PDA

View Full Version : What the?

Sa'ar Chasm
10-16-2004, 05:21 AM
http://www.guiastartrek.com.ar/databasever.php?archivo=ds9493_5m.htm

Apparently they like us in Argentina. Pity they had to pick my worst fiver to translate (I post this one because that's the one I found during a vanity search for Sa'ar Chasm).

I half suspect that the driving force behind this site is the fan who gave all the staff Argentinian email addresses. I'm given proper credit (the mailto: is even included), and I assume the same was done for all the others they posted, so I don't think I have any cause to jump up and down and get in a huff.

Zeke might, since they don't link to the site or give him credit for the Five Minute concept.

Scooter
10-17-2004, 01:17 AM
(La estacion gira a Velocidad Ridicula)

hee hee

Spanish-language version of 5MV should definitely be located at velocidadridicula.com. :)

mudshark
10-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Pity that [they] had to pick my worst fiver to translate Perhaps that one just translated well.

Xeroc
10-17-2004, 02:59 AM
(La estacion gira a Velocidad Ridicula)

hee hee

Spanish-language version of 5MV should definitely be located at velocidadridicula.com. :)
It's available, and I know some Spanish!

Don't worry, Sa'ar, It's still funny in Spanish!

NAHTMMM
10-17-2004, 05:10 AM
I'm given proper credit (the mailto: is even included)
Looks like (http://www.guiastartrek.com.ar/databasever.php?archivo=ent053_5m.htm) they don't know a spamblockified e-mail address when they see one though :? ;)

Anonymous
10-19-2004, 02:51 PM
I looooooooooooooove your fivers!!!! I´m very sorry if someone felt bad about all this, but as i read more fivers i couldn´t keep them to myself so i translated them and added them to guiastartrek.com.ar, a web I contribute to. I will tell the webmaster to add a link to this page, so everyone is satisfied. If you have any problems with me translating the fivers to spanish, pleas let me know, and i will stop inmediatey. Thanks!

el marpla

Zeke
10-19-2004, 04:59 PM
No problems whatsoever, marplanaut. In fact, I'd like to link to your translations from this site too. Thanks to you, 5MV has now been translated into its fourth foreign language -- far from being annoyed, I'm delighted and flattered. Thanks!

PointyHairedJedi
10-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Dammit, Zeke! You could have at least demanded that we be paid (in pies, naturally). :wink:

Anonymous
10-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks, if yoy would like to add a link to the translation, you can use this

http://www.guiastartrek.com.ar/cincomin.php

I usually translate the episodes that are broadcasted in Argentina. For example, last week it was impulse, from enterprise´s third season. Keep up the good work, and I´ll try to keep mine too!

if you want to contact me pesonally, my mail is marplanauta@gmail.com

Nic Corelli
10-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Wow! Fivers in Spanish are 20 times funnier than usual!

Velocidad Ridicula

Mwahahahahaha! :D

Or maybe it`s just me...

Lwaxana: Odo, estoy embarazada.
Odo: ?Que? ?Como? ?Cuando? Yo nunca...

:D :D :D

catalina_marina
11-01-2004, 12:02 AM
You don't know Spanish, do you? :lol:

Xeroc
11-01-2004, 05:10 AM
You don't know Spanish, do you? :lol:
I do! :D And the fivers really are funny!

ijdgaf
11-01-2004, 05:16 AM
I'd say my fivers are actually *funnier* in Spanish! My grasp of the language isn't as good as it should be, but I posted a reply in one of the threads in their forums.

A very good job, Marplanauta, in any case. :)

Xeroc
11-01-2004, 05:19 AM
I'd say my fivers are actually *funnier* in Spanish! My grasp of the language isn't as good as it should be, but I posted a reply in one of the threads in their forums.

A very good job, Marplanauta, in any case. :)
It's good when things get added, not lost in translation! :D