PDA

View Full Version : the earliest non-staff member of this forum is.....

Chancellor Valium
10-04-2004, 07:56 PM
"The earliest member of the 5 Minute Forums,"
"Yes!"
"On phpBB"
"Yes!"
"Is"
"Yes!"
"Is"
"You're not going to like it...."
"Doesn't matter! We must know who!"

"The earliest member of the 5 Minute Forums,"
"Yes!"
"On phpBB"
"Yes!"
"Is"
"Yes!"
"Is"
"Yes!"
"Sa'ar Chasm!"
"Sa'ar Chasm? Sa'ar Chasm?! Is that all you've got to say after seven and a half million seconds?"
"I researched it quite thoroughly."
"We're going to get lynched."
Anyhoo, two people on the first page have only posted once: 4-GOM and 123 - and one hasn't ever - "Sheep". This is what my research has found. :D

Hotaru
10-05-2004, 12:09 AM
You look up wierd things.

Nic Corelli
10-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Fascinating!

I`m not very surprised. Sa`ar is quite old. :P

Celeste
10-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Actualy, I do belive that I'm earlier than him. You just can't tell because the old data of the forums was lost. :\

NAHTMMM
10-05-2004, 01:10 AM
In terms of ALL the forums, Celeste (and Saxamaphone, and many others) has been registered at 5MV much longer than Sa'ar (or I) has, yes. ;) In fact, I think I first registered a few months before Sa'ar did, and Celeste was around long before me, so....

Nic Corelli
10-05-2004, 01:16 AM
The Pre-Historic Age of 5MV! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NeoMatrix
10-05-2004, 02:16 AM
to be official, Zeke was the first 5MV forum member

mudshark
10-05-2004, 04:48 AM
All's I know is that, when I first registered, Celeste and PHJ were already here, as were the recently-reappeared FatMat and Draknek. Kira had fairly recently joined the staff, and I think IJD a few months prior to that. MIA for a while now are Kosst Amojan and SimonBob, who were also here.

Sa'ar Chasm
10-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah, there are many, many people who predate me, but because of accidental deletions and re-registrations, I cut to the head of the line.

I think it happened during the time I was unemployed and online 15+ hours a day. Zeke mentioned that the new fora were up, so I went and registered.

Chancellor Valium
10-05-2004, 03:01 PM
On the subject of fora....
shouldn't the URL be www.fiveminute.net/fora/
?

Celeste
10-05-2004, 04:52 PM
The Pre-Historic Age of 5MV! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What are you implying!? ::taps foot:: :evil:

::ahem:: So yes, 5MV was only prolly half a year old before I first stepped foot into it. God that was so long ago. lol

Chancellor Valium
10-05-2004, 04:57 PM
So when was that? I assume you refer to the ikonboard one, not this one........

admiral sab
10-05-2004, 07:13 PM
lol well I can top that. Nan, 17 and I were here for much longer. A time before the forum existed! ;)

LOL but who's counting?

Chancellor Valium
10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
How about a film?The 5MV before Forums :D

Draknek
10-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I know that I found the site when VVS8 had not long started. I don't know how old the site was then, though, and I can't remember when I joined the forums. My memory sucks.

mudshark
10-05-2004, 08:13 PM
So when was that?
**ahem!** (http://www.fiveminute.net/news/00jun.html)

Your history assignment ...

Chancellor Valium
10-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Gah! You flood me with my irrelevant work! I proclaim my titles to now be
Chancellor (duh)
Archbishop of Fiverbury
and Head Archivist..... :D

Chancellor Valium
10-06-2004, 12:17 PM
I can tell you that Issue #1 of This Just In told us that Microsoft had bought the site from Zeke for 47Billion dollars........http://www.fiveminute.net/thisjustin/1.html and was written on April 22nd 2001

Chancellor Valium
10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Oh, and who was Lord Amothus?

Chancellor Valium
10-06-2004, 12:26 PM
August the 11th 2001! That's when the first forums went up!

Sa'ar Chasm
10-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Ouch! Bright red bold text.

Dude, take a namesake.

catalina_marina
10-06-2004, 03:48 PM
On the subject of fora....
shouldn't the URL be www.fiveminute.net/fora/
?
I don't think anyone other than Sa'ar believes in that particular plural. :wink:

Celeste
10-06-2004, 06:16 PM
I remember posting on the forums how great that I loved 5MV and that I showed it to all the members of my Sim Org. Zeke came onto our IRC Channel after that and thanked me for showing my support. ;) It was then that I got fully involved with 5MV and even wrote a couple fivers.

Ahhh, memories.

PointyHairedJedi
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't think there were that many here when I first signed up. Celeste, FatMat, MPQ, SimonBob... who else.... Velvet Gecko, and Owen of course, and I think most of the staff members (though maybe not Derek Dean). Heck, thinking all the way back, I even remember my first post.

D'you know, I can't exactly remember when it was I joined. It must have been 2000 or 2001. Man, I wish I'd saved some of the stuff from back then...

Nan
10-07-2004, 10:58 PM
lol well I can top that. Nan, 17 and I were here for much longer. A time before the forum existed! ;)

A time before 5MV existed. We read the first fiver ever! I started the rank thing, but I'm neatly sidestepping any real responsibility for it. :mrgreen:

Oh, please use colour markup sparingly in the future, Val. It causes eyestrain for some people.

Zeke
10-08-2004, 12:54 AM
A lot of you remember the ikonBoard, but not many would recognize 5MV's very first forum -- the Request Board, a simple Bravenet forum. This is from before I was "committed" to doing a show on a regular basis, and before my fivers got long, so I took requests for which VOY episode I should do next and kept them on a page called the Queue.

While that forum is long since defunct, the Internet Archive has a copy of its final state:

The Request Board (http://web.archive.org/web/20010530073437/pub23.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?usernum=1965313061)

The "Everybody read this" message from me at the top (I posted as Webmaster because I liked being able to call myself that) was to let people know we were moving to a section of Owen's 3Sygma forums. Unfortunately, the archive hasn't preserved any of the message contents, but the names are interesting to browse. Most of them are Deltachatters from way back.

As an additional curiosity, here's the old Feedback page (http://web.archive.org/web/20010423072206/www.3sygma.com/fiveminute/feedback.html), complete with Queue. You'll notice some of these requests are still outstanding three years later -- in most cases, that's because they're episodes I'm particularly fond of and have been saving, like "Equinox."

Wow, Cel, I'd totally forgotten we met that way. Now that you've reminded me, though, I remember it distinctly. Might be fun to have a "How I found 5MV" thread -- we've been around long enough now that I don't remember everybody's story, even major forumers like Sa'ar.

Finally, to answer Valium's questions... one, we've had the fora/forums debate here before. We used to be the Five-Minute Fora, in fact; Owen set us up with that name and I kept it. But when it came time to do the new forum skin, I decided after a lot of thought that "fora" just sounds snooty. Two, Lord Amothus is a Deltachatter -- and also my oldest younger brother. His character was named after someone from DragonLance and was a dark, skulking-in-the-shadows type with a talent for assassination.

Katy Jane
10-08-2004, 01:38 AM
I clicked on the request board once, got confused and wandered off 8-}

Edit: Wait, no i didn't 5/27/01? I didn't even find this place till this fall.

Sa'ar Chasm
10-08-2004, 02:15 AM
we've been around long enough now that I don't remember everybody's story, even major forumers like Sa'ar.

I shouldn't be too affronted. At least he didn't confuse me with Sax this time.

Nan
10-08-2004, 03:57 AM
We'll just start calling you both Sa'ax. Saves the brain power required to differentiate you as individuals. :mrgreen:

Sa'ar Chasm
10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
In the tradition of Tuvix...

Sa'archamaphone: When Transporters Go Bad.

Celeste
10-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow, Zeke. Now that is the old forums lol Don't think I posted there, but I did leave something on the guestbook. Yub, page 24. :) That is also where the first reference to Zekey Buns is. (To my knowledge anyway) Check page 35. hehe

http://htmlgear.tripod.com/guest/control.guest?u=five_minute

Anonymous
10-08-2004, 08:36 PM
lol since you mentioned it:

The Evolution of the Term- Zekey-buns:

This was started as a term of endearment by froot. (I do believe) a fellow deltachatter. Who knew when she first called him this it would stick for what almost five years now. :)

By the way: DC's anniversary is Oct. 15 (the big 0-5)!

Anonymous
10-08-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm sure you knew that was me, but just in case... that was me.

PointyHairedJedi
10-08-2004, 09:50 PM
But... you can't be me! I'm me! And all the PHJ's are accounted for...

So, who are you, "me"?

Xeroc
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Maybe it's just my computer, but the last 3 links didn't work! All said "cannot find server" or "error"!

catalina_marina
10-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Maybe it's just my computer, but the last 3 links didn't work! All said "cannot find server" or "error"!
They didn't for me either. :cry: