PDA

View Full Version : February 24

Kira
02-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Today's pair of season three fivers to continue our Kirkathon come from my other two commrades in arms: Derek Dean's treatment of "Plato's Stepchildren (../startrek/fiver.php?ep=platosstepchildren)" and Marc Richard's take on "Wink of an Eye (../startrek/fiver.php?ep=winkofaneye)."

Xeroc
02-25-2005, 04:50 AM
McCoy: Agreed. Bottled water is the only thing they should ever trust completely.
Spock: Bottled water is not necessarily superior to the native product, Doctor. For instance, have you ever noted that "Evian" is "naive" spelled backwards?
Heheheh

Yeoman: Would you allsso lliikke aaa dddooouuugggg-hhhhh-nnnnn-uuuutttttttt....
Kirk: Sheesh, talk about slow service.
Kirk: Wow. I've been on some serious caffeine buzzes before, but this one is ridiculous.
Great Caffeination jokes! :D

McCoy: How's your face?
Kirk: It hurts a little, but not nearly as much as you guys laughing at me slapping myself.
McCoy: Sorry. I guess we were just a little slap happy.
Lol!

Kirk: Thanks for the gifts, but we'll be leaving.
Parmen: Not so fast, we want McCoy to stay, and we'll force you if necessary.
Kirk: And you call yourself a Platonic society?
Parmen: Certainly, we have the most democratic society anywhere.
Kirk: But Plato wrote The Republic.
Hee :D

Great Fivers All! :D :D

mudshark
02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Mr. Big's Shadow: Have you killed Moose and Squirrel?
Kirk: Huh?
Alexander: Sorry, wrong 1960s show.
--------------------------
Kirk: Alexander, are you the only non-telekinetic here?
Alexander: Yeah, it sucks. I'm not even better than Philana due to her powers.
Kirk: I bet Chekov would love to meet these telekinetics. I bet he could best her. Heh heh. :D

Elisha?
Yeoman: ...to go with your coff...EEEEK! The Captain! He took a sip from his coffee, he put down his cup, I offered him a doughnut and then he disappeared!
Spock: Fascinating. We must take the Captain's coffee to the medical lab immediately and have Doctor McCoy analyze it.
Yeoman: What about the doughnuts?
Spock: You are correct, Yeoman -- we must not overlook any potential clue in our investigation. Give me the doughnuts and I shall personally check them out.
-------------------------
McCoy: See these test results? The captain's coffee contains the same substance as the samples of Scalosian water we brought back.
Spock: Can you determine the nature of this substance?
McCoy: Based on my preliminary analysis, I'd say "caffeine on steroids" would be a pretty good description. And again, heh heh. :D

Nice job, guys.

Derek
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Deela: Hello breakfast!
Heh. I can't read that line without thinking of a Looney Toon where Sylvester says that to Tweety.

Great fiver, Marc.

Derek
02-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Elisha?
That's a biblical reference. Elisha wanted double Elijah's power, so when Kirk said he wanted twice Parmen's power, I thought of it.

Marc
02-25-2005, 02:56 PM
>> Heh. I can't read that line without thinking of a Looney Toon where Sylvester says that to Tweety. <<

Good catch!

>> (Hypo floats out of McCoy's hand)
Parmen: Now what do I do with this?
McCoy: I'll tell you where you can stick it.

Parmen: What is your prognosis, doctor?
McCoy: Nice use of Greek, but I'm a doctor, not a fortune teller.

Philana: To you and your fellowship we present gifts.
Kirk: Galadriel you're not.
Philana: Are you sure? We even have our own Hobbit.

Spock: No, Captain. But let's test our powers on these fruits.
(Nothing happens.)
Spock: It appears we are still impotent, Captain.
Kirk: Please, Spock. I've told you to never say that word in front of me. <<

lol! I can see how that last Spock line would have been particularly disturbing to the galaxy's most notorious womanizer....

mudshark
02-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Elisha?
That's a biblical reference. Elisha wanted double Elijah's power, so when Kirk said he wanted twice Parmen's power, I thought of it.Ah, thought it probably was. I just couldn't remember anything at all about Elisha, at the time, and was too tired to look it up.

Got a kick out of the little opening vignette. :D

PointyHairedJedi
02-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Excellent stuff. I'm sure half of the jokes went over my head completely, but since when is that new?

NAHTMMM
02-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Kirk: I bet Chekov would love to meet these telekinetics. I bet he could best her.
OUCH!

Parmen: Watch your tone. If you upset me, I will show my wrath against you.
Kirk: I don't -- wait, against me? Then the episode can still be about me? In that case, you're lame, your hair grows straight up, and you're bloody stupid.
Heheheh, that's Shatner for you I guess ;)...

Alexander: Oh no, the power would destroy me. I don't want it.
Kirk: Wow. Halflings really can resist various forms of evil power. I'm really impressed. It's big of you, Alexander.
McCoy: So does that mean we shouldn't be injected either?
Kirk: What, are you kidding? Shoot me up. I want a double portion of Parmen's powers.
McCoy: Sure thing, Elisha.
Heheh.

Parmen: I realize now that I was wrong and I will never be evil again until you are far, far away.
So true... ;)

Kirk: The stupid fool. I guess we'll have to remind the crew again that they should never drink the water when they're on an alien planet[.]
Or eat the parsnips (or taste the wine ;))

Spock: I would hypothesize that its harmonic frequency modulation is set to reject red-coloured uniforms while permitting other wavelengths to penetrate unimpeded.
LOL! I'm surprised it wasn't set to fry red uniforms ;)

Deela: Are you kidding? I feel humiliated! I tried to seduce you with my charm and sex appeal for my own selfish purposes...and you ended up beating me at my own game!
Kirk: That's why you shouldn't feel bad. You were playing so far out of your league that you never had a chance.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: