PDA

View Full Version : TJI special: 5MV moves to Venice!

Chancellor Valium
11-07-2004, 01:40 PM
5MV moves to Venice: "Taiwan boring" says Zeke.

by Chancellor Valium

Five Minute Voyager members were shocked today at the announcement by Zeke, age unknown, General Manager of 5-Minute Voyager (or 5MV), that they would be moving their "fiver" factory from Taiwan, inexplicably, to Venice. When pressed for a reason, Mr. Zeke merely refused to see this reporter, claiming he would be shown in "soon". After three, days, this reporter was given a pre-prepared statement by Zeke saying that Taiwan had become "boring and stale" and that Venice "looked like a nice city.". The statement went on by saying that 5MV inc, was also moving there to "show that non-harmful industries do exist", and that this was part of the "ongoing crusade to save Venice from Pollution, Under-Population, Tourism and Terror." Zeke also said that this was also an attempt to "give Venice back to the Venetians". When asked how this fitted in with a foreign company moving to Venice, Mr. Zeke merely laughed, and called his armed butlers. Leaving quickly, this reporter then went to find out the views of the major players at 5MV.

"I think this is a deliberate ploy to throw Zuke off the trail. It's well known that Zuke has certain....feline attributes and hates water." claimed one mysterious Romulan, who declined to be named. When asked about the implications, the Romulan merely shrugged and referred her questions to her associate, Lady Catalina da Marina, who immediately appeared, with a large weapon. When asked her opinion, she merely said rolled her eyes, and attempted to stab this reporter. Similar responses came from well-known Democrat, Tarn-Vedra, and German political pundit, Gatac. When the most garrulous member of the Five-Minute community, a Ms. F. Ginga was asked she replied "It came as quite a shock. I mean, we're used to sudden bursts of activity followed by procrastination, but this was completely out of the blue. I mean. this is highly unusual, even for Zeke, and it's worrying, too. I mean, he's done some really crazy stuff before now, but this is just plain wyrd."

Mining Chief, Mr. Xeroc, when asked for reasons for the move, told TJI that "recent yields of Fiverinium, the special quality within fivers, have been exceptionally low. We project, that, even at current low rates of construction, our resources would run out within barely a few months. So if 5MV Incorporated is to stay in the Fiver business, a move now will be vital.” When asked about Venice, he said that “early prospecting shows high concentrations of Zekium, the ore from which Fiverinium is extracted, around the Italian coastline. These Zekium deposits appear to be around ninety-five per cent pure fiverinium, with barely two-point-five per cent procrastinatinium and the same for other impurities in the rock. We hope that, from there, we can create a pipeline from the highest concentration to Venice, which, happily for us, are in more or less a straight line.”

While not asked, a Scottish Jedi who refused to be named, but with pointed hair, claimed that he had “felt a disturbance in the Force” and that this move was in fact “the work of the Left Side. Zeke has been consumed by the Left Side, and will soon proclaim him self Dark Lord of the Smith. A heavy concentration of Left Side energy is in Venice. Beware! Heed my words!” before laughing maniacally and disappearing.

When asked about the religious aspect of the move, a clone of this reporter claimed that “Zeke’s conscience will guide him to the right decision. Now get out of my Cathedral this instant, you sinful person! Get out of here, or do I have to dance the Charleston?!” before laughing maniacally for the next fourteen days, until the end of his life.

Whatever the reason, members of the 5MV community will now at least be able to start their trade ‘ships in the city of romance and commerce.

PointyHairedJedi
11-07-2004, 05:36 PM
So of course the move has nothing to do at all with the recently imposed Fiver Export Tax imposed by the government of Taiwan. ;)

Most amusing indeed, Valium.

Chancellor Valium
11-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Thank you. Did you like the Enterprise reference?
And I didn'y get to ask about the fiver export tax....Zeke's very heavily armed butlers arrived before I had time to.... :(
At least someone read it....

Ginga
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
When the most garrulous member of the Five-Minute community, a Ms. F. Ginga was asked she replied "It came as quite a shock. I mean, we're used to sudden bursts of activity followed by procrastination, but this was completely out of the blue. I mean. this is highly unusual, even for Zeke, and it's worrying, too. I mean, he's done some really crazy stuff before now, but this is just plain wyrd."

Heehee! I learned a new word today. ^_^

I'm still laughing. You are so cool. X3

Xeroc
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Good one, Valium! :D

Mining Chief, Mr. Xeroc, when asked for reasons for the move, told TJI that "recent yields of Fiverinium, the special quality within fivers, have been exceptionally low. We project, that, even at current low rates of construction, our resources would run out within barely a few months. So if 5MV Incorporated is to stay in the Fiver business, a move now will be vital.” When asked about Venice, he said that “early prospecting shows high concentrations of Zekium, the ore from which Fiverinium is extracted, around the Italian coastline. These Zekium deposits appear to be around ninety-five per cent pure fiverinium, with barely two-point-five per cent procrastinatinium and the same for other impurities in the rock. We hope that, from there, we can create a pipeline from the highest concentration to Venice, which, happily for us, are in more or less a straight line.”
All I can say is: "It's Mine - all Mine! MWAHAHAHA!"

Chancellor Valium
11-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Thank you (sniff) thank you all....I'd just like to thank Xeroc and Fuyu for being there to quote, Pointy for reading it, and myself for allowing a few moments in my busy schedule....(sniff) :D

Nan
11-09-2004, 10:44 PM
We have a Vulcan in the fora?

Alexia
11-10-2004, 07:49 AM
I was thinking that :wink: :mrgreen:
fora
Plus, I think you may be channelling Sa'ar :wink:

Chancellor Valium
11-10-2004, 10:39 AM
a mysterious Vulcan. You get it now?

Alexia
11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Mysterious, yes. Vulcan, no :wink:

Chancellor Valium
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Nan, the Mysterious Romulan. my bad :roll:
I swear nan, u were a vulcan at one point.... :shock:

Zeke
11-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Valium...

Read (http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager/drone.html) stuff (http://www.fiveminute.net/scifivers/zhadum.html).

Chancellor Valium
11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
apologies. I could have sworn it was Vulcan...ach well...I can always edit....

Nan
11-11-2004, 02:19 AM
There were four cool Vulcans:

Spock, just all-around cool
Sarek, because is Lenard was the man
T'Pau, because I liked her sedan chair,
and T'Pring, for sheer badassedness.

Soval just makes me think "It's Sykes, from Alien Nation!"

Bleh. Good show, though. And movies.

Chancellor Valium
11-12-2004, 08:57 AM
I have no idea who T'Pring was, but I have to agree with you on T'Pau - and she was aloof and looked down her nose at humanity - a true Vulcan of the old guard.....not that there is an old guard on Vulcan, that would be "illogical" - not that being snobbish is illogical or anything :D ...

Nan
11-16-2004, 04:35 AM
Vulcans do not impress. Too few giant battleships of death.

I'm all about the giant battleships of death.

Chancellor Valium
11-16-2004, 11:30 AM
You mean like WarBirds?

Nan
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I would answer in the affirmative, but I'm still a little shocked you don't know who T'Pring is.

It's like Zeke not knowing Tommy Douglas. It makes my brain stumble.

To be fair: T'Pring more obscure than Tommy Douglas.

Zeke
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
The widespread admiration of T'Pring completely baffles me. She was a heartless blatch willing to let people die for her personal happiness. Yes, she should have been allowed to choose her own husband. But Spock and Kirk should have been allowed to choose whether to DIE just so T'Pring could screw who she wanted to.

PointyHairedJedi
11-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Where's the love for T'Porthos, that's what I want to know! It's always Spock this and T'Pau that, and T'Porthos never even gets a look in. It's a travesty, a downright travesty! :x

Chancellor Valium
11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Oh, you mean the girl who wanted Spock to marry her or something in the episode In Which Spock Smiles? Yah, she was eevil....and that episode had T'Pau! She's so funny....

richardson
11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
*Comes silently to the FMV forums, looking for the rare fiverinium, which he needs to complete his secret doomsday device. When he gets noticed....* Who me? No, I'm not using this large fiverinium vacuum to cause evil, why would you assume that?

MaverickZer0
11-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Get in line. Some of us use Dark Chips. Other use pie. Still others inspire fear by their anonymousness of having no avatar.

You all know who you are.

KillerGodMan
11-25-2004, 04:19 AM
EXCELENT job Valium, you should do more! MORE! MORE I SAY! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please? :wink:

richardson
11-25-2004, 02:36 PM
*Sees the long line of evil villans.* Hmmmm, this could get complicated real fast. *Goes over to the FBC forum to use the matrix hack to get guns, really big phasers in fact. And lightsabers, no truely evil force is complete without them.*

PointyHairedJedi
11-25-2004, 04:19 PM
You gotta be careful with those things, let me tell you. And for goodness sake, don't make my mistake and try and use one to cut your fingernails with!

Chancellor Valium
11-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately for you all, I have completed my evil plans, and am currently in Stage Two: Conquering And Domination. The flow-charts are becoming diabolically complicated to read. And KGM: thanks! I do have some connections with journalism, so-oo....I might write something else at some point......I need to drum something up, though....

richardson
11-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Why bother with flow-charts and journaliism? *Moves his clone army into town.* Huge overwhelming force works just as well until you encounter a plucky hero. The more complicated your plan is, the easier it is to fell.

*But just in case, he intends to intoduce poor FMV to Flashtrek.*

Chancellor Valium
11-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Sorry, did I not mention my armies of Mild Apocalyptic Feeling, and Legions Of Slight Discomfort? Oh, and I hold three nations under my grasp.....and they want to stay that way, too.

richardson
11-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Odd, a guy who uses slight evilness, and me, a former universal dominator who quit due to just not caring, and now that he is in reach of the most powerful subtance ever has only come back so that he remains to be known as the greatest villan ever.

Chancellor Valium, you have met your match. ONWARD, MY ARMIES OF UTTER DESTRUCTION! *he gets popped by his top aide, who has had to remind him before that yelling out commands is not a good thing.*

Chancellor Valium
11-26-2004, 01:17 PM
no, no I have not. I defeated Merciless Ming in single battalioned combat. My strategies are drawn from the greatest generals of time and space. And I have a goatee and powers from the Left Side of the Force....

richardson
11-26-2004, 01:19 PM
And I am the right. I am your anthesis, and I think things are going to get ugly in the future.

Chancellor Valium
11-26-2004, 01:27 PM
that would make you a force for good. And while you may be my antithesis you obviously lack my greatest strength: Style. Oh, and WMDs, naturally. Since I have fiverinium, you cannot defeat me. And I've started synthesising it....so there!

richardson
11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
AHG! *Starts researching counter agents for fiverinium.*

Chancellor Valium
11-26-2004, 01:51 PM
*increases defences around fiverinium stores and puts up SEP field around it.*

richardson
11-26-2004, 01:52 PM
*Lures Valium out with pie so that they can have a protracted lightsaber duel.*

Chancellor Valium
11-26-2004, 01:53 PM
*reduces richardson to a smouldering heap with his awesome lightsaber powers*

richardson
11-26-2004, 01:55 PM
*A clone of him steps out, actually, about 10,000 clones.* You see, we come prepared for any emergancy. *The all jump on valium.*

PointyHairedJedi
11-26-2004, 04:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/PointyHairedJedi/silly.jpg

Ahh, you don't know how long I've been waiting to use that. :D

richardson
11-26-2004, 10:00 PM
All right. But just in case, to keep further conflict from happening. *Mines the walls with anti-matter explosives and keeps the control*

Chancellor Valium
11-27-2004, 09:40 AM
fine. *sets up multiple SEP fields, cloaking devices and fiddly control panels which, rather than opening doors, allow you to play tetris.....and locks all doors in base from inside.

PointyHairedJedi
11-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Ahem... don't make me get it out again. ;)

richardson
11-27-2004, 02:39 PM
AH! TETRIS! EVIL COMMUNIST PLOT OF DOOM! *Hides in a corner to escape the evil communist invented game.*

Chancellor Valium
11-27-2004, 03:52 PM
don't worry - I'm not communist, I just employ them....

Opium
11-27-2004, 03:55 PM
AH! TETRIS! EVIL COMMUNIST PLOT OF DOOM! *Hides in a corner to escape the evil communist invented game.*

Are you talking about the kind of communists that want everyone to live well, and that have a democratically-elected government-literally "for the people, by the people" or are you speaking of the dictator "communism" that isn't really communism any more than my cat is a horse?

Chancellor Valium
11-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I thought he meant the latter.

Mj
11-27-2004, 04:05 PM
My cat is a horse...

PointyHairedJedi
11-27-2004, 06:01 PM
I know of a cat that eats like one (and probably would eat one too, given the chance).

Opium
11-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I know of a cat that eats like one (and probably would eat one too, given the chance).

Did you know horses actually graze, they don't binge. So "eats like a horse" really means a person grazes on low-fat, low-calorie, high-nutrient food in many tiny meals throught the day to keep up energy. :D

See? Something useful CAN come out of a Reader's Digest mag!

PointyHairedJedi
11-27-2004, 06:07 PM
See? Something useful CAN come out of a Reader's Digest mag!
Begone, foul fiend! :P

Chancellor Valium
11-27-2004, 07:10 PM
STOP this not-very-Goon-Show-like dialogue this instant!
The Goon Show is a major influence on me....

KillerGodMan
11-29-2004, 03:02 AM
Actually, if we keep this up, another TJI could from...

MaverickZer0
11-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh boy, lightsabers.

*pulls out Z-Saber and Shield Boomerang*

Bonzai!

*proceeds to make rapid sonicboom-like Z-Saber slashes throughout the room*

And what's wrong with Reader's Digest? Some funny stuff can come out of those little blurbs after the articles.