PDA

View Full Version : December 23

Zeke
12-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Day 5 strikes! Behold the new content....
<ul>
Marc kicks off today's update with Five-Minute "Infinite Regress (../voyager/fiver.php?ep=infiniteregress)," a T/7er's paradise.
Derek hits Season 6 with Five-Minute "Riddles (../voyager/fiver.php?ep=riddles)," and from here on, forget what I said yesterday about chronological order. (Among other reasons, Seasons 7 and "8" are done.)
Today's Top 10 list is the first of two great guest lists from PointyHairedJedi: The Top 10 Outcomes of the Serenity Crew Being Assimilated by the Borg (../top10/66.html). That's the ship from Firefly, if you don't know.
Finally, today is IJD's turn at the plate of our panel discussion. (Panel of our plate discussion?) A little knowledge of 5MV's structure will serve you well in reading Voyagers, Part 5: "Relative Exosites." (../features/voyagers5.html)[/list]

Nan
12-24-2004, 06:43 AM
So many peopel to KEEL, so little time. ;P

Sa'ar Chasm
12-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Yeah, that wasn't the Nan I know.

Nobody ended up mangled and screaming in pain.

Amusing, nonetheless, especially the concept of powering the engines with cuteness. I can't think of a better fate for it.

Nan
12-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Oh yes:

Torres: Oh, right. Do you seriously imagine anyone would waste their time writing kinky stories about you and me in bed together?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *falls over*

evay
12-24-2004, 11:00 AM
pssssst the Top 10 list is dated November 23, not December....

PointyHairedJedi
12-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh yes:

Torres: Oh, right. Do you seriously imagine anyone would waste their time writing kinky stories about you and me in bed together?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *falls over*
That had me in stitches too. :D

Also, Nan isn't that much the maiming type - that's more 17's forté (as I know all to well).

Chancellor Valium
12-24-2004, 11:10 AM
<delurk> Most amusing. I especially liked the Janeway/Seven scene about the Vinculum in Marc's, but whats with the monks in the other one? And why are they chanting "O come, O come Vulcan, and ransome captive Vulcan" - or are they just explaining what they're doing in a seasonal manner? still most amusing......And hasn't richardson had his cameo....as the officer who suggests that the Five-Minute Voyager be called "FMV" for short :mrgreen::mrgreen:</delurk>
And now.......Hark, a herald cave is calling..............

Alexia
12-24-2004, 12:04 PM
:mrgreen: Some quality Voyager fivers this week...the one week in months I have been too busy to read them!

I've been catching up at work this morning (WHAT?! Come on, it's Christmas Eve, you expect me to be working?! :wink: )

Neelix: Tuvok, would you mind if I came back there, so we can talk?
Tuvok: (over the comm) AAAH! THE PAIN, OH GOD, THE PAIN!
Neelix: A simple "no" would've sufficed.

Doctor: Tuvok's in shock.
Janeway: I just knew we shouldn't have left with him alone with Neelix for so long.
:lol:
Tuvok: Here, Captain. Have some pie.
Janeway: Mmmm... pie. Now about that frequency you saw before you got shot?
Tuvok: Here, let me draw it on this cake.
Janeway: Gasp. It's a sinusoidal cloaking frequency!
Tuvok: With mint frosting.
*snerks* :lol: :mrgreen: Nice one Derek!

Derek: Hey look, a transmission!
Zeke: It better not be that damned Borg queen again.
Kira: Nope. It's coming from the opposite direction of the Derek frontier.
Oooooooooh that's dreadful IJD :wink: But luckily I like dreadful :mrgreen:

Celeste
12-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Wow, Kudos to zeke for keeping up with this week long event after two months of .. uhh.. not being able to. :)

Of course now that i've said something it's all going to fall to peices.

richardson
12-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Okay, it is offical. You guys are insane....

I'm going to go make myself a bunny drive... *Gets out his anti-energizer bunny gun, and goes bunny hunting.*

Draknek
12-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I've finally found the time to read these new fivers - great stuff.

Kira: Um, the Exosite just went to warp.
Zeke: Blast! Pursuit course!
IJD: They're currently moving at Warp 47.
Zeke: That's ludicrous!
IJD: Faster, sir.
Hehe

Kira
12-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Naomi: I want to be the Captain's Bridge Assistant, so I thought I'd train for the job by observing you.
Seven: You are still insufficiently developed. In order to emulate me, you would require Borg implants and several months of accelerated growth in a maturation chamber.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Xeroc
12-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Insanely funny stuff all! :D * 1,000

Five-Second Voyager, NCC-4742-Q.
You can't get a starship name with many more references than that!

Zeke
12-25-2004, 03:41 AM
pssssst the Top 10 list is dated November 23, not December....

Thanks, E. I've fixed that.

For those who don't know, T/7 is actually a middling-popular VOY pairing. (Ficcers love to pair up bitter enemies -- that's why Spike/Xander is the most popular Buffy slash 'ship.) T/7ers call their 'ship "The Dark Side" as opposed to the Light Side, J/7. Personally, I think if J/7 looks like a Light Side to you, you've got bigger problems than what 'ship you're into....

Anyway, the home of T/7 online is Perfect Misfits (http://perfectmisfits.com), and when I first discovered it I was quite annoyed that its hitcount was higher than 5MV's. A rivalry ensued, in my mind anyway, and I derive great satisfaction from how badly we've stomped them into the dust since. (Of course, PM hasn't updated since late 2002, which may have something to do with it....)

MaverickZer0
12-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Insanely funny stuff all! :D * 1,000

Five-Second Voyager, NCC-4742-Q.
You can't get a starship name with many more references than that!

NX-746474201-D

NX, 01, Enterprise.
746 Voyager
D Picard's Enterprise.

I would throw the Defiant in there by frankly I can't remember it.

admiral sab
12-26-2004, 12:18 AM
T/7? I'm going to say that means Tuvok/7 because P/T is forever and ever... ;)

Zeke
12-26-2004, 02:46 AM
The standard symbol for Tuvok is Tu, but I use 2 in my fiver notes. By analogy, I use 2 for T'Pol as well, which frees up T for Trip. And Now You Know.

Of course, you know that, Sab, you're just in willful denial. :) But do you really prefer an adulterous 'ship to one that breaks up P/T? (Most T/7 is set before "Drive.") I think Tu/7 makes more sense than T/7 too, but mainly because neither Torres nor Seven ever showed the least evidence of being attracted to women. That's my problem with most slash on principle, actually. I do make the occasional exception -- there are a couple of common Buffy and Angel slash pairings for which there's reasonable evidence on the shows, even without it being overt. (Buffy/Faith and Angel/Lindsay are the ones I mean; while I don't like them, I admit that they're not necessarily out of character.)

And while I dig P/T, I'm also a closet P/7er. Make of that what you will.

Alexia
12-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I think Tu/7 makes more sense than T/7 too, but mainly because neither Torres nor Seven ever showed the least evidence of being attracted to women. That's my problem with most slash on principle, actually

That sounds like lack of imagination to me Zeke :wink: I like to think that it's there, under the surface :wink:

Of course, personally I prefer J/T, but that's another story :wink: And no, the T is not Tuvok...that's just wrong!

admiral sab
12-26-2004, 07:17 PM
lol well my husband really thought there was something to those looks between Janeway and Tuvok... ;)

I could see where J/7 would come from, but not T/7. That's just plain wrong. :lol:

Of course, you know that, Sab, you're just in willful denial. But do you really prefer an adulterous 'ship to one that breaks up P/T? (Most T/7 is set before "Drive.")

LOL Zeke. Ok well you got me there, BUT I still say Tu/7 makes more sense than T/7. Of course any ship with 7 makes more sense than C/7! ;)

Although now that I have all seven seasons of Voyager on DVD - :lol: - I must say that C/7 didn't quite come out nowhere as I had originally thought.

Ginga
12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh, noooo... I have so many images in my mind now that I REALLY didn't need. T_T

lol well my husband really thought there was something to those looks between Janeway and Tuvok...

*dies*

Celeste
12-26-2004, 08:29 PM
oh, GOD! It means Torres/Seven!? That's just wrong on so many levels. I mean come ON! One's a Klingon, the other's a Borg, that just doesn't WORK!

Standback
12-26-2004, 10:31 PM
N/7, anyone? Um, never mind.

Just popping in to say this past week's been GREAT. Thanks to Zeke, and the whole beloved 5MV staff, for all the wonderful, hilarious material. I'd quote if I had the time (and if everybody else hadn't taken the good ones), but for the nonce, I'm just going to say THANKS, and well done! Kudos all around. Also, pie.

MaverickZer0
12-27-2004, 03:53 AM
And while I dig P/T, I'm also a closet P/7er. Make of that what you will.

Woo! Yeah!

What? I like that one. I have a cache of stories, and links to several sites. I even actually experimented and wrote a couple, on Fanfiction.net even.

Don't all look so shocked. Paris/Tucker might be my favorite and crossover wish, but I was a P/7er a long time ago.

Marill
12-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Lol, I'm so happy that I was part of a crew killing helpless little bunnies :twisted:. IJD GAF sure got my character right in some places, especially here:
Marill: (over the comm) Do it yourself, you don't outrank me

however...

Marill: Hmm... Anyone want to play Pokemon Coliseum? No?
I don't actually have that :( *sniffle*
Well at least I got the last line ha :P

Anyway really enjoying this Voyager Week, good work everyone

Flixibixi
12-28-2004, 01:20 PM
I have it. :)

And Channel and Ruby and Sapphire and Fire Red and Leaf Green and even Silver.

I'm going to get Emerald, and am tempted by Pokemon Box.

I wanna see if I can get my Eevee to Ruby before I get the actual, offical cross-connection thingy.

I'm not exactly happy that GameBoy Advance Video won't play on the GameBoy Player. Something that I'm not-so-not-so-happy about is the fact that the episodes have just been thrown onto the cartridges without any concern for episode order.

What was this? Oh, an update outdated by at least one other update. Oh well. Don't mind me, I'm murdering Yahoo for hiding the attachment button. It's not like I'm trying to resuscitate an entire fandom or anything.

richardson
12-28-2004, 09:00 PM
There is no need to bring it back to life, it's still living, hiding in the shadows, waiting to strike. *Plots.* :twisted:

Zeke
12-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Just popping in to say this past week's been GREAT. Thanks to Zeke, and the whole beloved 5MV staff, for all the wonderful, hilarious material... Kudos all around. Also, pie.

Glad you're enjoying VW. Almost all the credit for what you've seen so far belongs to the rest of the staff, because the bulk of my contribution to VW will be on Day 7. Today's newspost explains when you can expect that to go online.

Flixibixi
12-29-2004, 12:47 PM
There is no need to bring it back to life, it's still living, hiding in the shadows, waiting to strike. *Plots.* :twisted:

You idiot, this IS the strike! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*hack**hack**hack**sneeze**belch*

Besides, I think this firmly establishes that my ego has taken charge until my sanity returns. It must have fled from the paint fumes, disguised itself as an elephant, and attempted to join one of those new-fashioned circii that don't have any animals.

It'll be back.

It always comes back. Usually with foreign chocolates. :D

richardson
12-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Well, I can fix that.... *Goes to lock up Flixibixi's sanity for all eternity.* :twisted:

Flixibixi
12-29-2004, 03:09 PM
NO, MY CHOCOLATES!

Now what am I going to use to curb my upcoming bout with PMS?

:twisted:

richardson
12-30-2004, 12:42 AM
This. *Thwacks Flixibixi with a fruitcake muffin from his Fling-o-matic mrk 2.* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Flixibixi
12-30-2004, 01:02 PM
...you couldn't manage a chocolate muffin? :evil:

richardson
12-31-2004, 01:22 AM
:shock: Whoa... that was too many shades of somewhere else, and besides, why be nice, fruitcake is the evilest substance known to man. *Thwacks again.* :twisted:

mudshark
12-31-2004, 07:39 AM
:
... fruitcake is the evilest substance known to man. Nope. Not even close.

Nan
12-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Marmite? Vegemite? That weird fake whipped cream stuff that's actually made of petroleum or whatever?

Headcheese?

AKAArzosah
12-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Naroq: I found the Ba'Neth's shape! I am a genius!
Seven: Hey, genius, it was my idea.
Naroq: Yes, but I pulled it off.

So now you're quoting the Lion King? Interesting...

Derek
12-31-2004, 03:55 PM
So now you're quoting the Lion King? Interesting...
Wouldn't be the first time for me. Check out Five-Minute "Brothers" (http://fiveminute.net/nextgen/fiver.php?ep=brothers).

AKAArzosah
01-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Data: I hate to tell you this, but my dad died... a long time ago.
Soong: Wrong again! He's alive!

Okay then. Is it sad that I picked up on both of those the instant I read them?

NAHTMMM
01-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Seven: The interlink is what gives the drones their power. It is an energy field created by every Borg vinculum; it surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the Collective together.
Janeway: Are you sure it's not just a lot of simple tricks and nonsense? After all, there's no mystical all-powerful force that controls my destiny.
Seven: I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Heheheh.

Janeway: Gasp. It's a sinusoidal cloaking frequency!
Tuvok: With mint frosting.
:lol:

Don't watch "Firefly" but I found these the silliest:
Upon assimilating Inara: All Borg vessels get a makeover, and are now decorated with drapes, silk cushions and big candles
Upon assimilating Jayne: The Collective suddenly gets the urge to assimilate Risa, Amsterdam, and Texas
Upon assimilating Simon: The Borg takes a sudden dislike to O-type stars
:mrgreen:

Nan: (on the screen) AAHH! The bunnies! The cute bunnies! Save us from the cute little bunnies!
Zeke: Um... who are you?
Nan: I'm Captain-- AAAHHH! (transmission ends)
Zeke: Interesting... I knew a Cadet AAAHHH back in the academy. Crazy lady. Smelled like bell peppers.

(Suddenly a high pitched whining begins. A portal appears and a cute, cuddly pink bunny emerges)
Zeke: Woohoo! We've won favor with the bunny gods for our kind deeds!
(The bunny dances about the bridge for a moment, then dives back through the portal)
Marc: I'm not so sure about that.
Derek: Yeah. That bunny stole my wallet.
Kira: And Marc's spooncorder.
Marc: And (gasp) the Hammer of Smiting!
Zeke: Noooo! The bunny gods have forsaken us!

IJD: They're currently moving at Warp 47.
Zeke: That's ludicrous!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Another fantastic installment!