PDA

View Full Version : April 21

Zeke
04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Update days are here again! The Five-Second Voyager event is over, but you may recall I mentioned that the OC batch wasn't going to be the last one. Indeed it wasn't, for here are two more: Farscape, Season 1 (../farscape/s1.html) and Angel, Season 4 (../angel/s4.html).

The reason for this apparent contradiction is that like Five-Minute Cheese last year, Five-Second Voyager has been so much fun there's no reason not to continue it as an intermittent feature. Whenever I do a fiver for a series I don't normally work with, I find myself wanting to play around with that series more often, but I can't do fivers for all of them; this "five-second" thing is a good compromise. I wanted to hit a couple more of my favourites before moving on, so here they are. (I've also updated the ENT and OC pages with last week's episodes.) Don't be surprised to see more five-seconders eventually.

In other news, I ran a little experiment recently. Read Ringing Pavlov's Bell (../news/pavlov.html) to find out what it was and how it turned out.

(Note to TripHammered readers: the reason the site's been down recently is that the DNS is changing over. evay expects that to be done sometime today. Server issues... can we relate or can we relate?)

Derek
04-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Faith: Hey, the road to Heaven is paved with bad intentions.
Heh. Nice.

I was only able to read about half of Farscape Season 1, since I've only watched that much of it. But I'll read more of it as I watch the episodes

evay
04-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Read Ringing Pavlov's Bell to find out what it was and how it turned out.
Do you know, the only Easter egg I put on my site I actually announced, and in over two years only one person has found it? (We're still having DNS problems so you likely won't get through if you go to look for it now.)

Celeste
04-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Zeke you tricky tricky fish you.

NAHTMMM
04-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Favorite bits from the Farscape stuff:
Matala: No I'm not.
Crichton: You're messing with the flow of time! Wait, you're not what?
Matala: Messing with the flow of time.
Crichton: Okay then. ....Hey!

Crichton: Two, three, five... they're slashing out the prime numbers! They're showing us they're intelligent!
Rygel: Then why are they -- ow! -- making the slashes in my -- ow! -- chest?
Crichton: To show us they're really intelligent.

And from the Angel stuff:
Angelus: Hey, it's Faith! Hey Beast-Boy, why don't you go attack her, with your unguarded back to me?
Beast: Sounds g-- GAK!
The Sun: All right! Time to grill me some vampires!
Faith: Wait a minute. Did you just save the city?
Angelus: Son of a --! I killed a guy! That's supposed to be evil!
Faith: Hey, the road to Heaven is paved with bad intentions.

:mrgreen:

PointyHairedJedi
04-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Haven't read the Angel five-seconders (haven't actually seen any of season 4), but the 'Scape one was brilliant, though you deserve a good Lynching for Five-Second "That Old Black Magic". That joke was just awful. :P

Interesting idea with the article by the way, even if I am now slightly worried that you're secretly programming our minds for your own amusment.

Draknek
04-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Easter eggs are always fun.

Ginga
04-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Awesome, so we're going to see 5SV permanently now? :D

Xeroc
04-22-2005, 04:21 AM
Very cool, Zeke! :D

Wowbagger
04-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Dagnabit, I went to the 5SF page, saw the nuke message, and MISSED PAVLOV there! I wanna two-part fiver!

Very cool, Zeke.

Anonymous
04-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Just when you thought it was safe ... the Five-second Madness continues. :D

In other news, I ran a little experiment recently. Read Ringing Pavlov's Bell (../news/pavlov.html) to find out what it was and how it turned out. I wasn't one of those who responded, but I was wondering what that was about. Heh.

mudshark
04-22-2005, 06:31 AM
Just when you thought it was safe ... the Five-second Madness continues. :D

In other news, I ran a little experiment recently. Read Ringing Pavlov's Bell (../news/pavlov.html) to find out what it was and how it turned out. I wasn't one of those who responded, but I was wondering what that was about. Heh.
Argh. I really don't understand why this keeps happening -- seems to be something to do with the "go to unread" icon (the one next to the thread title).

catalina_marina
04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Woo!

Haven't read Angel yet, but I love the Farscape seconders. :D

Xeroc
04-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Yay! More Fivers! :D

...AND actually act on it rather than writing it off as simple weirdness on my part (which of course it was)...
Nuts, that's what I did! ;)

AKAArzosah
04-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Ovular is kinda difficult to slip into conversation. I can't really be the only one, can I?

catalina_marina
04-23-2005, 11:31 AM
^Nah, I was the first, but I didn't know how to put it in a sentence.

Mind you, Zeke told me about it, so it's not exactly fair. It was funny though. :P

Zeke
04-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Finally! Yes, folks, there's an Easter egg, and "Ovular" was the code word. Well done, Arzosah!

Draknek
04-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Damn it, I thought there'd be one, looked through the three content pages and didn't find anything.

(I did think later, "hey, I should check the news page as well", but I wasn't at the computer and forgot.)

PointyHairedJedi
04-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Finally! Yes, folks, there's an Easter egg, and "Ovular" was the code word. Well done, Arzosah!
Look up aways for a certain captialisation... ;)

Zeke
04-23-2005, 07:58 PM
deserve a good Lynching

-- Son of a bee-yotch! I did miss that! Very sly, Jedi.

(Arzosah, however, is still the first to find this egg unassisted. I let PHJ know there was one because the subject matter is a favourite of his.)

mudshark
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Finally! Yes, folks, there's an Easter egg, and "Ovular" was the code word. Well done, Arzosah!I'm lost. Where was the word "Ovular" to be found, again?

Zeke
04-23-2005, 09:32 PM
In the egg itself. By code word, I didn't mean the word that secretly linked to the egg. "Ovular," posted in the thread or emailed to me, was going to be the signal that someone had found the egg; that way, if no one had done so in a few days, I'd know it was time to tell you guys an egg existed. This is the kind of "response mechanism" I was talking about in the Pavlov article.

MmeBlueberry
04-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Pilot: Moya, tell Crichton I'm not talking to him anymore. (pause) Crichton, Moya says --
Crichton: Yeah, I can guess.
Heh. I laughed a lot (at this one and others). :)

Anonymous
04-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Hooray, it's a Blueberry! Not seen you in a while - how are you? And Mr Blueberry as well, of course. ;)

Sa'ar Chasm
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
The Tallahassee Lassie herself.

MmeBlueberry
04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow, didn't realize I was being missed! I'm doing fine...getting more and more ready for summer break, but doing fine. :)

MaverickZer0
04-26-2005, 12:31 AM
i think I'm one of those people who will poke around the site, go 'oh that's cool, an easter egg' and keep going.

Then when I want to re-find it after I remember I was supposed to give a response I can't remember where it was.

Zeke
04-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I've decided to start posting non-content newsposts in the most recent comment thread, so that people who only check the forums will see them. Ergo....

April 27

Yo. Sorry about the dry spell; there's one biggish update I want to do next and I just can't seem to focus on the stupid thing. There will likely be no update either tomorrow or Friday, because I'll be busy moving my stuff back home to Ottawa for the summer. That's not a guarantee, though. (I guess if anything it would be an anti-guarantee....)

While you're waiting, those of you who are fans of The Ring and/or DC Comics can always check out my latest LJ post (http://www.livejournal.com/users/commodore_zeke/10261.html). And all of you should watch the Serenity trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/). I'm so jealous of Jade, who's actually seen the movie already -- a preview screening, that is.

Sa'ar Chasm
04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
There will likely be no update either tomorrow or Friday, because I'll be busy moving my stuff back home to Ottawa for the summer.

What kind of half-assed Masters program are you in? I'm stuck in the lab all summer.

PointyHairedJedi
04-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Ah yes, but you see, you're special, Sa'ar. ;)

Anyway, of al the things, Zeke! Of all the things you could have tormented me with! At the very least it's going to be days before my computer is usable again, and therefore days before I can check this trailer out. You dastard.

Zeke
04-29-2005, 12:09 AM
What kind of half-assed Masters program are you in?

I'm on leave. It's a long story which I'll tell you later.

Celeste
04-29-2005, 04:41 AM
I know how that goes. ::rolls her eyes::

evay
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
It's my fault the fivers are delayed, actually. I periodically chain Zeke up in my basement, and he has to contact Zuke or Kira to break him out again. It's the only way I can even the playing field between 5MV and TripHammered. Competition is a bitch. 8) (Not to mention that hubby gets a laugh out of Kira sneaking into the house singing the Mission: Impossible theme...)

Zeke
04-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Zuke or Kira? Sorry, evay, but nobody's gonna buy that.

I mean, Zuke rescuing me is one thing. But Kira?

PointyHairedJedi
05-01-2005, 07:34 PM
It isn't actually our Kira though - she of course is back on the Galactica.

evay
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I mean, Zuke rescuing me is one thing. But Kira?
:roll: No, Z, Kira, the redhead with the nose wrinkles and the meaningful earring. Jeez, I didn't feed you that much laudanum.