PDA

View Full Version : LJ Update

NeoMatrix
02-16-2005, 03:19 AM
I have been working on my site and decided to put down everyone's LJ.

Who has an LJ?

These are the ones I have:

NeoMatrix - TayBar19
Zeke - commodore_zeke
admiral sab - admiral_sab
Arzosah - aka_arzosah
Alexia - alexia47
catalina_marina - catalina_marina
taya17 - deadspeaker
Draknak - draknek
Opium - f_f_opium
Fuyu Ginga - fuyu_ginga
Gatac - gatac
KillerGodMan - kile_b
Katy Jane - ladykatyjane
nahtmmm - nahtmmm
Nic Corelli - nic_corelli
pkyyr - pkyyr
PointyHairedJedi - pointyhairdone
Tarn Vedra - rahxephon231
Scooter - scootermark
Chaud Blaze - shadowsquall
Chancellor Valium - valium42
Nan - winterbourne
Hotaru - chakotey
? - hotel_faction
stripysox - stripysox

If you don't have one, well get one!

Sa'ar Chasm
02-16-2005, 03:40 AM

We've been down this road before. :P

Hotaru
02-16-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm Chakotey~

and this does seem really familiar.

Ginga
02-16-2005, 04:03 AM

We've been down this road before. :P

But we're going down this road with Xeroc! :P

MaverickZer0
02-16-2005, 04:56 AM
I used to have one. I don't really care about it anymore.

Because they are evil. And I shall never remember the password to mine.

Opium
02-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Oh no! My lj disguise of putting "f_f_" in front of my name has been figured out!

D'oh!

:twisted:

richardson
02-16-2005, 09:24 PM
richardson1712 is my main LJ

But, I'm into wierd stuff, stuff that makes Five Minute Voyager look normal. Really.

PointyHairedJedi
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I plan at some point to hit mine over the ehad with a shovel and bury it under the patio, but knowing my luck it will come back as a zombie. Though goodness knows what a zombie LJ looks like.

Xeroc
02-17-2005, 03:29 AM
But we're going down this road with Xeroc! :P
You know I'm too busy to have one! :P*

I plan at some point to hit mine over the ehad with a shovel and bury it under the patio, but knowing my luck it will come back as a zombie. Though goodness knows what a zombie LJ looks like.
It's an UDJ!**

*Although, I have been thinking about it....

**Un-Dead Journal

Ginga
02-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Xeroc, I had a dream last night that you got an LJ.

Come on. Don't let the dream die. :'(

(I know my Livejournal is screwed up, everyone. I'm fixing it as we speak. :P)

Hotaru
02-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Fix it faster!

Chancellor Valium
02-17-2005, 01:02 PM

E-HAD! He's serious!

stripysox
02-17-2005, 02:16 PM
My Lj is stripysox, same as my screan name.

Its not all that interesting but feel free to visit.

PointyHairedJedi
02-17-2005, 11:32 PM
E-HAD! He's serious!
Very, very, very occasionally. The trick is guessing when.

As to wether you're right this time... well, who knows? Obviously I do, but I'm not telling. ;)

MaverickZer0
02-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah. You guys made me just update mine.

I'll never tell you its name! Never!

Rayinne
02-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Here's a very specific clue - I'm one of only two people who use this name, and 99% of the time I'm the first one to it in a specific place.

Katy Jane
02-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Yay, theres people on there i don't have yet. New friends, hurray

and i have a pretty good idea who hotel_faction is, but i'm not saying anything ;)

Chancellor Valium
02-20-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't have any idea, and I'm not telling.
:P :P :P :D :D :mrgreen:

stripysox
02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Neo, I only just noticed that I am at the bottom of you list? Was I there all along?

Meh, sorry for posting, LOL

NeoMatrix
02-21-2005, 03:14 AM
No, I edited it with your name

Draknek
02-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Who's this Draknak bloke, and why has he stolen my journal? ;)

I think I've found an elitist secret livejournal hideout for the wicked and criminally insane (http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=forumgoers).

Chancellor Valium
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
......It might be, if it wasn't deleted :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
02-22-2005, 11:47 PM
and i have a pretty good idea who hotel_faction is, but i'm not saying anything ;)
Strangely, it's Nan's fault. Most things you can blame on either Bill Gates or gravity, but not this one.

tlhInganHom
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Mine's http://www.livejournal.com/~tlhinganhom

Zeke
04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey, it's you! Your site has made many appearances in our hitcounter referrals. Thanks for the link and welcome to the 5MV Forums!

So what do we call you, anyway? Hal? Mara? tlhInganHom? She of the Cute Retro-TNG Avatar? And what in the seven Gre'thors is going on with that baby?

Ginga
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
And what in the seven Gre'thors is going on with that baby?

I concur.

I think we can officially call Zeke the Stalker By Hitcounter. D:

Anonymous
04-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Hah. My reputation precedes me. I certainly wasn't expecting that.

I really only use Mara among the Klingon fangroups, and "She of the Cute Retro-TNG Avatar" is far too cumbersome. Hal is my real name, but tlhInganHom works too, so long as you don't spell it wrong (and that means capitalizing the right letters! http://www.halspages.com/smileys/wink.gif)

Just about everybody always calls me Hal anyway. Oh, and glad to be here! http://www.halspages.com/smileys/yum.gif

tlhInganHom
04-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Damn it all, that was me.

I didn't know phpBB has a guest feature! (Or is it a hack?) Nifty!

Xeroc
04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the fora tlhInganHom! :D

KillerGodMan
04-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes, welcome, Pie for all!

Ginga
04-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Yes, welcome, Pie for all!

*concurage*

Zeke
04-10-2005, 11:48 PM
I didn't know phpBB has a guest feature! (Or is it a hack?) Nifty!

That's the one feature I've always refused to compromise on, no matter what forum software we use. I've never liked forums that won't let you post at all without going whole hog and signing up as a member. There's no need for an online forum to be so official. It's a difference of philosophy -- some people see their forums like a club, I see mine like a water cooler chat. People come and go according to their own schedules, and if you have something to add to the conversation, you don't have to sign a form or pass a drug test, you can just say it.

That said, I do get why most forum admins prefer all posters to be registered. I don't like such policies, but I don't loathe them either. The loathing comes in when I encounter a forum whose threads and posts are SO SACRED that the admins dare not let the heathen unregistereds even READ them. No, it's far too dangerous to let just anybody read the contents of your forum. Only those who have proven themselves trustworthy by supplying a working email address and being able to type the same password twice may be safely permitted to gaze upon the golden words within.

Wowbagger
04-11-2005, 12:02 AM
I would get an LJ... except... no one would care enough about my life! *sob*

Zeke
04-11-2005, 12:15 AM
So? Don't be fooled by the propaganda. No one cares about any LJer's life. That's why blogs of the "Today I petted a cat" variety don't often hit the big time.

If you have something interesting to say, however, a blog is a relatively simple and efficient way to do so. And if you don't care too much about hitting the big time, it can be a lot of fun. (Why should you care about that, anyway? Hitting the big time on the internet is like winning 28 dollars in the lottery.)

tlhInganHom
04-11-2005, 01:33 AM
That's the one feature I've always refused to compromise on, no matter what forum software we use. I've never liked forums that won't let you post at all without going whole hog and signing up as a member.

I agree. That is why I went with minibb for mine (http://www.halspages.com/forum). I like that anyone can come in and make a post, without even having to register an account.

Anyway, this is the first instance where I've seen a phpBB board with a guest feature. I just thought it was neat.

Wowbagger
04-11-2005, 02:58 AM
So? Don't be fooled by the propaganda. No one cares about any LJer's life. That's why blogs of the "Today I petted a cat" variety don't often hit the big time.

If you have something interesting to say, however, a blog is a relatively simple and efficient way to do so. And if you don't care too much about hitting the big time, it can be a lot of fun. (Why should you care about that, anyway? Hitting the big time on the internet is like winning 28 dollars in the lottery.)

Dude. You just BLEW MY MIND! I'll bet it was the Illuminati Jews from the Center of the Earth who started this whole LJ fad... wasn't it!

PointyHairedJedi
04-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Hitting the big time on the internet is like winning 28 dollars in the lottery.)
Ah, you're just bitter because you've already had your 0.4166 minutes of fame.

NAHTMMM
04-14-2005, 03:37 AM
You sure that isn't 1.25 minutes? ;)

Scooter
04-14-2005, 04:17 AM
"In the future everyone will be famous for the duration of one surprise home remodeling and/or one abusive fashion makeover." - Andy Warhol

Zeke
04-14-2005, 06:06 AM
You sure that isn't 1.25 minutes? ;)

Both figures are correct. PHJ based his on the phrase "five minutes of fame," while you used 15.

Forget the math, though. If I'm going to have any time interval of fame, it's darn well going to be five minutes. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm no more than 60 seconds in.

Alexia
04-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Forget the math

Ah, if only more people said that...then I could have quit math when I wanted to...in 1st grade :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
04-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Forget the math, though.
Way, waaay ahead of you there, Zeke. So far ahead that you couldn't even catch up with me in a space shuttle with a tank full of "The Coffee, Black".