PDA

View Full Version : June 21

Zeke
06-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Zeke again, but still pressed for time, so I'll have to be quick. Hopefully I'll have time for a more leisurely update tomorrow. The Day 7 content:
<ul>
Derek concludes one of my favourite DS9 two-parters with "The Die is Cast (../ds9/fiver.php?ep=thedieiscast)."
Scooter gives us his first Smallville fiver: the Season 1 cliffhanger, "Tempest (../smallville/tempest.html)." (Temporary page.)
And the Cliffhangers saga continues with Part 4 (../features/cliffhangers4.html) by yours truly.[/list]

Day 8 tomorrow. (What? Yes, we called this a "Week." What's your point?)

Scooter
06-22-2005, 06:30 AM
Great fiver.

O'Brien: I think I liked you better when I hated you.
Funny and true.

Tain: FIRE!
Lovok: I wonder if there are any implications to yelling fire in a theatre of war.
Tain: It's not crowded.
hee hee

Tain: I need you to torture Odo.
Garak: Aw, do I hafta?
Tain: You used to love torturing people, Garak. What happened?
Garak: I got cursed with a soul.
OMG, I never realized -- Garak is Angel!

Boy, the staff sure are having a bad day, huh? I hope everybody survives next time when everybody dies...

Derek
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Clark: You bet. I've been waiting all year to go the prom with Lana.
Pete: Chloe. You're taking Chloe.

Clark: Every week it's the same. Drive fenceposts, toss hay bales. Drive fenceposts, toss hay bales. Have the writers ever *been* on a farm?
Heh. Great scenes.

Derek
06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Zeke: ....Yes, I think I'll take your advice, Derek. You can be Fred.
Derek: Kill me now.
WHAT? Last time I was Seven, this time I'm Fred, is there something I should be asking myself?

And everybody dies!
Everybody: GAK!
Or so we've made it look for the preview by carefully selecting our clips.
Zeke: Hey, was that Henry P. Everybody who just got shot? Poor guy.
Heh.

Kira
06-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Heeheehee, great fiver Derek.

Garak: Sigh. I guess it's back to the old tailor shop.
Odo: Well, maybe you'll be able to have a fire sale.
Garak: I wonder if it's a bad idea to yell "Fire Sale" in a crowded Promenade.
Is that an Arrested Development reference, or just a coincidence?

Marc
06-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Sisko: I'm going to take the Defiant into the Gamma Quadrant in an effort to save Odo.
Eddington: Uh, Admiral Toddman just told you not to.
Sisko: He only said a futile effort. I'm going to succeed.

I think Sisko would have made a darn good constitutional lawyer.

Derek
06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Is that an Arrested Development reference, or just a coincidence?
Well it must, by necessity, be a coincidence. Though I've thought about watching that show before.

mudshark
06-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Whee! Big fun.
Kira: Admiral Toddman just sent us a message saying that if we go into the Gamma Quadrant we are betraying our oath, our duty, and him.
Sisko: What a load of crap. Like anyone would ever say something so melodramatic. Who, indeed? Heheheh.
Garak: I've come to torture you.
Odo: Uh, you can't torture me, I won't stay solid.
Garak: Don't be so sure about that. I plan to apply lots of pressure.
---------------------
Garak: I'm up to 47 atms at the moment. Sure you don't want to tell me your secret?
Odo: What secret, Lex?
Garak: 48 atms.
Odo: All right! All right! My secret is that I want to return to my people! It crushes me to have to tell you that.
Garak: Nah, it's probably just all the extra pressure.
---------------------
Garak: I wasn't able to get anything from him.
Tain: Come on. He obviously had a secret. You sure you don't have a crush on him?
Garak: Not anymore. I returned his quarters to normal pressure. :mrgreen: :D
Lovok: Don't worry. I'm actually a Founder.
Garak: Aaah! Are you going to kill us?
Lovok: No. Because no Changeling has ever harmed another.
Odo: Why did you say it like that?
Lovok: Seemed important. Hee.

Really nice work, Derek. :D

Nixon: Cool, a spaceship! And there's even a slot for the octagonal paperweight I swiped from Luthor.
Spaceship: Hey, I've been looking for that. Bye now! See you next season!
Nixon: Oops. Heh heh.

Kira: Uh, Zeke... is that a sucking chest wound?
Zeke: Geez! It's not enough to tell me I suck anymore, huh? Even my wounds have to suck now!Heheh.
Zeke: And I'm not just a vampire here, I'm a vampire with a solo.
(Zeke pulls out his clarinet and starts playing. A few moments later, realizing the joke and his notes have fallen flat, he puts it away.) What sort of clarinet solo would a vampire play, anyway? (And don't say "Peg o' My Heart".)
Zeke: Don't worry, you're not him. You're Wesley.
Marc: Oh no! NO!
Zeke: Not your usual Wesley. This one used to be sort of similar, but then he was gradually betrayed by everyone and everything he cared about, leaving him a borderline psychotic.
Marc: Ah. Good.
Derek: (Uh oh. Wait a minute....) :D
Zeke: IJD, you're Gunn, the young, street-smart fighter with a vigilante past.
IJD: If I understand this show correctly, I have a vigilante present too.
Zeke: It's not the same. You used to be a troll; now you're more like a slightly corrupt admin. Heh.
Kira: But which one will it be? WHICH ONE?
Derek: Pause for suspense.
Kira: You're not supposed to actually say that. *snicker*

Good stuff, all.

Ginga
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Hosnap! I didn't see it until today, but I have been cameo-tized... :D

Kira
06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Well it must, by necessity, be a coincidence. Though I've thought about watching that show before.
Ah. I've never heard that phrase before except on AD, so I had to wonder. You should definitely watch it, though -- I just got the S1 DVD a month ago and it's fantastic. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Xeroc
06-23-2005, 04:14 AM
Woo! :D

Great fivers! :D

Sa'ar Chasm
06-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Sisko: I'm going to take the Defiant into the Gamma Quadrant in an effort to save Odo.
Eddington: Uh, Admiral Toddman just told you not to.
Sisko: He only said a futile effort. I'm going to succeed.

Creative order interpretation is a critical skill for field officers.

Dax: The Jem'Hadar ships are still ZOOM ZOOMing.
Sisko: Let's see if we can't put a little BOOM BOOM in their ZOOM ZOOM room.
Dax: I'm going to assume you mean for me to take out their engines.

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Sisko: ...And that's when we decided to stop listening to rock music on rogue missions.
Toddman: (over the comm) It'd be nice to have even a semblance of coherence from you once in a while.

This, however, amuses me. *g*

Kira: Uh, Zeke... is that a sucking chest wound?

Zeke: Geez! It's not enough to tell me I suck anymore, huh? Even my wounds have to suck now!

*g*

Zeke: Not anymore! We're in mine now. And I'm not just a vampire here, I'm a vampire with a solo.

(Zeke pulls out his clarinet and starts playing. A few moments later, realizing the joke and his notes have fallen flat, he puts it away.)

As a brass player, I am duty-bound to mock woodwinds. *ahem* HAW-haw! OK, done. Excellent joke, Zeke.

Zeke: No problem. We'll take a blipvert.

A whatnow?

I assume from Derek's reaction that Fred is a girl. *snicker* Poor Derek. Suddenly Sa'arclay isn't looking so bad.

Ginga: Get out! Quick! It's a trap!

Ackbar Ginga?

Derek: Pause for suspense.

Kira: You're not supposed to actually say that.

<snicker>

Great stuff, all around.

Chancellor Valium
06-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Zeke: Not anymore! We're in mine now. And I'm not just a vampire here, I'm a vampire with a solo.

(Zeke pulls out his clarinet and starts playing. A few moments later, realizing the joke and his notes have fallen flat, he puts it away.)

As a brass player, I am duty-bound to mock woodwinds. *ahem* HAW-haw! OK, done. Excellent joke, Zeke.
[/quote]

You're a brass player? What do you play?
I play the trumpet.....

Sa'ar Chasm
06-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Trombone, in theory. Haven't played much since I got to Ottawa. It's sitting in its case in the corner of my room, gathering dust (but not rust, thankfully).

Chancellor Valium
06-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Trombone, in theory. Haven't played much since I got to Ottawa. It's sitting in its case in the corner of my room, gathering dust (but not rust, thankfully).

Ah! Well now, all we need are a few more people......and there can be a 5-Minute band! Best to go for a jazz one.....marching in step is very difficult.....

mudshark
06-26-2005, 09:28 PM
It is?

I'm cool with jazz, though. 8)

Zeke
06-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Clarinet jazz is badly underrated. I spent two years in CUJO, the Carleton University Jazz Orchestra, with my clarinet. Fun stuff.

Chancellor Valium
06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Clarinet jazz is badly underrated. I spent two years in CUJO, the Carleton University Jazz Orchestra, with my clarinet. Fun stuff.

I agree.....there's some great clarinet jazz music....of which a fine example is "The Mooche" by Duke Ellington.......

PointyHairedJedi
06-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Clarinet? Zeke, you don't by any chance happen to live next door to a square pants-wearing yellow sponge with a pet snail, do you? :lol:

Sa'ar Chasm
06-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I spent three years in a swing band, playing with guys who had more years of experience than I did of lifetime.

NAHTMMM
07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
O'Brien: I think I liked you better when I hated you.
:D

Lovok: No. Because no Changeling has ever harmed another.
Odo: Why did you say it like that?
Lovok: Seemed important.
Heheheh.

Lex: Hi, Dad.
Lionel: Just for that, I'm firing all of your employees and blaming it on you.
Lex: You can't do that! Thousands of people will lose their jobs!
Lionel: You should have thought of that before you mouthed off.

Martha: Right. Whatever you do, stay away from the spaceship in the storm cellar.
Nixon's voice: (from the cookie jar) Sorry, where is it again?
Jonathan and Martha: The storm cellar!
:D :D

Derek: I can't believe this.
Derek: Kill me now.
IJD: Okay, but not on purpose.

Zeke: Yep. My friend Kate from the police force.
Derek: But why does she look like Fuyu Ginga?

Lawyer: Duh. We're behind everything that's ever happened to you, from the destruction of your bachelor pad to the return of that Newfie vampire who sired you. Remember how your Brita water was empty this morning?
Zeke: Yeah.
Lawyer: We were behind that.
Zeke: Monsters!
:lol: :lol: :lol: