PDA

View Full Version : September 15

Zeke
09-09-2004, 06:27 AM
After a wait of (checks) five months, Fiver By Committee will return on (checks) September 15.

Thank you for your patience.

(checks)

- Z

catalina_marina
09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I just realized something. We did 22 blocks, but there are only 21 blocks posted in the Completed Fiver Blocks thread.

And it's not that bad, Zeke. It's been only four months, not five. :wink:

Gatac
09-09-2004, 05:11 PM
And I just rewatched Matrix...oh, the fun we're going to have.

*cackles maniacally*

Gatac

Xeroc
09-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Woooo! :D

Can't wait!

PointyHairedJedi
09-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Great!

NeoMatrix
09-10-2004, 04:18 AM
That's good news!

Saxamaphone
09-10-2004, 04:43 AM
I'm back just in time then

Alexia
09-10-2004, 05:57 AM
If you start from the bottom and read up, this thread sounds a lot like word assosciation :lol: I actually had to check what thread I was in :wink:

Sounds like fun! Can anyone be on the committee? I'm not quite sure how this works...

Zeke
09-10-2004, 05:59 AM
If you start from the bottom and read up, this thread sounds a lot like word assosciation :lol: I actually had to check what thread I was in :wink:

Sounds like fun! Can anyone be on the committee? I'm not quite sure how this works...

Hmmm, after a four-month gap there will probably be people who don't know what FBC is. I'll make an explanation thread and Sticky it.

Alexia
09-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Thank you Zeke. You're so obliging :wink: :mrgreen:

Scooter
09-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Woo hoo!

Now let's actually post to the FBC with funny block ideas when it comes back, O.K.?

'Cuz, ya know, we weren't always doin' that...

Looking forward to it. Thanks, Long Suffering Zeke. Hey, new name! We should call him LSZ from now on. Except [people will think he's some kind of new hallucinogen...

Scooter
09-10-2004, 11:14 PM
(checks)

Cool! When do we get them? Can we cash them right away?

hahahaha, nevermind. *slinks away*

taya17
09-14-2004, 04:10 AM
You know, for a moment there I thought you were making wordplay on "Czech", and like me, would like nothing more than to keep a harem of cute Central/Eastern European boy-toys...

...then I re-read your post carefully and realized belatedly that it's not always spelt "cheque" by other people. :roll:

Scooter
09-14-2004, 06:48 AM
...then I re-read your post carefully and realized belatedly that it's not always spelt "cheque" by other people. :roll:

Dang, was I being Americentric again? Howzabout dat. *slinks away*

Zeke
09-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Wait, are you British or American? You've always seemed British to me. And who's your avatar now?

Alexia
09-14-2004, 07:11 AM

:wink: Of course I could be wrong, or that coulda been put in after you asked. Whats wrong with me today? I'm admitting I could be wrong...*looks around* I think I need to stop taking those pills...

And how do you seem British? :lol:

The avvy looks like someone who I don't know who it is, standing outside a tardis, or possibly something else. :mrgreen: Am I close? :wink: :lol:

PointyHairedJedi
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
That is, of course, Chris Ecclestone, Doctor version 9.01.

Zeke, there are people outside the UK that are fans of Doctor Who too, you know. :wink:

Alexia
09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
And there are people in it who aren't :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
09-15-2004, 03:40 PM
We don't talk about those people though. Because they are sick and very disturbed.

:P

Scooter
09-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Wait, are you British or American? You've always seemed British to me. And who's your avatar now?

To quote Shaggy: "Zoinks!"

Of course I could still be located in New York City but be British (some Brits do emigrate here for some reason). But yes, I admit it, I am American (sigh).

New avatar is Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor (FAQ on the new Doctor for those interested: http://gallifreyone.com/newseriesfaq.php). The American fans are probably more rabid than the British fans—we're all waiting with great anxiety to see what channel picks up the new series (latest rumor is Sci Fi channel). I've loved Doctor Who for ages, and a few other British shows. After all, most Britcoms are ten times smarter than Friends, and most episodes of Doctor Who are at least twice as smart as ... um, nevermind. :)

"always seemed British" Shall I take that as a compliment? I can certainly understand a Canadian assuming that someone with a brain would have to be British rather than American.. ;)

Scooter
09-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Doctor version 9.01.

I suppose you're counting the dethroned BBCi Ninth Doctor, Richard E. Grant? ... Now referred to as "the Online Doctor" :). Personally I like "the Flash Doctor." Makes it sound like he runs real fast...

Zeke
09-16-2004, 12:04 AM
"always seemed British" Shall I take that as a compliment? I can certainly understand a Canadian assuming that someone with a brain would have to be British rather than American.. ;)

It was a neutral assumption based on our guest-fiver-related correspondence, but it certainly wouldn't have been a compliment -- I think very highly of America. In some respects I like your country better than mine lately. Why do you think PHJ and I tick each other off so often? :D

Scooter
09-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I think very highly of America. In some respects I like your country better than mine lately. Why do you think PHJ and I tick each other off so often? :D

Wow, I thought everybody hated us now. Anyway America is a great country, not as great as it thinks it is but still a great country. At the moment I'd rather live in New York than anywhere in the world.

Alexia
09-16-2004, 05:45 AM
It was a neutral assumption based on our guest-fiver-related correspondence, but it certainly wouldn't have been a compliment

Ooh Zeke you wound :( *picks up 2 suitcases that have magically appeared by my feet and walks away tearfully into the distance*

Are we that bad? :wink:

Zeke
09-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Ooh Zeke you wound :(

Are we that bad? :wink:

Arrrrrgh! What's difficult here? It's possible to make a comment that's neither a compliment nor an insult, isn't it?

...ISN'T IT?

By the way, I'm sorry, but I just didn't have time to start up FBC again today. I'll do it tomorrow if I can, but I'm trying to get a fiver done for a site event and it's slow going.

Alexia
09-16-2004, 06:40 AM
No :wink: Ok yes :mrgreen:

I think it as the certainly wouldn't be a compliment bit that sounded bad :wink:

*Edges back closer* :wink:

Chancellor Valium
09-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Is the Empire that unpopular?

catalina_marina
09-17-2004, 04:15 PM
As long as we're this far off-topic anyway, I came to like the UK better and better, over the last six months or so. (If it's any consolation, Lexy. :wink: )

Alexia
09-17-2004, 05:29 PM
As long as we're this far off-topic anyway, I came to like the UK better and better, over the last six months or so. (If it's any consolation, Lexy. :wink: )

It is :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium
09-17-2004, 08:02 PM
To catalina: Ah? You don't mind our empire and it's tracklements? (Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly where you are from - but if you happen to be from Spain - I would point out that our Foreign Office has been trying to flog the Empire for years - a referendum was recently held on Gibraltar and the people voted a landslide to remain part of the Empire.....)

Alexia
09-17-2004, 08:55 PM
:roll: The great rolly eyed one is not from Spain :wink: She is from the...

[brainwashing kicks in]greatest country in Europe[/brainwashing kicks in]...

[17's overridding brainwashing kicks in]Croatia[/17's overridding brainwashing kicks in]

No...wait, thats wrong :wink:

Standback
09-18-2004, 05:10 PM
[actually on topic]Sorry to see FBC's not back up quite yet, but I'm glad to hear it's made its way towards the upper end of the to-do list... as always, looking forward to return.[/actually on topic]

[vaguely on topic]And, to help out, here's a bit of irresistable bait - for the next week and a half at least, I'm completely, utterly not here. I've started my IDF Basic Training for Mathematicians this week, and the next week and a half is the longest stretch I'm going to be on base. Clearly, the immutable laws of the immortal Murphy demand that the return of the FBC take place while I'm not around to enjoy it.[/vaguely on topic]

That's all for the moment - must rush off and pack for tomorrow. Soldier on, y'all!

Chancellor Valium
09-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Actually, the greatest country in Europe is obviously Britain. I mean, we still (just manage to) have an Empire that spans a continent and a sizable chunk of another (as well as all the endless islands, Malta, Gibraltar, Passthesalta, and the Laxative Islands..... :D

PointyHairedJedi
09-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Why do you think PHJ and I tick each other off so often? :D
Unresolved sexual tension?

*Runs*

Nic Corelli
09-18-2004, 08:25 PM
In that case, I see no solution other than resolving it.

:twisted: :twisted:

KillerGodMan
09-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Zeke, you said Fiver By Committee would return on the 15th, that was three days ago...

Nic Corelli
09-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Zeke, you said Fiver By Committee would return on the 15th, that was three days ago...

Was it really? What proof do you have? :twisted:

Scooter
09-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Actually, the greatest country in Europe is obviously Britain. I mean, we still (just manage to) have an Empire that spans a continent and a sizable chunk of another (as well as all the endless islands, Malta, Gibraltar, Passthesalta, and the Laxative Islands..... :D

I always thought the greatest country in Europe was the U.S. ... :)

Kidding, I'm kidding.

KillerGodMan
09-18-2004, 09:46 PM

Well, let's see... It's September the 18th, I'm in the same time zone as Zeke... the 15th was THREE DAYS AGO!

Is that enough proof? 8)

PointyHairedJedi
09-18-2004, 09:58 PM

Kidding, I'm kidding.
You kooky colonials, sometimes you're just so darned cute when you're trying to be funny. :P

There are some who would say of course that the UK is the best state in the whole of the USA...

Nic Corelli
09-18-2004, 11:52 PM
... the 15th was THREE DAYS AGO!

So you claim. Why should we trust you? :P

Xeroc
09-19-2004, 12:38 AM

Kidding, I'm kidding.
You kooky colonials, sometimes you're just so darned cute when you're trying to be funny. :P

There are some who would say of course that the UK is the best state in the whole of the USA...
That would mean if the U.S. was (in theory) equivalent to a country in europe, but the U.K. only equivalent to one of our states, that would clearly make the U.S. superior!

Of Course, this is all just theory! :wink:

Xeroc
09-19-2004, 12:40 AM
... the 15th was THREE DAYS AGO!

So you claim. Why should we trust you? :P
Yes, Zeke has this ability to somehow time-warp a few days into weeks, or even months!

I wouldn't be suprised at all if this was another time-warp!

Go read all the Time-Travel Week Fivers, including Paneldemonium, then get back to us.

NAHTMMM
09-19-2004, 02:06 AM

Your point being? ;) It's probably been knocked out of phase with our universe and is being recalibrated as we speak.

Or maybe Zeke used invisible ink when he posted it. :)

mudshark
09-19-2004, 02:07 AM
15th, 18th, time warp, phase variance, whatever -- they're all simply manifestations of "soon", nicht wahr?
IDF
= Israeli Defense Force?
Unresolved sexual tension? :znerk:

taya17
09-19-2004, 02:25 AM
I don't care what y'all say, I'm agreeing with Lexy.

*small voice points out that Lexy was brainwashed by her*

Oh shut up... don't say it out loud and no-one will know!

Zeke
09-19-2004, 04:02 AM

Yes, and on the 15th I posted a perfectly good excuse. :) Read up in the thread.

Scooter
09-19-2004, 06:53 AM

Yes, and on the 15th I posted a perfectly good excuse. :) Read up in the thread.

Remember, always complain in a well-informed manner.

Pteryx
09-19-2004, 07:40 AM
Yahoo! Zeke didn't forget that we exist! :D Now let's hope he gets the time to actually continue things... -- Pteryx

KillerGodMan
09-19-2004, 12:02 PM

Remember, always complain in a well-informed manner.

Yeah, well... I'M AN IDIOT AND I DON'T CARE! :D

Chancellor Valium
09-19-2004, 12:40 PM

Kidding, I'm kidding.

That would mean if the U.S. was (in theory) equivalent to a country in europe, but the U.K. only equivalent to one of our states, that would clearly make the U.S. superior!

Of Course, this is all just theory! :wink:
And it's rubbish. Since Britain is the place you get your language and most of your (so-called) culture, it couldn't be a state! Anyhoo - WE don't have to pretend we aren't building an empire - we've had one for ages, and WE'RE NOT GIVING IT UP! :D

catalina_marina
09-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Why do you think PHJ and I tick each other off so often? :D
Unresolved sexual tension?
Isn't that someone else's line? I mean, I have no idea who, but just someone else? :roll:

catalina_marina
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM

18 - 15 = 3.
QED.

catalina_marina
09-19-2004, 04:39 PM
(Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly where you are from - but if you happen to be from Spain
Does "evil Dutch woman" tell you anything? :wink:

catalina_marina
09-19-2004, 04:42 PM
And then there are those who claim that Scotland is the best country in the UK. :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
09-19-2004, 04:45 PM
And those people are indeed wise. But not as wise as the ones who say it's the best country in the whole world. :D

Chancellor Valium
09-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Okay. So why didn't you like the UK in the first place?

PointyHairedJedi
09-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Oh, it's okay. But mainly because of Scotland. :D

catalina_marina
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
^I think he was talking to me. :wink:

Well, there's the concept of the accent... And, ehm, well, there's also the accent. :roll:

NAHTMMM
09-19-2004, 10:21 PM

18 - 15 = 3.
QED.
The above "proof" is faulty--Zeke made no mention of what base he was using. :roll: ;)

Nic Corelli
09-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Indeed, NAH, and I also would like to ask the Evil Dutch Woman - what proof do you actually have that 18 minus 15 equals 3? ;) If such proof even exists, that is...

KillerGodMan
09-20-2004, 12:08 AM

18 - 15 = 3.
QED.
The above "proof" is faulty--Zeke made no mention of what base he was using. :roll: ;)

He's on the same base I am, unless he's from Mars, in which case he's a minute behind

NeoMatrix
09-20-2004, 04:51 AM
You know, he never said the year.

taya17
09-20-2004, 08:23 AM
You know, he never said the year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know... I think he's right.

Chancellor Valium
09-20-2004, 09:49 AM
to catalina: *puzzled* what accent? we don't have accents
to pointy: Scotland isn't the greatest country in the UK: everyone knows its North Wales! The scenery is beautiful, they 100% xenophobic, they HATE the English, they glare at people, they have no economy, and they even hate the people from South Wales! :D

Sa'ar Chasm
09-20-2004, 01:33 PM
WE don't have to pretend we aren't building an empire

Yeah, you just have to pretend you're not disassembling it. *beams*

(>50% English ancestry, the rest being Irish and Scottish)

Zeke
09-20-2004, 01:59 PM
You know... I think he's right.

Yep, he's right.

Right that I never said the year, anyway.

<font size=-2>(FBC will actually be back in the year 21XX, after being tested for decades in a special capsule to ensure its reliability. Tragically, its return will herald the end of human domination of Earth and the beginning of a terrifying new robot regime.)</font>

Chancellor Valium
09-20-2004, 06:31 PM
To Sa'ar: Our Foreign Office are trying to disassemble it, I'm perfectly happy to keep it as it is and annoy liberal americans...... :D

Anonymous
09-21-2004, 01:56 AM
(FBC will actually be back in the year 21XX, after being tested for decades in a special capsule to ensure its reliability. Tragically, its return will herald the end of human domination of Earth and the beginning of a terrifying new robot regime.)

:lol:

Why Zeke, I never knew you had an archnemesis with the ability to build something that starts out cooler than FBC and even befriending it, but which gradually turns psycho... -- Pteryx

Pteryx
09-21-2004, 01:58 AM
...on another note, I thought I was logged in with this browser... :? -- Pteryx

NAHTMMM
10-13-2004, 01:07 AM
Browsers can be weird like that, all right... ;)

Alexia
10-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Scotland isn't the greatest country in the UK: everyone knows its North Wales!

*is momentarily startled*

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAH.

Ok I'm done :wink:

Seriously though, the UK doesn't have a "greatest" country. I've been to Wales once, it was very nice, lots of sheep (I love sheep :mrgreen:) (no not in that way), but you have to feel kinda sorry for Wales. It has all those campaigns to save it... :wink:

Standback
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
On a completely unrelated note... Is it time yet for my bimonthly heming and hawing and less-than-subtle hinting that I'm eagerly awaiting FBC's reawakening?

Zeke
10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Yes, it is.

Standback
10-14-2004, 10:25 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks, Zeke!

::hems, haws, and hints somewhat less-than-subtly as to how eagerly he awaits FBCs reawakening. All the above is done, however, extremely good-naturedly and with excellent taste.::

OK, guys, back on topic. Everyone knows the greatest country in the UK is Anvilania.

NeoMatrix
10-16-2004, 05:05 AM
*Joins Standback on hinting*

Xeroc
10-16-2004, 05:05 AM
*Me Too*

Congratulations on your 4,000th post, NeoMatrix! :D

Chancellor Valium
10-16-2004, 01:31 PM
*stands back and watches them trying to get Zeke to do something....and laughs.... :D

Pteryx
10-17-2004, 01:33 AM
Will you do it for a Webmaster snack? 8)

(Cool new title for me, BTW, as big an FFT fan as I am. :) ) -- Pteryx