PDA

View Full Version : how do I make my avvy a smaller size?

admiral sab
10-23-2004, 03:24 AM
calling all you avatar makers: I need help. I want to use a certain avatar but the file size is too big. How do I make it smaller? advice?

PS the avvy I have now is a tidbit of it and I resized that to 100 x 100 so it would post.

Ginga
10-23-2004, 03:32 AM
:o

You crop it and resize it in, um, an image program. :/

Something tells me that's not going to help, though.

admiral sab
10-23-2004, 03:36 AM
lol no I've tried that. I have have Photoshop. It's an animated gif. PHJ made my animated gif before... Pointy, are you out there? Help! ;)

Xeroc you have an animated avatar... do you know?

Ginga
10-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Oho... yeah, I really don't know how to do those. X_X

Xeroc
10-23-2004, 04:16 AM
lol no I've tried that. I have have Photoshop. It's an animated gif. PHJ made my animated gif before... Pointy, are you out there? Help! ;)

Xeroc you have an animated avatar... do you know?
How to compress something?

Or how to make an animated gif?

Both. :D

The easiest would be for me to explain it in the IRC, or IM, but here's how to compress:

The easiest way is to decrease the colors, or export it into .gif or .jpg and pump up the compression ratio.

To make an animated gif, you need an animated gif maker. I have one, and if you want, send me the images (by email or something) and I'll make it for you! :D

Hope that helps!

Nan
10-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Optimize it for file size.

Check the Photoshop or ImageReady helpfile. There should be instructions there. ;)

admiral sab
10-24-2004, 02:49 AM
I've given up.

Xeroc expect a PM from me.

Xeroc
10-24-2004, 04:43 AM
I've given up.

Xeroc expect a PM from me.
I've emailed it to you!

I'm always availble to resize images, or modify or create animated ones!

admiral sab
10-24-2004, 10:06 PM
ok well for now I've snagged one from someone else! ;) But I will email you the pic I want resized so I can alternate my Trip/T'Pol avatars until a resolution comes about. ;)