PDA

View Full Version : What you always wanted to make a fiver of

KillerGodMan
10-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah, um, hello

er... Yeah I made this so all you people, yes you, and you and even Zuke can tell us what they always wanted to make a fiver of but never contacted Zeke about it.

Me, I want to five DK-64, screw Luigi's mansion!

Heck, if it becomes popular enough, Zeke might give us permission to five what we state here.

Hotaru
10-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Anything FF-ish, I just don't think all my in-jokes would be funny. I know little things that no one else does, I've talked to other FF freaks, I've seen inside the brain of a SE employee! Well, maybe not the last one. That and I think Zeke once said most have already been claimed. I could write one for FFXI, but how does one five a 10000 hour game?

10000 hours seems like a lot? Think about this, my game time is 27 DAYS and 12 hours. that's 660 hours and I'm not even half done. I do however know the entire story thanks to my incredible curiousity ^^

Ginga
10-20-2004, 02:55 AM
I could see myself fiving Fushigi Yuugi... although half the dialogue would have to be things like, "MIAKA!!! TAMAHOME!!! HOTOHORI!!! ETC!!!" with the multiple exclamation points having to stay there. :3

NAHTMMM
10-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Yeah I made this so all you people, yes you, and you and even Zuke can tell us what they always wanted to make a fiver of but never contacted Zeke about it.
So I don't get to mention all those ST books I want to humiliate (or do tribute to, as the case may be) just because Zeke already knows about 'em? ;) Oh yeah, *ahem* people who don't read Star Trek don't know what they're missing out on... :P

Quite understandable that Zeke doesn't see any point in having novels fived because maybe 1 in 10,000 Trek fans have read any given book, of course.

...Oh, there's this one obscure sci-fiish book I read once, utterly bizarre, about a 12 on the Richter-Weirdo scale. MST3K would have loved a movie version. The weirdness was enjoyable for the most part, but then suddenly elementary-school science got chucked right out the window of the 80th floor of the Empire State Building and ICK. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I don't know that we have it anymore. But it would have been fun to write a fiver and then watch as people complained about the lack of any coherent plot or setting :D

Xeroc
10-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Yeah I made this so all you people, yes you, and you and even Zuke can tell us what they always wanted to make a fiver of but never contacted Zeke about it.
So I don't get to mention all those ST books I want to humiliate (or do tribute to, as the case may be) just because Zeke already knows about 'em? ;) Oh yeah, *ahem* people who don't read Star Trek don't know what they're missing out on... :P

Quite understandable that Zeke doesn't see any point in having novels fived because maybe 1 in 10,000 Trek fans have read any given book, of course.
I've read quite a many Trek books! :D

Hmmm.... I think I should five normal episodes before wishing to five something else. :wink:

Ginga
10-20-2004, 03:58 AM
Me too! You know, fiving Mosaic could be a fun thing to do on a Saturday.

Zeke
10-20-2004, 05:25 AM

That, and 90% of the books suck.

Nan
10-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Actually, I would put the figure around 95.3%, based on my sampling of about 150 of said novels. I found about 7 were worth a three-read, and those were all either TOS or New Frontier.

Enh. Maybe ten at the outside.

The Star Wars novels are pretty hit-or-miss as well. The problem with both seems to be decent concept, horrible execution.

Q-Squared (TNG) gets a nod for the sheer bizarre innovation of a stuffed Winnie the Pooh attacking a security guard.

This is why I've gravitated to comics. Their respective low cost takes the edge off when the relentless mediocrity starts to really hurt.

Case in point, JLA Witchblade. *shudder*

/rant

Chancellor Valium
10-20-2004, 06:24 PM
The Doctor Who ones hold up quite well...except that 9/10 of them are "but behind the X/Y/Z/Pie, there lies a dark secret from the Doctor's past" - but they're generally well thought out and written...or at least I think so.....

Wade, The Sane Commodore
10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
I have always wanted to five JAG, one of my favorite military comedies. Many people assume its a drama, but it is a comedy. Just watch it.

Chancellor Valium
10-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Wade, what do you five?

NAHTMMM
10-20-2004, 09:57 PM

That, and 90% of the books suck.

Which makes it all the more fun. :twisted:

[edit]Although in the worst cases it can be too much fun, and then you have to go back and tone down a little so it's presentable... :roll:

PointyHairedJedi
10-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Five-Minute... Dexter's Lab! And Five-Minute Powerpuff Girls! And Five-Minute Spongebob Squarepants!

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Katy Jane
10-20-2004, 11:47 PM
I still think it would be fun to five Disney movies. :D

stripysox
10-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Five-Minute Spongebob Squarepants? That would be totaly crazyness! Aw I love Spongebob. :D

I always wanted to do the first Harry Potter movie. Mostly because after reading too much 5MV I couln't stop thinking of things while I was watching it. I did infact start doing it about a year ago, just for me and my friend, but got stuck and sort of forgot about it when I started collage. I should go back to that. Fun project.

Wade, The Sane Commodore
10-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:35 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wade, what do you five?

I've fived 5 Next Generation episodes. I would love to do other Star Treks, but I don't get UPN, so that leaves out Voyager. I have just started to get DS9 on SpikeTV and I really like it, so maybe down the line I'll get to write a DS9 episode. I have seen some Enterprise episodes, but they're not open for submission.

So what do you five?

KillerGodMan
10-21-2004, 02:47 AM
I've fived 5 Next Generation episodes. I would love to do other Star Treks, but I don't get UPN, so that leaves out Voyager. I have just started to get DS9 on SpikeTV and I really like it, so maybe down the line I'll get to write a DS9 episode. I have seen some Enterprise episodes, but they're not open for submission.

Do you get Space? If you get space, than watch it on weekdays at 5 or 6, Voyager's on at either time, so is TOS, TNG and DS9.

Draknek
10-21-2004, 11:02 AM
While watching Angel season 1, I've had a few thoughts of "hey, I think I could possibly five this".

Which is odd because a) I think everything I write is rubbish, and b) I haven't even thought about fiving anything in aaages.

But I know that if I asked to five something, I'd then never get round to doing it. If I did it first, to avoid that situation, I'd then find the episode had been called.

<-- Pessimist

MaverickZer0
10-22-2004, 04:46 AM
<dammit stupid slow browser double-post>

MaverickZer0
10-22-2004, 04:49 AM
Since the only thing I would consider fiving is a video game, and any video games I've beaten either a)are taken or b) would get me lynched...

In some crazy dream world, I could consider fiving Mega Man :NT Warrior, or any of the BN stuff. Or maybe Inuyasha, although most anime are 1/2 hour long and probably out.

Although it's probably of no consequence, I could probably realistically five any of the Enterprise books (Well that is, 'What Price Honor?' 'Daedalus' 'Daedalus's Children' or 'The Expanse' which is slightly expanded thereof the last ep of season 2/first of season 3) or the Voyager books Section 31: Shadow (The title drew me) or Pathways (which thoroughly and completely sucked) or even The Nanotech War or Echoes (Echoes would be fun, all this confusing alternate-dimension stuff is my specialty right now).

I could also five any Sonic game with Shadow in it, and since I'm right now working on Sonic Battle its a viable option.

admiral sab
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
On Star Trek Books: Peter David has some really good reads and Mosaic and Pathways were decent. I think fanfic should be fived. ;) lol in a way it already has.

Five Minute Princess Bride anyone? Yep that's my favorite movie. And I think it would make a great fiver. Inconcievable!

Zeke
10-22-2004, 02:54 PM
You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it does.

Chancellor Valium
10-22-2004, 06:52 PM
fanfic? Fan Fiction :wink: .

Alexia
10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
No, I think he might have meant "Inconcievable" :mrgreen: Maybe :wink:

admiral sab
10-22-2004, 07:51 PM
lol he was quoting Princess Bride. It's just so quotable.

"As you wish!"

Draknek
10-22-2004, 09:41 PM
I need to watch that film the whole way through.

The only time I've seen it on TV, I only realised halfway through that it was on.

Nate the Great
09-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah, there are definitely some fiver-worthy books. I'd lay claim to Q-Squared in a heartbeat, that's gotta be my favorite.

We'd have to restrict ourselves to the "big" books, the ones most of use have read. We could even do the recent book arcs. You know, Kirk back from the dead, what happened to DS9 and Voyager after their shows ended, etc.

richardson
09-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Yep, the Kirk arcs would be absolutely cool to five. So many new ways to poke fun with our favorite captain...

Of course, what I want to five is...

Freelancer
&
Starlancer (This one comes first except in the alphabet.)

And a few others if I ever think of them

Oh! The entire ratchet and clank series! Those dudes are already funny, if we five them, it'll be so funny as to make our spleens fall out!

MaverickZer0
09-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Also related to the above, I have the Mega Man NT Warrior manga, which could be interestingly fived...I even jotted down some notes for a couple, actually.

...and not that it's ever likely, but Fire Emblem (7, as in the first US one for GBA) is definitely possible for me. I just wouldn't know whether to use Eliwood's story or Hector's...

whoiam
09-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Of course, what I want to five is...

Freelancer
&
Starlancer (This one comes first except in the alphabet.)

Those games were cool - especially Starlancer. I'm not sure about fiving Freelancer, though - I mean, how many times was the game essentially "Save the world whilst hauling this cargo hold full of random junk!"?

PointyHairedJedi
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Well, shucks II, if you'd left it another month we could have gotten it up to the one year mark! :P

For some vaguely on-topicness, I would rather like to five an nBSG episode, but I've already enough fivers lined up to keep me going (at my particularly slow pace) for quite a while yet.

whoiam
09-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I think it would be cool to write some generic sporting fivers... like five minute golf... five minute football, five minute american football ("And the players come out at the start of the third quarter, and ohh, time for the next commercial break...") and suchforth.

If some fit of insanity allows Zeke to agree to this one, I'm calling 'test cricket', I think*-)

NeoMatrix
09-15-2005, 01:10 AM
How about writing sports fivers with Star Trek Characters?

KillerGodMan
09-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Picard has the puck, and OH NO! Crusher body-checks him! And now Worf has the puck... he shoots... HE SCORES! DATA'S TEAM WINS!

NeoMatrix
09-16-2005, 12:31 AM
"All Janeway has to do is make this Birdie putt for the win. She makes the attempt, but it stops just short of the hole. Uh oh, Janeway is mad and pulls out a Phaser Rifle and blows up the ball!"

Xeroc
09-16-2005, 03:05 AM
"And the crowd goes wild!"

whoiam
09-16-2005, 04:05 PM
"and an enraged Janeway uses the Phaser Rifle on them, too!"

Seriously, we should set up a trek characters golf tournament, say...