PDA

View Full Version : Calvin and Hobbes link

Anonymous
03-11-2005, 02:48 AM
hi all,

congrats! the C&H site is down. I'm guessing that the increased traffic got it pulled, lol.

Universal Syndicate is pretty zealous about keeping unauthorized strips off the net , btw. There was a much nicer site out there before, a real tribute site whose designer put a ton of work into it. The syndicate shut that one down as well.

what can you do? it's a business.

John

Zeke
03-11-2005, 06:52 AM
It's working for me, John -- try changing the ".html" to ".htm". And I doubt that my newspost was responsible for any traffic spike they suffered. It's a nice thought, but a quick Google search reveals that the page has been linked from much bigger sites than my humble abode.

However, the News page does have a respectable clickthrough rate. The incidental link I made to Bryan Lambert's YouAreDumb.net when I borrowed his device of ACTUAL QUOTE TIME brought him about 150 visitors (like me, Bryan's a stat-watcher). And I don't think my link to Enterprise Oddities last year was solely responsible for ivymae's server trouble, but I do think it helped.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Why not pull up a username and make yourself comfortable?

Chancellor Valium
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Pie is available by mail-order :wink:

PointyHairedJedi
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Pi as also available, but you have to ask NAHTMMM about that one special.

Come to think of it, I've not seen much of him or KJ around here of late...

Chancellor Valium
03-11-2005, 09:28 PM
They are around....

NAHTMMM
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Yup, we're around. I'm just trying to focus on my increasingly icky schoolwork a little more these days :)

Katy Jane
03-18-2005, 06:34 AM
I've been... um *gulp* *hides* :wink:

Xeroc
03-19-2005, 05:30 AM
It's working for me, John -- try changing the ".html" to ".htm". And I doubt that my newspost was responsible for any traffic spike they suffered. It's a nice thought, but a quick Google search reveals that the page has been linked from much bigger sites than my humble abode.

However, the News page does have a respectable clickthrough rate. The incidental link I made to Bryan Lambert's YouAreDumb.net when I borrowed his device of ACTUAL QUOTE TIME brought him about 150 visitors (like me, Bryan's a stat-watcher). And I don't think my link to Enterprise Oddities last year was solely responsible for ivymae's server trouble, but I do think it helped.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Why not pull up a username and make yourself comfortable?

Ack! Zeke! It's not working for me either! (It was, and now it isn't)

Has it been pulled, or if not, what do I need to type?

(I tried every concievable [at least I thought] combination of .htm .html and / 's)

NAHTMMM
03-20-2005, 05:44 AM
I think someone said elsewhere that it's been pulled, yes.