PDA

View Full Version : So, I changed a lightbulb today.

Michiel
09-27-2004, 07:27 AM
I stood on my bed, with a spare lightbulb on the table. I screwed out the old lightbulb, stepped off my bed, took the new lightbulb, got on my bed again and screwed it in.

Sa'ar Chasm
09-27-2004, 01:59 PM
That answers that question.

Chancellor Valium
09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
what a useless topic :D

Katy Jane
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
This really should be moved to the lighting section.

Celeste
09-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I gots bad grammer

PointyHairedJedi
09-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Ahh, but what kind of fitting is it though? Are we talking a bayonet or screw fitting? It really does make all the difference you know.

By the way, I think you'll find the correct technical term is "lamp". ;)

Xeroc
09-27-2004, 10:50 PM
This really should be moved to the lighting section.
Do we even have a "lighting" section?

This is a Star-Trek Fiver Forum after all!

Katy Jane
09-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Well we should have a lighting section. :p ;)

Opium
09-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Perhaps we should have a stage-and-screen lighting section. However, if you change a lightbulb in a stage or TV/movie light, you can not touch the lightbulb itself, as the oils on your fingers get transferred to the bulb, and when the bulb heats up...BOOM. So you must use a papertowel or glove to change stage lights or TV/movie lights.

Nic Corelli
09-28-2004, 11:10 PM
This shouldn`t be moved to a lighting section at all, and if you think it should, you suck. :twisted:

Hotaru
09-29-2004, 12:45 AM
I believe that a change to the Lighting section is totaly unwarrented. This belongs here, where more people can see it. Or possibly in the instructional section...

Chancellor Valium
09-29-2004, 09:52 AM
I think there should be a Goat's Cheese section. *Everyone else stares* What? I just happen to like goat's cheese, thats all. :?

PointyHairedJedi
09-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Wattage, man! It's vital that we know the wattage!

Chancellor Valium
09-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Chronotons! Were chronotons present, causing the bulb to prematurely age?

Michiel
09-29-2004, 08:18 PM
I think chronotons would cause the bulb to get younger, since they travel backwards in time. However, wouldn't that cause the bulb to unscrew itself and fall off the ceiling?

And I agree with the goat's cheese section idea. We definately need one of those.

Nan
09-30-2004, 12:55 AM
I also changed some lightbulbs. Yesterday. :D

NAHTMMM
09-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Our lab was discussing changing one of those noooo-touchee halogen bulbs Opium mentioned this very day, believe it or not. :?

Opium
09-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Our lab was discussing changing one of those noooo-touchee halogen bulbs Opium mentioned this very day, believe it or not.

Last year in stagecraft, I was doing really well, and then one day...well...I was being really careful not to touch any of the bulbs we were changing (the class was cleaning all the 100+ light fixtures in the theatre) and I sort of ended up tugging the bulb out with a paper towell, and hitting the bulb on the wall. OOOOOps. :? The prof wasn't impressed. Only one in the whole class to break a bulb... :idea:

I think this definently needs its own subsection, linked into the Misc forum, so it will get the attention and the special place it deserves.

If we get a goatcheese section, will we also get a pie section? How about a recipe section in general? Or why don't we call up Martha Stewart and see if as, a community service (because she probably needs CS hours right now) she will host a whole 5Mrecipe subsection/forum for us?

Hotaru
10-01-2004, 01:35 AM
I would LOVE a forum hosted by Martha Stewart.

Martha: As you can see, cat, if you put some fresh flowers in your secret cave of DOOM, then when you kill random forum goers they don't feel so bad.
cat: You are so right.
Martha: And Zeke, things go faster with a touch of cinnamon, don't they?
Zeke: I love you, Martha.
Martha: Opium, don't you love this nifty love the color scheme I custom made for you?
Opium: Yes, I do!
Martha: And we can all visit 5-Minute voyager on the computers I made for you out of dryer lint and left over meatloaf!

Martha-hosted forums, they're a good thing.

Katy Jane
10-01-2004, 01:51 AM
^ROFLMAO :mrgreen:

erm... I mean, Can we keep this on topic please. :P

Xeroc
10-01-2004, 02:57 AM
erm... I mean, Can we keep this on topic please. :P
On topic? In 5MV? That happens?

Light Bulb.

So, did you hear about that time ... blah ... blah ... blah ... off topic ... off topic ... off topic ... blah ... blah ... blah ...

Chancellor Valium
10-01-2004, 08:08 AM
While we're on tangents, who were/are/will be/have been/will have been/will once be about to be having been about to be John and/or TopHatMan? I do not understand these in-references....

mudshark
10-01-2004, 03:57 PM
If we get a goatcheese section, will we also get a pie section? I'm pretty sure that the entirety of Five-Minute Voyager qualifies as a pie section. :D

Nic Corelli
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
John and the Top Hat Man? Arrrgh... We have to explain this to every newbie, don`t we? :mrgreen:

To cut a long story short - don`t ask. Seriously. :twisted:

Katy Jane
10-02-2004, 01:10 AM
^Good answer. :mrgreen: ;)

Michiel
10-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Lets get back to lightbulbs, shall we?

How many tophatmans would it take to change one, btw?

PointyHairedJedi
10-02-2004, 01:05 PM
While we're on tangents, who were/are/will be/have been/will have been/will once be about to be having been about to be John and/or TopHatMan? I do not understand these in-references....

*Cracks knuckles*

"...who willan on-haven mayan on-to be/haven mayan on-been/willan are mayan am-been..."

NeoMatrix
10-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Basically, John dies alot and TopHatman wonders around malls

Alexia
10-02-2004, 03:22 PM
*Cracks knuckles*

I've gone into this topic twice now and every time I read that I crack my knuckles...is this some new kind of mind control Pointy? :wink:

Chancellor Valium
10-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Will someone PM me an answer or something....I am beginning to walk towards the Cupboard of Mild Apocalyptic Feelings, and you do not want me to remove from it the Great Spiky Stick-thing of Slight Discomfort........ :x :wink:

NAHTMMM
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
This (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=321&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=3600) is the earliest mention I could find of TopHatMan, who then proceeds to get mentioned an awful lot more. Basically you'll have to ask Opium about him ;).

Nic Corelli
10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
There is also a mention of Top Hat Man in this amusing fiver (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=thestoryteller). :twisted:

Which works best when you read it as part of a trilogy, containing this one (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=theforsaken) and this one, too (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=dramatispersonae).

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Katy Jane
10-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I would, but i don't fully understand it my self, in fact I doubt anyone does. ;)

Xeroc
10-03-2004, 06:15 AM
There is also a mention of Top Hat Man in this amusing fiver (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=thestoryteller). :twisted:

Which works best when you read it as part of a trilogy, containing this one (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=theforsaken) and this one, too (http://www.fiveminute.net/ds9/fiver.php?ep=dramatispersonae).

Nic, those are just three links to fivers you wrote with only a casual mention of TopHatMan in the first one!

Opium
10-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Ah, yes, the history of TopHatMan:

It all started a while ago, around 9 months ago, as I was posting on the 5MV forums when I needed some sort of thing to post in the One-By-One thread.

As I looked over on the table my computer was sitting on, I saw a photo of a guy from a play I stage managed. The guy was in a top hat. TopHatMan was born.

Then, I posted "Confused man in a top hat wandering around the dazed and confused in a mall" as this was a amusing thought when I had not had much sleep. A legend was born! :wink:

Soon, I remembered that Johnny Depp had worn a top hat in Benny and Joon; more of TopHatMan's personality and life was beginning to take shape, as also many others were posting about TopHatMan and bringing substance to his being. A few months later I re-read 1984, and in it, the"history" books that were (re)written by Big Brother that described the "capitalists" in their top hats... the re-writing of history, the media being bigger than the person, the evil of it all, a culture just going along with it because that's what's it like... this gave meaning to TopHatMan's life.

The preceding message was approved by TopHatMan and TopHatMan campaign.

Chancellor Valium
10-03-2004, 04:01 PM
and "John"?

NeoMatrix
10-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, John Sheridan dies almost every 5 minutes or so, but then comes back to haunt us some more. He has a wife named Delenn who is a tribbble. He is also friends with TopHatMan.

I believe John came into existance a month or so before TopHatMan

Opium
10-04-2004, 01:16 AM
You'll have to ask 17 and Cat about John to get a really detailed description...or none at all :wink: Take a look at the Group Adaptive Story...there you will understand... *ominous music*

Nic Corelli
10-04-2004, 01:32 AM

Nic, those are just three links to fivers you wrote with only a casual mention of TopHatMan in the first one!

Hence the twisted smilies. :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. Heheheheh (http://www.fiveminute.net/startrek/fiver.php?ep=obsession) :twisted:

PointyHairedJedi
10-04-2004, 01:41 PM
*Cracks knuckles*

I've gone into this topic twice now and every time I read that I crack my knuckles...is this some new kind of mind control Pointy? :wink:
:twisted:

Also, can we get back on topic, please? This is supposed to be about lightbulbs, you know...

Chancellor Valium
10-04-2004, 06:12 PM
All: Then move it to the lightbulb section!
:D

Nic Corelli
10-05-2004, 01:26 AM
You mean, the light bulb section? :twisted:

Michiel
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
I think it's actually called a lamp.

Chancellor Valium
10-05-2004, 11:21 AM
The technical term is Heat-Light Diffusion Vacuum Electro-Magnetic Device, or HLDVEMD :D

Katy Jane
10-05-2004, 08:04 PM
I have a question, how many forum goers does it take to change a Heat-Light Diffusion Vacuum Electro-Magnetic Device?

mudshark
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
3.14159 ....

Xeroc
10-05-2004, 10:48 PM
The technical term is Heat-Light Diffusion Vacuum Electro-Magnetic Device, or HLDVEMD :D
ICWYMAWYWTATITLTYSRBTRLA :D

Katy Jane
10-06-2004, 02:21 AM
whooboy

NAHTMMM
10-06-2004, 02:59 AM
ICWYMAWYWTATITLTYSRBTRLA :D
IAQSIAGTYSWHMATTHMOMNHBTABTSLACBCTSPYK? ;)

Katy Jane
10-06-2004, 03:21 AM
ICBINB!

Nan
10-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Agh! Stop! This heinous use of acronyms must END!

Alexia
10-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Don't you mean the HUA? :wink:

Nan
10-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Ooooooh, be glad I'm not a moderator. :P

Zeke is too smart to give me that sort of power.

Mmmmm.... power.

Opium
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
This one time, at film camp, I had to change a lightbulb...

S, CR.

Alexia
10-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Thats alrignt, I understand not being able to resist things :wink:

Nan as a moderator? Scary :wink: :P

Chancellor Valium
10-06-2004, 12:43 PM
It would make sense - NTMVAM i mean, after all NTMV has been writing 5ers for 5MV for QST. :D
Oh, and
WTFAYOAYSSPIHNCWYANIAPENDJSYDUYKVWSSPNTFMYDKBYSKSI SNGTTYBYSKST! :D

NAHTMMM
10-06-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm just going to assume there weren't any pertinent threats in there and go about my business as usual... ;)

catalina_marina
10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
What the frell are you on about, you *beep* *beep* *beep*...

PointyHairedJedi
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
You remind me of that guy.... you know the one I mean.... he had a lightbulb too, as it happens. It's a funny story really - remind me to tell you about it sometime.

NAHTMMM
10-07-2004, 01:54 AM
It would make sense - NTMVAM i mean, after all NTMV has been writing 5ers for 5MV for QST. :D
Oh, and
"What, therefore, are you on about, you silly stupid person? I have no clue what your acronym name is. Acronym's probably evil, no doubt. Just so you do understand, you know very well [there's that SSP again] silly stupid person. Nice try fooling me, you do know, but you should know stoppit. I should now go, talk to you! Bye! You should know salamanders tantalize"? ;)

Xeroc
10-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Oh, and
"What, therefore, are you on about, you silly stupid person? I have no clue what your acronym name is. Acronym's probably evil, no doubt. Just so you do understand, you know very well [there's that SSP again] silly stupid person. Nice try fooling me, you do know, but you should know stoppit. I should now go, talk to you! Bye! You should know salamanders tantalize"? ;)
http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/clap.gif Congratulations, NAHTMMM! :D

(It's understandable, after all, your name is an acronym of DOOOM!)

catalina_marina
10-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh, and
"What, therefore, are you on about, you silly stupid person? I have no clue what your acronym name is. Acronym's probably evil, no doubt. Just so you do understand, you know very well [there's that SSP again] silly stupid person. Nice try fooling me, you do know, but you should know stoppit. I should now go, talk to you! Bye! You should know salamanders tantalize"? ;) :lol:

Wonderful! :D