PDA

View Full Version : And you are...?

Ginga
01-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Opium suggested this over in Person Above You, and I thought, "Wow! That's a great idea! Too many people call me Fuyu."

And so this thread is where everyone should post what name they would prefer to be called. Is it your whole screenname? Part of your screenname? Your real name?

Whatever it is, and if you have a preference, post it and we shall forever call you by that name.

As for me... I know I've said it before, but basically I'd much rather be called "Ginga" than "Fuyu", although it's not something that pisses me off... Nowadays I can go with either, but in my mind I know I'd rather be called Ginga. So, there you go! :P

Hotaru
01-09-2005, 06:55 AM
I like Hotaru, but if it must be shortened I prefer 'Taru.

And yes, I would like the ' in it.

Xeroc
01-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Well, I prefer just to be called Xeroc, which is my screename, but my full name is Xeroc Palloman Aquillion.

Ginga
01-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Maybe we should post our mirror universe identities, too. :lol:

Hotaru
01-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Uratoh? He likes... Enaic Rolias! or Urat'.

Ginga
01-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Agnig Uyuf is sometimes called Otulp Rolias. :o

Sa'ar Chasm
01-09-2005, 07:30 AM
Uratoh? He likes... Enaic Rolias! or Urat'.

Naming yourself after a character who wears a very brief skirt is not helpimg your gender identity crisis. :P

Hotaru
01-09-2005, 07:36 AM
-_-

Nan
01-09-2005, 08:12 AM
He's got a point there.

Zeke
01-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm Zeke, or Colin if you know me in RL. You can't call me Zekey-buns. Only people from Deltachat and selected others get to call me that. If you have to ask, you're not one of them. If you're PHJ, you're also not one of them. If you have to ask PHJ, you have problems.

Who is Sailor Caine?

Sa'ar Chasm
01-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm Zeke, or Colin if you know me in RL.

Or the Easter Bunny.

He doesn't respond to Zeke in RL. Not at first, at least.

KillerGodMan
01-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I like KillerGodMan, as for KGM, well, I tolerate it....

As for my Mirror identity, well... NamDogRellik likes NDR...

If you want something else to call me, there's always Mr Kyle, which (minus the 'mr') is my real name.

richardson
01-09-2005, 01:53 PM
My mirror nick:

LORD EMPEROR RICHARDSON!

My nick here:
(Sorry for the interupption, but this bit of info is classified.)

PointyHairedJedi
01-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm Zeke, or Colin if you know me in RL. You can't call me Zekey-buns. Only people from Deltachat and selected others get to call me that. If you have to ask, you're not one of them. If you're PHJ, you're also not one of them. If you have to ask PHJ, you have problems.
It's odd how I'm always mentioned by name...

Anyway, you can all call me whatever you wish, as long as it's not Shirley. Pointy, PHJ and Jedi are the generally accepted forms, though I've been called Poingy by some. There are even some that call me Oh Bugger It's You Again, though I have no idea why.

stripysox
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Xosypirts. It looks nice but doesn't exactly roll off the tounge.

Actually, I should change my screan name. Stripysox is left over from a momant of despiration.

Ginga
01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Who is Sailor Caine?

That would be Hotaru. :twisted:

Zeke
01-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Or the Easter Bunny.

You're thinking of Bun-Bun. (http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=990701)

admiral sab
01-09-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm Zeke, or Colin if you know me in RL. You can't call me Zekey-buns. Only people from Deltachat and selected others get to call me that. If you have to ask, you're not one of them.

LOL and the rule at Deltachat for calling you Zekey buns is only the females can call you that. So basically two people at Deltachat can't call you Zekey buns and Marc is one of them! ;) Unless this rule has changed?

Oh and you can call me Sab or Sabby. Of course Sabby is only at crunch time.

Draknek
01-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm generally called Draknek, for obvious reasons. Elsewhere, I'm often called D, which is interesting, as Zeke sometimes calls me that. Drak would also be acceptable.

All other names require prior consultation, and possibly a large bag of money.

Nan
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Zekeybuns! Ahh. I'd forgotten that one.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

admiral sab
01-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Nan you have so many nicks I can't remember them all... I'm most fond of Nanners for some reason. ;)

Oh and you're mirror universe name would be the same as it is in non mirror universe. Woah. So which one are you? Mirror or non mirror? ;)

ijdgaf
01-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I read my name as "Eye Jay Dee Gaf"

Apparently, Zeke and others say "Idjid Gaf" (rhyming with "frigid").

Not that it really matters anyway. It's what I get for picking such a terrible name.

Nan
01-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Nan is a constant in all universes. ;)

Zeke
01-10-2005, 02:16 AM

Except Kira. She's a maverick, that one.

Kira
01-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, that's right. I'm a rebel because I agree with the guy whose name it is. ;)

Ginga
01-10-2005, 02:43 AM

:o I say it that way, too! XD

Oh and you're mirror universe name would be the same as it is in non mirror universe. Woah. So which one are you? Mirror or non mirror?

:o Uh-oh. :P

And I always thought Zeke was pronounced "Zeekie"... until Lexy told me it was more like, "ZEEEEEEEEEEEK!", just like that. :P

KillerGodMan
01-10-2005, 02:56 AM

Not that it really matters anyway. It's what I get for picking such a terrible name.

I say it that way, but when ever I think it, I think it as what the name means, which I don't think I'm allowed to say...

Nan
01-10-2005, 04:15 AM
I Just Don't Give A Frell? :D

Ginga
01-10-2005, 05:13 AM

I say it that way, but when ever I think it, I think it as what the name means, which I don't think I'm allowed to say...

Which reminds me of my question of "Can we say 'the f-word' on the boards?" O_o

If any of you read my Livejournal, you know I say it... a lot. :lol:

Sa'ar Chasm
01-10-2005, 05:39 AM
I Just Don't Give A Frell?

It Just Doesn't Get Any Funnier.

mudshark
01-10-2005, 05:39 AM
I read my name as "Eye Jay Dee Gaf" .S'how I always read it.

MaverickZer0
01-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Let's see....'Maverick' is acceptable, or Mav, if you don't feel like typing it out. If I'm in chat then generally 'Blues' is the best thing to call me, although I don't mind that anywhere.

Calling me Zero results in near-instant or painful death, my choice, if you knew beforehand not to call me that.

My mirror-universe identity is actually Darkloid_Blues, who will answer to his full name or just DB, but calling him Blues is the same as calling me Zero. And he doesn't care whether you knew or not.

PointyHairedJedi
01-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I always think of it as Eye Jay Dee Gaf too, although sometimes I say Gaffster.

Nan
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I Just Don't Give A Frell?

It Just Doesn't Get Any Funnier.

I'm Joking, Don't Get All Furious!

Opium
01-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I think Opium is short enough... otherwise it is "O" or "Ium", and that just gets confusing...what are mirror universe names? I wanna know! :P

Would mine have to be Muipo? Or something else?

Hotaru
01-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes Opium, your mirror universe name is generally your name reveresed.

NeoMatrix
01-10-2005, 08:48 PM
You can call me Neo or NeoMatrix. If in that other place, call me Oen or XirtamOen

Alexia
01-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Hmm...Aixela...
That's pretty cool :wink:

Call me Alexia, or Lexy, or whatever :wink: Neither are my real name, which ironically I couldn't use on the board anyway as it's already in use as a screen name :wink:

Katy Jane
01-11-2005, 03:58 AM
...by me ;)

Incidently, I answer to KatyJane, KJ, or Katy... But not Kat! Never Kat! (not that anyone here has ever called me that. (Well NAH called me it once, but I forgave him ;))) *Idly wonders if NAH even remembers that ;)*

I suppose my mirrior universe name would be Ytak Enaj.... Thats just weird :lol:

admiral sab
01-12-2005, 12:26 AM
My mirror universe name is Sav. It's actually my evil twin's name.

Yep it's one of those had to be there things. ;)

Zeke
01-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Nan is a constant in all universes. ;)

Whatever happened to Ana?

Chancellor Valium
01-12-2005, 12:45 PM
My mirror universe name is Sav. It's actually my evil twin's name.

NOOOOOOOOO! NOT A "HAD TO BE THERE THING!"
I had an evil twin... His name was Chancellor Caligula. Then I killed him, and he jumped into my mind *twitch, twitch*.
I don't particularly mind Chancellor, or Valium. Val is out.
Oh, and I have two mirror universe me's (yes, I am schizophrenic in the mirror universe too!)Chancellor Muilav, and the other is Chancellor Caligula (in mirrorland, both are evil....).
Alas, though, I fear richardson's mirror, nosdrachir, may actually count as intelligent life :mrgreen:

Nan
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Whatever happened to Ana?

Evil overlord rule #3, with appropriate change to gender.

Opium
01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I guess I could also be

Opium, Herione of Laudanum

Munandual Fo Enoireh Muipo

Chancellor Valium
01-14-2005, 09:36 AM
That sounds kinda Japanese....

Gatac
01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
In another time, another forum, an obsessed forumgoer and a phonetically similar admin who happened to have a similar posting style were rumored to be, in fact, one and the same person. Most took it as joke, but in an alternate universe, this is actually true...

Gaistac shall rule.

Gatac

Opium
01-14-2005, 08:08 PM
In another time, another forum, an obsessed forumgoer and a phonetically similar admin who happened to have a similar posting style were rumored to be, in fact, one and the same person. Most took it as joke, but in an alternate universe, this is actually true...

Gaistac shall rule.

Gatac

Hmmm...would I not perhaps be treading on bringing up a debate, I would ask...where did that come from? :wink:

Gatac
01-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, the admin in question was going by the handle of Gaist. Due to my particularly tenacious participation in the forum, being nice to the newbies and always having something interesting or funny to say, I was voted into office as moderator. Since I was on good terms with the whole administrative team and had been around since, well, forever on that forum, I was often privvy to some of the things going on behind the curtains. Well, with me working this closely with the team, some people began to suspect that I was actually a teammember in disguise. Due to the similarity of our names, Gaist was the first suspect, and we two kinda rolled with it and came up with Gaistac, the evil alternate-universe us who gets his kicks out of pretending to be helpful and friendly in one account while being teasing and mysterious in the other.

There you have it.

Gatac

Chancellor Valium
01-14-2005, 09:11 PM
*arches eyebrow* Fascinating :mrgreen:

KillerGodMan
01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Okay, I'm changing my thinking now, I wish to be refered to as KillerGodMan or KGMan, I'm finding KGM kinda annoying now...

Opium
01-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Oo, Gatac, part forum political intrigue!

NeoMatrix
01-15-2005, 12:38 AM
How about KillerGM?

KillerGodMan
01-15-2005, 12:47 AM
How about KillerGM?

OOO! I like that!

Ginga
01-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Okay, I'm changing my thinking now, I wish to be refered to as KillerGodMan or KGMan, I'm finding KGM kinda annoying now...

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO TYPE EXTRA LETTERS NOW!?

DX

Katy Jane
01-15-2005, 02:02 AM

DX

I have decided that I will answer to and only to Lady Katy Jane :p ;)

Ginga
01-15-2005, 02:06 AM

DX

I have decided that I will answer to and only to Lady Katy Jane :p ;)

:o

Fine.

You'll all have to call me Fuyu Ginga-sama, Your Supreme Ruler and Almighty Janewayite.

:[

Katy Jane
01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Ok, Fuyu Ginga-sama, My Supreme Ruler and Almighty Janewayite. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/katyjane/emoticons/notworthy.gif

Ginga
01-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Ok, Fuyu Ginga-sama, My Supreme Ruler and Almighty Janewayite. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/katyjane/emoticons/notworthy.gif

Oh, Lady Katy Jane. :roll:

KillerGodMan
01-15-2005, 03:45 AM

DX

Could be worse, I could demand my full title;

KillerGodMan, Ruler of DVD's, Harry Potter fanfiction reader, and general Alan Rickman fan

Chancellor Valium
01-15-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm lazy. I refuse to. And anyhow, you mentioned the Unmentionable Thing :P
Besides, to give you my full title, would be:
Xi-Gamma Valium, High Chancellor of the Morphine Party, Lord Sarcy Comment-maker (wait, nope. Sorry, that one's Sa'ar's :P ),Shadow Lord Minister of Crazy Rhythm, Keeper of the Silly and Endless Artifacts of Rassilon, protector of Gallifrey, and Chancellor of EVERY-BLOODY-THING! Ahem. Sorry, that should read Chancellor of Gallifrey, the High Supreme and Ridiculously Snobby Council Of Time Lords, and Raving Grandiloquent Bombast to 5MV :mrgreen:

Mj
01-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Uhm, I would be jM :?

And Mj dont really neeeed shortening! (unless your so lazy you just wanna call me M)

Chancellor Valium
01-15-2005, 12:31 PM
lol!

MaverickZer0
01-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Why not? After all, I call Xeroc X, I've called Draknek D, and on some occasions Zeke has been known as Z.
I'm lazy. Also, it started with calling Xeroc X, although very few people will get that joke.

Also, my mirror-universe keeps poking me and saying that he could also be called Blues-sama, so I guess he has other ideas too. But if he thinks for a second I'm calling him 'Master'...

Oh, and as for me...san wa iranai. No titles, please.

Michiel
01-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Call me Michiel. It's my name. I would answer to M, but, well... there are so many other M's.

My mirror-universe counterpart has a name unpronouncable by mortals.

Chancellor Valium
01-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Indeed! Only us higher beings can do that, eh? :mrgreen: :P :D :) :wink: :lol:

Katy Jane
01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I've decided that my Mirror universe name is actualy Anirtak 8)

MaverickZer0
01-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Harpuia (who only a few people know from the chat, as he doesn't have internet) has informed me to post his reply on this thread, probably because he's too lazy to sign up for an account and use it at school.

So apparently, no abbreviations are allowed. Whatever his SN is, you call him. However, I have several nicknames you might like to use.

Harp, or Harpy, are obvious. I'll sometimes call him Harpy-chan (or Forte-chan if he uses that SN) but that's only if you really want to bug him.
His Mirror-Universe counterpart (he gave me a weird look when I asked him about this one) is Darkloid_Proto, an extremely obscure reference. I barely get it, and I wrote the freaking story it's from.

Michiel, I'm not mortal, I'm a robot. I might be able to pronounce it, if these human keyboards have the correct letters for it.

Rayinne
01-17-2005, 10:49 PM
No abbreviations, no titles, no Japanese suffixes. Just Rayinne. Any other name would annoy me. Especially the use of just the first syllable. And annoying me has a 1% chance of drawing the wrath of She Who Watches Through Atmospheric Standing Waves.

Chancellor Valium
01-19-2005, 02:30 PM
How about "Ray-Ray-buns" :twisted:, or, or *cowers under threat of lukewarm tea* okay, I'll shut up now :D

PointyHairedJedi
01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Ah, we're talking AU now, yes? Well, there's Sithbert, who uses an avatar of the Pointy-Haired Boss, and JHP. As it happens though JHP is actually just a PHJ who looked in a mirror for too long.

Also, I believe were I to have a title, it would be something like Annoying Bastard in Chief.

catalina_marina
01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Call me cat, catalina, or catalina marina. I don't care about the underscore, but make sure you get no capital letters in the full name. ;) This is ancient and outdated for me, but it's in my name, so you'll have to go with it.

I've heard anirama_anilatac is Good. Imagine that. :roll:

I call you IJd Gaf. :D

Sa'ar Chasm
01-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey look, the cat came back <g>

I call you IJd Gaf.

True, you're one of the few people who can actually pronounce that.

Chancellor Valium
01-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey look, the cat came back <g>
^And look what the cat dragged in :mrgreen:
Sorry, I'm just a sucker for puns :D

KillerGodMan
01-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Indeed! Only us higher beings can do that, eh? :mrgreen: :P :D :) :wink: :lol:

Um, Valium... I can pronounce Muilav, concidering that because of the way it's spelled, it's pronounceation is Moo-e-lav...

But, if it IS hard to pronounce, I can still pronounce it, so HAH! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chancellor Valium
01-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I was talking about Michiel's mirror universe name, bonehead! :D

Rayinne
01-26-2005, 01:40 AM
My mirror universe counterpart? I don't have a mirror universe counterpart. What do you mean, denial? I sincerely mean it! No Enniyar! Why? That entity's dead. And not in the eternal ghost deity style, either. DEAD dead.

!h'oD...daeh s'em rehto eht htiw ot tsuj enniyaR kraD sa ytilaer siht ni flesym gnitsefinam eb dluoc I rO

KillerGodMan
01-26-2005, 03:40 AM
I was talking about Michiel's mirror universe name, bonehead! :D

I can pronounce that too, it's not that hard, in fact, if I had a microphone, I'd prove it

Nan
01-26-2005, 06:53 AM
What are you guys, like, ten? ;)

Chancellor Valium
01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Me? Close. Senile :wink:

JobeGDG
01-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Any version of my screen name works for me... including GDG, which would make my mirror universe name GDG.

You may also address me as:

A Man A Plan A Canal Panama

Sa'ar Chasm
01-28-2005, 06:40 AM
You're Groupe Discussion Group?

(Or possibly Group Discussion Groupe...I was never able to get that straight)

Alexia
01-28-2005, 08:11 AM
And Mj dont really neeeed shortening! (unless your so lazy you just wanna call me M)

You really haven't been at this board long have you? :wink:

MaverickZer0
02-01-2005, 01:23 AM
You're Groupe Discussion Group?

(Or possibly Group Discussion Groupe...I was never able to get that straight)

It's the first one (I think...)

Lazy people? Such as me? I'm not sure about where any of the other letter nicknames started, but I was calling Xeroc 'X' since pretty much when I met him. Of course, that's also another joke hardly anyone will get...

AKAArzosah
02-01-2005, 08:35 AM
I prefer my full screen name, though i also rather like 'Azza', something someone called me after i think they read it wrong, i can't remember who that was.

My mirror universe persona, hasozra, prefers to be called 'hasso', though i don't know why. Maybe cause it sounds like hassle.

PS: I say 'Idgd Gaf', so that's it's just like two words, not letters and a word.

Vedra
02-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, everyone knows I want to be called Vedra...in fact, that wasn't even my original idea, everyone does it naturally. It's grown on me, like a benign species of mold.

KillerGodMan
02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, everyone knows I want to be called Vedra...in fact, that wasn't even my original idea, everyone does it naturally. It's grown on me, like a benign species of mold.

One thing I don't get is what the 'Tarn' part of the name means... what does it mean?

Vedra
02-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Tarn-Vedra is the name of the Vedran home star system on Andromeda.

KillerGodMan
02-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Ah

Me = Just started watching Andromeda on a regular basis

MmeBlueberry
02-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I can be MmeBlueberry, or MmeBlue, or Blueberry, or Madame Blueberry, or pretty much any other variation on my screen name, with or without capital letters. I can also be Amanda, or (if you know me IRL and are under the age of 18 and are not my little sister) Mrs. Dean. I am NOT "Miss Amanda."

Mirror universe...YrrebeulbEmm. Or just EulbEmm. I think she prefers the latter.