You did make the wallpaper, and I thank you for that. And yes, the avatar is quite nice too. But actually, the wallpaper fits quite nicely on my desktop. :wink:

But Nic is promising references in fivers!

(And Nic, I don't think you're going to get a new title anytime soon. :wink: )

Alexia
08-27-2004, 11:36 AM
What do I have to do to convince you cat? :wink: You're one tough cookie! One fiver not enough for you huh? Ok...how 'bout I name my 1st child after you? Build a statue? Bake you a cake?

:roll: How about I give up and let you vote whoever the frell you want to :wink: But, do remember nic isn't running, xeroc is. And, honestly, I think I would be better for the job of running Enterprise. Those script writers wouldn't know what hit them! :twisted:

Btw, the offer to make you a wallpaper of you're choice is still open, even if you do vote for the other side :wink:

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Cake? Hm... Pie would be better. :D

So can't I just vote twice? I find it way too hard to choose. :roll:

Maybe I'll just throw a coin. :wink:

Alexia
08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Genius! Pie for all! Vote for me and get a free pie :wink:

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Damn... Pie or fiver? Pie of fiver?

*Throws coin*

Alexia
08-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Can I be tails? OK, tails I win, heads Nic loses :mrgreen: *hands cat a double tailed coin, just to make sure :wink:)

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
^I'm sorry, but I can't use this coin. I only take euros. :roll:

Alexia
08-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Euros don't have heads and tails?

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Er, technically, no. Well, some do. But the country side can be used as heads and the map side as tails. :wink:

Whichever euro you use though, they never have two tail sides.

Alexia
08-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Awww...rats :wink:

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:06 PM
As promised, my campaign poster :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/longroad4.jpg

Ginga
08-27-2004, 06:11 PM

Ooooh... *scoots chair a little to Lexy's side*

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaarvelous :mrgreen:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 06:20 PM

Even moreso if you were to do something special in honor of my 500th post. :D How about firing off more campaign promises? Huh? Huh? :) Or maybe usage of Photoshop skillz to make a special 500 post image?

Or maybe you should save all that until I get to 1000.

danieldoof
08-27-2004, 06:21 PM
hey this is what I call a nice poster :)

Sa'ar Chasm
08-27-2004, 06:27 PM

Alexia
08-27-2004, 06:35 PM

Even moreso if you were to do something special in honor of my 500th post. :D How about firing off more campaign promises? Huh? Huh? :) Or maybe usage of Photoshop skillz to make a special 500 post image?

Why wait :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/805ce338.jpg

NAHTMMM
08-27-2004, 06:55 PM

Oooo, shiny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 06:57 PM

Why wait :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/805ce338.jpg

*chair scoots over on its own to Alexia's side* I swear! I didn't move it! :P *glomps picture* Hehe, thanks, Lexy!

Alexia
08-27-2004, 07:07 PM
No problem :wink: :mrgreen:

Ginga
08-27-2004, 08:05 PM

Now that is some hot stuff.

Unfortunatley, my chair now seems to be glued at Alexia's side... :lol:

catalina_marina
08-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice poster! :D

Sa'ar Chasm
08-27-2004, 08:17 PM
ASCII stands by his principles and his namesake. All campaign posters will be created from ASCII characters. In addition, if elected Executive Producer, ASCII will ensure that all scripts are written with ASCII characters only. The characters on the show will be binary: either onscreen of offscreen.

Plus whatever asky's promised.

Hotaru
08-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Becuase Lexy can't be the only one with a poster. And no Sa'ar, yours doesn't count.

http://finalknight.net/pictures/hotaru_poster.png

Hope ya'll like it. This is what happens when my sister reads what I post here. :wink: and of course... I ask her to make me one.

Alexia
08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Actually, Nic did one too :wink:

Nice poster Hotaru. You're sister did a very good job.

I made mine myself though... :wink:

Draknek
08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Well, my campaign is going along well, even though I currently have nobody to tell about my policies. I think you all definitely have something to be worried about.

(I also have a secondary plan for getting votes: re-use campaign material from a previous election. The following are reasons why you should vote for me, rather than any actual policies I might implement, and can therefore be shown to all:
http://www.draknek.org/misc/acting.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/betterthings.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/busy.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/charity.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/hennell.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/hide_mace.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/house.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/pie.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/vote.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/xelloss.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/zombies.jpg
N.B. all campaign material has been ruthlessly recycled, and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be completely relevant to the ongoing election. Draknek just wanted an excuse to show all those posters again.)

Alexia
08-27-2004, 10:33 PM
:lol: Draknek, clearly not the 1st time he has run in one of these :wink:

Nic Corelli
08-27-2004, 10:46 PM
ARRRRGH!

I stay offline for most of the day and then see Lexy campaigning like crazy! Heads will roll! :twisted:

A BIG CORRECTION - I am NOT Xeroc`s second-in-command, we are also running EQUALLY, as a team! And we shall rule, erm, manage, lead Enterprise also equally, as a team. Hah! :mrgreen:

Also, Naomi Wildman beating up Archer was MY idea, and it`s automatically copyrighted, just like the idea of ENT/TNG/DS9/VOY crossover. So under international law, NO ONE can use it besides me! Mwahahahahahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Furthermore, Cat has said to me: "Nic, consider my vote yours", and I believe, if there is any honour and integrity in Dutchland, that this statement cannot be revoked! :mrgreen:

Also, my dear running mate Xeroc is campaigning in Argentina/Uruguay/Paraguay/Brazil/Tonga at the moment, and he`ll be back quickly with more wonderful promises. For now, let`s remember all established elements of the Nic/Xeroc campaign.

First, the poster again, because it`s clearly the best, :twisted: :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/nic_corelli/Tom22b.jpg

Also:

- 18 episodes of Enterprise per year, ensuring a densely-packed, exciting and thrilling season, with no room for boring, unimaginative episodes like Fallen Hero or The Communicator. This will make the series more fresh and able to last maybe even more than 7 years!

- NO MORE RIP-OFFS of DS9 (*cough Oasis *cough). (this is a new promise)

- Absolutely NO continuity errors, none at all! :mrgreen:

- ENT/TNG/DS9/VOY crossover, a five-part spectacular episode, with the obligatory "Naomi Wildman beating up Archer" 10-minute long scene.

- Three... wait, no... FOUR references in my five new fivers for every voter!

- "The Pectorials", an episode with Trip being shirtless from the first to the 45th minute! :twisted:

- Finally some screen time for the poor and neglected Travis Mayweather, who will cause the death of Archer, leading into unimaginable, riveting, mind-blowing psychological exploration of the character. Subsequently, T`Pol will claim her rightful place in the Captain`s chair - another Star Trek series with the woman Captain!

- "Janeway with the Phaser Rifle Beating Up Archer with It", as part of the ENT/VOY crossover, was also my idea, and trademarked, so it cannot be used by opposition. Ahem, Fuyu? :twisted:

- There will be CARDASSIANS on the show! Hmm, are Cardassians interesting? Remember Dukat? Or maybe Garak? :twisted:

- Season 4 finale - special guest appearances by Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie.

- Season 5 premiere - special guest appearances by Brad Pitt, Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom.
(I think the latter two promises will satisfy both sexes quite sufficiently :twisted:)

- Since ratings for Enterprise are expected to skyrocket, it will be moved from the Miserable Fortress of Suckitude that is UPN, to the mighty and powerful NBC, where Star Trek actually originated. Worn out and boring ER will be cancelled, with Enterprise claiming the very elite Thursday at 10 PM time period.

I believe... that this is it. :mrgreen:

Xeroc
08-27-2004, 10:48 PM
As for all the other "promises" Nic has made, I notice they come from him, rather than Xeroc, who is the person actaully running in case you've forgotten. Nic maybe making all the promises, but Xeroc would be the chief man. Sure, he may back up his promises now he has heard they have support, but do you really want the continuation of Trek run by the 2nd in command? Think about it
Sheesh, I specifically meant that both me and Nic would be Co-Producers of Enterprise! This means that all of Nic's promises are 100% valid! :twisted:

As Nic just said in his post (which was made a few seconds after this one):
A BIG CORRECTION - I am NOT Xeroc`s second-in-command, we are also running EQUALLY, as a team! And we shall rule, erm, manage, lead Enterprise also equally, as a team. Hah!

taya17
08-27-2004, 11:10 PM
...but I give my full irrevocable vote to the Xeroc/Nits campaign. My support for my husband-brother is a given!

Well, at least I now know what everyone else is talking about... :twisted:

Nic Corelli
08-27-2004, 11:38 PM
- There will be CARDASSIANS on the show! Hmm, are Cardassians interesting? Remember Dukat? Or maybe Garak? :twisted:

When I say there will be Cardassians on the show, I do actually mean there will be Dukat and Garak personally on the show! Oh yeah! :twisted:

NAHTMMM
08-28-2004, 12:59 AM
http://www.draknek.org/misc/acting.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/betterthings.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/busy.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/charity.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/hennell.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/hide_mace.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/house.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/pie.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/vote.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/xelloss.jpg
http://www.draknek.org/misc/zombies.jpg
N.B. all campaign material has been ruthlessly recycled, and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be completely relevant to the ongoing election. Draknek just wanted an excuse to show all those posters again.)
Those are great! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Sloublues/Smilies/poundfloorlol.gif

Katy Jane
08-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Personally, I'd like to see Janeway, or maybe even B'Elanna, beat the bejasus out of Seven of Nine myself... :twisted: :twisted:

I think you may have just won my vote! :twisted:

As such I will work for equal time for sexy scenes of each sex.

Enterprise already has way too much of that. :P

Ooooo Perty. :D

http://finalknight.net/pictures/hotaru_poster.png

:shock: Ooooo. But you didn't make it yourself :p

- ENT/TNG/DS9/VOY crossover, a five-part spectacular episode, with the obligatory "Naomi Wildman beating up Archer" 10-minute long scene.

If Seven isn't getting beaten up, its just not the same. ;)

[/quote]

admiral sab
08-28-2004, 01:48 AM
lol wow ya'll have been busy!

Fuyu, did you notice my avvy? I am holding my Betsy! Betsy is a very wonderful thing to have.

also I wanted to share this with ya'll. Zeke you might remember this! this is one of the greatest pieces of Trek literature out there and I am proud to have been apart of it. For your reading pleasure: The Log Story, by froot., me, and Rosalind (resident Deltachatters). http://tmtnet.5u.com/Logs/logstory.htm
Just a sampling of the kind of story that I can bring in to help Alexia. Plus you know my other writing abilities with the few fivers I've done. And I have been referenced in a fiver as you can tell by my sig. ;) That's my resume in case you have questions as to my abilities to work on Alexia's team as her co exec. I know she has the talent and creative ability to do this! Vote for Alexia!

Asky
08-28-2004, 01:49 AM
ASCII stands by his principles and his namesake. All campaign posters will be created from ASCII characters. In addition, if elected Executive Producer, ASCII will ensure that all scripts are written with ASCII characters only. The characters on the show will be binary: either onscreen of offscreen.

Plus whatever asky's promised.

Well, you know what?

49 27 6D 20 73 6F 20 6D 75 63 68 20 69 6E 66 69 6E 69 74 65 6C 79 20 73 75 70 65 72 69 6F 72 20 74 6F 20 74 68 61 74 20 41 53 43 49 49 20 66 6F 6F 6C 20 62 65 63 61 75 73 65 20 49 20 68 61 64 20 74 68 69 73 20 69 64 65 61 20 68 65 72 65 20 61 6E 64 20 68 65 20 64 69 64 6E 27 74 2E

Zeke
08-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Sab is right to recommend the Log Story. It ownz0rz j00.

admiral sab
08-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Sab is right to recommend the Log Story. It ownz0rz j00.

Thanks... I think. what does it do? It owns something or other. Oh and does this mean you're voting for Lexy and I? ;) Huh? I can demote you you know... I have that power. :twisted: ok maybe I don't...but wouldn't it be cool if I did? :lol:

Ginga
08-28-2004, 02:42 AM
Oh my goodness. :lol: I'm going to be singing "Janeway the Bestest Captain" all week. XD

Yeah. My chair has now been NAILED to Lexy's side.

admiral sab
08-28-2004, 02:49 AM
lol we wrote this like almost five years ago! I was 19 and a college student...so it was really late at night and I totally forgot about that song! hee hee! Welcome to our side!

Ginga
08-28-2004, 02:50 AM
lol we wrote this like almost five years ago! I was 19 and a college student...so it was really late at night and I totally forgot about that song! hee hee! Welcome to our side!

Hehe! XD Thank you. *takes a ballot and writes "Alexia" on it in advance*

Xeroc
08-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Important News Bulletin! The results of the latest poll are in!

This poll data provided by the Gallup polling organization and was performed by only the most skillfully trained equestrians.<table border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="100%" colspan="2">
<p align="center">If the election for Executive Producer of Enterprise were held today, who would you vote for?</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">Xeroc Aquillion / Nic Corelli</font></td>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/vote_lcap.gifhttp://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/voting_bar.gifhttp://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/vote_rcap.gif
52%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">Alexia / admiral sab</font></td>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/vote_lcap.gifhttp://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/voting_bar.gifhttp://www.fiveminute.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/vote_rcap.gif
25%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">Hotaru</font></td>
7%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">PointyHairedJedi</font></td>
7%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">Asky</font></td>
3%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">antodav</font></td>
3%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">Draknek</font></td>
2%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%"><font size="3">ASCII (whose campaign is run by Sa'ar Chasm)</font></td>
1%</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100%" colspan="2">
<p align="center"><font size="3">Margin of error +/- 4.5%</font></td>
</tr>
</table>

Other poll question results are coming soon.

And don't worry Fuyu, we have lots of nail removers, extra chairs, and extra ballots.

Ginga
08-28-2004, 05:30 AM
And don't worry Fuyu, we have lots of nail removers, extra chairs, and extra ballots.

But the real question here is "Do you have lots of phaser rifles?"

And it's too late! There are four lights, and they're all above Lexy. *waves ballot*

catalina_marina
08-28-2004, 10:34 AM
ARRRRGH!Furthermore, Cat has said to me: "Nic, consider my vote yours", and I believe, if there is any honour and integrity in Dutchland, that this statement cannot be revoked! :mrgreen:
True, and you may still consider it yours if you really want to. :wink:

And Xeroc: Then you won't need my vote anymore, right? :roll:

Kidding, kidding. I'm still going to vote for you. :wink:

Alexia
08-28-2004, 10:37 AM
=Furthermore, Cat has said to me: "Nic, consider my vote yours", and I believe, if there is any honour and integrity in Dutchland, that this statement cannot be revoked! :mrgreen:

Oooooooooooh, well in that case cat should definantly vote for me then :wink: Back read the thread a bit nic, and I think you'll find she pledged allegance to me PAGES before she mentioned you :twisted:

But, as I have already said to cat, her vote is her own. If she votes for you I will still love her just the same! Same goes for 17...I would hardly expect her to not vote for a practically member of her family. Although...*coughfreeflighttocroatiacoughcough* :wink:

Also, Xeroc, fake poll or no fake poll, I think you'll find Sab and I are actually inching our way above the oposition! Thanks for the continiued campaigning when I was unfortunate enough to be asleep sabby. We ROCK as a team :mrgreen:

Nic Corelli
08-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Pbah! Pbah, I say! :P

Let`s count the (promised and irrevocable, nailed even) votes so far...

Xeroc/Nic - 2 (Cat, 17)

Alexia/Sab - 1 (Fuyu)

everyone else - ZERO! HAHAH! :P

So, clearly, Xeroc and I are leading powerfully, with 66% of the votes, with Alexia and Sab at only 33%. :twisted:

Xeroc, I`ll be off for a few days, so you better keep up with the campaigning! :mrgreen:

catalina_marina
08-28-2004, 11:21 AM
=Furthermore, Cat has said to me: "Nic, consider my vote yours", and I believe, if there is any honour and integrity in Dutchland, that this statement cannot be revoked! :mrgreen:

Oooooooooooh, well in that case cat should definantly vote for me then :wink: Back read the thread a bit nic, and I think you'll find she pledged allegance to me PAGES before she mentioned you :twisted:
Oh? Would you mind quoting me, then? Because I don't remember that... :roll:

NAHTMMM
08-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Uh-oh, looks like Xeroc's trouncing the rest of the field. That isn't right! I'd better make sure to vote for someone else.

:P ;)

There are four lights, and they're all above Lexy.
:mrgreen:

Alexia
08-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Cat...

Based on avatar, I would vote for Alexia. Is she running?

Alexia wrote:
I may have lost my one and only voter, ie: cat, by changing my avatar. Again
Indeed.
However...
Alexia wrote:
I will give more of shirtless Trip,
You might just have gained it back.

Hm, nice policy. But ACK! You have Nic as a running mate. :?

Alexia, you're in luck today. :wink:

See...so on several occasions you mentioned you would vote for me :wink:

As for the voters, I think there are a lot of "don't knows" as yet. Yes, I have a firm supporter in Fuyu (Thank you for your support!) :mrgreen: I wouldn't be 100% sure of any votes for either side though Nic. Sab and myself seem to be convincing others to follow Fuyu's solid lead. Katy Jane, NAH, and even Zeke seem to be swaying our way :wink:

All I can say is, "It's not over till the ballots are counted!" :mrgreen:

catalina_marina
08-28-2004, 05:09 PM
See...so on several occasions you mentioned you would vote for me :wink:
So yes, I vaguely mentioned it a few times. The first time you weren't even running yet, so that doesn't count. Plus I clearly stated it was based on avatar alone. The second time, I said you might have gained it back. Nothing was certain. The last time is a little trickier to get out of. Hm, let's see. Oh yes, it was caused by my (temporary) grief for PHJ. I was highly emotional then. :roll:

Speaking of which, there were two parties I dismissed because of that. I must go investigate which was the other one, or something. :wink:

Hotaru
08-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Hmm, I noticed something with Nic. He mentioned a 5 series crossover. I say No Crossovers! It was possible on TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY, but not on Enterprise. Shatner should NOT be on enterprise, neither should Brent Spiner. We all know that it's impossible for someone to look identical to their ancestor. Also, who wants to see an episode where someone comes back in time? Sure "Endgame" was alright, but do we really need Kirk saying "Hah! In my time female officers wore less!"? No we don't.

Vote for me, because I'm for logical and possible plots.

Xeroc
08-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Hmm, I noticed something with Nic. He mentioned a 5 series crossover. I say No Crossovers! It was possible on TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY, but not on Enterprise. Shatner should NOT be on enterprise, neither should Brent Spiner. We all know that it's impossible for someone to look identical to their ancestor.
They already did this exact thing on Enterprise! Remember "Carbon Creek"?

Vote for me, because I'm for logical and possible plots.
That sounds good, but are they fun? And is that really what the voters want? We are all for giving the voters what they want.

Hotaru
08-28-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm for giving people what they want! I have this avvy for Zeke!

And yes, they will be fun plots. Things can be fun AND make sense y'know.

admiral sab
08-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Oooooo are we trying to get Zeke's vote? ;)

Zekey, you know you want to vote for us girls! As a Janeway fan, how can you not vote for a lady exec? :)

If that doesn't work we've got pie and Danishes.... just so you know!

Xeroc
08-28-2004, 11:37 PM
If that doesn't work we've got pie and Danishes.... just so you know!
Don't be fooled! We have over 531 kinds of pie and assorted pastries!

admiral sab
08-29-2004, 12:49 AM
lol well Zeke and I have been a forum ship for like a day before! ;) Can you say the same thing? lol

Zeke
08-29-2004, 03:12 AM
49 27 6D 20 73 6F 20 6D 75 63 68 20 69 6E 66 69 6E 69 74 65 6C 79 20 73 75 70 65 72 69 6F 72 20 74 6F 20 74 68 61 74 20 41 53 43 49 49 20 66 6F 6F 6C 20 62 65 63 61 75 73 65 20 49 20 68 61 64 20 74 68 69 73 20 69 64 65 61 20 68 65 72 65 20 61 6E 64 20 68 65 20 64 69 64 6E 27 74 2E

Translation for those without a Hex/ASCII converter: "I'm so much infinitely superior to that ASCII fool because I had this idea here and he didn't."

Can each of the teams please post an email address? This Reporter has some interviews to send out.

Xeroc
08-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Can each of the teams please post an email address? This Reporter has some interviews to send out.
Mine is accessible through the buttons at the bottom of my sig:

It is: xeroc@startrekfans.net

Sa'ar Chasm
08-29-2004, 03:25 AM
ASCIICampaign@canada.com

Hotaru
08-29-2004, 06:07 AM
hotaruchan_@hotmail.com

Yes, I'm a freak. :D

Hotaru
08-29-2004, 06:37 AM
http://finalknight.net/pictures/Poster2.jpg

and this poster I made myself. Not as good, but better than Nic :D

Ginga
08-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Heeey, it rhymes. XD

Alexia
08-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Here's mine:

batlethwieldingfurby@dsl.pipex.com

What? :wink:

Draknek
08-29-2004, 10:01 AM
etrektion@draknek.org

Hotaru, I'm liking the rhyming.

Asky
08-29-2004, 01:05 PM
EDIT: never mind, use asky314159 at gmail.com

PointyHairedJedi
08-29-2004, 07:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/PointyHairedJedi/entcamp01.jpg

Zeke - pointyhairedjedi at lycos.co.uk

admiral sab
08-29-2004, 07:24 PM
admiral_sab@yahoo.com.... (I'm running with Alexia) so you can send it to either one of us.

Alexia
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Nice poster pointy :mrgreen:

Alexia
08-29-2004, 08:00 PM
:roll: What? I'm allowed to be nice to the competition, aren't I? :wink: Oh, and Hotaru, your's is nice too.

Alexia, in far too good a mood to sling mud. Unless its at people wearing very little...but thats for another time I think :wink: :twisted: :mrgreen:

PointyHairedJedi
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Another picture for you, from me, PHJ, the original and best purveyor of the finest Shirtless Trip that money can't buy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/PointyHairedJedi/vp01.gif

:D

Alexia
08-29-2004, 09:10 PM
ooooooooooooh very subliminal :wink:

Alexia
08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Alexia47/PHJTrip.jpg

:wink:

catalina_marina
08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Nic's also has an e-mail address in his profile, but as he's away for a couple of days, I suppose Xeroc is going to take all his calls, right? :wink:

And ooh, nice picture Lexy! :D

Xeroc
08-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Nic's also has an e-mail address in his profile, but as he's away for a couple of days, I suppose Xeroc is going to take all his calls, right? :wink:
Yes, Nic is away campaining in Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia & Montenegro, Boznia & Herzegovina, Albania, and Tuvalu, and I will happily take any questions, interviews, or gifts for our campaign.

admiral sab
08-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Oh WOW! Alexia, I knew I was with your for a good reason! I love that picture! *wipes drool*

Very nice.

Alexia
08-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks sab *hi fives* :mrgreen:

PointyHairedJedi
08-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Hah! You think you can distract me that easily?

*Stares at the picture for ten minutes*

...Err, where was I?

Anyway, I'm not promising just one Shirtless Trip, I'm promising many Shirtless Trips! And there's not one of you that can match that! :P

Sa'ar Chasm
08-30-2004, 04:23 PM
ASCII would like to pipe up here and promise an absence of Shirtless Trips. Since the target demographic of Enterprise seems to be straight males 18-dead, he's confident of picking up many, many votes.

Alexia
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Since the target demographic of Enterprise seems to be straight males 18-dead, he's confident of picking up many, many votes.

Since when? :mrgreen:

And PHJ, got that cloning machine working again have you? :wink:

Sa'ar Chasm
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Since when?

Since T'Pol's catsuit.

Zeke
08-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Pfft, since Seven's catsuit.

::: thinks :::

Pfft, since Troi's catsuit.

::: thinks some more :::

Pfft, since every female character in the history of the Original Series.

Alexia
08-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Ok...so maybe you have a point :wink:

But there are a fair few people who watch Enterprise, or Trek in general for that matter, who don't fit into that category...

*waves* :wink:

Plus, you could say the same thing about all the shirtless trip episodes...even as far back as TOS, was not Kirk's shirt ripped every single episode? (even though Shatner makes me want to be sick...)

Ginga
08-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Plus, you could say the same thing about all the shirtless trip episodes...even as far back as TOS, was not Kirk's shirt ripped every single episode? (even though Shatner makes me want to be sick...)

I totally agree. That's not hot. It's what we like to call "chunky". O_o

Scooter
08-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Hmmm, many shirtless Trips... PHJ may just be swaying my vote...

Ya know, everytime I see a picture of Enterprise head-on, I think, dang, the Planet Killer took a chunk out of another starship...

admiral sab
08-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Hey, Lexy, last night in IRC Zeke and co. inadvertently gave me an idea for our campaign. ;)

Vote Sexy! (hee hee, that's our names smushed together!) :)

post edit: http://www.livejournal.com/users/admiral_sab/
go there to see the Fivers hockey team and get your own pimp name! ;) this has nothing to do with the election I just found this amusing.

Alexia
08-31-2004, 06:42 AM
Our names smushed togather and a description of the people in the party :mrgreen: :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
And PHJ, got that cloning machine working again have you? :wink:
Not exactly, though cloning Connor Trineer is something that I feel should be done as soon as we have the tech for the good of all mankind. I plan on using the very latest in digital effects technology to achieve the "many Shirtless Trips" goal. At some point as well we will re-release special editions of all pre-PHJ produced episodes, with Trip's shirt digitally removed.

admiral sab
09-01-2004, 03:17 AM
Ok speaking of clones: I just watched the movie Godsend with Mark who kept telling me it's not scary. I kept telling him that the cover says it's a thriller and this to me means a scary movie. So my hubby got me to sit through it. I had my back turned to the screen with my ears covered through half of it. Yes, it's a scary movie. Plus I didn't really like the ending.

Vote for Sexy!

Edited for those who haven't seen it although I didn't give anything away...... what should I edit NAH?

lol I'm stupid. You said EPISODE, not movie... ;) I just deleted that part about Similitude. It wasn't that important anyways.

NAHTMMM
09-01-2004, 04:51 AM
^Edit that second-to-last bit? Not everyone here has had a chance to see that episode as far as I know ;)

Katy Jane
09-01-2004, 12:46 PM
ASCII would like to pipe up here and promise an absence of Shirtless Trips.

Well now i'm leaning twards ASCII, hmmm... Naomi beating up Seven or an Absence of shirtless trip, thats a tough choice.

Hotaru
09-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Hmm... Well. I would like to promise little shirtless Trip, only seen when it's tasteful. I will plan episodes in such a way that Trip cannot logically be seen shirtless.

And maybe Porthos can maul T'Pol. How's that for ya, KJ?

Sa'ar Chasm
09-01-2004, 02:41 PM
ASCII would also like to court the Vroomfondel lobby and promise a complete absence of solid fact as well.

NAHTMMM
09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
:mrgreen: In that case, I demand that I may or may not vote for...erm....ASCII...

*goes back and checks*

*notes down that ASCII is indeed a him*

Alexia
09-01-2004, 03:23 PM
No one's forgotten I'm giving out pie, right? :wink: :mrgreen:

Hotaru
09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
You may be giving out pie, but...

I'm giving the viewers what they want! If that includes pie, they shall get pie! They also get everything else too!

PointyHairedJedi
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Pie? I don't even need to mention that, do I? Where there is Shirtless Trip, pie will surely follow.

Xeroc
09-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Don't be fooled by these foolish promises of pie, by um.. fools. We have over 531 kinds of pie and assorted pastries!

PointyHairedJedi
09-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Pffft. Pie is fleeting. A disco ball and lighted dance floor on the bridge, and a dozen Shirtless Trips boogieing on down to the Bee Gees and ABBA, that's something that will stay with you for ever.

Standback
09-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Despite my better judgement, I stand here before you all today to announce that I, too, am joining the race for Executive Producer. Due to my own previous responsibilities and busy schedule, I had hoped that my intervention would not be necessary. But when I saw rival candidates suggesting increasing lack-of-shirts among key Enterprise crewmembers, I knew I could set my duty aside no longer. I think any honest and decent man will agree that it would be better to watch an entire episode of shirts without their crewmembers than an entire episode of crewmembers without their shirts. Especially since Phlox is in almost every episode. And what if there’s a Xindi guest star? One shudders at the thought.

Clearly, we must distance ourselves from the crass, uncultured mindset which has governed the series up until now. We must set at our helm a writer who are capable of true literary merit, and who has been acknowledged as such. I am proud to announce to you all that I have indeed located such a writer. If I am elected, all key plot episodes will be written by none other than the Immortal Bard himself, William Shakespeare:

Archer: T’Pol! By what unearthly means may’st this most queer anomaly be explained?
T’Pol: Mayhaps, m’lord, when Saturn’s skies our lanterns see / Uneasy grows the rest of these fair flowers Suliban-ee.

Such depth of thought and erudite wit is exactly what Enterprise needs to shrug off the abuses heaped upon it by Brannon and Braga, and allow the series to take its rightful place in the genre of televised speculative fiction. Mr. Shakespeare has already written several scripts for upcoming episodes, such as “Captain Archer,” “Captain Archer II”, and “Captain Archer II, Part Two,” and reports that he’s “very excited” to be working with us. But wait, my friends, there is more!

One of the hotly-debated topics of this election so far has been what to do with the woefully inadequate role of Ensign Mayweather. Or is it? I would like to venture the somewhat controversial theory that Ensign Mayweather’s abysmal lack of success and popularity is due, not to the writers, but to the actor. While I certainly bear no ill will towards the good Mr. Montgomery, there are many examples of actors who have done a great and created extraordinarily vivid characters, using as few lines, or even less, than our favorite silent ensign.

Clearly, painful is it may be, Mr. Montgomery will have to go. While I am sure he is a fine actor, he is clearly not up to the task of this difficult role. And so, he shall be replaced by an actor who can be counted on to handle Mr. Travis Mayweather's most delicate, but oh-so-silent, character:
http://users.stargate.net/~harpo/char-7.jpg

Finally, with all these bold, broad, sweeping changes, let me assure you that attention will be paid to individual fans as well. If I am elected, I will personally see to it that each and every Enterprise fan who voted for me will appear on the actual show as a guest star. My staff of writers have taken the liberty of drawing up some preliminary, hypothetical scripts, for demonstration purposes only:

Reed: Forsooth, master, but I fear an ill wind does yet blow from an easternly direction yonder. Seeth though that of which I speak?
Taya17: What, them? They won’t give us any trouble. That’s what this five-mile-long space station’s for, you see?
Mayweather: *honk, honk*

In conclusion, I regret the necessity of disrupting the race in this fashion, but clearly, there was no other alternative. I am certain all truly loyal fans will breathe a sigh of relief, knowing they now can place their ballot in the hands of a man they may trust implicitly. Have no fear. Your vote is safe with me.
And on that ending, let it be noted that I am soon to be away for some short weeks, joining the military; serving and protecting my company. In this, too, I may be relied upon to fulfill my duty with utmost loyalty. In the meantime, should a likely candidate for a running mate chance to present his or herself, I should be glad of support. In particular, this would allow me to continue my campaigning despite my absence, continuing my platform, promises, and rebuttals to the forum by transmitting them to my running mate via telepathic communication.

Thank you, and God Bless the Alpha Quadrant.

VOTE STANDBACK!

Alexia
09-03-2004, 05:53 AM
If I am elected, all key plot episodes will be written by none other than the Immortal Bard himself, William Shakespeare:

I think thats already been done. Didn't you watch TNG? :wink:

And you can't get rid of Mayweather. What about Hoshi? We (ok, I) want more Mayweather!

Sa'ar Chasm
09-03-2004, 03:26 PM
I think any honest and decent man will agree that it would be better to watch an entire episode of shirts without their crewmembers than an entire episode of crewmembers without their shirts.

Speaking from a whistlestop in Power Cable, Nebraska, ASCII made the following rebuttal when told about Standback's candidacy: "Who? How many divisions has he got?"
(His first response, "How far?", was stricken from the record.)

Elaborating further on the topic, ASCII also said "What about Hoshi? I, for one, would like to see her shirtless. What? T'Pol? Compared to what she normally wears, that would be redundant."

A savage placard-beating from the Coalition For Uptight Puritan Morals On Television (CUPMOT) ensued.

This Reporter is being held hostage in Sa'ar Chasm's basement, and would really like to go back to writing TJIs. Mr. Chasm apologises for writing in the TJI style.

mudshark
09-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Clearly, painful is it may be, Mr. Montgomery will have to go. While I am sure he is a fine actor, he is clearly not up to the task of this difficult role. And so, he shall be replaced by an actor who can be counted on to handle Mr. Travis Mayweather's most delicate, but oh-so-silent, character:
http://users.stargate.net/~harpo/char-7.jpg
**spews coffee all over monitor & keyboard**

ACK! WTF?! .... Oh, I see. You scared me; I thought that was Jerry Lewis doing Harpo :shock: but it's some other guy. (http://users.stargate.net/~harpo/) If you're going to post a gookie, you might as well make it an authentic one (http://chrisisloopy.tripod.com/harpo/gookie.jpg) (preferably copied and hosted on personal webspace, rather than hotlinked to someone else's.)

>P.S. -- You owe me a keyboard and post-trauma counseling.

Nic Corelli
09-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Okay.

First things first...

Archer: T’Pol! By what unearthly means may’st this most queer anomaly be explained?
T’Pol: Mayhaps, m’lord, when Saturn’s skies our lanterns see / Uneasy grows the rest of these fair flowers Suliban-ee.

ROFL! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now...

Trek series written by Shakespeare? As Lexy said, TNG.

Trek series that made sense? DS9. :D

Trek series with shirtless Trip all the time, Naomi Wildman beating up Archer with a phaser rifle while Janeway sips coffee and watches, saying "That`s my girl"... That is, ladies and gentlemen, The Future! :D :D :D

Vote Xeroc & Nic. They have cookies, and are not afraid to use them.

Asky
09-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Trek series with shirtless Trip all the time... That is, ladies and gentlemen, The Future! :D :D :D

Well, I certainly hope that since it's Trek, we can to back to the past, because that is NOT a future I EVER want to see. I also promise an absence of shirtless Trip.

catalina_marina
09-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Yeah, you know. I like the shirtless Trip now and then, but it shouldn't be the only thing. And Nic, there's just too much silliness in there. I'm sorry, but I think I'm just going to vote blank. :roll:

Alexia
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
*Puts on a "the space in Lexys head is blank" T-shirt*

:mrgreen:

Cat, are you working your way back to my side? I was for the occasional shirtless trip :wink:

catalina_marina
09-04-2004, 11:16 AM
No, I'm working my way towards a blank vote. I really don't feel like participating in this election anymore. :roll:

Although the fiver thing is still interesting... :wink:

Standback
09-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Catalina, your comment shocks me to the very core. A blank vote, on such a momenteous decision? Allow me to demonstrate to you, and all others, the error of your ways, with the...

Top Ten Reasons Standback Is Better Than A Blank Vote

10. If you forfeit your inalienable democratic right to a significant vote, then the terrorists have already won.
9. Reliable sources have leaked the following excerpt from the intended script of our rival's season finale:
Hoshi: Captain! Captain! The ship is overrun by bunny rabbits who have been assimilated by the Borg!
Archer: Calm down, Hoshi. I've brought aboard an expert guest star on the Borg. Let's all give a warm welcome to...
Picard: Subduing them with Gilbert and Sullivan lyrics isn't working! Our only chance... is to seperate the saucer section!
TO BE CONTINUED
8. If Standback is elected, then Shran and Mysterious Future Guy will both become full-fledged regular crewmembers. Furthermore, the current regulars will all be fired.
7. Standback has long expressed his disapproval with the current Executive Producers by refusing to watch the entire third season, though some attribute this to the fact that nobody bothered to tape it for him.
6. If Standback is not elected, he'll bring back Topic Title.
5. Standback is the only candidate who has openly vowed never to impede the flow of the Mississippi river, to ensure that the War of 1812 becomes a forgotten relic of the past, and never to cease obscure references to old comic strips.
4. A blank vote means no Executive Producer at all. These episodes won't write themselves, you know.
Archer: Are you sure there's nothing out there?
T'Pol: Nothing, Captain.
Archer: No spacial anamolies? Mysterious planets? Distress calls? Devastating attacks on Earth?
T'Pol: No, sir.
Mayweather: Well, with all this free time, I can finally tell you all about my collection of laminated salt!
Archer: Are you sure there's nothing out there?
3. If you don't vote for Standback, you'll never see the results of his revolutionary plans to get Hoshi and Mayweather their very own spin-off.
2. Standback has proved himself to be highly capable and nearly without competition in the field of wildly overusing the [b] tag.
1. If Trip and T'Pol are ever displayed simultaneously shirtless, as so many rival candidates seem doomed to bring about, then the terrorists have already won.

VOTE STANDBACK!
Or not. I mean, that's good too. It's a free country and all.

Nic Corelli
09-07-2004, 11:33 PM
9. Reliable sources have leaked the following excerpt from the intended script of our rival's season finale:
Hoshi: Captain! Captain! The ship is overrun by bunny rabbits who have been assimilated by the Borg!
Archer: Calm down, Hoshi. I've brought aboard an expert guest star on the Borg. Let's all give a warm welcome to...
Picard: Subduing them with Gilbert and Sullivan lyrics isn't working! Our only chance... is to seperate the saucer section!
TO BE CONTINUED

GASP! You`ve been eavesdropping on our campaign headquarters! Watergate! Watergate!

admiral sab
09-08-2004, 12:00 AM
NIC!!!! you're back! Did I miss you're homecoming? Oh well... I like your new avvy. I guess I'll have to put my TnT one back up for the Election. ;)

Opium
09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
As a true band-wagon voter, I am jumping in and having my say:

-the Exec must promise to make Enterprise more like DS9, including hiring the cast back
-the Exec must promie that Porthos gets lonely and Archer adopts a standard wire-haired dachshund, because they are cute
-the Exec must promise to bring Eric Szmanda, James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, and Noah Wyle onto Enterprise

Enterprise has too many commercials! Cut them shorter!
Enterprise needs strong leadership and more Evil Future Guy!
Enterprise needs more appropriate times for Trip to take off his shirt.
Enterprise needs more tention between Trip, T'Pol and Archer.
Enterprise needs Archer to date Hoshi.
Enterprise needs Hoshie to date Mayweather, and him to date her back.
Enterprise needs less forceful direction, and a more natural touch.
Enterprise needs to fully express it's science-fiction roots.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with action and more with romance.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with romance and more concerned with good plots.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with good plots and more concerned with sensible timelines.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with sensible timelings and more concerned with action.
:wink:

Opium
09-08-2004, 10:35 AM
VOTE STANDBACK!
Or not. I mean, that's good too. It's a free country and all.

YAY FOR THE UNDERDOG! I VOTE FOR THE UNDERDOG!

No one's forgotten I'm giving out pie, right?

YAY FOR THE CROWD-PLEASER! I COTE FOR THE CROWD-PLEASER!

PointyHairedJedi
09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Okay, I wasn't going to announce this until later, but I can exclusively reveal that I have signed an exclusive deal with Niccolo Machiaveli to bring him on board as a story consultant should I win the race and become ExecProd.

Talks with Leonardo da Vinci are still ongoing however.

By the way, I know many of you (PHJ, PHJ and PHJ particularly) have been concerned about Archer/EFG's death in the season four finale, but I can tell you that isn't the last we'll be seeing of him. More than that I cannot say, or Niccolo will be very annoyed with me indeed.

catalina_marina
09-08-2004, 05:08 PM
You know WHY I'm voting black? Because everyone here is telling me so many spoilers! I want to be surprised, dammit! I don't want to know what happens before I see it. :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
09-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Ah, but how do you know? My so called spoliers may just be an elaborate deception.

Man, that Niccolo can really mess with your head. :D

Draknek
09-08-2004, 10:48 PM
See that?

That, right there, is proof that the Draknek opt-in campaign is a Good Thing (tm) for all those innocent voters!

Think of the atrocities that have been committed, all in the name of keeping the voters informed!

And it's not just spoilers. Many candidates are going so far as to make promises, which may or may not be remembered later. I've even been informed of one extreme case where a candidate has decided to listen to what the voters want!

Vote for me, and set an example! Together, one day, we can prevent all candidates from campaigning to the public.

I, for one, look forward to that day with great hope, and great wonder.

Thank you.

Nic Corelli
09-09-2004, 02:06 AM
NIC!!!! you're back! Did I miss you're homecoming? Oh well... I like your new avvy. I guess I'll have to put my TnT one back up for the Election. ;)

Hello to you too, Sab.. had no idea you missed me so much, :mrgreen: Well, the avatar you liked had to go away for now, but it will most certainly be back, don`t worry! :D

Also, Cat, spoilers? Well, I might have told you Naomi Wildman will beat up Archer with a phaser rifle, but I haven`t told you HOW MANY times she`ll beat him, how long will it take, how loud he will scream, how many dozens cups of coffee Janeway will drink while happily watching... Those are all mysteries you should be looking forward to! :twisted:

(When is the election day, anyway? How about tomorrow? As far as I can remember, Xeroc and I are still leading with 66%, :twisted:)

admiral sab
09-09-2004, 02:46 AM
I know what you're up to Nic and it's not going to happen. ;)

Alexia
09-09-2004, 05:48 AM
(When is the election day, anyway? How about tomorrow? As far as I can remember, Xeroc and I are still leading with 66%, :twisted:)

I wouldn't be so sure of that :wink: I think it's gonna be a while...some time near when ENT season 4 comes out

Opium
09-09-2004, 06:52 AM
I demand satisfaction!

And it's not just spoilers. Many candidates are going so far as to make promises, which may or may not be remembered later. I've even been informed of one extreme case where a candidate has decided to listen to what the voters want!

I want spoilers! I want promises made! GIMME GIMME GIMME!

No one has addressed my list of concerns! Are you all talking with your advisors, your consoltants, your speechwriters, instead of just giving a detailed answers to what I asked?

I am a Bandwagon Voter, and I approve this message!

Alexia
09-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Sorry Opium, I totally missed your list!

-the Exec must promise to make Enterprise more like DS9, including hiring the cast back
Hmmm, the entire DS9 cast? I dunno...how about some quest appearances? I am all for great, great, great grandparents :wink: That's what prequel's are for :wink:
-the Exec must promie that Porthos gets lonely and Archer adopts a standard wire-haired dachshund, because they are cute
Hey, good idea! Porthos is so cute. I reckon maybe Hoshi could own a widdle doggy too?
-the Exec must promise to bring Eric Szmanda, James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, and Noah Wyle onto Enterprise
Sadly, this candidate has no clue who these people are. However, if you could elaborate I could consider it :mrgreen:
Enterprise has too many commercials! Cut them shorter!
I totally agree. You live in Canada, right? Move to England and watch the re-runs on BBC2. No adverts :wink: Unfortunantly, that is in the hands of the channel it is shown on.
Archer is strong, but more episodes where he shows it would be nice. EFG will have to come back to explain where he went. (I'm thinking "on vacation." What? Evil future people go on vacation...)
The forum seems to be split on this. I know that some people would like less of this, and some more so I shall say my official view on this is "Appropriate use of shirtless Trip should be activley encouraged."
You got it :mrgreen:
Suprisingly, I am totally with you on this. I thought right from the start that they would make a great couple. Maybe Travis could date her for a bit first though? Or not. Whatever! I just feel a bit sorry for poor Travis. Aha! Got it! He can be like Harry Kim and have alien babe of the week to lust after!
Enterprise needs Hoshi to date Mayweather, and him to date her back.
Hey, wow :shock: I totally didn't see that! Honestly! We are SO on the same wave length :wink:
Enterprise needs less forceful direction, and a more natural touch.
Yup. More character developments.
Enterprise needs to fully express it's science-fiction roots.
You dont think its doing that? What would you like to see?
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with action and more with romance.
Weeeeeeeeell...I think it needs more of a balance. But we don't want to totally lose the action.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with romance and more concerned with good plots.
LMAO! Yes. Balance it out.
Enterprise needs to be less concerned with good plots and more concerned with sensible timelines.
While I understand this point, I wouldn't totally ignore "time" as a plot device. Occasionally I also think, 'so, anything going to happen in Archers time this episode? No? Oh, alright then...'
-Enterprise needs to be less concerned with sensible timelings and more concerned with action :wink:
Gee, you sure want some conflicting things here Opium! To reitterate my earlier point, balance is what Enterprise needs now. The mix of slow and fast pace is what will keep it interesting.

I hope that this answers your questions Opium, and that perhaps might share your views enough for a Vote for Sexy!

And if it somehow doesn't, please remember I was the one handing out the pie :wink: :mrgreen:

Nic Corelli
09-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Um, yeah...

We offer whatever Lexy said, but twice as much, :P :D :twisted:

Vote Niroc! Or just Ni! for short, :mrgreen:

Opium
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I totally agree with balance.

No really. Then it gets the most viewers and keeps on the air, which better than the other UPN options... "Buffy's Next Top Amish WWE Model"

But as the Pink Floyd song says, we don't need no thought control. However, we do need Sa'ar Chasm, but whether he is dark or not is of no concern.

So, Enterprise needs less thought control by "da Man" but more sarcasm.

Also, it needs to keep it's old timeslot. I ended up switching, and I may end up using my Wednesday tv-time for watching new eps of Law & Order and old eps of CSI, thereby leaving no time for Enterprise.

the Exec must promise to bring Eric Szmanda, James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, and Noah Wyle onto Enterprise

Sadly, this candidate has no clue who these people are. However, if you could elaborate I could consider it

What? A candidate who does not know about any hotties?
Eric Szmanda is the messy haired young cutey on CSI.
James Marsters played Spike on Buffy.
Nicholas Brandom played Xander on Buffy.
Noah Wyle plays Dr Carter on ER.

Now you understand why they NEED to be on!
And Spike (James Marsters) could concievably be on Enterprise. If they have alien Nazis, they can have Spike.

Oh! Another Demand!

Alien Nazis plotline is to be replaced with Spike!

Alexia
09-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Um, yeah...

We offer whatever Lexy said, but twice as much, :P :D :twisted:

OOOoooooooooooooooooh NIC! You're such a cheat! :evil: :x :twisted: :lol:

What? A candidate who does not know about any hotties?
Eric Szmanda is the messy haired young cutey on CSI.
James Marsters played Spike on Buffy.
Nicholas Brandom played Xander on Buffy.
Noah Wyle plays Dr Carter on ER.

Ah, I do know Eric, I just didn't know his name :wink: I am afraid I don't watch Buffy. I apologise! And OF COURSE Noah Wyle is Carter *slaps hand to head*

As for getting them on Enterprise...I'll see what I can do. Maybe Noah could be hot alien guy of the week? :wink:

Draknek
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I want spoilers! I want promises made! GIMME GIMME GIMME!
In that case, you should sign up to receive my campaign statements. I've already made several promises that should make you, personally, a very happy person.

It's not called opt-in for nothing.

Opium
09-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I have decided that, as no-one has totally satisfied my every want and need, I am running for the election also.

My party is called the "Better-plotted-and-timelined Universe's Hub-party", or "BUH" for short.

My party platform is as follows:
-Enterprise will be more like the superior Treks: DS9 and TNG.
-Archer will shave his head
-Archer will notice Porthos is lonely, and adopt a wirehaired dachsund.
-I will do my best to contract Eric Szmanda and Noah Wyle into guest-starring roles.
-Since James Marsters and Nicholas Brendon aren't doing much these days, and used to be on UPN, I will offer them standard long-term contracts to reprise their Buffy roles.
-Out with the Alien Nazis, in with the Vamps with Soul and Lovable Funny Guy
-Better props...the retro-future look is fun!
-Better costumes...less blue-grey, more sophisticated black, green, pink, and yellow!

My secondary platforms are as stated:
Enterprise needs Hoshie to date Mayweather, and him to date her back.

VOTE FOR "BUH" and Opium. I'm in theatre; that's close enough!

Alexia
09-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Opium...*wishes I hadn't spent so long typing that reply to your post*

Vote Lexy & Sab. We listen to our voters and try to compromise so everyone is 99% happy, even when they don't appreciate it :wink: [/i]

Opium
09-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Don't worry, Lexy. I never said I wouldn't vote for you. I did appreciate your post very much!

I just said I was starting my own party so I would be 100% satisfied instead of just 99% satisfied that I tried to get everything I wanted.

Alexia
09-11-2004, 07:44 AM
OK :wink: :mrgreen: