PDA

View Full Version : July 11

Zeke
07-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Welcome to Day 26, or Day Z if you're alphabetically inclined. And speaking of letters of the alphabet, here's one of those three previewed fivers....
<ul> Mega Man X (../videogames/megamanx.html), by (no surprise here) me. Having fived almost all the classic-series Mega Man games, I've now taken my first shot at the X series. (I'm skipping Mega Man 8 for now since I haven't beaten it yet.) There's an in-joke or two for those who remember my fiver of the original Mega Man (../videogames/megaman.html).
[/list]

Now then... it's time I finally revealed the length of Cliffhanger Week. I do this not because I'm tired of the suspense but because you probably think I'm just nuts by now. Thus, here is the story. The last day of Cliffhanger Week will be....

....July 14.

Why? Partly because I'm not nuts quite yet and don't want to drag this thing out longer than I can manage. But mostly because we've got something else scheduled for the 15th. So over the next three days, the remaining threads of CW will be tied up, and the 14th will be the finale. I have about 50 cliffhangers I wish could be in this event, but I'll restrict myself to the essentials and whatever else I can squeeze into three days.

So don't miss Day 27 tomorrow! Be there or be cube!

PointyHairedJedi
07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Gasp! Such a shock... yes, a shock indeed.... :P

Good stuff, Zeke, though I've never actually played Mega Man in any way shape or form before.

MaverickZer0
07-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Eeeeee.

Words and smilies combined cannot express how happy I am.

...Am I the only Mega Man fan who likes Zero better dead?

NAHTMMM
08-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Vile: Pansy. Hey, do you hear a cool techno riff? -- OW!
Zero: Step away from that pansy, Vile!
Vile: I'm going, I'm going. I know when I'm outcooled.
Heehee.

X: Wow! It's giving me the power of... um... white boots?
Dr. Light: These rocket boots will enable you to dash over short distances. Don't wear them to bed, seriously. I have hidden three other upgrade capsules for you....
X: Oo! Where?
Dr. Light: They wouldn't be very hidden if I told you. Now go! Stop the evil! Bring peace! Mind the bottomless pit! -- Ow, that's gotta hurt....

Sub-Tank: I'm a Sub-Tank. You can fill me with energy to use later.
X: What about submarine sandwiches? Can I fill you with those?
Sub-Tank: You're a robot. You don't eat.
X: See, "Sub"--
Sub-Tank: I got it.
:D

X: Don't be afraid! I mean you no harmadillo!
Armored Armadillo: You're declaring an armadillistice?
X: Actually, I'm just getting you within armadillo's reach. Electric Spark away!
Armored Armadillo: Zzt! I knew -- zzt! -- I should have been -- zzt! -- a schoolmarmadillo... GAK!
:D :D

X: He bought the farmadillo.
Launch Octopus: Uh oh. That means you have his weapon. The --
X: Rolling Shield.
Launch Octopus: GAK!
X: Adillo.
Bwahahaha! :lol:

Dr. Light: This final capsule will greatly increase the power of your X-Buster, making you even more of a ticking time bomb than you already are. Even in my time there were no words for how stupid the man who released you is.
Dr. Cain: (over X's comm) You're one to talk. "Hmm... as long as I'm making a robot with a dangerously volatile mind, why don't I also make him infinitely powerful?"
Dr. Light: "Hey! A potentially unstable robot! I think I'll create an *entire race* of robots based on him!"
:lol: :lol:

Rangda Bangda: Are you implying that there's something silly about me?
X: No no, of course not. You're a perfectly ordinary giant Picasso-esque face that takes up an entire room. And uses its nose as a weapon. And is called "Rangda Bangda."
Rangda Bangda: I don't think I like your tone.
:D