PDA

View Full Version : The Archaic Construction Game!

Chancellor Valium
01-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I have created for myself (Middle) this thread, that we might (Conditional/Subjunctive (?)) Practice in itself, forms of language which by this time are considered to be archaic.
Most cases can just be used as usual, however some do need to have themselves displayed in brackets afterwords. These are:

Middle
Subjunctive
Optative
Future Perfect
Past Participle(s) (please state which participle in such a case)

Points are awarded like this
V for an unusual preposition (such as "so that we might", or even "on account of")
VI for each roman numeral, (or if possible, greek numeral) used instead of an arabic number.
X for a past participle
XX for a future perfect,
XXX for a passive,
L for a Subjunctive,
C for a Middle,
D for an Optative
No points for incorrectly used/identified parts of speech/tenses
All other parts of speech/tenses get a score of VIII points each.
The winner is the person having the most points when this game has come unto a close :wink:

Celeste
01-30-2005, 02:50 AM
And when do we decide the game is closed. From looking at the other threads in this forum, these games seem to go on and on my friend. Some people startted typing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue typing it forever just because this is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started typing it not knowing what it --- AUGH!

Chancellor Valium
01-30-2005, 10:35 AM
The game ends when we reach MMMM points. :wink:

Xeroc
01-30-2005, 06:57 PM
The game ends when we reach MMMM points. :wink:
MMMM.... Points....

Well, here's an easy one:
Super Bowl XXXIX

And a not-so easy one:
Present Perfect Future Passive Progressive - "I have not yet been being run" or "I am going to be being run"

And here's one using words as prepositions you might not think of prepositions:
The ball round the house went unlike the brick via momentum within the air save the smoke and crashed against the window plus the lamp off the box.

KillerGodMan
01-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Um... I don't get it, so I'm going to lurk until I figure it out...

Chancellor Valium
01-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Xeroc (Vocative), that sentence is ugly and purposefully has been constructed by you for yourself (Middle) around such prepositions.
Put your score at the end of your post, so that we might (V) know each person's score without the need for us to count up the score for ourselves (Middle - C)
Final Score: CCXXI
EDIT: Quoting the Odyssey/Iliad/Aeneid/Metamorphoses/Letters of Pliny/Telemachion/Major work of greco-roman classical literature/Book of the dead/Book of the star's creation/Precepts of Ptah-hotep is punishable by losing upto 1000 points.

Chancellor Valium
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I think for myself (Middle) that this thread has been abandoned. O, if that we might resurrect it! (Optative). I think others to be not able to understand this game from my explanations.......

Score for this post: DC (600)
Previous post score: CCXXI (221)
Final Score: DCCCXXI (821)