PDA

View Full Version : June 18

Zeke
06-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Day 4 is upon us, with the following content....
<ul>
DS9's "The Search I (../ds9/fiver.php?ep=thesearch1)" by Marc.
TNG's "Gambit II (../nextgen/fiver.php?ep=gambit2)" by Derek.
And B5's "The Fall of Night (../b5/fiver.php?ep=thefallofnight)," by newly minted section head Sa'ar Chasm.[/list]

Day 5 tomorrow. There's always a Day 5 tomorrow.

(Note: My apologies to all whose browsers were fried by the "Gambit I" link yesterday. It was a PHP problem, since corrected.)

Sa'ar Chasm
06-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Sisko: (over the comm) Hello everyone. I've brought back a little surprise for the Dominion.
O'Brien: Wow. It must be something really hush-hush if you had to deliver it here in a cloaked Federation starship.

*znerk*

Odo: I agree. Who in their right mind would build a ship so packed with weapons that it doesn't have space for proper living quarters?
Bashir: I've been told the design came from a family business that's been submitting proposals to Starfleet for nearly two centuries. I'm sure the current president of Reed Enterprises must be pleased that his company finally made a sale.

I think the Zeke-Reed is more iconic than the real Reed.

T'Rul: Yes we do. The charts show a planet "Aaahhhhh" only five light-years from here on course one-seven-three mark fourteen.

I'm sure there's a story behind that name. Must have died while typing it.

Kira: Instrument? Odo, that's not a tricorder, that's the odometer from the shuttlecraft's instrument panel. Of what possible use....
(Several shapeshifters rise out of the lake and assume humanoid form)
Odo: I rest my case.

*twitch* The puns, the puns...although I guess an odometer could be considered a device to measure Odos.

Worf: The ship is undamaged.
Troi: We couldn't have adapted that quickly.
Data: I guess the knowledge and experience of the human Riker are part of them now. They are so screwed.

*snicker* Poor Riker. The butt of every joke.

Riker: Well, I was supposed to start a mutiny with Galen so I could find out who his supporters are before I kill him.
Picard: Don't worry, I'll tell him for you.

It's like talking to Clark Kent about Superman.

(or Bruce Wayne about Batman, or Matt Murdoch about Daredevil, etc)

Tallera: I'm trying to stop a group of Vulcan isolations who believe in an unorthodox philosophy of FDFC from assembling the Stone of Gol.

*g* We believe they're using finite mathematics.

Worf: Let's bring the shuttle aboard with a tractor beam and search it.
Data: I don't know. We might give the pilot a heart attack or something.
Worf: Yes, but by the terms of the Klingon-Federation Treaty, we are allowed to search and give seizure.

BWAHAHAHA!

Galen: Are you sure it's not just an imbalance of blood and phlegm making you ill?
Baran: Galen, heal thyself.

Well played.

Riker: You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?
Satok: Not a clue.

That makes two of them.

Lennier: Ah. What are you drinking?
Vir: I'm not sure. Something I bought from that Haitian bartender.

If this confused you, don't worry. It confused me too. I'd forgotten what I had in mind when I wrote it.

Also, mmm, mint.

mudshark
06-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Odo: Who in their right mind would build a ship so packed with weapons that it doesn't have space for proper living quarters?
Bashir: I've been told the design came from a family business that's been submitting proposals to Starfleet for nearly two centuries. I'm sure the current president of Reed Enterprises must be pleased that his company finally made a sale. Heh heh.
Dax: (over the comm) It was surprisingly easy to access them. We discovered a file right away that says, "He who is brave and pure of spirit may find the Vorta on the planet of AAAHHHHH!" :D
Odo: I need a shuttlecraft! There's a strange instinct drawing me to the Omarion Nebula and I can't resist it.
Kira: Odo, I know you often swim against the current in matters of station policy, but this is taking the salmon metaphor a bit too far.
Odo: Ask me that after I've spawned, or whatever. Heh heh.

Tallera: I'm actually Vulcan, and I work for Vulcan security. My name is T'Saavik, I mean, T'Pol, no, wait, T'Paal. Yes, that one. Again, heh heh heh heh. :D
Greedo: ZAP!
Riker: Gak!
Galen: Didn't see that one coming. :D
Galen: Riker betrayed us and I'm thinking it's your fault. It's time for a mutiny.
Baran: Actually it's time for you to die. You make me ill.
Galen: Are you sure it's not just an imbalance of blood and phlegm making you ill?
Baran: Galen, heal thyself. Heh heh heh.

Lantz: Why haven't you done your reproductive duty to your species? Don't you like kids?
Ivanova: I adore children...I just couldn't eat a whole one. Hee. That Ivanova
Sheridan: I'm sorry I didn't hand the Narn in the barn over to the bruiser of a cruiser, and I'm sorry it fired the missile with the thistle at the station with the Haitian. Paging Danny Kaye! :D

The reference & allusion density was amazing today. Nice work, all! :D

Chancellor Valium
06-19-2005, 02:22 PM
@Sa'ar: Congrats!

Celeste
06-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Holy Carp. There's been so many updates recently I can't keep up! ::falls over::

Xeroc
06-19-2005, 06:59 PM
:D So great! Y'all're the best! :D

These fivers are great! :D

Chancellor Valium
06-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Holy Carp. There's been so many updates recently I can't keep up! ::falls over::
There's a time and plaice for that sort of thing, y'know......
:mrgreen:

Derek
06-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Sisko: Well done! Reload and target the next ship!
T'Rul: I will gladly do so if you tell me where the reload button is.
Sisko: This is one hell of a time to be pointing out another design flaw, Subcommander!
Nice work as always, Marc.

Lantz: I am Lantzifer, Bringer of Peas.
Visualize Whirrled Peas.

Nice Court Jester reference too. Really worked hard to set it up, didn't you, Sa'ar?

NAHTMMM
06-19-2005, 11:47 PM
O'Brien: The schematics look pretty radical, sir. All I see are lots of heavy weapons and a huge engine. Where are the life-support systems and the Bridge?
Sisko: Like I said, it has a few design flaws....

Odo: I need a shuttlecraft! There's a strange instinct drawing me to the Omarion Nebula and I can't resist it.
Kira: Odo, I know you often swim against the current in matters of station policy, but this is taking the salmon metaphor a bit too far.
Odo: My mind is made up! I'm going, and nothing short of the Defiant being blown apart is going to stop me!
(KABOOM!)
Heheheh. :mrgreen:

Riker: Good. I was really beginning to get sick of the guy. "How does it feel betraying everyone?" "Keep children away from me." "Wax my head." What a jerk.
Baran: In that case, you can kill him.
Riker: Just as soon as I find out what he knows about Picard.

Galen: Cool. The artifact's here in Koral's basketball.
Data: Commander Riker, you're risking charges of theft, piracy, and treason.
Riker: Let me add a few more charges.... from my phaser! Mwahahah --
Greedo: ZAP!
Riker: Gak!
Galen: Didn't see that one coming.
:mrgreen:

Narik: Wow. These Vulcan catacombs sure are in poor condition.
Tallera: Yeah, all we use them for now is spying on the Andorians.
Vekor: Hey, where's our money? We were promised streets of gold.
Tallera: I hear that's what they're paving heaven with these days.

Riker: Like puppies!
(WHIFF!)
Worf: And chili!
(WHIFF!)
Chili Joke: GAK!
:D

Londo: To answer your question, it wasn't an invasion, merely an advance without consent through territory that technically didn't belong to us.
Heheh :D

Keffer: So what can you tell me about this Ghost?
Mitch: It was a weather balloon, OK? Or possibly some swamp gas.
Keffer: Swamp gas in hyperspace? Come on, I need to find this Ghost! It tasks me, it heaps me!
Mitch: "And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it."
Keffer: Geez, what's with all the First Contact quotes today?

Mitch: Okay, Ahab, here's all the data I have on the Ghost. Good hunting. Just remember... Death awaits you! With nasty big pointy teeth!
Keffer: Wait, you never said it had teeth!

Ivanova: Happy non-denominational season-specific gift-giving occasion.
Sheridan: You know, maybe political correctness has gone too far. ...Hey, just what I always wanted: carbon-scored shrapnel with my initials on it.
:D :D

Sheridan: I'm sorry I didn't hand the Narn in the barn over to the bruiser of a cruiser, and I'm sorry it fired the missile with the thistle at the station with the Haitian.
:lol:

Drazi: I still say it was the Angel of Destruction.
Narn: And I still maintain it was the Angel of Poking With The Soft Cushions.
Drazi: What did you see, Ambassador Mollari?
Londo: I saw the Angel of Invisibility. Now leave me alone.
:D

PointyHairedJedi
06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
I laughed, I cried (thanks a bunch, Sa'ar!) - in short, it was an experience. Well, actually, in short it was a fiver, though not shorter than a fiver itself obviously because that would be like a single--

And I'm drifting.

Erm, anyway, good stuff all, and congrats to Sa'ar.

Marc
06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Tallera: You have any problem with me taking the pieces to Vulcan myself?
Galen: Not unless you give yourself away as the villain.
Tallera: Excellent. Mwahahahaha!

Vekor: Hey, where's our money? We were promised streets of gold.
Tallera: I hear that's what they're paving heaven with these days. By the way, DIE!
Vekor: GAK!

And the moral of the story is: Never trust someone whose laugh is more nefarious than yours. ;)

Alexia
06-21-2005, 07:11 AM
G'Kar: Ah, Mr. Lantz. I was hoping I'd be able to speak to you for a mom--
Lantz: I'm very sorry, Citizen G'Kar, but I have another pressing appointment.
G'Kar: An appointment! What is it?
Lantz: It's a meeting between two individuals set up in advance, but that's not important right now.

LMAO unexpected Airplane quotes. Nice :wink:

Chancellor Valium
06-21-2005, 07:46 AM
G'Kar: Ah, Mr. Lantz. I was hoping I'd be able to speak to you for a mom--
Lantz: I'm very sorry, Citizen G'Kar, but I have another pressing appointment.
G'Kar: An appointment! What is it?
Lantz: It's a meeting between two individuals set up in advance, but that's not important right now.

LMAO unexpected Airplane quotes. Nice :wink:

Actually, that might already be a quote.......It's certainly a borrowed joke.......Spike Milligan used it first :wink: :P