PDA

View Full Version : April Fool!

stripysox
04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
It's April Fools day! Just thought somone should mention that.

Anyone got a good April Fools story?
Know any good or bad online April Fools we should see?

I liked the startrek.com April Fool about the BBC re-making TOS, good picture.

So..erm.. Have a nice day!

Chancellor Valium
04-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Hmmm.............which reminds me, did anyone see the key to Zuke's cell? I can't seem to find it...........

Zeke
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
He's safely locked up. But experience has shown that that doesn't keep strange things from happening at 5MV on April first....

So far, my favourite A1 gag this year is TripHammered (http://www.triphammered.com/index2.shtml)'s.

Kira
04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I pulled the best April Fool's joke ever today. So much so that I forgot to pull a prank here I didn't get around to last year.

My office is U-shaped, with desks around the room, and my friend David is always bragging that his spot, which is hidden by the open door, is the best spot in the room because nobody can tell if he's there, sleeping, or working. So last night, we switched everything in the office to the opposite side of the room, and when I got in this morning I planted my digital camera on a shelf, pointed at the door, and started the video rolling. It was unbelievably awesome because he was in confused shock for like five minutes. And even funnier, he's now the pranking target of the entire building. And still falling for everything.

evay
04-01-2005, 08:53 PM
awww, thanks Zeke. 8) I had way too much fun working on it.

I actually haven't seen much of anything this year. Spamusement has a string of gag banner ads, StarTrek.com has some new and some recycled parodies, Google and Opera have gag press releases... that's about it.

Draknek
04-01-2005, 11:27 PM
For my april fool, I decided to go with the plan of simultaneously annoying people and giving them something they wanted.

On the website (http://www.zelda-infinite.com/), I created an intercept script for all the webpages, so that you have to click twice to get to any page.

I'm more pleased with what I did to the forums (http://forums.zelda-infinite.com/), though. If every post has a random avatar that changes every time you load the topic, you can't recognise the poster from the avatar, which is what most people do. Equally, if you add an extra line at the end of every post, it takes a while before your brain stops processing it as part of the message.

Kira
04-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Slashdot (http://slashdot.org) has a boatload of hilarity, as usual. My favorite so far is the First PC Virus Spreads to Humans (http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/04/01/1425219.shtml?tid=220&tid=218&tid=14), but they're all good.

mudshark
04-02-2005, 01:21 AM
I pulled the best April Fool's joke ever today. So much so that I forgot to pull a prank here I didn't get around to last year.

My office is U-shaped, with desks around the room, and my friend David is always bragging that his spot, which is hidden by the open door, is the best spot in the room because nobody can tell if he's there, sleeping, or working. So last night, we switched everything in the office to the opposite side of the room, and when I got in this morning I planted my digital camera on a shelf, pointed at the door, and started the video rolling. It was unbelievably awesome because he was in confused shock for like five minutes. And even funnier, he's now the pranking target of the entire building. And still falling for everything. :mrgreen:

Lest anyone forget that Kira is evil.

And sneaky. :twisted:

Chancellor Valium
04-02-2005, 02:43 AM
He's safely locked up. But experience has shown that that doesn't keep strange things from happening at 5MV on April first....

Then why do I have a key :?:

Nan
04-02-2005, 06:10 AM
That's not a key, it's a piece of lint!

Hotaru
04-02-2005, 07:07 AM
It's a key to a door made of lint! And as well all know, Zuke is afraid of lint.

MaverickZer0
04-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Damn! I totally forgot April Fools. Which is weird of me, since it's my favorite holiday.

What do you mean it's not a holiday? It should be.

As for my favorite sites, REO didn't do anything, WPP released a special torrent, and MMN has a little spoof about 'Rockman 9'.

I saw TripHammered too. Hee hee.

Chancellor Valium
04-02-2005, 10:29 AM
That's not a key, it's a piece of lint!
No, it's a piece ofo Lindt. Or it was. I've eaten it now. What? I was hungry!

Kira
04-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Lest anyone forget that Kira is evil.

And sneaky. :twisted:

And a dead woman. David's boss (also the father of one of my accomplices) and our director, both of whom were very impressed with our prank and its result, have now told him that he can't let us get away with that sort of thing unanswered. And they're supplying him with ideas. And he knows where we live, where we park, and where our keys usually are while we're at work.

I think I've just opened up a giant can of whoop-ass on myself.

Ginga
04-02-2005, 09:33 PM
I played a prank of my forum which involved taking it offline and claiming that I'd gotten a computer virus which corrupted all my files and everything it was logged into, which included my forum.

I think they all had heart attacks.

EDIT: Yep, they did. I've already been threatened with numerous ass-kickings.

April Fools Day = <3

PointyHairedJedi
04-02-2005, 10:13 PM
And a dead woman. David's boss (also the father of one of my accomplices) and our director, both of whom were very impressed with our prank and its result, have now told him that he can't let us get away with that sort of thing unanswered. And they're supplying him with ideas. And he knows where we live, where we park, and where our keys usually are while we're at work.

I think I've just opened up a giant can of whoop-ass on myself.
Quick, someone has to start following Kira around with a video camera! I'd volunteer myself but the Canadian police are already on the look out for me in three provinces.

Zeke
04-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Quick, someone has to start following Kira around with a video camera!

I did catch her off guard with a camera several times once. Then I lost it. Alas, the photo of her in Kira's Season 7 uniform will never see the light of day.

Kira
04-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Shee-yeah, you wish.

Anyone who knows me knows that I wield the camera. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard "Hey! You better delete that!" while out drinking, I'd be driving a BMW.

Zeke
04-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Hey, the first two sentences were true. And wait -- you have a digital camera? Sweet! I'm so jealous.

mudshark
04-03-2005, 01:49 AM

I think I've just opened up a giant can of whoop-ass on myself.Oh, I don't know. You did say that he was falling for stuff, the whole rest of the day. Even with treacherous advisers, he's still a rank amateur, and will probably be incredibly obvious about his attempts.

On the other hand, doesn't hurt to be careful, at least for the immediate future.

Kira
04-03-2005, 03:52 AM
You did say that he was falling for stuff, the whole rest of the day. Even with treacherous advisers, he's still a rank amateur, and will probably be incredibly obvious about his attempts.

I'm hoping. He fell for a known prankster telling him there was a fire drill but something was wrong with the alarms in our wing. It has happened, but on April Fool's? Come on. The best he could come up with last night was pretending he had the wrong number when he was calling to meet up with us later, so what worries me is the treacherous advisors. I've heard enough of their pranks and ideas (e.g. filling someone's car with packing foamies -- EVIL!) to be worried.

And wait -- you have a digital camera? Sweet! I'm so jealous.

Christmas present. Pentax 5.0 megapixel and I got a 250MB memory card for it that can hold over 1,000 pictures or 45 minutes of video. Mwahaha.

Xeroc
04-03-2005, 04:59 AM
I just want to recommend this link:

Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes Of All Time! (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/top100.html/)

mudshark
04-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I've only scanned thru about half of these, so far; I'll have to come back later, but:
#9: Hotheaded Naked Ice Borers :D :lol: :D

danieldoof
04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
it is too cool :D

One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room

richardson
04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey, a really evil prank is to fill someone's cubical with packing peanuts, or syrafoam kernels! :twisted:

NeoMatrix
04-07-2005, 04:37 AM
Those things are so annoying. It just so happens that I had to deal with them when I got the microwave from my parents today.

PointyHairedJedi
04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
...or syrafoam kernels! :twisted:
Actually, I think you'll find that the proper name is "missing matter".

richardson
04-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Either way those evil little buggers are annoying.

Especially when they start doing that awful screach/squeek noise. :shock: