PDA

View Full Version : January 2

Zeke
01-03-2005, 05:15 AM
I threatened (../news/04jan.html) to use it last year, and this year I did! Here's the promised post about 2004 and 2005 at 5MV, titled 2005: A Clarke Analogy (../news/2005.html).

evay
01-03-2005, 02:00 PM
thanks for the link, doll, although there's no hyphen in my URL. But it looks like you took the New Year's Resolutions (http://www.triphammered.com/Extras/resolutions.shtml) to heart! :mrgreen:

"This site is my hobby and not my job" is a very healthy attitude, and I applaud you for it. Looking forward to more wonderful material AND looking forward to you not stressing yourself over providing it.

Gatac
01-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Yay for Zeke.

On the off-chance that this will derail the thread (God, I hope it doesn't...) - do you have any plans to get TripHammered a forum of it's own, evay?

Gatac

evay
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
On the off-chance that this will derail the thread (God, I hope it doesn't...) - do you have any plans to get TripHammered a forum of it's own, evay?
is that subtle hint that I should shut up and quit pluggin' my site here so often? :mrgreen: If you mean do I plan to have this kind of BBS on TripHammered, no, I don't. Between the (lack of) programming knowledge and the time it would require to moderate, it's not on the table. If someone at 5MV or HoT wants to carve out a piece of their space and designate it for that discussion, that's not up to me. But I thank you for the interest! how flattering.

Xeroc
01-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I can't wait for all those events! :D

But don't stress over it, Zeke. :)

Ginga
01-04-2005, 04:09 AM
I can't wait for all those events! :D

But don't stress over it, Zeke. :)

Yes, yes, please don't. I'm on a stress road right now, in fact, and it's not pleasant. You just take all the time you need.

Besides, I won't even have any time to read anything this week. XP

Opium
01-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Yay!

Any update is a good update. Unless it has programming errors and cannot be accessed. But then it's the thought that counts.

Standback
01-04-2005, 11:59 AM
As always, Zeke, you've got the full understanding, support and thanks of your loyal readers. You've built a great site, with a steady supply of fresh, funny material, and a great group of regular writers and community-members. Avoiding stress and not feeling the need to apoligize for the fact that Real Life tends to happen will only make 5MV more perfect than it already is.

Yay Zeke! :D

Opium
01-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I stand behind what Standback said, as she said it better than I did. :P

Gatac
01-04-2005, 04:03 PM
evay: Yes, that was meant in the "please get a discussion forum dedicated to TripHammered going" sense. I understand the administration trouble, but if it's too much for you, I recommend EzBoard. Relatively quick to setup, and they do the hosting...granted, somewhat ad-infested, but it works well. Heck, I have a friend with an existing EzBoard we two barely use...if I asked him nicely, I could probably get you a forum there, which would reduce your troubles to occasionally checking the forum and naming a few moderators to keep people in line.

Gatac

evay
01-05-2005, 02:07 AM
you're sweet to think of me, Gatac. :) Good gravy, what would people talk about? I'm not that interesting.

Zeke
01-05-2005, 02:49 AM
(January 4)

I'd just like to take a moment here to congratulate my Net connection on picking exactly the most ironic day to go on the fritz. Kudos!

Anyway, since I missed yesterday, you get two links today. These are two resources we at 5MV have been using of late. First, over at Dan Carlson's Star Trek Minutiae, Literature 329 (http://st-minutiae.com/academy/literature329/index.xhtml) has the scripts for every episode of TNG and DS9! (Also included are the ten Trek films and a few VOY and ENT episodes.) Second, Kira recently discovered a similar archive, The Voyager Transcripts (http://uk.geocities.com/chakoteya/), which covers almost every episode of VOY. These ones are apparently done by hand, making them even more impressive. Of course, they're no substitute for Jim Wright's synopses, but they're arguably more useful for the early episodes (Jim wasn't as wordy back then).

Incidentally, there turned out to be an odd coincidence about the 2005 article. Over at TripHammered (which I mislinked in the article -- it's fixed now), on December 31, evay included me in a list of New Year's resolutions (http://www.triphammered.com/Extras/resolutions.shtml) for the ENT cast. What's odd is that this wasn't the advice I was referring to in the article. I actually meant an email she sent me months ago with a similar recommendation about the daily updates. Well, either way, it's good advice.

Standback
01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
I stand behind what Standback said, as she said it better than I did. :P

You meant 'he'. Right? Of course you did. ;)
And thanks. :)