PDA

View Full Version : Ah! The glorious forums have returned to us!

Ginga
03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Agh, I nearly died from withdrawl. D:

So, what did we do out in the real world while the forums were down? :wink:

danieldoof
03-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I was totally scared today when I clicked the forum button and there was no forum :shock:

it is like a ritual to check out the new replies......

I tried it several times today and I am happy it is back :!: :!:

what did I do today with the forum being down? I played an easter tournament in volleyball and my team won :D

PointyHairedJedi
03-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I gibbered in the corner for a while and then attempted to hijack Lexy's LJ to help stave off the withdrawal symptoms.

Ginga
03-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Let's see. I...

...didn't go out in the real world.

I made a new icon and worked on a new wallpaper. D:

Opium
03-25-2005, 02:50 AM
I went to classes, and then stayed in bed, because 5MV forums were down and it made me so upset I couldn't get out of bed...

Oh, wait, no, I was in bed because I didn't sleep all night because I had food poisoning a few weeks ago and my stomach still hates me :(

Calamari, from forum's heart, I stab at thee!

NeoMatrix
03-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Well, me and Fuyu had some interesting AIM chats.

Plus, I sat in my room and thought about life after the wedding.

1 more week until I move to my new apartment
2 more months until the wedding, and I actually get furniture in this new apartment

Ginga
03-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Well, me and Fuyu had some interesting AIM chats.

Heck yeah, we did. I discovered that I can answer trivia questions about a certain captain in all of 10 seconds! Literally! :wink:

mudshark
03-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Agh, I nearly died from withdrawl. A potentially fatal Southern accent? :p

Ginga
03-25-2005, 07:24 PM

That went straight over my head. *makes the whoosh motion over head*

:?

Alexia
03-25-2005, 10:30 PM

:?

LMAO! Mudshark, you are evil :wink:

Zeke
03-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Just to explain, the Trek Nation was changing servers a couple of days ago, and they shut down the forum for database reasons. Shouldn't be any trouble now.

PointyHairedJedi
03-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Oh good. I thought you'd accidentally spilt tea on the control panel or something. :P

MaverickZer0
03-27-2005, 01:11 AM
The forums were down?

Man, I missed some stuff while on that road trip.

BTW, what the frell is with the chat Xeroc?

Kira
03-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Oh good. I thought you'd accidentally spilt tea on the control panel or something. :P
TEA?

He's a replicant! Get him!

Zeke
03-27-2005, 03:31 AM
He's a replicant!

No, that was just a rumour. (And the scene with Tarn-Vedra ranting about PHJ's "disappearance" was put in as a red herring.)

PointyHairedJedi
03-27-2005, 01:38 PM
He's a replicant! Get him!
Who, me or Zeke? Or both? Or neither?

Ah, tea, beverage of the gods themselves, not like that disgusting coffee stuff. :P

Celeste
03-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Blech. I don't like either Tea or Coffee. Gimmie hot chocolate any day. ;)

Chancellor Valium
03-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Hmmm........I was away over Easter.....so.....what happened?

NAHTMMM
03-27-2005, 06:07 PM
The forums were down for about a day while the web provider changed servers.

Chancellor Valium
03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh, okay.........thanks......
And Kira - Pointy's not a replicant (whatever you mean by that - some Dune reference?) - he's just British. Or possibly Arthur Dent....

Kira
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
And Kira - Pointy's not a replicant (whatever you mean by that - some Dune reference?) - he's just British. Or possibly Arthur Dent....
::: blinks :::

One, I was talking about Zeke, since he has a notorious and disturbing caffeine habit. Two, it's an "Endgame" reference: specifically, to Jim's review (http://www.reviewboy.com/endgame1.html) of it and fake, misleading rumors about Janeway being replcaced by the Borg that were flying around before it originally aired.

Chancellor Valium
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh.....ok then...... :oops:

PointyHairedJedi
03-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Dune would be Ghola. Repilcants are from Blade Runner (though the term has been used elsewhere).

And yet still I'm not as nerdly as Kira. :P

Kira
03-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Since I understand neither of the references in your explanation... how do you figure that, exactly?

Sa'ar Chasm
03-29-2005, 12:07 AM
You were referring to the DS9 episode Whispers, right?

Xeroc
03-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Let's see, I was out of town the last two days, so I guess I couldn't have seen it anyways. :?

BTW, what the frell is with the chat Xeroc?
Yeah, my internet connection decided to die when I was away out of town. It's fixed now, hopefully this won't happen any more. :evil:

Kira
03-29-2005, 03:49 AM
You were referring to the DS9 episode Whispers, right?
Uh... not that I'm aware of. See second to last post.

You'd think on a site called Five-Minute Voyager, I could get away with one Voyager reference...

Zeke
03-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Hey, I'm sure someone else got it.

::: crickets :::

Anyway, Sa'ar mentioned "Whispers" because the copy of O'Brien in that episode was called a replicant too. The gholas PHJ brought up are sort of a similar concept, but they're more like clones. That's how Duncan Idaho, a character killed off in the first book, is around for the later ones too -- the Tleilaxu keep making gholas of him.

PointyHairedJedi
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Since I understand neither of the references in your explanation... how do you figure that, exactly?
Well, only that you were able to remember a reference like that from one of Jim's reviews. That's the sort of thing that Zeke does. :D

Gholas are somewhat different in that they can be made to remember their past lives. Quite useful, because the Emperor Leto II went through rather a lot of them.

Kira
03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, only that you were able to remember a reference like that from one of Jim's reviews.
Photographic memory. Also, I read the reviews before I had an opportunity to see the episodes, so they tended to stick with me.

NAHTMMM
03-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Anyway, Sa'ar mentioned "Whispers" because the copy of O'Brien in that episode was called a replicant too. The gholas PHJ brought up are sort of a similar concept, but they're more like clones. That's how Duncan Idaho, a character killed off in the first book, is around for the later ones too -- the Tleilaxu keep making gholas of him.

"Duncan Idaho"?

Sounds like Weyoun's as bad at making up aliases as is Ford Prefect ;)

Zeke
03-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah, there are some pretty silly names in Dune. I mean, come on, Beka Valentine? Trance Gemini? Seamus Zelazny Harper? Weird stuff.

At least Duncan's rank wasn't Private.

Scooter
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, there are some pretty silly names in Dune. I mean, come on, Beka Valentine? Trance Gemini? Seamus Zelazny Harper? Weird stuff.

At least Duncan's rank wasn't Private.

Duncan Idaho is right up there with Natty Bumppo for the prize of silliest serious character names in literature.

PointyHairedJedi
03-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Urge to kill.... rising!

:P

mudshark
03-30-2005, 06:27 PM

:?LMAO! Mudshark, you are evil :wink:Ain't I, though? :twisted: