PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the breeze? (and other random thoughts)

admiral sab
09-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Ok the description of this forum mentions shooting the breeze with other 5MV forumgoers. But we have never shot the breeze here. How does one do this? You can't see the breeze. You can see the trees blowing, but you can't actually see the breeze. So how do we shoot it? If we find a way, who's interested in shooting the breeze with me?

This has been a bored moment by Sab

anyone else have a bored, random thought? Post it here!

Ginga
09-08-2004, 01:15 AM
Random thought of the moment: CSI is so great! I can't believe I only figured that out just now. And Catherine's so cool! Has anyone else noticed that all these Catherine characters, no matter how they spell their names, kick major ass? :D

Other random thought: If you shot the breeze and accidently murdered someone... the guys from CSI would SO find out that you did it. :lol:

Nic Corelli
09-08-2004, 01:39 AM
The Practice is better than CSI. :P

Because, if you shot the breeze and killed it, and the guys from CSI caught you, lawyers from The Practice would argue that the CSI guys caught you in an unconstitutional manner, and set you free on technicality. So you can happily murder others!

Don`t you just love lawyers? :mrgreen: :P

Ginga
09-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Ah, but which is the series that's over? :P

*sniff* I... have to go back to school tomorrow... save me... anybody... *lip quivers*

Alexia
09-08-2004, 07:51 AM
*saves Ginga*

*takes a pot shot at the air*

Opium
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
CSI is better than the Practice! At one time the Practice was as good as CSI, but then it went all wonky. :?

I just got into CSI this summer and I love it! It's a great show! Now, CSI could have gone the wrong way as the Practice did, and shoot some of their main characters into the breeze, but they did not! That is why CSI rules.

Except Law and Order and ER and Law and Order SUV are also all great.

And that newish PBS series from the BBC...the Linnly Investigates or something like that...well, if Grissam ever gets to caught up in debating whether you shoot the breeze or the breeze shoots you, they could help solve the case.

GAH...I need sleep...have made any sense in the last paragraph?

PointyHairedJedi
09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Bah, CSI is just silly. I'm quite liking The Lyon's Den and Without a Trace though.

Also, yesterday I got a book out from the library that KJ may appreciate - it's Falling Sideways by Tom Holt, in which a small group of frogs secretly control the universe... :D

catalina_marina
09-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Ooh! Sounds good! :D

Xeroc
09-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Honestly, I don't watch any of these shows! Either they don't come on, come on the same time as ST, or come on when I have more important things to do.

You guys can put the pitchforks away now, you know.

And about shooting the breeze, the spatial anihilator works (personally I reccomend the 2500 series or better, the XNT450, the best, but I think even a 1550 would do it), but it'll take out a small moon (or a small planet if you have a good one) if you're not careful.

Nic Corelli
09-09-2004, 03:08 AM
The Practice? Went wonky? I`m watching season 7 and it`s the best freakin` drama I have ever seen in my entire life.

And ER got soooo worn out! :twisted: I used to adore it, now I switch the channel immediately when I see it! :twisted:

Also, if you shoot the breeze, you can always plead the 4th Amendment. The breeze has clearly been stalking you and violated your privacy. :mrgreen:

Ginga
09-09-2004, 03:16 AM
I don't care what you say, ER still rules. If there's any talk about the show ending this season, I'm going on a rampage. :twisted:

Spike TV has been on all day at this house. I'm still watching CSI. O_O

Nic Corelli
09-09-2004, 04:18 AM
ER is starting its 11th or 12th season, right? That`s just horrible! 7 or 8 seasons are QUITE enough for any show! ER is now just blocking some new, fresh and original shows from coming on air! :twisted:

Opium
09-09-2004, 08:56 AM
ER may be in its 11th season, but it still kicks The Practice's 7th season. I mean, how many times could the female lawyers get stalked...as was done in, like, 3 or 4 seasons out of 7!

Anyways, I like CSI. The darn Spike Marathon is driving me nuts, because now they are replaying the few eps I saw on Showcase. Now, of coures, Showcase is another story...those ads are embarrassing and tasteless and crude! If Showcase did not have Curb Your Enthusiasm, CSI, Ali G, and the occasional good movie, I would never watch it!

Now, to shoot the breeze accuratly on stage, you first have to wash the mirrors in the dressing room, because the janitors are too afraid of going in there in case they move something and the costume mistress yell at them.

So, after the mirrors are sparkly clean, you take a chorusmember who is an experienced crew member, and have them throw the confetti using a modified water pistol at the appropriate moment in the breeze, which is created by a directed-air fan that is sitting backstage.

Nic Corelli
09-09-2004, 10:35 AM
ER is way too soapy, :P

And The Practice kicks it oh so hard, :twisted: :twisted:

Also, the breeze totally had it coming. :D

Hotaru
09-13-2004, 11:18 PM
::shoots breeze::

Damned breeze, it makes everything all... breezy.

Anyway. FFXI is currently down for maintance, so all of you need to figure out some way to amuse me. If you can turn yourselves into a Paladin, White Mage, Dark Knight, Warrior, or Dragoon I'd be set for an FFXI party here on the boards. So, who want to help me pass the time?

(substitutable classes: Red Mage, Monk (fighting kind, not healing), Ranger, Beast Master, Summoner, Theif, Ninja, Samurai, Bard)

Or Ya'll could just say some stuff, that'd help too. I'm so bored....

taya17
09-14-2004, 01:18 AM
The Practice is better than CSI. :P

Because, if you shot the breeze and killed it, and the guys from CSI caught you, lawyers from The Practice would argue that the CSI guys caught you in an unconstitutional manner, and set you free on technicality. So you can happily murder others!

Don`t you just love lawyers? :mrgreen: :P

I love the way this boy thinks.

Of course, the best way to shoot any errant breeze would be with the business end of a five-mile long station. D'oh!

AKAArzosah
09-14-2004, 10:28 AM
this seems the best thread for this random film thingy

www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/29/

taya17
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
.... that was, uh, bizarre.

And it's on endless loop! *snork*

Hotaru
09-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh, my, God!

I've been trying to find my link to Kenya everywhere! Arzosah I think I may love you.

AKAArzosah
09-15-2004, 12:30 AM
oooookaaaaaay...

mudshark
09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
*turns on gigantic Hollywood-type wind machine*

Opium
09-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Silly reason by CSI rules over the newer eps of The Practice: Jeffery Combs and Jolene Balock guest-starred!

Scene 1: Outside, on a windy day in Vancouver
Standby breeze, light, sound, actors
Good to start
Breeze 1, GO.
Actors, GO
Lights 1 GO
John: I'll kill you!
TopHatman:Not if I kill you first (THM holds up gun)
John: (hestitates) You'de kill me?
TopHatMan: Of course! You don't die! (moves finger on trigger of prop gun)
Sound 1, GO
John: Ha ha! You only shot the breeze!

Ginga
09-16-2004, 03:39 AM
*goes to Kenya* WHOO!

Whee... I wrote an angsty fic that's all anti-C/7. Does that make me half-weird because it's angsty? O_o

Opium
09-23-2004, 10:12 AM
New CSI! New ER! All in two hours! YAY!

Erm...breeze shooting...yay...

Ginga
09-25-2004, 01:06 AM
*takes an axe to Catherine's stupid cheating boyfriend bastard guy*

*gives him to the breeze* Grr. That guy deserves a real ass-whooping.

Other than that, though, the CSI: season premiere was t3h greatness. I haven't watched ER yet but I taped it.

Nic Corelli
09-25-2004, 02:57 AM
Alias season 2 started! And ZOINKS! how it ever rocks! :D :D :D

danieldoof
09-25-2004, 10:13 AM
today in germany the 15 th season of the simpsons is starting

I am so looking forward to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Opium
09-25-2004, 10:47 AM
CSI was soooooooooo good! Poor Greg...the newbie seemed much more interested by Warrick... it seems Greg will never get outside the lab, nor getthe girl, yet he's so good and cute! (yet amusingly clumsy) :(

ER was good...the first 30 minutes were super-intense, the last 30 less so, yet still full of ER goodness. Maybe we will get some Carter/Abby (or should I say, Carter/Dr Lockhart? ) goodness this year!

Don't let Greg shoot the breeze. He may end up shooting his foot :)

Ginga
09-25-2004, 05:46 PM
I know! Poor Greg! T_T

Oh, if we don't get Carter/Abby by the end of the season, I'm throwing a hissy fit, since it IS his last season and all. *GRUMBLES*

Opium
09-25-2004, 11:34 PM
It's cool that CSI hasn't given into 'ships, although my dad and I both wouldn't mind Gil/Cathrine...because Gil has to be better than cheating-no-good-used-to-be-on-Xfiles-dude. Also, with CSI, the question would be, if they gave into 'shippers: would it be Sarah/Nick, or Sarah/Warrick, or Sarah/Greg? (personally I think Greg is really cool all on his own! ) I'm glad CSI has stayed plot-driven, not ship-driven!

Now to a 'ship driven tv show...

Hehe, maybe we need to run for ER Executive Producer:

Fuyu Ginga and Opium: Abby/Carter By The End of The Season, Guarunteed!

Ginga
09-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Fuyu Ginga and Opium: Abby/Carter By The End of The Season, Guarunteed!

Oh, can I get an "amen"? XD Seriously, though... they're perfect for each other. On Friday at school I was railing before class about how Carter went off and got married to, I think I referred to her as, "That African Bitch" or something to that effect. If the people who heard that couldn't tell that I've always wanted Carter and Abby to get together, then they've got a brain the size of a peanut.

Anyway...

I'm totally all for Catherine and Grissom getting together. And gee, since everybody was trying to marry them when they went to go check out the sci-fi chapel in the season premiere, I think Nick and Sara would be really cute together. X3 But not Grissom and Sara. No no no no no. :P And um, Warrick can have Newbie DNA Girl since she was all "Oh, wow, Warrick, teehee!", but then again, I think everybody permanently scared her off and scarred her for life.

Any dead guy is better than cheating-no-good-used-to-be-on-Xfiles-dude. XP Just when I finally finished making my Alex Krycek punching bags and dart boards... :evil:

Oh, and this is for Pointy, who describes CSI as "silly":

http://tv.yahoo.com/nielsen/

Go ahead. Clickie. :3

Opium
09-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Don't worry, Carter isn't to his fiance...yet...even though they almost had a child together...and better not be, because Abby/Carter MUST take place! :D

Ginga
09-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Oooh. O_O He's not married to her!?

Then THERE'S A CHANCE! T_T <--tears of joy.

Okay, I know I've asked this before, but could anyone send me the font... ehm... let's see. It's the one Alexia uses on a lot of her avatars. Kinda small... kinda... computery...? The name is weird, it's just numbers or something like that. O_O But I'm on the verge of needing this font now instead of just wanting it. Can anyone send it to me or send me a link where I can download it? :P

PointyHairedJedi
09-27-2004, 10:45 PM

Watch me not care. :P

Xeroc
09-27-2004, 10:49 PM

I'm watching!

Maybe you'll get good ratings!

Ginga
09-28-2004, 02:25 AM

I'm watching!

Tratorious bastard! Stop watching Pointy! :P

Font. Need. O_O Dying! Death! Font! AAAHHH... X_X

Opium
09-30-2004, 09:37 AM

I'm watching!

What? Sorry, Pointy, but watching you is nothing compared to watching CSI and ER. I mean, really, there's not much to watch...all I see is a post from you ever now and again.

So CSI and ER still get MY vote on the stuff to watch!

*sniff* but without Jerry Orbach, L&O just isn't the same. At least there is still L&O:SVU

Nic Corelli
09-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Ah, Carter/Abby... let`s see...

season 7

season 8

season 9 (stopped watching)

supposedly...

season 10

season 11...

So, isn`t there anything else for these two characters to do, besides `shipping and un-`shipping, over the course of *five* seasons? :P :twisted:

Opium
10-03-2004, 11:03 AM
:cry:

Neither CSI nor ER were on due to certian pre-empting by a certian 90 minute campaign informational program.

But I'm Canada! I've already seen my candidates debate the issues...with many less rules...and I already voted! I say PM Martin make it a priority to STOP pre-empting of American shows in Canada for American news events. :P

I demand satisfaction! Okay, maybe it's just that I was really grumpy on Thursday due to various reasons...

catalina_marina
10-06-2004, 04:33 PM

I'm watching!

What? Sorry, Pointy, but watching you is nothing compared to watching CSI and ER. I mean, really, there's not much to watch...all I see is a post from you ever now and again.
Ah, but you're not actually watching him now are you? :twisted:

PointyHairedJedi
10-06-2004, 09:22 PM
The cameras... they're everywhere! Watching... always watching....

*Twitters away to self madly*

Opium
10-10-2004, 09:16 AM

I'm watching!

Ah, but you're not actually watching him now are you? :twisted:

Cat, I think it is YOU who are watching him! :o

Now, as for ER...ooo! I think if you squint but didn't blink, you may have seen the itty bitty moment where Abby and Carter talked and Abby was all caring and encouraging and trying to get Carter back on track by going to AA! Unfortunetly, I think my last paragraph contained more words than did their A/C moment...

But what...Warrick and Cathrine on CSI :?: I'm confused...

Hotaru
10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
W/C is very disturbing. Where did it come from!?

Opium
10-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow...you must be disturbed by it! Take a look at your punctuation!
I mean, perhaps they should just let Cathrine cool off from relationships after cheating-no-good-used-to-be-on-Xfiles-dude...and focus on some Sarah/Nick action! I mean, she's had less dates than anyone on the show... with C/W they might as well have thrown us Greg/Grissom :!: It came out of nowhere!

Now, if Sarah/Nick would get together, and Warrick got involved, at that girl who quit came back...we'de end up Days Of Our CSI :P

Hotaru
10-10-2004, 09:25 AM
I dunno, I don't picture Nick/Sara ever actually working out. Sure they're great friends, but that's it. They're too alike, yet too different to have it work out. Maybe W/C would work.

And there is always hope for G/G :twisted:

Opium
10-10-2004, 09:29 AM
So...G/G...C/W...a lot of age differences there, eh? :lol:

How about Cathrine/Nick? Or if Sarah gets reaaaaaaally drunk one night and sleeps with Greg, cus he had the crush on her way back...

Erm...I actually really like Sarah/Nick as friends...it's just at least, though, it would make sense in the sense that it is established that they hang out so much. Maybe there is hope for C/G too... which G is up to you :o

Ginga
10-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Okay, if you were watching from the beginning and watching VERY carefully, you would see that C/W did NOT come out of nowhere. I can safely say that throughout Season 1, their relationship was "flirty" and chok-full of little C/W moments.

Here, remember the time when they were in the break room and asking each other what they were like in high-school? Warrick says something like, "Oh, I didn't have any best features, I was just the nerdy kid." and Catherine says, "What about your eyes? There's your best feature."

And right then, everything kinda stops and they just stare at each other...

It was VERY sweet. X3

And then there was the time Warrick said all that great stuff for her when
Eddie sicked Child Services on her... and then all the times when he would ask if she was alright, especially on the cases where little kids died...

You have to watch a little carefully, but if you go back and look a little closer, you'll see, or hopefully see, that C/W is not like C/7. XP And remember, there's nothing big, it's just a lot of little things...

Opium
10-10-2004, 05:39 PM
I guess there were some connecting moments between Cathrine and Warrick...I think what threw me was the classic "oops I fell into your arms" execution of the flirty moment.

And that I'm a major C/G fan! (once again, I'll let you choose which one! ) :lol:

Chancellor Valium
10-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Data/T'Pol should be the next trans-temporal Star Trek 'ship dontcha think?

Nic Corelli
10-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Oh, totally. :mrgreen:

Or Troi/Kim.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hotaru
10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm reviving this thread for more... breeze shooting.

Is anyone dressing up for halloween? My sister (the newly registered "Priest") made me a cloak. I'm going as... get this...

A BLACK MAGE!

Woo!

Anyone else dressing up?

Ginga
10-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I am, I am! I'm going as my super hero that I talked about in some other thread... Metal Girl!

And one of my friends came to school dressed as Captain Janeway today. X3

Opium
10-29-2004, 11:42 PM
If I have time to get dressed up on Halloween (I have theatre all day...go figure!) I am going to be Teresa Hienz Kerry!

Zeke
10-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Yikes! Stay away, you'll scare the crap out of me.

Sa'ar Chasm
10-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Zeke has a fear of ketchup.

Priest
10-30-2004, 02:08 PM
My sister (the newly registered "Priest")

Why does that sound vaguely annoyed to me?

A BLACK MAGE!

Yer dreaming, brother-dear. It's really just a black cloak with gold accents ((it makes me look like child-evil when I wear it. It's too big for me-- or rather Taru's too tall)), with the Black Mage AF hat from FFXI, and Yuna's summoner's staff.

Hmm... maybe I should let you borrow one of my braids, Taru; then you really can be Yuna. Only, you know, in a big black cloak... cape... thing.

And if I actually bother to buy the hat and the gloves today, I'm going to be an elegant lady in a witch's hat.

Chancellor Valium
03-07-2005, 01:47 PM
BANG! There, I shot that blasted thing. It was beginning to really grate, you know? :P :P :D :D

KillerGodMan
04-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Random stuff:

House is by far the BEST new show on TV this year. Believe me, fox did good, it EARNED it's second season, it DESERVES it!

Dr. House = T3h coolest

NeoMatrix
04-04-2005, 04:16 AM
I agree, but actually 24 is better

KillerGodMan
04-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes, but 24 isn't a new tv show....

*grabs machine gun*The breeze is goin' down!

Anonymous
04-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Hah, here's random for you - when I was watching episode two of new Who on Saturday I was greatly reminded all through it of this website, because you see several of the aliens we see are living trees, made of wood.... sound familiar? :D

Opium
04-05-2005, 12:36 AM
I made lemon-poppyseed cake from scratch finally! I could only eat a little of it, but it still tasted really good. Okay, so I actually took a poppy-seed layer cake recipe and added lemon zest and switched some lemon juice with milk. But anyways...it was yummy!

KillerGodMan
04-06-2005, 01:13 AM
here's a musical random thought; Sunday Bloody Sunday is an awesome song

NAHTMMM
04-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Hah, here's random for you - when I was watching episode two of new Who on Saturday I was greatly reminded all through it of this website, because you see several of the aliens we see are living trees, made of wood.... sound familiar? :D
Yes, of course. We have several of those in our backyard, only without the alienness ;)

PointyHairedJedi
04-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I bet they don't talk though. :P

NAHTMMM
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
I bet they don't talk though. :P

Oh, you were thinking of Babes in Toyland or whatever?

;)

PointyHairedJedi
04-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm going to thwap you in a minute. With an Oak Yacht no less. :P

KillerGodMan
04-11-2005, 01:57 AM
I noticed that Ginga's post counter says 1980, in ten posts; it'll say the year I was born...

Opium
04-11-2005, 02:51 AM
KGM, you're so young! Value it while you can! Soon you'll be old and washed up and over 20 like me.

*kidding*

MaverickZer0
04-16-2005, 09:21 PM
EEk! What does that mean for me?

Other than the fact the blue hair dye is STICKING and won't wash out, of course.

...I'm serious. It's been a month and it hasn't grown out even yet...

Oh no! What if that's my nautral hair color?

Wait...cool.

KillerGodMan
06-11-2005, 04:35 AM
here's a thought, I have dark brown hair, I usually have some kind of highlight in it, it was red, now it's blond, with some remnits of red, but, soon, it will be GREEN! O_O

It never said blong, I don't know WHAT you're talking about

Opium
06-12-2005, 12:37 AM
What is blong? Is some sort of colour between green and transparent? :wink:

MaverickZer0
06-13-2005, 05:39 AM
I would imagine it to be a sort of orangish-greenish-blondish-reddish-gold with a silver shimmer.

I defy anyone to realistically imagine that and not get a migraine.

Oh yeah...mine's still blue. I think there's something wrong with it.

PointyHairedJedi
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I would imagine it to be a sort of orangish-greenish-blondish-reddish-gold with a silver shimmer.
Are you sure that isn't octarine you're thinking of?

Hotaru
06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I bleached out the black in my hair. I'm back to my natural brown. Dyed hair was nice, but roots are not :cry:

Zeke
06-13-2005, 08:33 PM
You're not helping us remember your gender, Ho-kun.

Hotaru
06-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Is it the avatar?

Opium
06-14-2005, 01:41 AM
Is it the avatar?

The avatar, the hair...hmmm.

Then again, having "Opium, Herione" is not enough for some to realize I am a girl...

Wanna switch avvies and sigs and see what happens? :P

KillerGodMan
06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
That'd be..... odd

Chancellor Valium
06-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Here's a random thought for you all, somewhat musicological, too:
"Electrical Banana is gonna be the sudden craze".