PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting back

Anonymous
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
So I haven't been here in at least a year and I want my username back, but I've both forgotten my password and changed my e-mail address. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this sort of conundrum? Or would one of the admins like to maybe lend a helping hand? Obviously I can't use the PMs, but if someone volunteers to help I can e-mail them my old e-mail for confirmation of my identity and my new one so they can send me the password or a new one or something.
Assistance would be appreciated. (I wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't find a technical section, hope this is ok)

Kira
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Zeke's the only one with admin powers as far as I know. If there's no way for you to access your old email address to use the "I forgot my password" link, then he'll have to do something to your account. If nothing else, he can probably delete the old one and allow you to re-register.

Sa'ar Chasm
02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
If you haven't been back since the latest forum wipe, you can probably just make a new account, since all the old ones were lost.

Edit: Or not. I should check facts before posting, not the other way around.

Zeke
02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Or would one of the admins like to maybe lend a helping hand? Obviously I can't use the PMs, but if someone volunteers to help I can e-mail them my old e-mail for confirmation of my identity and my new one so they can send me the password or a new one or something.

No problem. I've reset your password -- drop me an email at zeke@fiveminute.net and I'll tell you what I set it to.

The Squid
02-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks, Zeke! I am now officially back! Let there be pie for all those so inclined to celebrate!

PointyHairedJedi
02-17-2005, 11:22 PM
General huzzah-ness!

Zeke
02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Welcome back, Squidler! I've still got your old avatar (../images/squidavatar.gif) if you want to use it, but you'll need to shrink it to within 100x100, since phpBB doesn't seem to do that automatically.